× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 126 visibility 9694

Cartoons in Europe, whats your opinion....

Shereen's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Are you angered by the fact that the Europeans print ANY picture of our prophet or is it the fact that they make him look like a terrorist?

Personally I find the cartoons depecting our prophet to be in poor taste and very insulting. As a muslim I understand that we chose not to portray the prophet in any picture or statue, but can we really expect non believers to abide by our beliefs? Of course not. Similarly in the US white hristians may not like to think of Jesus as a black man but black christians see nothing wrong with portraying him that way. There are those that disagree with it and are offended by it but they can not force others to do away with the pictures.

On the current issue about the cartoons in Europe, it does not anger me so much that they draw a picture of the prophet but it certainly offends me that they attempt to make him look like a terrorist, with a bomb on his head. Even in my anger though, I can not sympathize with or condone the actions of the violent protesters. Granted, a peaceful protest may not get favorable results, but violence only helps to fuel hatred toward all muslims world wide. In addition, violent acts only lend support to the very idea the cartoon was intending to foster - that muslims are not peaceful people and that we are all terrorists. This is not the way I want ppl to see me or my religion. I pray the violence comes to a stop and is replaced by peaceful protests and boycotts.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Smok's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Cartoons in Europe, whats your opinion....

Salaam

1. Free speech is most important thing.
    2. I'm against any law which will restrict freedom of speech.
    3. These cartoons were stupid and had no sense. These pictures did nothing good but only troubles.
    Conclusion.
    These cartoons shouldn't be printed but that restriction shouldn't be make by law. It should be an "internal" restriction. I will never print them but I will never make law which restrict freedom of speech.

Maa salama
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

These cartoons shouldn't be printed but that restriction shouldn't be make by law. It should be an "internal" restriction. I will never print them but I will never make law which restrict freedom of speech.
    That will be good if we lived in a world were everyone had morals but we don't so there should be laws and I feel anyone that looks at the cartoons and says freedom of speech there guilty as the people who drew them.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But there is one danger. If we can forbid to draw caricatures of Muhammad then politicals will go forward and forbid to draw caricatures of them, later they will prohibit any critical opinions about goverment.
    In Europe we had this - Hitler, Stalin... All of them started from light censorship.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

later they will prohibit any critical opinions about goverment.
    I havn't got a problem with this, as I believe that this country should be run under the sharia law and I wouldn't want anyone saying anything against it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

My opinion is that it is clear that the west is against us.

Also, I think if we can't do anything constructive that will resolve this situation, then we shouldn't try and cause corruption within the lands!!

So many people say they are going to do this and that, but how many of you attended the Demonstration at Trafalgar Square (i don't expect people from the US to go there, but atleast those who reside in London)?

Well? Ponder over that, unless you had a good excuse, you should have gone to the demo, instead of sitting in front of the computer screen, inciting violence and hatred but then doing apsolutely nothing.

That is clearly hypocricy, those who couldn't be bothered to go!

Don't mean to offend anybody, but just saying what i think.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post
    My opinion is that it is clear that the west is against us.

Also, I think if we can't do anything constructive that will resolve this situation, then we shouldn't try and cause corruption within the lands!!

So many people say they are going to do this and that, but how many of you attended the Demonstration at Trafalgar Square (i don't expect people from the US to go there, but atleast those who reside in London)?

Well? Ponder over that, unless you had a good excuse, you should have gone to the demo, instead of sitting in front of the computer screen, inciting violence and hatred but then doing apsolutely nothing.

That is clearly hypocricy, those who couldn't be bothered to go!

Don't mean to offend anybody, but just saying what i think.
    Salaam

Well I watched on 'islam channel' since I live in Liverpool but i'll be there next saturday (inshallah)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post
    Salaam

Well I watched on 'islam channel' since I live in Liverpool but i'll be there next saturday (inshallah)
    Subhaanallah brother, ur comin all the way 2 London?

May Allah bles u and the whole Muslim ummah.

But the thing is, i think you will be very angry to hear this, but there are some who live in London, but they just don't bother....It makes me sick!!!:grumbling
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram View Post
    Subhaanallah brother, ur comin all the way 2 London?

May Allah bles u and the whole Muslim ummah.

But the thing is, i think you will be very angry to hear this, but there are some who live in London, but they just don't bother....It makes me sick!!!:grumbling
    Salaam

Well the protest was well orginised, coaches will be leaving from every major city will be leaving striaght after fajar.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

u no wat....dis cartoon fink doesnt really effect me da way it does to som ppl...i mean i dont break up or shout n scream my frustrations out.
    i jus sort of v a weird feelin dats all

chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well as me self n uder muzlim can't bare to see our muzlim brovaz n sisterz getin hurt r our loved one...
    no how can we let that just fade away no way that's not going to happen!!
    we should all stand up for our religion and a mean our religion!
    chat Quote

Samee's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims number in the billions across the world and they have every right to be offended by the crude, insulting cartoons. However, it seems to me that the Western media seems only to wish to react to the extreme Islamists who are carrying out acts of violence and making outrageous calls for revenge in response. By focusing on this reaction, they are taking them seriously.

By ignoring the billions of normal Muslims and many moderate Muslim commentators who aren't calling for any kind of violent reaction towards the cartoons, the media is simply marginalising Islam as a whole. It's freaking stupid. The media and ordinary Western people play right into the hands of the muslims every single time something like this comes up, they push ordinary Muslims further and further into the margins. It's like me asking some ordinary Christian American why he's such a goddamn moron who hates fags.

Scew the western media to the pits of the hellfire.

"It will be said to the pious believers in Islamic Monotheism: 'Oh you, the one in complete rest and satisfaction! Come back to your Lord well rested and well pleased!

Enter you among my honored servants!

And enter you my paradise!

Al-Fajr, 27-30
    chat Quote

Shereen's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well I have to agree with those of you who brought up the issue of western media. As some of you may already know Im currently in the US but have lived in a Muslim country as well, and certainly hope to return soon. I can see first hand that the media here is definately biased and helps to perpetuate hatred toward Muslims. But what annoys me more than the media, is the fact that the majority of the general public take no responsibility for thier own minds. They make no effort to educate themselves, or dont bother to listen to anyone with a different oppinion. Instead they just follow blindly in the footsteps of the herd and accept whatever reality the media is selling this week. :grumbling
    chat Quote

wysiwyg's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To quote LI Oldtimer
    I havn't got a problem with this, as I believe that this country should be run under the sharia law and I wouldn't want anyone saying anything against it.
    This is why westerners have a problem with Islam. Islam brings with it a legal system and naturally any attempt to express Islamic ideology within a western country results in conflict because there is already a perfectly good legal system to be found there. It's as simple as that. Either you downgrade Shari'a from a law to an ethic, overtake the country through force of numbers or live in misery. It is your choice. If you take the second option then you had better be ready to do more than just make threats, because when it comes to fighting for freedom, westerners are notorious.

I assume that you LI Oldtimer are an "ordinary Muslim" and not an extremist. In which case, it is not just the extremists that we have issues with.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

it is not just the extremists that we have issues with.
    I'm not an extremists but do you care to explain the above
    chat Quote

sumay28's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The cartoons insulted me. It was a disguisting portrayal of our prophet (saw). Depicting him as terrorist, thereby, making us all look like terrorists. They mocked our religion. May Allah grant them guidance, and if guidance isn't written for them... i'll just leave it at that.

About the protests. I agree with the protests, and another side of me does not. I think that the cartoons were direcly to insult us, and it's purpose was fufilled... they got a rise out of the Muslims. They caused a bit of mayham. I understand why people took a stand on it. Now... I have seen a lot of movies, cartoons, etc. depicting ALLAH!! I saw a movie a while back ago where Alanis Moressette played a God who didn't speak! I've seen many many many movies, seen many cartoons, and heard many jokes about Allah himself!! Why didn't the Muslim community bite down on that one? Or what about depictions of Isa (as)? Moosa (as)? Nuh (as)? When I was a kid I used to have a video came called "Bible Stories", where I had to play as Noah (as) and get all the animals, in pairs, into the arc! Or I can choose to be Moses's (as) mother and try and get baby Moses into the basket. Sometimes dropping him in the process. And of COURSE... who can forget Adam (as)? There are MILLIONS of images depicting Adam... a lot of which are insulting. Come on.. where are the picket signs? The boycotts?

Finally, about the "freedom of speech" issue. It's called censorship. That cartoon is potentially dangerous to the writers and to a lot of people and they know it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post
    Salaam

I believe that law and religion should be separated because each country should be home for everyone - muslims, christians, atheists... Law can't contain religious rules because there is not one religion accepted by everyone. There are not only muslims on this world.
    chat Quote

wysiwyg's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, and I'll start with the following taken from http://www.beconvinced.com/en/articl...o%20To%20Islam

A Complete Way Of Life !

Islam is a religion, but not in the western meaning of religion. The western connotation of the term "religion" is something between the believer and God. Islam is a religion that organizes all aspects of life on both the individual and national levels.

Islam organizes your relations with God, with yourself, with your children, with your relatives, with your neighbor, with your guest, and with other brethren. Islam clearly establishes your duties and rights in all those relationships.

Islam establishes a clear system of worship, civil rights, laws of marriage and divorce, laws of inheritance, code of behavior, what not to drink, what to wear, and what not to wear, how to worship God, how to govern, the laws of war and peace, when to go to war, when to make peace, the law of economics, and the laws of buying and selling. Islam is a complete code of life.

Islam is not practiced in the mosque only, it is for daily life, a guide to life in all its aspects: socially, economically, and politically.

Islam is complete constitution. Thus Islam keeps the Muslim away from confusion, because Islam is logical and rational. Allah is one. Allah is one Allah has no sons. Allah is not associated with trinity. Allah does not kill to save. No mediation is required between Allah and man. Islam organizes human nature, but does not go against it. There is not a class of clergy in Islam; nor is there celibacy. Islam is complete way of human life.
    Author : Dr.Muhammad Al Alkhuli
    Source : Islamway
    This is where the problem lies, and not with a bunch of violent terrorists.

The cartoon fiasco has been brilliant in illustrating the obvious ignorance of westerners to beliefs held sacred by Muslims. However, Muslims need to understand in return that we have beliefs that we hold sacred. We, in a secular society, may have no religion, but we believe very strongly in institutions of democracy. To us the place to make laws with which to run our lives is in parliament and similar institutions and not through interpretation of 1400 year old texts.

As you say, you are no extremist. If you listen and read moderate responses to Muslim incursions into western society you will find the same things echoing over and over. "Freedom of expression" is instituted for us within our legal system. Muslims do not understand "Freedom of expression" because everything has already been taken care of through the scriptures, so there's no discussion, and discussion and asking of questions is not encouraged. That is the only way that westerners were able to advance science, lead the industrial revolution and make progress. We are not going to turn round and accept some old tribal legal system that we have no cultural connection to and that is the inference that comes from those who promote Islam like yourself. Expect strong resistance to suggestions like:

I hope I have explained enough.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

Expect strong resistance to suggestions like
    I expect that but at the end of the day, the whole world will be muslim
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Tasneem's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes i am insulted but
    The way the muslims are acting is very foolish.

Just like a scholar was saying on saturday

We(Muslims)are not acting any better

Then the kufr

We(Muslims)want them to stop

And get rid of the cartoons but we(Muslims)are just arguing and acting like kufr

We are suppose to argue with Hikmah

Instead we go out with flags yelling and screaming

To them we are proving to them that we really are terrorists

We argue,yes,but in a gentle manner

Remember when Abu Hurariah(May Allah be pleased with him)
    came to the Prophet Muhammed(SAAWS)And told him
    Tht his(Abu Hurariahs)Mother was talking about him(The prophet Muhammed)and he still made dua for Abu Hurariahs mom
    And she accepted islam.

We have to be better then the kufr

SaLaMz
    Last edited by Tasneem; 02-12-2006 at 10:44 PM.

~!My hijab is my crown!~

~For My past will for ever be a part of my present and my future!~

I know i look diffrent--im going through something.Make dua for me
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Cartoons in Europe, whats your opinion.... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Cartoons in Europe, whats your opinion....