× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Do Muslims have too much hate in them?

Voters
52. Login to vote on this poll
  • Yes hate is making Muslims weaker.

24 46.15%
  • Yes but the hate is justified.

13 25.00%
  • No, most Muslims don't.

15 28.85%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 51 visibility 7090

Do we (Muslims) have too much hate in us?

Cheb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

This is a question that personally I already have made up my mind about. I am posting this because I would like to know what everyone else thinks. I believe that we are acting on our emotions for the wrong reasons a little too much these days. When I hear that someone blew himself/herself up in a bunch of soldiers I wonder, what was his/her reasons for doing so?
    I am not only talking about the bombings, but also any other incidents.
    After all, our actions are judged by our intentions. I believe we have way too much hate in us to truly succeed as Muslims.
    Take this hadeeth for example:

"In the campaigns of the Prophet, before a general engagement of the forces, the champions of each side fought duels just like the Roman gladiators. In the battle of Uhud, a champion from the Makkan army rode out of his ranks and challenged the Muslims. Ali went out to meet him. Moments later, Ali had vanquished his opponent, and had planted his knee on his chest to deliver the coup de grace. In that moment, as a last act of defiance, the fallen champion spat on Ali.

It would have been a perfectly normal and human reaction on the part of Ali to have plunged his sword into the heart of the offender, who, now prostrate, had violated a rule of pagan chivalry – an unpardonable offense in Arabia.

But Ali did just the opposite. He rose from the chest of his enemy, put his sword into the scabbard, and walked back to his own lines.

Both armies were watching this drama, and both were surprised but no one was more surprised than the enemy who had just been overcome, and could not believe that he was safe. What was the meaning of this strange act, he wondered; wasn't Ali going to kill him for his insolence?

The Makkan hero rose from the ground, overtook Ali, and asked him why he did not kill him. Ali said:

"Your foul act made me angry. Now if I were to kill you, I would find satisfaction against a personal injury. But I am not seeking satisfaction against any personal injury. I do not want to kill anyone for any personal reason."

When the pagan warrior heard Ali's answer, his astonishment was even greater than before. But he understood that Ali was fighting for an ideal. Ali's answer accomplished what his sword had not; it destroyed the unbelief of his adversary, and he (the adversary) accepted Islam.

This one act epitomized Ali's philosophy of life. He demonstrated that his hatred, just like his love, was impersonal. He did not hate or love for himself; he hated or loved only for the sake of God. If he fought, it was only to win the pleasure of God; and if he made peace, it was also to win the pleasure of God. His whole raison d'être was to win the pleasure of God.

If Ali disdained to kill for reasons of his principle, he also disdained to kill for reasons of his humanity."

I always think about this hadeeth whenever I see Muslims react to any injustice that might have been done to them.

I encourage any criticisms and arguments.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Do we (Muslims) have too much hate in us?

I think honestly, alot of muslims (THAT I KNOW PERSONALY)

they take the fact that Islam allows people to defend themselves and they abuse it, like where I'm from alot of muslims think they can intiate something but as long as they dont strike firstthey are not guilty, I dont think they realise the how much people endured before they were allowed to fight back.

Also I see alot of muslims (IN MY COLLEGE) are quick to accept un verified information.

Aight

peace
    chat Quote

abdul Majid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    "He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah." [Qur’aan 4:80]
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

how can you say, do we have to much hate in us after everything thats going on in the world past and present???
    do you see what is done to out brothers ,sisters, CHILDREN, houses everything is being destroyed.....are we supposed to be happy??
    chat Quote

McCool's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No, you do not have to be happy. You do not have to like the situation. You have to deal with it. Anger and Hate are not constructive, When you are angry and hateful you are not rational.

Muslims are not the only people to be facing injustice. Stop acting as if you are because you being angry about it accomplishes nothing.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok so let me be quiet and watch as thousands of innoceent people die ?! ?! ?!

its not constructive i agree, but if your leaders promote killing and such, then what are the people supposed to think???

leaders like bush wanna conquer everythnig, but watta bout the us???
    is it perfect yet???
    how many people could bush have saved from wolrd hunger with that war money???
    and so on....
    chat Quote

minaz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    rep points mean nothin
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No- a lack of education
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by minaz View Post
    No- a lack of education
    I second that. 'Tis quite a shame too.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

No- a lack of education
    i disagree, anyone can have education..only a few can gain wisdom out of it, and most gain arrogance out of it.

There are many things that can create hate in a person..first off its themselves none the less.

If anything, people waste time hating something forgetting about what they should really care.

If we helped the innocent more than we WASTED our money getting pleasure out of revenge, maybe we could get something good out of it. Allahu A'lem

Hate all that Allah hates, love all that Allah loves and follow the prophet's examples, simple as that

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

i disagree, anyone can have education..only a few can gain wisdom out of it, and most gain arrogance out of it.

There are many things that can create hate in a person..first off its themselves none the less.

If anything, people waste time hating something forgetting about what they should really care.

If we helped the innocent more than we WASTED our money getting pleasure out of revenge, maybe we could get something good out of it. Allahu A'lem

Hate all that Allah hates, love all that Allah loves and follow the prophet's examples, simple as that

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam
    Salam Alaykom.
    Very well said charisma. That is what I was trying to get at. Hate does not really get you anywhere. Sure we have many reasons to hate our enemies but we are simply wasting way too much energy on expressing our hate rather than finding a REALISTIC solution. Right now we are simply too weak to fight. Hate is making us forget about why we are fighting in the first place. You should remember that it is not hate that gave victory to the Muslim armies during our prophet's (pbuh) time, rather it was faith or imaan. That is why I put the hadeeth in this thread, it is an example of why we should not use our hate to fight, rather we should use our faith.
    However you cannot rule out education being another helpful solution. The education I am talking about is education in Islam and the teachings of our prophet (pbuh). If we truly followed his example, we would be a much stronger people.
    Wasalam Alaykom.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    minaz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    rep points mean nothin
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thus if people are educated they'd know that hate gets you no where
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by Cheb
    The education I am talking about is education in Islam and the teachings of our prophet (pbuh).
    Anyone can be fully educated about Islam, submission is what counts..

If we truly followed his example, we would be a much stronger people.
    very well said mashallah, i agree

format_quote Originally Posted by Minaz
    Thus if people are educated they'd know that hate gets you no where
    Even if you were to be the most knowledgable in Islam it wouldnt stop you from feeling hate. It is one of the strongest feelings in the world, no matter what anyone says its YOU that can change your own mind, no one else. and its not wrong to hate, its ur actions that make people judge who you are despite how you are feeling.

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma* View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum

Anyone can be fully educated about Islam, submission is what counts..

very well said mashallah, i agree

Even if you were to be the most knowledgable in Islam it wouldnt stop you from feeling hate. It is one of the strongest feelings in the world, no matter what anyone says its YOU that can change your own mind, no one else. and its not wrong to hate, its ur actions that make people judge who you are despite how you are feeling.

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam
    However submission without knowledge may lead to misguided actions. I think it is safe to say that it works best with both together.
    Salam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

However submission without knowledge may lead to misguided actions. I think it is safe to say that it works best with both together.
    yes very true indeed, i was saying that anyone could have knowledge but its not going to matter unless they actually put it to good use. Barak Allah feek for your correction and inputs.

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

abu_ismail's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid View Post
    ok so let me be quiet and watch as thousands of innoceent people die ?! ?! ?!

its not constructive i agree, but if your leaders promote killing and such, then what are the people supposed to think???

leaders like bush wanna conquer everythnig, but watta bout the us???
    is it perfect yet???
    how many people could bush have saved from wolrd hunger with that war money???
    and so on....

As Salaamu Alaikum,

I personally think that people are forgetting that when it was asked of Aishah (radiallahu anha) " What was the character of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Salaam)? She replied " it was that of the Qur'an" and in the Qur'an Allah says " In Muhammed you have the best example".

We have been taught by the best of creation how to deal with the fitnah that we as a Ummah are going thru at these times. We don't return to the Qur'an and Sunnah!!!! When we follow a way other then that of Allah and His Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Salaam) Then we are destined to be overtaken by our foes, our desires and our emotions. Let us not forget the is a Jihad called Jihad Al-Nafs, which was spoken about as being the greatest Jihad....

In short people when the amount of sins of the muslims reach and surpass that of the kaffers then the protection of Allah is removed from the people.

We have to as an Ummah return back to the obedience of Allah and His Rasool Muhammed (Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Salaam). Let us leave our own personal feelings and desires. For surely Allah says "Is there any reward for good other than good" (55:60)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Brother_Mujahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To infinity & beyond
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

thought i'd share this hadeeth

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strong man is not the one who can overpower others (in wrestling); rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself when he gets angry." (Reported by Ahmad, 2/236; the hadeeth is agreed upon).

and yes we need to be educated to control emotions, and not to vent anger at the first instance of an event/words or actions of others.

Member of - LI's MTL™crew (Marriage thread lovers)-
    chat Quote

McCool's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mujahid - That is the most sane/wise thing I have heard all day.
    chat Quote

abu_ismail's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid View Post
    thought i'd share this hadeeth

The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "The strong man is not the one who can overpower others (in wrestling); rather, the strong man is the one who controls himself when he gets angry." (Reported by Ahmad, 2/236; the hadeeth is agreed upon).

and yes we need to be educated to control emotions, and not to vent anger at the first instance of an event/words or actions of others.
    This hadeeth is small in the amount of words but it's meaning is far and wide. May Allah bless you for this naseeha, this words in there wisdom should reach the heart of every person seeking to be obedient to Allah and His Messenger (Sallahu Alaihe Wa Salaam).
    chat Quote

*LJ*'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam,

Alhamdulillah, those ahadith definitely give us all something to think about. I think there is a lot of hate/anger especially among younger muslims and even though I can completely understand why, I don't really think we should have so much hate.

We should be grateful for what we have and not dwell on what we don't have or what is 'against us'. After all, the prejudices against Islam exist simply because people don't know enough about it and don't see that it is the truth. Why should we be angry at this when we, as muslims, have been blessed and guided to the truth by Allah?

However, I do think we should correct people if they say something wrong about Islam and let people know when things upset us. If we do this, I think more people will come to see Islam for what it really is, inshaAllah.

Salam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by *LJ* View Post
    Salam,

Alhamdulillah, those ahadith definitely give us all something to think about. I think there is a lot of hate/anger especially among younger muslims and even though I can completely understand why, I don't really think we should have so much hate.

We should be grateful for what we have and not dwell on what we don't have or what is 'against us'. After all, the prejudices against Islam exist simply because people don't know enough about it and don't see that it is the truth. Why should we be angry at this when we, as muslims, have been blessed and guided to the truth by Allah?

However, I do think we should correct people if they say something wrong about Islam and let people know when things upset us. If we do this, I think more people will come to see Islam for what it really is, inshaAllah.

Salam

SALAM ALAKUM OH YOU CANT UNDERSTAND WHY HUH SISTER?!?!
    WELL MAYBE ITS BECUASE WE HAVE BROTHERS BEING KILLED, CHILDREN MURDERED AND EVEN RAPED, SISTERS BEING RAPED, OUR GLORIOUS RELIGION STEPPED ON AND CRITIZED BY PEOPLE WHO BELEIVE NOT, AND DISTRUPUTE DRUGS AND SOFORTH.....BUT YOU THINK WE SHOULDNT BE MAD??
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid View Post
    SALAM ALAKUM OH YOU CANT UNDERSTAND WHY HUH SISTER?!?!
    WELL MAYBE ITS BECUASE WE HAVE BROTHERS BEING KILLED, CHILDREN MURDERED AND EVEN RAPED, SISTERS BEING RAPED, OUR GLORIOUS RELIGION STEPPED ON AND CRITIZED BY PEOPLE WHO BELEIVE NOT, AND DISTRUPUTE DRUGS AND SOFORTH.....BUT YOU THINK WE SHOULDNT BE MAD??
    Oh well - just a little bit of anger there then. It looks a bit out of place when you notice that *LJ* said "I can completely understand why"...

Peace
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Do we (Muslims) have too much hate in us? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Do we (Muslims) have too much hate in us?