star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Who Gets MORE Respect?

Report bad ads?

Do those American women who expose their beauty really deserve respect? Or do Muslim women deserve and receive more respect?

American Women

To this world- beauty is what is shown in magazines and in photographs... Beauty isn't something to show off as American women do, but...

Muslim Women

Many people call it hiding your beauty, I call it truly showing it because you are all so lucky...people get to see your true beauty- What is in inside of you. People get to see your personality and they judge you on that. That is what is important.

Who deserves more respect?

Muslim Women deserve it and definitely get it. The media makes it seem like they don't get respect but they do. I always used to think that Muslim women never got respect, but once I read this article...I noticed how highly held women are in your society.

I found this and I thought that this might be worth to see... It really put everything into perspective.
    “Jewels Are Precious – So Protect Them”. Sister you are the Jewel, you are Precious, and you need Protection. Your Creator has shown you long ago how to protect yourself but Laa, No you won’t heed him, you will do what you like, dress yourself as you like and go wherever you like… and afterwards you’ll cry, but for some of you it will be too LATE.
    Last edited by Jeness18; 02-22-2006 at 12:33 AM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    nafy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    *PrOuD MuSlIm*
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Who Gets MORE Respect?

Hey
    thankz 2 dat post Jeness18 was nice to read i must say....its a relief from the usual point of view about muslim women bein opressed due to the way they dress...
    n u r actually very correct...we do get alot of respect....the islamic dress code is protection for muslim women....it helps to show that women are not to be used by men for sex.....it gives us an identity which am really proud of!
    again thank u for that
    take care
    peace
    Who Gets MORE Respect?

wwwislamicboardcom - Who Gets MORE Respect?
    chat Quote

Protected_Diamond's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Of course Alhamdulilah (All praise is to Allah s.w.a)

Good thread you've started with many good points....Definitely i feel as though muslim boys in college - ( not just in college outside as well) have respect for me and other practising sisters. For example signs of respect is that they lower their gaze and speak when only necessary...etc

Obviosuly the media are going to make lies up and protray Islam as oppressing women and so on.

Peace!
    Who Gets MORE Respect?

“Whoever puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is Allah for him.”
    chat Quote

Lush's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't think we should be competing for respect. Respect is an earned quality; if the only way for a woman to get respect is based strictly on her outward appeareance, well, we're all losers then, aren't we? When I ride the bus to class in my t-shirt and skirt, I don't compete with the girl in the niqaab for respect, and she doesn't do the same with me.

We're all different. It's up to us to respect each other's differences, at university and otherwise.

I feel bad when someone critiques a friend of mine for her hijab. I feel equally bad when someone thinks it's somehow Ok to disrespect me because I dress differently than my Muslim friends.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Jeness18's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Who Gets MORE Respect?

format_quote Originally Posted by Lush View Post
    I feel equally bad when someone thinks it's somehow Ok to disrespect me because I dress differently than my Muslim friends.
    Dress however you want...I didn't say I'd disrespect you for being different. I understand how it is to grow up in a society where you are pressured to look a certain way... dress a certain way... be who you want to be. I'm sorry if my post offended you.
    chat Quote

Takumi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Jeness18 View Post
    Do those American women who expose their beauty really deserve respect? Or do Muslim women deserve and receive more respect?

[B]American Women[B]

To this world- beauty is what is shown in magazines and in photographs... Beauty isn't something to show off as American women do, but...

Muslim Women

Many people call it hiding your beauty, I call it truly showing it because you are all so lucky...people get to see your true beauty- What is in inside of you. People get to see your personality and they judge you on that. That is what is important.

Who deserves more respect?

Muslim Women deserve it and definitely get it. The media makes it seem like they don't get respect but they do. I always used to think that Muslim women never got respect, but once I read this article...I noticed how highly held women are in your society.
    I think the title of this thread is misleading. Muslim women expose their bodies too. Maybe you should re word this thread.
    Who Gets MORE Respect?

Takumi Nakashima
    WattaquLlah(a) wa yu'allimukumuLlah(u)
    (Be Mindful of Allah and He will teach you)
    chat Quote

The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Takumi View Post
    I think the title of this thread is misleading. Muslim women expose their bodies too. Maybe you should re word this thread.
    da girls dat do not cover der body from males wen dey reach dey age of puberty r only muslims by name not by heart....but if i ask a muslim gal she wud say dat it is bcuz to cover up in da Uk is dangerous :confused:...i really dunno. i mean if u follow islam wid all ur heart, u WUD cover ur self up bcuz coverin up in da UK is not dangerous.
    Who Gets MORE Respect?

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think everyone deserves respect, unless their actions show otherwise.

Who actually gets respect is a different matter

Nice post though, Jeness. I see your point.
    chat Quote

minaz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    rep points mean nothin
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

RESPECT to this thread
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by minaz View Post
    RESPECT to this thread
    Just a little bit

Just a little bit

R-E-S-P-E-C-T etc etc

I went to Disneyland and Minne Mouse was singing that song. Surreal goodness.
    chat Quote

Anette's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Beauty is always a question regarding what is inside. Otherwise it is appearance.

I try to never judge anyone for his or her appearance but for inner qualities. However I think the way Muslims showing their women respect is really nice. Like saying: “I respect you for who you are”. That’s a really nice way showing someone respect.
    chat Quote

bezimany 071's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam
    here are my 2 cents
    i wont talk about american woman, but i will talk about a woman on the cover of a magazine, or a woman in comercial where she is holding a six pack of beer and posing in her bikini exposing her lustfull six pack belly.....
    that woman doesnt stand a chance next to a muslim woman......
    respect?.....if she demands respect from me the only thing i could respond would be "would you like fries with that miss?".....
    dont get me wrong, i respect all beings, but dont demand respect from me if you choose to objectify yourself as a sex tool, or if you chose to be ignorant....
    muslim woman who wears hijab in my eyes hold unexplainable amount of beauty, because the only thing i can see is her face, the rest is mistery, and the thing is i dont think about the rest because if im talking to this sister i would pay attention to her, not her body parts.....im only human, of course if i see a woman who is frolicking around half naked i might check her out......but there would not be anything that could inspire me to walk up to her and spark up a conversation
    in another words.....if you want people to respect you , than carry yourself in respectful manner and give respect to others first.....

so who deserves more respect.....(drum roll).....muslim sistaaaaaahhhhzzzz who stays on top of her deen
    respect
    bez
    chat Quote

DaSangarTalib's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ i agree with you brother
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings and peace be with you Annette,
    Like saying: “I respect you for who you are”.
    But do we all have the confidence to be the person we really are.
    Maybe it is to think do some people doubt themselves, can they only be loved if they have heaps of cosmetic surgery. Will people only come to love the plastic and silicone that masks the person inside?

We seem to be travelling down a road fraught with danger,

In the spirit of striving to stick with the beauty that God created everyone of us with

Eric
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Halima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who gets more respect?

As a muslim woman, I must certainly tell you that I get alot of respect for who I am. I dress modestly, I act modestly and I speak modestly. I dont judge American women therefore I won't crtiticize them by their dressing or by their promiscous behaviors. Do american women get more repspect? From my eyes just from the streets alone american women don't get repsect. they have to adjust themselves to this society before getting respect. they have to get respect the hard way. We get it the easy way. We as muslim woman hold our dignity and identities with high pride.

We do not have to wear skirts above our knees to just get respect.
    We don't have to wear half t-shirts just to attain respect.
    most of all, we don't have to walk on the streets prancing arounf half naked just to catch the eye of a man. Islam protects us to such an extent, that it preserves our dignity and modesty for us. We hide our beauty to preserve this from our husbands.

American women have no more beauty left to flaunt by the time they are married unlike us.

Who Gets MORE Respect?

Do your charity in the name of Da'wah and help us out

Insha'Allah Khair.

chat Quote

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You have a pretty weird idea of what is worthy of "respect", IMHO.

Maybe that "American woman" is a surgeon, who saves people's lives every day? Maybe that muslim woman is a great poet? THAT would be worthy of respect, not how long their skirt is. Why should a change of clothes generate "respect"?

Its the person inside that counts, what they do, and who they are. Why should acting and speaking modestly be particularly commendable? What is there to be "modest" about?
    chat Quote

Sub-Zero's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol ... you do know there are american muslim girls right?

and the responses here are biased as hell
    chat Quote

Sub-Zero's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

also what's with picking on american girls? trust me, european, brazilian girls show way more skin.
    chat Quote

shorouk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jeness u have said something so butiful really...wen a male at school or in the street or my male neighbors talk to me and befriend me i know it is not for my body i know it is for who i am i know it is for my personality

regarding american women i have to say there are alot of them who are good people who are respectful and nice but they dress so according to their soceitey...
    and i must say the insides are much more important than the outside appearance...
    and yes muslim women have all the right that men have for example we have the right to work to learn to drive to go out to have our own money
    if i wrk for example in not required to share it with my husband even if he needs it i can do naythign wth and my husband father or brother has no right to ask... a women can participate in politics and run her own business
    these are from among the many rights that muslim women have and many many muslim women do this wearing the higab...
    and also i wnat to say something higab is not covering urself with an ugly black clothing not tru alot of muslim ladies wear skirts shirts and pants that is respctful and not tight fittign but loose and it is considered higab and respectful...
    peace... thnx Jeness for having an open mind and not think that were oppressd or sth loool...
    peace...
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    shorouk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sub-Zero actaully ur right there are alot of american muslim girls...
    i dont noe if u muslim or not or even arab but i will tell that if u were to go to certain arabic countries like egypt, lebonon, etc u will see alot of girls who dress with very tight and revealing clothes and they are arab muslims ...
    u see im arab but i will admit this...
    if u watch or see arabic music videos they are just liek american ones... so no1 is sayign that muslim girls are angels loool

its just that wen ur covered u noe that he opposite sex has accepted and befriended u for who are and this u can b sure of as a girl i mean...

and also the inside is very very important...
    there can b some1 covered who has bad manners and is not good hearted.. and some other girl who is not covered and is very nice good hearted and with 10/10 manners....
    Trumble
    ur riht too but every1 has diff views...
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Who Gets MORE Respect? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Who Gets MORE Respect?