× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 25 visibility 3491

What will you regret in your last breath?

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Just wanted to share this inshaAllah

Imagine you’ve been meaning to copy important files onto a cd, usb device, floppy but before you could your internet connection gets cut off because you did not pay your bill.
    Imagine you had to make an important phone call, only to find that your phone has been disconnected.
    Imagine you’ve made plans to go somewhere, but a crisis has arisen and you can’t go.
    You would be feel really frustrated wouldn’t you? But you know that you haven’t lost the chance to do those things forever. So your frustration is short lived.

But imagine the frustration you’ll feel when death is holding your hand and you can’t do anything that you’d been meaning to do. You won’t get another chance again. Imagine your anguish at that time. Allah had given you, days, weeks, months and years but you kept putting off what you knew you should do. Now your connection to life is about to be cut off and you're overwhelmed with regret. And you won't be able to do anything about it.

What I’m saying is that, if you intend to do something good, don’t wait for that ‘one day’ when it’s easier for you. That day might never come. So if you’re thinking of being a good muslim one day, stopping all the things you do that you know are wrong, giving charity, caring for your parents, helping others, repenting or anything that's good.. then why wait? Do it today. Imagine you’re in the throes of death and your worst enemy comes to you asking for forgiveness. Surely you would. Imagine you wronged someone but pride prevented you from asking their forgiveness. Now you will die knowing you will have to answer for what wrong you did to that person. So swallow your pride and ask them to forgive you now. You might not get a chance again. So if there's anything you know you will regret on your death bed, then make amends for it today. Think of all the unexpected deaths we see around us. Did these people expect to die when they did? No of course not. Death took them when they least expected it to. Just like it could take me or you... anytime.. anywhere..

Alhumdullilah when I think like this, it really makes me a better person practically. Well…I’m not a good writer and my examples are rubbish lol. Bit still, I hope that it was beneficial to share with you guyz. (inshaAllah)

:sister:
    Last edited by Snowflake; 03-02-2006 at 05:33 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: What will you regret in your last breath?

Salam
    When your last breath passes from your lips and you see the angel of death come to take you away, no amount of regret will do anything to change your situation.
    May Allah make it easy on us to endure the sakaraat
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

MetSudaisTwice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    ameen thumma ameen
    may allah guide and protect us
    jazakallah for posting sis muslimah
    wasalam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ameen. You're welcome MetsudaisTwice bro
    Last edited by Snowflake; 03-02-2006 at 09:47 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    julie sarri's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

every day that you are alive is another day to make your faith pure for allah (swt) and do rightesous deeds befor you die unto allah (swt) we returen
    chat Quote

hidaayah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

nice post sis..!! jazakallah khair ..!! verry inspiring..
    Last edited by hidaayah; 03-02-2006 at 03:03 PM.

وإذا لم يكن منَ الموتِ بُدُّ فمِنَ العَجزِ أنْ تَكُونَ جَبَانا
    If death is something inescapable, then it is from weakness to be a coward-!

Lahoo main bhegay dareeda Anchal
    Qasam hai tum ko bhula na daina...

chat Quote

jzcasejz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallah Khair for this excellent reminder. A good post

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    Well…I’m not a good writer and my examples are rubbish lol. Bit still, I hope that it was beneficial to share with you guyz. (inshaAllah)
    WOW!!! You wrote that yourself....Mashallah that's amaaaaaazing :brother:

May Allah reward you for your efforts
    Last edited by jzcasejz; 03-02-2006 at 06:53 PM.
    chat Quote

shudnt_have's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaams

I felt it close, I felt it near last night

subhaAllah it is scary.

Ramadan Kareem.
    chat Quote

samina1's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mashALLAH, IT REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART.. i will not regret anythin.. a dunya is jsut a sins to me... n this not real, n da real world is after death.. not alot of ppz notice tht..
    fiamaniALLAH.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazakallah sis for sharin...

it was a nice read n certainly beneficial

i really wud luv to rite like u

chat Quote

Guli7's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by samina1 View Post
    mashALLAH, IT REALLY TOUCHED MY HEART.. i will not regret anythin.. a dunya is jsut a sins to me... n this not real, n da real world is after death.. not alot of ppz notice tht..
    fiamaniALLAH.

yeah its like you try really hard to be a perfect person, but you will end up fibbing here or there or doing things you do not mean to no matter how minor. This is not a perfect world and we could only hope that we are forgiven in the end and pray for that.

Sometimes I don't catch myself and I am in the middle of gossiping or saying to others what bad things a person did etc. All those little things are sins and yet all very natural human behavior. We don't take any of it for granted. Hopefully our prayers and repentance will save us.

Thank you for writing this beautiful message.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

awww jazakAllah khair guys.. alhumdullilah Allah gave me the tofeek to share something valueable with u guyz.. tnx for all ur nice comments : )))
    chat Quote

Hijaabi22's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[PIE]im gonna regret not makin the most of my youth as in islamically, as the prophet pbuh sed 1 of the 7 types of ppl hu enter jannah, of those one type will be those ppl hu practised their deen in their youth....so all you youngsters (that includes me, im onooooonly 19) take advantage of my post, reflect on what the prophet pbuh sed and inshaAllah learn from my mistakes and start practising ya deen inshaAllah! May Allah swt guide us all on the straight path Ameen.....

Hey guys Im still young ryt??? Im still a 'youth'...Ryt?? Jus wish i had it in me to start practising my religion and make the most of every day..... With Allah(swt) guidance inshaAllah
    [/PIE]
    chat Quote

Mainul_Islam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i used to make fun of these 2 kids (1 in 6th grade and 1 in 7th grade)

i've started practicing Islam since 10th grade.. now i dont kno where i can find them to say sorry for the past :'(

LÂ ILÂHA ILLA ALLÂH! THERE IS NO GOD BUT GOD!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    nurul3eyn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

masha'allah sis cool post :sister:

wwwislamicboardcom - What will you regret in your last breath?
    chat Quote

jameelash's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam-it is so scary to think about the death.a sponge dipped in milk when squeezed will provide only milk.it is said our heart will be squeezed at the time of death by the angels.what will be squeezed out of the heart of aperson which is filled only with dunya,s profit.? what is our position?isn,t it high time we make self hisab before Alaah makes the hisab.? A good post sis.:thankyou:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khair all. May Allah accept our repentance and help us to outweigh our bad deeds with good ones. Ameen.
    chat Quote

DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

17.When a long article/post has been posted, and you want to comment on the article/post, do not quote it since it is a waste of space.

Wow, nicely written there is so much i would regret that I could/should have done. I already regret what I have missed out on

BTW Muslimah_Sis, I think you should begin to write articles on Islam.
    Last edited by Ibn Abi Ahmed; 03-06-2006 at 01:57 PM.

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - What will you regret in your last breath?We'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

frustration is wen ur most treasured ones (mum, dad) pass away and u think to urself.... why wasnt i better!!!!

why didnt i help them more, why didnt i try harder to keep em happy, why did i not spend more time wiv em. IT EATS U INSIDE!!!! even tho u did massage them all the time wen u saw signs of weakness, even tho u always tried ur best to be the best son it neva feels enuff. -jus a thot, regret eats u wen ur alive but wen ur dead who knows, u may end up gettin jannah so regret may b a mere couple of seconds...

i hope that makes sence
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post
    17.When a long article/post has been posted, and you want to comment on the article/post, do not quote it since it is a waste of space.

Wow, nicely written there is so much i would regret that I could/should have done. I already regret what I have missed out on

BTW Muslimah_Sis, I think you should begin to write articles on Islam.

awwww tnx we can't change the past bro, but we can change the present inshaAllah and have less to regret in the future.. and haha i dont have the knowledge to start writing articles but it was sweet and encouraging for you to say so.. that reminds me to finsih the other project lol u r good influence on me mashaAllah!

format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE View Post
    frustration is wen ur most treasured ones (mum, dad) pass away and u think to urself.... why wasnt i better!!!!
    i hope that makes sence
    yes it makes perfect sense. Don't forget we can continue to pray for deceased parents inshaAllah...

The Prophet (peace be upon him) has made it clear that when a person dies, he can no longer do anything about his future life except in one of three ways: “a continuous act of charity, a useful contribution to knowledge, and a dutiful child who prays for him.” This defines the way for children to benefit their deceased parents. They should pray for them as often as they can, requesting God to have mercy on them. Hence, the Prophet’s Sunnah encourages us to conclude every obligatory or voluntary prayer with the supplication: ‘My Lord! Forgive me and my parents. Bestow Your mercy on them as they took care of me when I was young.’ This prayer reads in Arabic: “Rabbi-ghfir li wa liwalidayy. Rabbi-rhamhuma kama rabbayani sagheera.” It is strongly recommended to say this prayer just before we finish any obligatory or voluntary prayer we offer, at the end of the Tashahhud. A deceased man may find his position with God improving, and he asks about the reason. He is told by God that it is through his child’s prayer for him. Needless to say, this applies to both mothers and fathers, through the prayers of both their sons and daughters.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! What will you regret in your last breath? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. What will you regret in your last breath?