star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

“They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca”

Report bad ads?

Already facing mounting international pressure over the treatment of detainees at its detention camps in Guantanamo, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, the Bush administration lawyers, have stated bluntly that the new law that bans cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of detainees in U.S. custody does not apply to people held at the military prison.

10889 - “They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca”

Yesterday, in a federal court and in legal filings, Justice Department lawyers ruled that a detainee at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, shouldn’t use legislation drafted by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) to challenge treatment that the detainee's lawyers described as "systematic torture", arguing that another portion of that same law, the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005, denies all Guantanamo detainees access to U.S. courts.

Then comes another episode in the series of U.S scandals involving the treatment of detainees held as part of the U.S. President, George W. Bush so called war on terror.

According to recently uncovered Pentagon documents, a British national, who was captured in Afghanistan in 2001 and later transferred to Guantanamo prison, described how police had sex in front of him, tried to feed him pork and misled him into praying toward America instead of Mecca, Pentagon documents show.

Feroz Ali Abbasi, who admitted training as a militant in Afghanistan yet denied allegations that he’s a member of Osama Bin Laden’s Al Qaeda network, tried to change his status from "enemy combatant" to prisoner of war in accordance with the Geneva Convention.

The British government negotiated his release in January 2005, and managed to free him a day later, saying the only information against him was “confidential intelligence”. But Abbasi was denied the right to even see that classified evidence during his hearing.

"Mr Abassi, your conduct is unacceptable and this is your absolute final warning. I do not care about International Law. I do not want to hear the words International Law again. We are not concerned about International Law," the colonel insisted before having Abassi removed.

Abassi’s testimony is included in the documents released to The Associated Press.

In the documents, Abbasi described how two military police officers had sex near him on two separate occasions; once, while they believed him to be asleep, he said, and another "while he was praying," The Age reported.

Abbasi also stated that one military police officer "knowingly and willfully misdirected" him to pray toward the north - the direction of the United States - instead of east toward Mecca, Islam's holy city.

Another officer, said Abbasi's statement to the tribunal, tried to feed the detainee "a hot plate of pork" - food forbidden by Islam.

Also yesterday, Fawzi Al Odah, a Kuwaiti national held at Guantanamo Bay described to the BBC in a rare interview how U.S. guards force-fed hunger strikers, which he said amounts to torture.

The strapped hunger strikers to a chair and force-fed them through a tube three times a day, said Al Odah, who has been held at the base since 2002, and was among the 84 Guantanamo detainees who went on hunger strike in December.

The BBC Today programme's Jon Manel submitted questions for Mr Odah to his lawyer, Tom Wilner, who has the permission to visit the camp.

Al Odah told the BBC that he felt like an old man despite being only 29.

"If anything bad happens to the United States anywhere in the world, they immediately react to us and treat us badly, like animals," he said.

"I'm always tired. I have pain in my kidneys. I have trouble breathing. I have pain in my heart and am short of breath. I have trouble urinating and having bowel movements.

"Death in this situation is better than being alive and staying here without hope," Mr Odah added.

The U.S. has said it is holding Mr Odah because he is a dangerous "enemy combatant". He dismissed the general allegations, branding them as "rubbish" and "absolutely untrue", but he refuses to elaborate, saying he’s waiting to discuss the accusations against at a court hearing.

The UN Human Rights Commission has recently stated that force-feeding at Guantanamo as a form of torture, a charge the U.S. strongly rejects.

0228 01 - “They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca”

Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court acknowledged the jurisdiction of federal courts over the detainees – no longer was Guantanamo a lawless land subject only to the President’s will. But Congress dimmed that light: the Graham-Levin-Kyl amendment passed last December so restricts the detainees’ access to federal courts as to be almost meaningless.

There is still time for the Administration to do the right thing at Guantanamo, Human Rights Watch says on its website- “Bush's admin should release detainees it has no legal authority to hold; it should provide courts-martial or criminal trials to detainees believed to have committed crimes; and it should allow the detainees to speak to outsiders who could tell their stories to the world,” the HRW says.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: “They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca”

am sure u posted this b4

well am not sure so anyway ta for da info

take care
    chat Quote

DaSangarTalib's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal View Post
    am sure u posted this b4

well am not sure so anyway ta for da info

take care
    no i didnt this is fresh from Al-Jazeera news website..yes ive posted stuff before related to this subject but not this specific article

u take care well Insha'Allah
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh am so sori i thought u posted da same 1

well... at least i was ryt that u did post sumet related to this subject

take care 2
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What makes this Human Rights organisation think that the Guantanamo administrative staff are really going to give a flying poodle's backside about detainees' human rights? The actions of certain soldiers there show that an ignorant, Rednecked attitude pervades that concentration-camp-style detention centre off the coast of Cuba.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam,

may Allah grant our brothers and sisters that are enduring suffering and pain due to the ignorant, the highest status of Jannah. :'(

wassalam
    chat Quote

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"They Forced Me To Pray Towards USA Not Makkah"

Already facing mounting international pressure over the treatment of detainees at its detention camps in Guantanamo, Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere, the Bush administration lawyers, have stated bluntly that the new law that bans cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment of detainees in U.S. custody does not apply to people held at the military prison.

Yesterday, in a federal court and in legal filings, Justice Department lawyers ruled that a detainee at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, shouldn’t use legislation drafted by Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) to challenge treatment that the detainee's lawyers described as "systematic torture", arguing that another portion of that same law, the Detainee Treatment Act of 2005, denies all Guantanamo detainees access to U.S. courts.

Then comes another episode in the series of U.S scandals involving the treatment of detainees held as part of the U.S. President, George W. Bush so called war on terror.

According to recently uncovered Pentagon documents, a British national, who was captured in Afghanistan in 2001 and later transferred to Guantanamo prison, described how police had sex in front of him, tried to feed him pork and misled him into praying toward America instead of Mecca, Pentagon documents show.

Feroz Ali Abbasi, who admitted training as a militant in Afghanistan yet denied allegations that he’s a member of Osama Bin Laden’s Al Qaeda network, tried to change his status from "enemy combatant" to prisoner of war in accordance with the Geneva Convention.

The British government negotiated his release in January 2005, and managed to free him a day later, saying the only information against him was “confidential intelligence”. But Abbasi was denied the right to even see that classified evidence during his hearing.

"Mr Abassi, your conduct is unacceptable and this is your absolute final warning. I do not care about International Law. I do not want to hear the words International Law again. We are not concerned about International Law," the colonel insisted before having Abassi removed.

Abassi’s testimony is included in the documents released to The Associated Press.

In the documents, Abbasi described how two military police officers had sex near him on two separate occasions; once, while they believed him to be asleep, he said, and another "while he was praying," The Age reported.

Abbasi also stated that one military police officer "knowingly and willfully misdirected" him to pray toward the north - the direction of the United States - instead of east toward Mecca, Islam's holy city.

Another officer, said Abbasi's statement to the tribunal, tried to feed the detainee "a hot plate of pork" - food forbidden by Islam.

Also yesterday, Fawzi Al Odah, a Kuwaiti national held at Guantanamo Bay described to the BBC in a rare interview how U.S. guards force-fed hunger strikers, which he said amounts to torture.

The strapped hunger strikers to a chair and force-fed them through a tube three times a day, said Al Odah, who has been held at the base since 2002, and was among the 84 Guantanamo detainees who went on hunger strike in December.

The BBC Today programme's Jon Manel submitted questions for Mr Odah to his lawyer, Tom Wilner, who has the permission to visit the camp.

Al Odah told the BBC that he felt like an old man despite being only 29.

"If anything bad happens to the United States anywhere in the world, they immediately react to us and treat us badly, like animals," he said.

"I'm always tired. I have pain in my kidneys. I have trouble breathing. I have pain in my heart and am short of breath. I have trouble urinating and having bowel movements.

"Death in this situation is better than being alive and staying here without hope," Mr Odah added.

The U.S. has said it is holding Mr Odah because he is a dangerous "enemy combatant". He dismissed the general allegations, branding them as "rubbish" and "absolutely untrue", but he refuses to elaborate, saying he’s waiting to discuss the accusations against at a court hearing.

The UN Human Rights Commission has recently stated that force-feeding at Guantanamo as a form of torture, a charge the U.S. strongly rejects.

Last year, the U.S. Supreme Court acknowledged the jurisdiction of federal courts over the detainees – no longer was Guantanamo a lawless land subject only to the President’s will. But Congress dimmed that light: the Graham-Levin-Kyl amendment passed last December so restricts the detainees’ access to federal courts as to be almost meaningless.

There is still time for the Administration to do the right thing at Guantanamo, Human Rights Watch says on its website- “Bush's admin should release detainees it has no legal authority to hold; it should provide courts-martial or criminal trials to detainees believed to have committed crimes; and it should allow the detainees to speak to outsiders who could tell their stories to the world,” the HRW says.

source

Rabi'ya:rose:

rose4 1 - “They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca”
    chat Quote

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: "They Forced Me To Pray Towards USA Not Makkah"

Well we cant expect any better from Hitler II and his forces not to mention Hitler II and a half (Blair)

May Allah swt punish them severely ameen
    chat Quote

MetSudaisTwice's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam
    and tricking them into praying towards america and not makkah?? may allah give the non beleivers hidayaat and if rejected, may allah destroy the kuffars
    wasalam
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice View Post
    salam
    and tricking them into praying towards america and not makkah?? may allah give the non beleivers hidayaat and if rejected, may allah destroy the kuffars
    wasalam

Ameen Ameen Ameen. La'natullahi 'Alayhim Ajma'een
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

Maimunah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

subhanaallah.
    i ask allah to guide them and to save the muslims from the evil ones.
    amiin.
    chat Quote

j4763's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by metsudaistwice View Post
    salam
    may allah give the non beleivers hidayaat and if rejected, may allah destroy the kuffars
    wasalam
    For such an allegedly peaceful religion there’s seems to be a lot of violent words coming from muslims!
    chat Quote

Cheb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The reason why they use this method is because this type of torture is not really seen as serious for most Westerners. They do not understand Islam and do not know how serious such actions are. Therefor little will be done to stop this. Evil and smart.
    chat Quote

Maimunah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mizan_aliashraf View Post
    Ameen Ameen Ameen. La'natullahi 'Alayhim Ajma'een
    Wassalam
    instead brother ask allah to guide them
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    mizan_aliashraf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam
    I did, but if there is no guidance for these people then we ask allah for their destruction.
    Wassalam
    chat Quote

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

YA RABB! GUIDE THEM OR DESTROY THEM! YA RABB! FORGIVE THE SINS OF OUR BROTHERS IN GUANTANAMO AND ALL OVER THE WORLD. AMEEN.
    :rose:
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by j4763 View Post
    For such an allegedly peaceful religion there’s seems to be a lot of violent words coming from muslims!

Didnt you read the article? The so called 'liberators' are definetly 'nice' people, 'freedom' supporters, and believers in 'equality'. Yeah right. And if we pray for their destruction we get labelled. But the fact is their destruction inevitable.

02-18. They are deaf, dumb, and blind, so they return not (to the Right Path).
    Ameen to the Dua.

Last edited by Ibn Abi Ahmed; 03-09-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The funny part is the soldiers are really thick it seems lol

they obiviously havent read the Quran where it says, "Righteousness is not wether you face the east or the west, but righteousness is feeding of the orphans, kindness to the wayfarer..."

(cant remember the full verse)

But the meaning of it basically is that "goodness" is not measured by wether you faced the mecca or not - but goodness is measured through your character and kindness that you do to others.

Furthermore, east and west both belong to Allah - so when a person has no clue where to face - his prayer is still accepted wherever he may face.

there is one famous story where one sahabah was forced to bow in the opposite direction of the Qublah.
    He completed his prayer in peace and said, "To Allah belong both East and West; He guideth whom He will to a Way that is straight."

lol

so those soldiers did nothing except demonstrate their weak intellects and horrible hearts
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

:rant: :eek: :mad:
    Oh My God
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exactly brother, exactly.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! “They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca” Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. “They forced me to pray towards the U.S. not Mecca”