× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 238 visibility 22011

If Jesus Was God Then...

sonz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If Jesus Was God Then...

Report bad ads?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

Jesus was GOD, then why did he ask for God’s Forgiveness in Luke 23:34

f Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said I ascend to my God and your God? This tells us that we and Jesus have a common GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said? And Jesus said to him, why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus begged his GOD to have mercy on him and to pass the cup to death (kill Jesus in another words) before Jesus goes through the pain of crucifixion?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 18:38 he didn't reply when he was asked about the truth?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:31 Jesus told his followers that if he (Jesus) bears witness of himself, then his record is not true?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:30 Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:36-38 Jesus said that GOD had assigned him (Jesus) work and GOD is a witness on Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he pray to his GOD in Luke 5:16?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus fell on his face and prayed to his GOD?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in Hebrew 5:7 he prayed and cried for GOD to hear him and give him mercy by saving him from death?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 1:18 he said "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the FATHER'S side, has made HIM known." Where do you see Trinity in this Verse?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 5:37 he said "And the FATHER who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard HIS voice nor seen HIS form," Jesus and the GOD are different. People heard Jesus, but never heard GOD.

can a christian pls clarify this???
    If Jesus Was God Then...

wwwislamicboardcom - If Jesus Was God Then...
    Check out my userpage
    MY PAGE

RATE MY PAGE
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    QURBAN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: If Jesus Was God Then...

In the name of Allah, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful!

By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
    Verily Man is in loss,
    Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds, and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth, and of Patience and Constancy.”

Holy Quran- (Surah Asr 103:1-3) (Translation By Yusuf Ali)

Peace to those who follow the Guidance!

Jesus was a Mighty Messenger of Allah, nothing more nothing less! Throughout the Qur‘aan, Jesus is identified fundamentally as a Messenger of God. In Chapter as-Saff (61:6)God quotes Jesus as follows:

“And [remember] when Jesus, son of Mary, said: ‘O Children of Israel, I am the messenger of Allaah sent to you, confirming the Torah [which came] before me.”

There are many verses in the New Testament supporting the messengership / prophethood of Jesus. The following are only a few:
    In Matthew 21:11, the people of his time are recorded as referring to Jesus as a prophet: “And the crowds said, ‘This is the prophet Jesus of Nazareth of Galilee.’

In Mark, 6:4, it is stated that Jesus referred to himself as a prophet: “And Jesus said to them, , ‘A prophet is not without honour, except in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.’ ”

In the following verses, Jesus is referred to as having been sent as a messenger is sent.

Take into consideration what Jesus (PBUH) himself says about people sent by god-

John13:16- Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

In Matthew 10:40, Jesus was purported to have said: “He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.”

In John 17:3, Jesus is also quoted as saying: “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

John 4:34 Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me and to finish his work.

John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

John 7:16-Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

John 7:28-Then cried Jesus in the temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am: and I am not come of myself, but but he that sent me is true, whom ye know not.

John 11:42 - And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said [it], that they may believe that thou hast sent me.

John 14:24 - He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Kind Regards

Qurban
    chat Quote

PrIM3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by sonz View Post
    If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

Jesus was GOD, then why did he ask for God’s Forgiveness in Luke 23:34

f Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said I ascend to my God and your God? This tells us that we and Jesus have a common GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said? And Jesus said to him, why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus begged his GOD to have mercy on him and to pass the cup to death (kill Jesus in another words) before Jesus goes through the pain of crucifixion?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 18:38 he didn't reply when he was asked about the truth?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:31 Jesus told his followers that if he (Jesus) bears witness of himself, then his record is not true?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:30 Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:36-38 Jesus said that GOD had assigned him (Jesus) work and GOD is a witness on Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he pray to his GOD in Luke 5:16?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus fell on his face and prayed to his GOD?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in Hebrew 5:7 he prayed and cried for GOD to hear him and give him mercy by saving him from death?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 1:18 he said "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the FATHER'S side, has made HIM known." Where do you see Trinity in this Verse?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 5:37 he said "And the FATHER who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard HIS voice nor seen HIS form," Jesus and the GOD are different. People heard Jesus, but never heard GOD.

can a christian pls clarify this???
    its quite funny how the Trinity works.. its funny how God works how the humor between Jesus and His Father.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PrIM3 View Post
    its quite funny how the Trinity works.. its funny how God works how the humor between Jesus and His Father.
    does that mean you dont believe in the trinity?:
    If Jesus Was God Then...

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    PrIM3's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Pr4sE View Post
    does that mean you dont believe in the trinity?:
    o no I believe in the trinity.. I am just stating that God has humor Jesus said some things that his desciples were like what?. sometimes he would answer people in such hard ways..
    Jesus was probally not a big religious fanatic.. but He did teach. tought what He did. and what He knew.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was raised Christian, active in the church as a youth, and attended Christian school. However, since christians are unable to adequately describe the trinity, it was largely ignored by my fellow protestants. I never remember a time in my life when I felt or was even told that Jesus was God. All prayer was directed toward God, not Jesus.

When I entered college I had to take religious courses, and I began to explore Christianity in detail. I must admit that this was the first time I really considered the trinity. It intrigued me, and bothered me that no one could adequately describe the trinity. Most responses were "have faith". "Have faith in what", I would ask. Did they mean to have faith in what church officials told their congregations? This just wasn't acceptable to me.

After many years of researching the trinity, I've come to the personal acceptance that it doesn't exist. In fact, I think that many practicing Christians innately believe that Jesus was not God. Just my 2 cents....
    chat Quote

Cheb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

That is quite interesting. I have always read that ALL Christians believe in the Holly Trinity. if you dont then does that mean you are rejecting Christianity?
    This is not an attack, I am really looking for an answer.
    Thanks.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really don't think that most protestants know much about the trinity. Catholics tend to be much more exposed to the trinity concept. Of course the protestant denominations originally formed because they felt that people should have a direct relationship with God, and they did not need to involve church officials in their relationship with God. So, I don't think that rejecting the trinity is rejecting christianity. Protestants are free to have their own religious beliefs, and interpret the bible in any manner they find acceptable.

My own protestant background taught that Jesus was the "son of god". I never remember Jesus referred to as "God". However, I must point out that by saying Jesus was the "son of god", it was meant that he was Gods son, just as I am Gods daughter, and you are Gods son. All sermons concerning Jesus emphasized the fact that he was human, just as we are (of course he was directed by God, favored, etc...).

Does this help?
    chat Quote

j4763's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was brought up Christian (born into Christianity). I had to go to Sunday school for 8 years and was taught a lot by my grandmother about Christianity. But not once have I ever herd that Jesus was God! Its always been that Jesus was the son of god!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Shahrzad's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by j4763 View Post
    I was brought up Christian (born into Christianity). I had to go to Sunday school for 8 years and was taught a lot by my grandmother about Christianity. But not once have I ever herd that Jesus was God! Its always been that Jesus was the son of god!
    I think it depends what sect you belong to..like how the trinity is emphasized in one sect but in some others its almost unheard of.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it depends what sect you belong to..like how the trinity is emphasized in one sect but in some others its almost unheard of.
    It does depend on the Christian sect. However, I want to emphasize that Jesus being "God" is mostly a catholic belief. There are more than 2x the amount of protestants than catholics in the USA. Perhaps the majority of Christians in the USA aren't too far removed from the teaching of Islam. Gives us something to think about....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PrIM3 View Post

The Trinity includes the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. The bible teaches the Christians that God is three unique persons; God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit. The Father is not the same person as the Son; the Son is not the same person as the Holy Spirit; and the Holy Spirit is not the same person as Father. They are not three gods and not three beings. They are three distinct persons; yet, they are all part of the one God. God existing in Himself, so He declared Himself as the Father. God speaking His word, so He declared Himself as the Son. God alive in His spirit, so He declared Himself as the Holy Spirit.

trinity - If Jesus Was God Then...

I only know this because I did this in My RE Coursework...The above diagram should explain it..

PEACE

Tkcr

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The diagram and description above are acurate representations of the trinity. However, this is not mentioned in the bible. It was constructed by church doctrine.
    chat Quote

sevenxtrust's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by renak View Post
    The diagram and description above are acurate representations of the trinity. However, this is not mentioned in the bible. It was constructed by church doctrine.
    The Trinity is in fact mentioned in the Bible, not just the NT but also the OT. I have done much study of this important topic myself and have concluded that there is a Trinity. I am only saying this to show that people will always disagree on this topic, not just Islamics but also Christians. So may we see in Heaven the TRUTH.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sevenxtrust, would you mind showing where the trinity was discussed in the old and new testaments?
    chat Quote

abdul Majid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    "He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah." [Qur’aan 4:80]
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can you show us proof of your claim seven
    If Jesus Was God Then...

"1. Qull huwa Allahu ahad Allahu alssamad Lam yalid walam yoolad Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad"
    Say: He is Allah the One and Only Allah, the Eternal Absolute He begetteth not nor is He begotten And there is none like unto Him.
    (112)

chat Quote

Cheb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But how can you guys disagree with something so important?
    Do you not see the flaws here?
    chat Quote

sevenxtrust's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Re: If Jesus Was God Then...

format_quote Originally Posted by abdul Majid View Post
    can you show us proof of your claim seven
    Yes, I will in fact give proof, but at the time I have some work to do. But I will be back as soon as I have a free moment. Sorry for the delay..Truly I am..
    chat Quote

abdul Majid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    "He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah." [Qur’aan 4:80]
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

no prob seven
    If Jesus Was God Then...

"1. Qull huwa Allahu ahad Allahu alssamad Lam yalid walam yoolad Walam yakun lahu kufuwan ahad"
    Say: He is Allah the One and Only Allah, the Eternal Absolute He begetteth not nor is He begotten And there is none like unto Him.
    (112)

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

"But how can you guys disagree with something so important?
    Do you not see the flaws here?"

Yes, I see the flaws...I think the disagreement is due to the changes within the bible, and the fact that the bible was compiled by mankind.
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... Last
Hey there! If Jesus Was God Then... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. If Jesus Was God Then...