× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 9 of 9 visibility 2144

MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

Report bad ads?

MSN 18 Contacts Hoax
    Summary:
    Message warns that users will have to pay for MSN and email accounts unless they send the warning to at least 18 contacts.

False

Example: (Submitted, February 2006)
    Hello! PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Hey it is Andy and john the directors of MSN, sorry for the interruption but msn is closing down. this is because too many inconsiderate people are taking up all the name (eg making up lots of different accounts for just one person), we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. If you would like to keep your account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. This is no joke, we will be shutting down the servers. Send it on,

thanks. The use of msn and hotmail will cost money from summer 2006. If you send this message to 18 different people from your list your little icon will become blue and that will make it free for you. If you dont believe me go on (www.msn.com) and see it yourself. Dont foward this message copy paste it so people will actually read it.
    Example: (Submitted, September 2005)
    Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:41:43 +0000
    On the 1st of november , we will have to pay for the use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message to at least 18 contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't believe me then go to the site ( www.msn.com ) and see for yourself.

Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts , your msn dude will become blue. please copy and paste don't forward cos people won't take notice of it otherwise plse do it
    Commentary:
    This hoax message is just one more in a long line of similar hoaxes that warn that MSN is about to start charging for its free services. From time to time, pranksters come up with an updated and equally untrue version of the message that includes a new deadline set a month or so in the future. Another version was circulating in August and early September 2005. Earlier versions have specifically targeted Hotmail users.

If MSN was considering implementing a charge for its standard MSN Messenger and email services, it would certainly not base its decision on how many times a silly message was sent to others. Such claims are simply ridiculous.

The "warning" advises recipients to "go to the site (www.msn.com ) and see for yourself". However, there is nothing on the MSN site that confirms the story in any way.

Like its many predecessors, the message is pure nonsense and should be deleted rather than forwarded

Write-up by Brett M.Christensen
    Source

MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    jzcasejz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

I would have never fell for these silly emails

Why on earth would MSN use such an unprofessional way of conducting things These emails are just plain silly :rant:
    chat Quote

Rabi'ya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Revert4Life
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i agree - i get annoyed when people forward them to me *grr*

Rabi'ya:rose:
    MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

rose4 1 - MSN 18 Contacts Hoax
    chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol omg it's so obvious they're fake.. for one formal emails don't say 'this is no joke' and they certainly don't start emails with "hey, it's Andy and John" loolll how silly!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i dun it once already... but den after dat...i had to gt anover email addy anyway ffended:

MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tagrid View Post
    i dun it once already... but den after dat...i had to gt anover email addy anyway ffended:

o poor lil sis dun matter

take care
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will tell you one reason why msn will NEVER ask for payments to use e-mail facility.

As soon as it happens, a large majority of hotmail/msn users will go sign up with yahoo or g-mail. Here is some business logic: why on earth would any company want to get rid of their customers by making them pay for a facility that is offered free? Surely, if anything, they'd want to increase customer loyalty/satisfaction and so not charge or give extra's etc.

MSN will never charge for its e-mail facilities - only for additional space, as there is too much to lose.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 03-12-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

I will tell you one reason why msn will NEVER ask for payments to use e-mail facility.

As soon as it happens, a large majority of hotmail/msn users will go sign up with yahoo or g-mail. Here is some business logic: why on earth would any company want to get rid of their customers by making them pay for a facility that is offered free? Surely, if anything, they'd want to increase customer loyalty/satisfaction and so not charge or give extra's etc.

MSN will never charge for it's e-mail facilities - only for additional space, as there is too much to lose.

oooo u got a point....now i gotta forwrd DAT to evry1 in ma contacts list...

MSN 18 Contacts Hoax

chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

MSN will never charge for it's e-mail facilities - only for additional space, as there is too much to lose.

co0o0l

take care
    chat Quote

12. Hide
Hey there! MSN 18 Contacts Hoax Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. MSN 18 Contacts Hoax