× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 36 visibility 4242

My coleague's Interesting Athiest Convo

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Today i was with my coleague at work. All of a sudden religion came up as a topic to discuss. He mentioned that his been raised as a roman catholic.

Well he sneezed and i asked him, do you kno why people say bless you? And he said, for the soul to not escape.... to which i replied, well muslims believe its to thank Allah for the filth which has come out and out of our system! To which he replied that makes so much sence. I then expressed certain views of islam to which he replied "that makes so much sence". I felt like i was getting thru to him till the whole subject of creation came up.

Ok i said the chances of the big-bang are next to nothing, his argument was the universe is Infinite and infinite possibilites. Ok i decided to accept it.

Then he said he finds it too hard to believe that we all came from Adam and Eve. And he finds it hard to accept that we all came from incest......

Well due to him thinking it just doesnt make sence he decided to believe in the illogical unproven evolution. Is there anyway to prove that we came from Adam and Eve? (adam Allahi wa sallam and hawwa May Allah be pleased wiv them)

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Sister_6038's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: My coleague's Interesting Athiest Convo

May Allah reward you bro for passing on your knowledge of the deen to a non believer....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

but i couldnt get him to say the shahada

InshaAllah he will do soon enuff

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid View Post
    but i couldnt get him to say the shahada

InshaAllah he will do soon enuff
    yeh well bro in due time...have patience and inshaAllah Allah will guide him towards the right path...keep at it though
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Hatshepsut View Post
    yeh well bro in due time...have patience and inshaAllah Allah will guide him towards the right path...keep at it though
    inshaAllah

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its really good though doing dawah i mean the sister who leads the study circle i go to was saying that how you will be questioned in the hereafter for not passing on the word of islam to all those non believers you came across....i mean a lot of people say its hard but i find that with my friends who are non muslims...religion comes up into a lot of the discussions we have....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

its really good though doing dawah i mean the sister who leads the study circle i go to was saying that how you will be questioned in the hereafter for not passing on the word of islam to all those non believers you came across....i mean a lot of people say its hard but i find that with my friends who are non muslims...religion comes up into a lot of the discussions we have....
    same here, almost every person i meet somehow religion comes up and then i turn into a preaching machine

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

same here, almost every person i meet somehow religion comes up and then i turn into a preaching machine
    as long as you practise what you preach i dont see a problem in it.....gosh some people get so fussy over people who talk about the deen saying oh why are you preaching blah blah and its like people calm down all i was saying is why dont we all do this (whatever it is that we're talking about) for the sake of Allah....so people really make me grit my teeth..especially those who think islam is something that only occurs for one month of the year...and its like sometimes i have my non muslim friends asking me questions about the behaviour of other muslim students which is contridictory of our deen....and they get confused....hmmmpft....ok im blabbering....
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

woow bro thats cool may god bless you (amin)

and don't say you eat his food too

take care
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Silver Pearl's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Ahlaam ma'aya!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I thought the below would help you, it is not by me but by a brother called Jibrael from another Islamic forum.

When talking about the Theory of Evolution, there was a scientist by the name of Schlomi Lesser who was having a debate with a group of Rabbis in Tel Aviv. He asked the Rabbis how tall Adam and Eve were. They replied that according to their scriptures, they were six feet tall. He said that this was impossible. He was an evolutionist, but he said that the only possible way that the human race could have been started by two people, was if they were... 90 feet tall! There is a hadeeth narrated by Abu Haraira that the Prophet Muhammad said that Adam was 60 cubits (or 90 feet) tall. Soooo..., if the only possible way that creationism is possible to scientists was recorded in Islamic scripture, what does that tell us?

The reason why Adam and Hawwa had to be so huge was so their offspring wouldn't inbreed. You see, today, if a brother and sister marry, they have similar chromosomes. I'll use the example of marbles. Let's say their genetic marbles are green, orange, and red. You can't have the same colored marbles, or your kids will inbreed. However, Adam and Hawwa have like hundreds of different marbles because they are so huge. So their offspring will all have different colored marbles.
    May Allah (swt) guide all his slaves to the straight path.

وَاصْبِرْ وَمَا صَبْرُكَ إِلاَّ بِاللّهِ

ما بعرف انا شو حسيت
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

as long as you practise what you preach i dont see a problem in it.....gosh some people get so fussy over people who talk about the deen saying oh why are you preaching blah blah and its like people calm down all i was saying is why dont we all do this (whatever it is that we're talking about) for the sake of Allah....so people really make me grit my teeth..especially those who think islam is something that only occurs for one month of the year...and its like sometimes i have my non muslim friends asking me questions about the behaviour of other muslim students which is contridictory of our deen....and they get confused....hmmmpft....ok im blabbering....
    naa i see where ur comin from! Bak in secondary me n ma best friend use to be the only practisin muslims. And weneva we use to tell our brothers why are you doing this? its wrong, they use to call us "dry" and "boring".... got into a fight coz of it once (i was neva that good at dawa )

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal View Post
    woow bro thats cool may god bless you (amin)

and don't say you eat his food too

take care
    lol i bet u got me pictures as sum humungous fat bro lol ,

and sis pearl, i dont think that will be enough to convince this guy... becoz its really stuff he already knows. Its the fact that adam and eve supposedly did incest

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

naa i see where ur comin from! Bak in secondary me n ma best friend use to be the only practisin muslims. And weneva we use to tell our brothers why are you doing this? its wrong, they use to call us "dry" and "boring".... got into a fight coz of it once (i was neva that good at dawa )

people have lost their fear...tut tut such a shame they just wanna conform to the trends of society today...well hmmpft to them
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

people have lost their fear...tut tut such a shame they just wanna conform to the trends of society today...well hmmpft to them
    hmmpfth indeed, tripple hmmpft!!!

So is there noway to make an aetheist understand the logic behind Adam and Eve?

-
    -
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    HeiGou's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl View Post
    I thought the below would help you, it is not by me but by a brother called Jibrael from another Islamic forum.

When talking about the Theory of Evolution, there was a scientist by the name of Schlomi Lesser who was having a debate with a group of Rabbis in Tel Aviv. He asked the Rabbis how tall Adam and Eve were. They replied that according to their scriptures, they were six feet tall. He said that this was impossible. He was an evolutionist, but he said that the only possible way that the human race could have been started by two people, was if they were... 90 feet tall! There is a hadeeth narrated by Abu Haraira that the Prophet Muhammad said that Adam was 60 cubits (or 90 feet) tall. Soooo..., if the only possible way that creationism is possible to scientists was recorded in Islamic scripture, what does that tell us?

The reason why Adam and Hawwa had to be so huge was so their offspring wouldn't inbreed. You see, today, if a brother and sister marry, they have similar chromosomes. I'll use the example of marbles. Let's say their genetic marbles are green, orange, and red. You can't have the same colored marbles, or your kids will inbreed. However, Adam and Hawwa have like hundreds of different marbles because they are so huge. So their offspring will all have different colored marbles.
    May Allah (swt) guide all his slaves to the straight path.
    You sure he wasn't an atheist in disguise trying to mock Muslims? I mean, where to start with this post!

Exactly why do people have to be 90 foot high again?

How does being tall stop your children interbreeding?

Since when does the number of chromosomes relate to size of body?

If your kids interbreed they have the same genes, not the other way around.

Humans only have a fix certain number of chromosomes. No more, no less. If they have more they cannot interbreed. Where on Earth is that going?

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connait pas. - Blaise Pascal
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hmmpfth indeed, tripple hmmpft!!!

So is there noway to make an aetheist understand the logic behind Adam and Eve?
    bro i cant say for definite as im not sure...but surely theres talk of it in the quran....ask a sheikh....
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou View Post
    You sure he wasn't an atheist in disguise trying to mock Muslims? I mean, where to start with this post!

Exactly why do people have to be 90 foot high again?

How does being tall stop your children interbreeding?

Since when does the number of chromosomes relate to size of body?

If your kids interbreed they have the same genes, not the other way around.

Humans only have a fix certain number of chromosomes. No more, no less. If they have more they cannot interbreed. Where on Earth is that going?
    ye heigou, ur an atheist right? Do you believe in evolution? whats ur view of how the world came to be?

-
    -
    chat Quote

HeiGou's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ye heigou, ur an atheist right? Do you believe in evolution? whats ur view of how the world came to be?
    I don't know if atheist is quite right. Let's say I am hovering in the wastelands of doubt. I do believe in evolution in the sense I think it is a highly credible scientific theory. The world came about a long time ago when a lot of debris floating around the Sun coalesced into a hot ball of magma that gradually cooled to form the Earth.

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connait pas. - Blaise Pascal
    chat Quote

Silver Pearl's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Ahlaam ma'aya!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother Abd’Majid,

Adam and Hawwa (pbut) had two pairs of children (a girl and a boy) every time they gave birth (I’m sure your friend is well versed on this). Now going from the previous post and what I quoted, each twin had a different set of chromosomes that were not similar to each other. In which case, it would not be incest if one set of the twin married from the other twin. Now surely that is not hard to comprehend if you’re willing to take God as being omnipotent, omniscient etc.

If your friend continues to disagree ask him, do you believe in the basic tenet of Evolution, that we all came from a single cell? If he says yes, then say if you are so willing to accept that random mutation and natural selection can produce mechanisms that are so complex such as us, imagine what God could do. You place your faith on a theory, yet completely dismiss the existence of God which answers our questions. It is one thing to say I do not want to be bound down by laws, God’s law because it restricts one from doing what they please whether it is good or bad for them. However, it is another thing to deny the existence of a higher being and accept natural selection and random mutation that has more unanswered questions than it has answered questions and insist you have enough prove to prove God does not exist.

If you die as a believer, then you’ve nothing to lose but if you die as an atheist then you lose out. At the end of the day, both evolution and creationism rely on faith, evolution is nothing without faith. Will you deny your creator faith while you’re so keen on giving a human, just like yourself the credit (Darwin and numerous others who have worked on evolution)?

May Allah (swt) reward you for your good actions brother and May Allah (swt) bestow his rahma on us....ameen.

وَاصْبِرْ وَمَا صَبْرُكَ إِلاَّ بِاللّهِ

ما بعرف انا شو حسيت
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou View Post
    I don't know if atheist is quite right. Let's say I am hovering in the wastelands of doubt. I do believe in evolution in the sense I think it is a highly credible scientific theory. The world came about a long time ago when a lot of debris floating around the Sun coalesced into a hot ball of magma that gradually cooled to form the Earth.
    agreed, but evulution credible? Your talking about the bones? Nothing proves we formed from those fossils. No credit in my opinion but what is your MAIN reason for "NOT" believing in Adam and Eve?

-
    -
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! My coleague's Interesting Athiest Convo Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. My coleague's Interesting Athiest Convo