star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Muslims Gullible?

Report bad ads?

Please excuse me for saying this. I am sure it must be a minority, but I have noticed some people on this forum to be extremely gullible. I just viewed a thread entitled "'lizard Girl' In Hospital", and honestly it was laughable.

Quite a few people seemed to believe it were possible that a girl kicked a quran and turned into a lizard. Then there were a few variations on this including dogs, monkies, pigs, fish, etc. I mean come on people. Why even entertain this for even a microsecond? It is absurd. I have only ever seen this kind of gullibility in very young children.

I can assure you, you can [REMOVED OFFENSIVE COMMENT]. The only thing you had better turn into is a very fast runner, from the mob of angry muslims that would like to express their displeasure with your athletic demonstration.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    hamzaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Muslims Gullible?

format_quote Originally Posted by Malsidabym View Post
    Please excuse me for saying this. I am sure it must be a minority, but I have noticed some people on this forum to be extremely gullible. I just viewed a thread entitled "'lizard Girl' In Hospital", and honestly it was laughable.

Quite a few people seemed to believe it were possible that a girl kicked a quran and turned into a lizard. Then there were a few variations on this including dogs, monkies, pigs, fish, etc. I mean come on people. Why even entertain this for even a microsecond? It is absurd. I have only ever seen this kind of gullibility in very young children.

I can assure you, you can [REMOVED OFFENSIVE COMMENT]. The only thing you had better turn into is a very fast runner, from the mob of angry muslims that would like to express their displeasure with your athletic demonstration.
    Peace,

Assure us, can you....?ffended:
    Muslims Gullible?

"Muslims cannot be defeated by others. We Muslims are not defeated by our enemies, but instead, we are defeated by our own selves."
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa View Post
    Peace,

Assure us, can you....?ffended:
    I could, but I won't. I really am not a very fast runner.
    chat Quote

Safa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Personally, I didn't believe the lizard story. I suppose it was used a scare tactic for children. But that doesn't mean that I would disrespect the Qur'an like that. To you it might not be such a big deal, but it's important for us to make good use of the Qur'an.

Peace.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    hamzaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I could, but I won't. I really am not a very fast runner.
    Peace, so whats with this assurance rubbish? S------ all you want and how you would like to mistreat the last revelation sent to humanity. God willingly, you will be guided on the path of righteousness.
    Muslims Gullible?

"Muslims cannot be defeated by others. We Muslims are not defeated by our enemies, but instead, we are defeated by our own selves."
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by hamzaa View Post
    God willingly, you will be guided on the path of righteousness.
    ameen.

i personally dont think it is fair to say that muslims are gullible.. a bit of a generalisation isnt it? although yeh i too was amazed at the number of people how believed that insae story.. but i guess you should recognise that, althought the story is absurd.. its not impossible in the mind of a muslim since we believe in God and him being all powerful... i dont know if you believe in God, if you dont, or if you do believe but dont have the mentality of God being all powerful.. well naturally such a story would appear absurd to you.

so.. i just wanted to say gullible is a harsh word.. maybe ignorant of the lies that the internet so easily spreads is a better description (keeping in mind of course that most users of this thread are pretty young and so arent really as 'wise' or sceptical as older people may be)
    Muslims Gullible?

wwwislamicboardcom - Muslims Gullible?
    chat Quote

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum

haha.
    are you trying to be funny homer? dare you even touch the Glorious Qur'an with your filthy hands ill kick you in the face.
    cool down jannah , come on ekhi, be nice(r)...
    Allah is the best of all Judges alhemdulilah

You're excused.

I agree with you, especially since you didn't generalize everyone, and those few who are gullible seriously need to stay away from those topics, especially when they haven't researched it or seen it. People these days need to have a bit more sense to know that its a lot better to spread words of knowledge and wisdom of what they do know rather what has "possibly" happened. A smaller portion of that "some" are ignorant, subhanallah

May Allah grant us 'ilm and sabr ameen.

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam
    Last edited by *charisma*; 04-15-2006 at 04:58 AM.
    Muslims Gullible?

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[QUOTE=Malsidabym;258531]Please excuse me for saying this. I am sure it must be a minority, but I have noticed some people on this forum to be extremely gullible. I just viewed a thread entitled "'lizard Girl' In Hospital", and honestly it was laughable.
    QUOTE]

I think that a lot of people on this forum are quite young and lead sheltered lives (which isn't necessarily bad). Via education they will become less guillible ( I know I have ). However, education for both men and women is extremely important (as the previously mentioned thread demonstrates). Education and self-growth is a beautiful thing!!!!!

Such believable natures exist amongst people of all religious backgrounds.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[Edit]

Cheese,
    i personally dont think it is fair to say that muslims are gullible.. a bit of a generalisation isnt it?
    I am a little surprised sister, you usually read the posts a little closer and have some understanding. I did not say that muslims are gullible. I clearly said "I am sure it must be a minority". I am sorry to offend you Cheese, but it is a misunderstanding, please read my post again.

Safa,
    Personally, I didn't believe the lizard story. I suppose it was used a scare tactic for children. But that doesn't mean that I would disrespect the Qur'an like that. To you it might not be such a big deal, but it's important for us to make good use of the Qur'an.
    And I would not disrespect the Quran like that either. The point was simply that noone is going to turn into anything if they kick the book. The "kick it a football field length" thing and "turn into a very fast runner" thing was some fun, no harm intended. I never said I wanted to do this. Hamzaa, same goes for you. Chill.

Charisma and Renak, thank you for being rational enough to actually read the post, and see that there was no harm intended. With people like you, and usually Cheese, I can have a civilized conversation.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, I agree with you. And I know, you didn't mean to do any harm when you gave that example of the kicking the Quran, astagfirullah, but you were right.
    The same goes for the Bible, Torah or the other Holy Books or anything else that people see as holy or religious. Just becuase you kick it or do something else to it, you won't yurn into a pig, for example. Not physically at least. LOL. Of course, doing so just shows how disrespectful you are towards the religion of others and it also shows your character.

But back to the topic... Yes, I do think the people who believe those kind of stories you've stated are a bit off the track. Or completely.
    Which is sad to say, because I would've thought people should have some sense of reality in this time of the world.

Peace
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

[Edit]
    Cheese,
    I am a little surprised sister, you usually read the posts a little closer and have some understanding. I did not say that muslims are gullible. I clearly said "I am sure it must be a minority". I am sorry to offend you Cheese, but it is a misunderstanding, please read my post again.
    woops sorry mate... i must have missed something! maybe its the new glasses ... but yeh i wasnt offended at all!! i think its just that i didnt like the thread title, which you must admit is kinda

take care!
    Muslims Gullible?

wwwislamicboardcom - Muslims Gullible?
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Damn right!

I know exactly what you mean. I thought all Muslims were smarter than this.

Is it wrong for me to find the humour in that statement?

As for these silly lizard girl/fish girl/super girl stories... Why the heck do we need these stupid didactic fairy tales to tell us not to disrespect the Quran? Surely, we should treat it as the sacred text that it is because we are raised to respect it.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think its only the people that really dont do there research that could believe such things. Personally i require proof for everything and i've become one serious muslim. That says a lot about islam eh
    Muslims Gullible?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam

Hey Homer, Well muslims could say the same thing about your disbelief
    Muslims Gullible?

The Ummah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

super girl stories
    LOL!!

Why the heck do we need these stupid didactic fairy tales to tell us not to disrespect the Quran? Surely, we should treat it as the sacred text that it is because we are raised to respect it.
    True enough...

I believe that this is just some made up stuff.......Misunderstandings of the people, which probably started off by the help of EXAGGERATION.

chat Quote

Mainul_Islam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

and your point is...??

stories such as those may be true or false, there's no evidence. but Islam does not rely on those kinds of stories to prove to be the right religion.
    Muslims Gullible?

LÂ ILÂHA ILLA ALLÂH! THERE IS NO GOD BUT GOD!
    chat Quote

extinction's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well homer ok I liked how you said people are gullible cause its true BUT i disagree with how you said kicking the quraan and all that theres no need for that i know you are trying to make a point but still its a bit offensive
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post
    Salaam

Hey Homer, Well muslims could say the same thing about your disbelief
    Say what thing?

Mainul_Islam,
    and your point is...??

stories such as those may be true or false, there's no evidence. but Islam does not rely on those kinds of stories to prove to be the right religion.
    You really believe it may be true someone turned a lizard?

hafizmo,
    well homer ok I liked how you said people are gullible cause its true BUT i disagree with how you said kicking the quraan and all that theres no need for that i know you are trying to make a point but still its a bit offensive
    If you expect to be offended, it is likely you will be. It is all in your own attitude. Most misunderstandings occur because the person who misunderstands expects the person speaking to say what they are thinking.
    We have two good examples of that.
    First, we have cool_jannah who mistakenly expects that I am saying something against the Quran, and threatens to kick me in the face. Which of course is silly, because this is the internet. If we were in person I would need to slap the taste out of his mouth, but it is only the internet, and matters not.
    Second, we have Muezzin, who does not carry this burden of paranoia and is very reasonable. He does not expect the worse, and therefore is not insulted, as it should be. Muezzin, as a result has less arguements and gets along better with others, and in general is more pleasant to deal with than many.
    Last edited by Malsidabym; 04-16-2006 at 04:47 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Safa View Post
    Greetings,

Peace.
    You are right by the way, to me it is not a big deal. But out of respect I would still not do this.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    extinction's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hafizmo,
    If you expect to be offended, it is likely you will be. It is all in your own attitude. Most misunderstandings occur because the person who misunderstands expects the person speaking to say what they are thinking.
    We have two good examples of that.
    First, we have cool_jannah who mistakenly expects that I am saying something against the Quran, and threatens to kick me in the face. Which of course is silly, because this is the internet. If we were in person I would need to slap the taste out of his mouth, but it is only the internet, and matters not.
    Second, we have Muezzin, who does not carry this burden of paranoia and is very reasonable. He does not expect the worse, and therefore is not insulted, as it should be. Muezzin, as a result has less arguements and gets along better with others, and in general is more pleasant to deal with than many.
    which category do I fall in?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Muslims Gullible? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Muslims Gullible?