× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 67 visibility 9767

are u afraid of death?

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question are u afraid of death?

Report bad ads?

am sure this quest...hits everybody once in a while.......jus wana knw hw many of u are afraid of death........ and y......

let start wid moi......i am happy and waiting to return to my lord...the one who created me.....and soon we all shall return to him....... as i say or my sig represents every soul shall taste death.....

the only worry is...wot am i taking in return......my wealth...beauty....wot???? wot have i dne for allah(swt) and for his ummah.........dat certainly hits me everytime...........

so wot u all think?????? plz share ur thoughts and expand this further isnhalah...as we all are learners.....

Last edited by Helena; 04-22-2006 at 11:02 PM.
    are u afraid of death?

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Abdullah4ever's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: are u afraid of death?

I am scared of death. Every time i remember death i say astagfurillah 1000 times so that i try to keep as far as away from hell ... i am scared of death because I fear allah of my past sins and i might get punished
    chat Quote

Z's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam.

Sometimes I dream about how I'd like to die in certain situations. But then after a while I get tired of working up scenes so pleasant... and it occurs to me that no matter what the time or place, death will never be easy.

Just the thought of the Angel of Death and how it will look is terrifying enough!
    are u afraid of death?

Got a question, or got something in general to say or ask me, drop me a line. Peace out!

- Z.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdullah4ever View Post

I am scared of death. Every time i remember death i say astagfurillah 1000 times so that i try to keep as far as away from hell ... i am scared of death because I fear allah of my past sins and i might get punished
    Good point....

I would be scared of death.....But I fear the punnishment of the grave etc.

Like RasoolAllah(SAW) once said, there were 2 brothers that became Muslims. One died as a shaheed and the other died a few months later.

RasoolAllah(SAW) said the brother that died later will enter Jannah first before the shaheed, the reason for this is because the brother had more time to do more deeds (e.g. Hajj siyaam etc.)
    Last edited by afriend; 04-22-2006 at 11:17 PM.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

jazaks for that bro iqram.......makes u realise...wot we lack in...and forget......as we have become more matrialistic....

are u afraid of death?

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

FatimaAsSideqah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Little Aminah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As-salaam alaykum

I aint fear od death because I am only fear of Allah Almighty..and His Warning too! I will try to smile when I am dead...:sister:
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sahih Bukhari

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 423:
    Narrated Abu Huraira:

The angel of death was sent to Moses and when he went to him, Moses slapped him severely, spoiling one of his eyes. The angel went back to his Lord, and said, "You sent me to a slave who does not want to die." Allah restored his eye and said, "Go back and tell him (i.e. Moses) to place his hand over the back of an ox, for he will be allowed to live for a number of years equal to the number of hairs coming under his hand." (So the angel came to him and told him the same). Then Moses asked, "O my Lord! What will be then?" He said, "Death will be then." He said, "(Let it be) now." He asked Allah that He bring him near the Sacred Land at a distance of a stone's throw. Allah's Apostle (p.b.u.h) said, "Were I there I would show you the grave of Moses by the way near the red sand hill."

well while we certainly cant slap death in the face, we can at least do all we can to try make sure that he is gentle wiv us. I heard that the prophet saws said the one who is good thruout his life will hav a gentle death as though the soul drips out the body like the water of a watersking and the man who is evil thruout his life will have a death of that as tho a man is being dragged out his body painfully as the cotton is slowly dragged thru thorns... (i believe i gave my hadith quote in another post, inshaAllah i'll post it later)

are u afraid of death?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mashallah bro mazed...well explained....

are u afraid of death?

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think I'm scared of the punishments after death, rather than death itself. There are times when I actually want to die. Especially during salah when I'm so absorbed in my awareness of Allah, I just want my whole being to disintergrate on the prayer mat in that state. Hope I die doing something that pleases Allah, InshaAllah. Oh, I hope we all die like that. Ameen.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    shaharoun's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Death,death,death..........Actually no one can escape rom it,No matter where
    you are,who are you,one day Angle of death must visit you for the purpose of
    separating your soul from your body.No one can be completely firm on that incidence.We all have to seek refuge from Allah.The bad death indicate bad life in the grave then abode in the hell fire.
    we have to prepare for it,keep on remembering it is the way of thinking about preparation.
    See the Hadith below:
    Narrated 'Aisha: (the wife of the Prophet) Allah's Apostle used to invoke Allah in the prayer saying "Allahumma inni a'udhu bika min adhabil-qabri, wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-masihid-dajjal, wa a'udhu bika min fitnatil-mahya wa fitnatil-mamati. Allahumma inni a'udhu bika minal-ma thami wal-maghrami. (O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the punishment of the grave and from the afflictions of Masi,h Ad-Dajjal and from the afflictions of life and Death. O Allah, I seek refuge with You from the sins and from being in debt)." Somebody said to him, "Why do you so frequently seek refuge with Allah from being in debt?" The Prophet replied, "A person in debt tells lies whenever he speaks, and breaks promises whenever he makes (them)." 'Aisha also narrated: I heard Allah's Apostle in his prayer seeking refuge with Allah from the afflictions of Ad-dajjal. (Sahih Bukhari Book #12, Hadith #795)
    chat Quote

*noor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am afraid of death, but i have to say that i am more afraid of what might happen to me after death, like punishment of the grave and hell.....a'oozobillah!!!

May Allah forgive us all of our sins- the big and the ones that we see as small.

Ameen
    are u afraid of death?

wwwislamicboardcom - are u afraid of death?
    chat Quote

Nawal89's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm afraid of death at the same time i'm looking foward to it. Most things start after death. But what if i'm not prepared for that? It scares me.
    chat Quote

Muslimaatan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Death is not something to be afraid of if ur a good muslim..i guess the only reason 2 be afraid of death is cuz ur not ready to meet Allah yet..need 2 do more 3ebadah, and TAWBAH!! we have this play wer'e doin in skool, about death..n wer'e usin the nasheed layal ghareeb..n actin it..i couldnt stop cryin wen we were practicin..it makes u think...Subhaana Allah
    chat Quote

786rani's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm really scared of death because i fear Allah will punish me for past sins. Allah is merciful and almighty let's hope he forgives us all.
    rani
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    x Maz x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

:'(..I'm a sinner as is everyone else in this Dunya..enough said WalaykumAsalaam x
    are u afraid of death?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Aim for the ultimate prize
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    By definition has no flaw
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    ~I$lAm Z!nDaBaD~ BrAp BrAp
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm afraid of death. Mainly because I'm afraid the Mormon religion might end up being the correct one. *shivers*
    chat Quote

Inshallah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No doubht i am because i'm not prepared for death yet and when i am prepared: death will give me an dawat which i'll gracefully accept.
    chat Quote

E'jaazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am afraid of death because I fear the Judgement of Allah. I keep thinking I have time to get myself together and worship as I should or as the Salaf worshipped in the time of the Prophet (Salallahu Alayhe wa Sallam). But I know that Allah can take my soul at anytime, and I never feel as though I have done enough good deeds to tip the scale in my favor or to be given my book of deeds in my right hand. May Allah guide us all to righteous deeds and save us from the fire! Ameen!
    chat Quote

extinction's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Death is not something to be afraid of if ur a good muslim
    How many of us can actually say we are good muslims? In my opinion almost no one ....
    i'm really scared of death because i fear Allah will punish me for past sins.
    same boat..different section of course lol
    Allah merciful and almighty let's hope he forgives us all.
    Ameen
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i don't think i'm afraid of death, but i am afraid of prolonged illness, pain, loss of control and dependence. that's really scary.
    are u afraid of death?

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - are u afraid of death?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! are u afraid of death? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. are u afraid of death?