star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Tech Stuff

Report bad ads?

Just looked through the forum, couldn't find nuffin about techy stuff...I was wondering whether any1 knows how to change an audio stream to an audio file on ipod.. ...I got some files dat can't get transferred to ma ipod coz it's in audio stream...
    Jazikullah in advance

P.S Any1 dat has problems with other techie stuff could also post n mayb some peeps could help...
    Last edited by Shukria; 05-16-2006 at 02:06 AM.
    Tech Stuff

*Al-Hasan al-Basri was once asked: "Why is it that we cannot uphold prayers at night?" He answered: "You are shackled in your own sins".*
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Tech Stuff

salam alaikum sister
    there is program called soundforge it does very good job you can convert it to anything almost
    salam alaikum
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria View Post
    Just looked through the forum, couldn't find nuffin about techy stuff...I was wondering whether any1 knows how to change an audio stream to an audio file on ipod.. ...I got some files dat can't get transferred to ma ipod coz it's in audio stream...
    It depends what format the stream is in. Check what the file extension is (if you're using realplayer it'll be .ram or .rm), then just type, for example, .ram mp3 into a search engine and you should be able to find an audio conversion program that will do it.

Peace
    chat Quote

Shukria's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's an MPEG audio stream..I hav got few lectures dat I wanna convert so I can listen to dem in ma Ipood..I can listen dem in Itunes..But it won't convert...Any ideas..Tried to search for converters but i couldn't find some for MPEG audio stream to convert to MPEG audio file...???????????
    Thnx
    Tech Stuff

*Al-Hasan al-Basri was once asked: "Why is it that we cannot uphold prayers at night?" He answered: "You are shackled in your own sins".*
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,
    format_quote Originally Posted by Shukria View Post
    It's an MPEG audio stream..I hav got few lectures dat I wanna convert so I can listen to dem in ma Ipood..I can listen dem in Itunes..But it won't convert...Any ideas..Tried to search for converters but i couldn't find some for MPEG audio stream to convert to MPEG audio file...???????????
    Thnx
    That's weird. What type of MPEG? I mean, MPEG level 3 = mp3, and MPEG level 4 = m4a. Both of those formats are playable in iTunes.

Do these files appear in your library in iTunes? If so I can't see why they won't go across to your iPod.

Peace
    chat Quote

Shukria's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's MPEG4..I kno...I thought watever u can play in ITunes, should b able to play dem on da Ipod..It won't allow coz it's in audio stream so wondering how to...
    Tech Stuff

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salama laikum sister
    maybe because the file has 'DMA' protection, some files have copyright so maybe u can tplay them unless it doesnt require liscence
    like sami yusuf nasheeds.

in that case i just tape the nasheed using total recorder and then it should work
    salam alaikum
    chat Quote

10. Hide
Hey there! Tech Stuff Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Tech Stuff