star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Suleymaniye Mosque

Report bad ads?

suleymaniye mosque is a famous historial beatiful and giant mosque in istanbul in turkey.

here is a program. it shows panaromic foto of inside of mosque.
    http://nurris.nurpenceresi.com/mekan...yeCamii-MM.exe

everbody should see that. trust me it contains no virus or somethink like that.

and here is Suleiman Mosque
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Suleiman Mosque (Süleymaniye Camii) is a grand mosque in Istanbul. It was built on the order of sultan Suleiman I and was constructed by the great Ottoman architect Sinan. The construction work began in 1550 and the mosque was finished in 1557.

It is considered to be a kind of architectual answer to the Byzantine Hagia Sophia, commissioned by the Emperor Justinian. The Hagia Sophia, converted into a sultanic mosque under Mehmet II, served as a model to other sultanic mosques in Istanbul, all of which have a certain basic similarity in structure, in order to visually represent the line of succession from sultan to sultan. Sinan's Sulimaniye is a more symmetrical, rationalized and light-filled interpretation of earlier Ottoman precedents, as well as the Hagia Sophia. It is possible that dialogue between Italy and Istanbul contributed to Sinan's enthusiasm for symmetrical and rational forms, as promoted by writers like Alberti.

The Suleymaniye plays on Suleyman's self-conscious representation of himself as a 'second Solomon.' It references the Dome of the Rock, supposedly built on the site of the Temple of Solomon, as well as Justinian's boast upon the completion of the Hagia Sophia: "Solomon, I have surpassed thee!" The Suleymaniye, being more magnificent than the preceding structures, asserts sultan Suleyman's historical importance.

The mosque is 59 meters in length and 58 meters in width. The main dome is 53 meters high and has a diameter of 27.25 meters. The complex has four minarets, a number only allowable to mosques endowed by a sultan (princes and princesses could construct two minarets; others only one). Apart from the main mosque with the praying hall (cami) and courtyard (avlu), the mosque complex also includes a caravanserai or seraglio (sarayı; han), a public kitchen (imaret) which served food to the poor, a hospital (darüşşifa), four Qur'an schools (medrese), a specialized school for the learning of hadith, and a bath-house (hamam). In the garden behind the main mosque there are two mausoleums (türbe) including the tombs of sultan Suleiman I, his wife Roxelana (Haseki Hürrem), his daughter Mihrimah, his mother Dilaşub Saliha and his sister Asiye. The sultans Suleiman II, Ahmed II and Safiye (died in 1777), the daughter of Mustafa II, are also buried here. Just outside the mosque walls to the north is the tomb of architect Sinan.

The Suleiman Mosque was ravaged by a fire in 1660 and was restored on the command of sultan Mehmed IV by architect Fossatı. The restoration, however, changed the mosque into a more baroque style, damaging the great work severely. The mosque was restored to its original glory during the 19th century but during World War I the courtyard was used as a weapons depot and when some of the ammunition ignited, the mosque suffered another fire. Not until 1956 was it restored again. Today it is one of the most popular sights in Istanbul.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%c3%bcleymaniye_Camii
    and images (also istanbul fotos)
    http://www.gbg.bonet.se/osmanli/kult...uleymaniye.htm
    http://www.islamisanat.net/z-e-card-views-t.html
    http://www.manzaralar.net/il/istanbul.php

come this summer to istanbul
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Suleymaniye Mosque

salam.
    woow this is fab, but to hard to move everything goes upside down LOlz ta bro for the link and info

come to Istanbul yea one day i will
    w.salam
    chat Quote

dostpost's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islamgyal View Post
    salam.
    woow this is fab, but to hard to move everything goes upside down LOlz ta bro for the link and info

come to Istanbul yea one day i will
    w.salam

istanbul is the most beautiful city in the world. i will open a new thread about istanbul in a few weeks .
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mustklc View Post
    istanbul is the most beautiful city in the world. i will open a new thread about istanbul in a few weeks .
    salam.
    ok will be waiting don't know IF i will be coming but one day i will but am going to America in summer holidays sooo don't know going back home (america)
    once again will be waiting and ta for the link
    w.salam
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Syed Nizam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mustklc View Post
    Hmmm, I thought the most beautiful city in the world is Esfahan, Iran.....
    Suleymaniye Mosque

Al-Asr (103.001-003)
    By (the Token of) Time (through the ages),
    Verily Man is in loss,
    Except such as have Faith, and do righteous deeds,
    and (join together) in the mutual teaching of Truth,
    and of Patience and Constancy.
    chat Quote

dostpost's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Syed Nizam View Post
    Hmmm, I thought the most beautiful city in the world is Esfahan, Iran.....
    esfahan, i heard some about it . you can send us esfahan's fotos, maybe.
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Suleymaniye Mosque Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Suleymaniye Mosque