star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thumbs down what is Pakhtoonwali?

Report bad ads?

HI to all my friends.this is salim khan from the valley of pakhtoon with a very special article (pakhtoonwali).
    Pakhtoonwali is an unwritten democratic, socio-political culture, law and ideology of the Pakhtoon society inherited from their forefathers and carried on to the present generation, it is a dominant force of Pakhtoon culture and identity.

Pakhtoonwali is basically conservative but radical, apparently dictatorial while naturally democratic centuries old, but still a young phenomenon in the Pakhtoon culture and socio-economic structure.
    Pakhtoon society, by the virtue of Pakhtoonwali, went straight to the feudal social structure without experiencing an era of slavery.

Pakhtana have preserved their culture in the course of a long history up to the present capitalistic socio-economic structure. And Pakhtoonwali has been able to maintain a powerful dialectical balance of the Pakhtoon society 1.

Pakhtoonwali as a complement of the Pakhtoon society, for its perfection and reform, has undergone carious legal, political, economic and cultural changes in rules and regulation and has developed into an accepted comprehensive constitution. Pakhtoonwali consists of qualifications such as Khpelwaki (self authority), Sialy (Equality), Jirga (Assemble), Roogha (reconciliation or compromise), Badal (revenge), Barabary (equivalence), Teega/Nerkh (Law), Arbakai (messengers) Aziz/Azizwale (clan, clanship), Terbor/Terborwali (cousin and tribal rivalries), Nang (competence), Gairat (enthusiasm), Ooga Warkawel (giving lift to persons in need), Pannah Warkawel (Offering asylum), Ashar (shared co-operative work), Zhemana (Commitment), Melater (patrons), Chagha (Call for action), Soola (truce) and other.

Pakhtoonwali is a democratic structure emphasizing of Jirga, Sialy and Barabary. It is a defensive system in terms of Jirga, Chagha and Arbakai. It is a legal system in terms of Jirga, Teega/Nerkh, Pannah and Roogha. This system has managed all social and internal affairs of the Pakhtoon society before and after Islam. It has created small and large local governments in Central and South Asia.

All the Pakhtana social structures are undergoing political processes and are forged into certain socio-economic evolutionary shapes. The 8 centuries’ perpetual Pakhtoon nationalism animated a political central government for the first time in the 12 th century and then established a strong centralized government in the mid 18 th century.
    All small and large tribes and ethnic groups participated in the reform and improvement of the government administration and in its various economic, social and cultural aspects. With the strengthening of relations among these ethnic groups in socio-economic affairs, Pakhtoon nationalism was transformed into Afghan nationalism.

Afghan nationalism is in fact a 20 th century phenomenon of political power in the form of a centralized state government, Sequentially, Pakhtoonwali is the first foundation stone, Pakhtoon nationalism is second and afghan nationalism is the third and evolutionary phase of political structure, state and nation formation. Pakhtoonwali has a history of several thousand years while Pakhtoon nationalism is only a few hundred years old afghan nationalism is a product of the contemporary 20 th century history.
    Last edited by Muezzin; 06-09-2006 at 09:56 PM.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    islamrules's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: what is Pakhtoonwali?

oh realy? nice
    chat Quote

786rani's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm a pakhtoon but i don't get any of the things u said sorry. *oops*
    rani
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Prohibition of Nationalism in Islam
    http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/F...article29.html

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i havn't been to swaat but my parents went on their honey moon with me *yessss* ther's supposed to be a big river thing that's freezing. beautiful place.
    rani
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i am curious - in actual day-to-day life which governs the life of a pashtun more - pakhtoonwali or islam? (i know which should but what actually does?
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - what is Pakhtoonwali?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs View Post
    i am curious - in actual day-to-day life which governs the life of a pashtun more - pakhtoonwali or islam? (i know which should but what actually does?
    Unfortunately in parts of Paakistan they see themselves as pakhtun/pashtun first, then Muslim. But I'm a pashtun too, and I'd like to think that's not the case for me nor my family, wal hamdulillah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In our part of Pakistan Islam comes first too. Putaans are famous for revenge which in my eyes is bad but is it allowed in Islaam?
    rani
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

:: = Fitnah
    : = Fitnah
    kay: = Fitnah x 2
    Do we wink or act playfully with the opposite gender in in real life interaction? No (I hope). So behave modestly towards the opposite gender in your posts as well.
    chat Quote

salimswati's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hellow Rani
    thanks 4 your nice comments but if u will come to swat,u will see what is pashtoon and what is meant by pakhtoonwali?
    thanks
    salim swati
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oooooh my eyes!!

I do wish people would write in paragraphs, makes it much easier to read. No offence!
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

what do u mean in paragraphs?
    with indents and stuff?
    rani
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

:: = Fitnah
    : = Fitnah
    kay: = Fitnah x 2
    Do we wink or act playfully with the opposite gender in in real life interaction? No (I hope). So behave modestly towards the opposite gender in your posts as well.
    chat Quote

SistaHH's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I went to swat last summer- it really reaaly beautiful. Inshallah I will be going again this year.

Ps I didn't really understand what was written above- I'm guessing its to do with nationalism from the link Fi_Sabilillah gave!
    chat Quote

Sweet_Boy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by 786rani View Post
    i'm a pakhtoon but i don't get any of the things u said sorry. *oops*
    rani
    aw kana im also pushto ... pakthoon
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

My Heart Is Red My Mind Is Black!!!Against The World I Will Lead The Rossoneri In Attack !!! Forza MiLan ...

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SistaHH View Post
    I went to swat last summer- it really reaaly beautiful. Inshallah I will be going again this year.

Ps I didn't really understand what was written above- I'm guessing its to do with nationalism from the link Fi_Sabilillah gave!
    yeah i went up the moutains but not too far like swat i went to batkhela ohh them moutains are scary i was on holiday december till january in pakistan
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

My Heart Is Red My Mind Is Black!!!Against The World I Will Lead The Rossoneri In Attack !!! Forza MiLan ...

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    SistaHH's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Boy View Post
    yeah i went up the moutains but not too far like swat i went to batkhela ohh them moutains are scary i was on holiday december till january in pakistan

Yeh the mountains are really scary! I came back about a month before the earthquakes hit Pakistan last year. I could just imagine how the the mountains would have crumbled.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SistaHH View Post
    Yeh the mountains are really scary! I came back about a month before the earthquakes hit Pakistan last year. I could just imagine how the the mountains would have crumbled.
    i was thier straight after this was like small earthquakes each day until one night ... the big one struck

6.5 it was on richter scale a quick burst i was asleep though my brother was on the other side of room he was well scared he goes everything was moving side to side ... but thank god no one got killed or injured but it was scary well its not like i would no i was thinking of teletubies
    what is Pakhtoonwali?

chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is all very fascinating. Unfortunately, it has little to do with Pakhtoonwali (whatever that is ). Seriously, try to stay to the topic.
    chat Quote

22. Hide
Hey there! what is Pakhtoonwali? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. what is Pakhtoonwali?