star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

what is all these sisters

Report bad ads?

Well i couldnt understand this Chemistry .....

I have seen many muslim sister walking on the road with wearing hijab , but other hand they are wearing tight shirts or some thing like that ...... the basic meaning of hijab is to cover your body parts and hairs etc.. if every thing is visible then why would we take care about hijab ..

NOte: Sisters dont take me offensive , its truth which i see every day .
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Daffodil's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: what is all these sisters

format_quote Originally Posted by Aly View Post

I have seen many muslim sister walking on the road with wearing hijab , but other hand they are wearing tight shirts or some thing like that ...... the basic meaning of hijab is to cover your body parts and hairs etc.. if every thing is visible then why would we take care about hijab ..

Perhaps those sisters have only just started practicing and are taking things step by step, giv them credit where its due atleast theyre wearing the hijab. Remember..."a fig leaf is better then nothing"
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We should lower our gaze too.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unfortunately, I think this is common everywhere.

But I think its about time we actually started doing something about it instead of badmouthing these sisters. It could be that the parents could be at fault for what the girl is doing. They didn't do their job in raising her, they didn't explain to what the hijaab is and why she has to wear it and how to wear it, etc. Or they are forbidding her from wearing it, and she can only wear clothes that her parent find acceptable and "safe" for the society they live in.

Then there is the opposite case where the sister's parents are fully encouraging her towards hijaab and she rebells...

And then there are sisters who're just wearing it for the sake of fashion, cuz the scarf is a "cool" thing.

Anyyways, what my point is, we do not always know why a girl is dressing the way she is. Yes. hijaab is fardh. But it also our duty as brothers and sisters to help others when their imaan is low and try to guide them. (Obviously this would be something sisters would have to help other sisters on...)

And yes, lower your gaze! :rant: Sorry, I just had to say that.

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Aly's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah View Post

Unfortunately, I think this is common everywhere.

But I think its about time we actually started doing something about it instead of badmouthing these sisters. It could be that the parents could be at fault for what the girl is doing. They didn't do their job in raising her, they didn't explain to what the hijaab is and why she has to wear it and how to wear it, etc. Or they are forbidding her from wearing it, and she can only wear clothes that her parent find acceptable and "safe" for the society they live in.

Then there is the opposite case where the sister's parents are fully encouraging her towards hijaab and she rebells...

And then there are sisters who're just wearing it for the sake of fashion, cuz the scarf is a "cool" thing.

Anyyways, what my point is, we do not always know why a girl is dressing the way she is. Yes. hijaab is fardh. But it also our duty as brothers and sisters to help others when their imaan is low and try to guide them. (Obviously this would be something sisters would have to help other sisters on...)

And yes, lower your gaze! :rant: Sorry, I just had to say that.
    lol omg Aunty jeee i usually lower my gaze its all i see and some of my friend they are non muslim they discuss with me these kinds of things ...

and i think sisters look MAshallah so nice when they wear scarf salute to them ....

well btw sister do you wear Hijab, scarf etc
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I say that you either do it wholly or just don't do it.

Allah says in the Quraan, Chapter number 2, verse 208 (Dr. Zakir Naik Style LOL):

Oh you who belive! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF ISLAM) and do not follow the footsteps of Shaytaan.

So you either follow or you don't!
    Last edited by afriend; 06-09-2006 at 10:32 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well btw sister do you wear Hijab, scarf etc

Alhamdulillah yes I do wear hijaab and niqaab.

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

Aly's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Labibah View Post

Alhamdulillah yes I do wear hijaab and niqaab.

Sister i am thining about your name , is that Labibah , i neva heard that before what does that mean , i just heard about LAIBAh
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You know what sometimes...sisters get forced into wearing the hijaab cause thier rents or older brothers or whoever want them to wear it, maybe cause they want other members of the family/friends to think better of them and thier children, so they'll were the hijaab because they got told to, but they won't act/dress like a hijaabi should, trust me i've seen it in my college, sisters with harsh brothers especially, they are wearing tops saying Muslimah, or slave of Allah (Swt) on them, and then sitting on dudes in my col, so shameful astaghfirullah, even the non-muslim girl in my english class told me about a similar incident and even she knew it was bad... (naming no names), maybe it isn't their fault, maybe they are not aware of the consequences, so they don't really care what others think.

Well that's what i think.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

asalamulaikum

lol sis labibah u have a fan.

and i think sisters look MAshallah so nice when they wear scarf salute to them ....
    sisters dnt wear the scarf to look nice or attractive.

I say that you either do it wholly or just don't do it.

Allah says in the Quraan, Chapter number 2, verse 208 (Dr. Zakir Naik Style LOL):

Oh you who belive! Enter perfectly in Islam (by obeying ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF ISLAM) and do not follow the footsteps of Shaytaan.

I think that should be enough to explain that.
    brother iqram, so ur saying the sisters who wear the hijab but still dnt observe modesty shudnt bother wearing the hijab?

dnt forget brother, the quran was revealed over a period of 23 years, and the first ten years was regarding tawheed. everything else then was revealed step by step.

u cant all of a sudden wake up one morning and be totaly practicing, it doesnt work that way, u have to walk before u can run other wise u fall. it takes time.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Nice reply Daffodil ^^ agreed

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
    u cant all of a sudden wake up one morning and be totaly practicing, it doesnt work that way, u have to walk before u can run other wise u fall. it takes time.
    Valid point, but what about the ramadhanians (yeah, I made that up) who only wear hijab in ramadhan? (similarly, certain muslim males only practice Islam in this holy month - sad init?)

Although, It is important to remember that we shouldn't judge people - it's what's on the inside that counts; as long as they have faith in Allah, that's the important thing.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

Aly's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Daffodil View Post
    asalamulaikum

lol sis labibah u have a fan.

i am fan of all you sweet people out there, i enjoy when ever i come here nice and increasing my knowledge but sis Labibah didnt answer that
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But do they?

inshaAllah

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah for telling me about the tawheed part....Didn't know that before...

true said, but it's like, when you have a bath, and you don't wash one part of your body.

ok, that's silly, but it gives a bad name to the hijaab, people will look at them and say, look they wear scarves, but I can see their legs and their figure. So called Muslims they are.

The whole purpose of wearing the hijaab is to cover the body...and I think if you don't meet minimum requirements, then how can it be termed as a hijaab for them?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Valid point, but what about the ramadhanians (yeah, I made that up) who only wear hijab in ramadhan? (I could say similar for certain males, too)
    shaitans locked up in ramadhan so of course ppl are bound to practice more n inshallah its a start for them n may they continue after ramadhan too ameen.
    chat Quote

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

erm...i've seen myself too....well wot can i say its more of a trend.....wearing diff colours scarfs to match theri skirts, or blouse that are worn....and i agree most clothes are tight! plus make ups are done, which brings attractivenss towards the opp gender!

I think girls shud wear the hijab for the right intention, understand the purpose and do it only and love for allah(swt), we shudnt wear it coz as some susters are forced into it, otherwise it will be by name ur wearing a scarf and totally ignoring the prupose of it!

Same goes wid brothers, erm...new fashion.....stylish beard..remember my thread....that was kinda interesting debating wid brothers!

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ok, that's silly, but it gives a bad name to the hijaab, people will look at them and say, look they wear scarves, but I can see their legs and their figure. So called Muslims they are.
    then those muslims need to look to them selves because if thats how theyre thinking then their hearts dnt seem pure, rather then thinking bad of them how about they giv them dua that Allah swt guides them.

The whole purpose of wearing the hijaab is to cover the body...and I think if you don't meet minimum requirements, then how can it be termed as a hijaab for them?
    remember brother a fig leaf is better then nothing.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

erm...i've seen myself too....well wot can i say its more of a trend.....wearing diff colours scarfs to match theri skirts, or blouse that are worn....and i agree most clothes are tight! plus make ups are done, which brings attractivenss towards the opp gender!

I think girls shud wear the hijab for the right intention, understand the purpose and do it only and love for allah(swt), we shudnt wear it coz as some susters are forced into it, otherwise it will be by name ur wearing a scarf and totally ignoring the prupose of it!

Same goes wid brothers, erm...new fashion.....stylish beard..remember my thread....that was kinda interesting debating wid brothers!
    Good point sister!

MashAllah, the intention is extremely important.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

remember brother a fig leaf is better then nothing.
    Was that said somewhere by RasoolAllah(SAW)?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! what is all these sisters Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. what is all these sisters