× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 19 of 19 visibility 2447

I am new to islam help me

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Salam everyone i reverted to islam about three months ago i now wear the full hijab i believe islam is the right religion.
    I used to be a model i had everything i could always rely on my looks and body but now that i am a muslim and wear the full hijab my life changed for the better.
    But At times i get upset because i cant do what i used to do i miss looking beautiful i miss doing my hair and showing it off i miss all those compliments i used to get oh forgive me i feel weak
    I always loved male attention i loved the comments and now i dont know i am a good muslim but at times i dont know why i feel like this maybe is because of the country i live in temptation all around me i dont know please help a new sister:sister:

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I am new to islam help me

My Muslims sisters will be much better at advising you in this matter.

I just wanted to welcome here. :thankyou:
    I trust you will get much support and advice in this forum.
    Adjusting to a new way of life, as you are, must be difficult! Do you mind me asking in which country you live?

May you always walk with God, sister.

Blessings.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - I am new to islam help me

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

786rani's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mashallah sis congrats on yr reversion. be strong and you'll achieve rewards in the other world inshallah. having guys attention can have loads of problems reape ect. remember that next time. hope u all the best.
    rani

:: = Fitnah
    : = Fitnah
    kay: = Fitnah x 2
    Do we wink or act playfully with the opposite gender in in real life interaction? No (I hope). So behave modestly towards the opposite gender in your posts as well.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

glo I live in England but used to live in Italy .
    Rani i understand i always needed compliments my whole life was based on my looks and now is different is just a bit hard sis thats all.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    786rani's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm like that aswell with attention but u just have 2 control yrself.
    rani

:: = Fitnah
    : = Fitnah
    kay: = Fitnah x 2
    Do we wink or act playfully with the opposite gender in in real life interaction? No (I hope). So behave modestly towards the opposite gender in your posts as well.
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the fourm
    chat Quote

limitless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Subnallah, just amazing. Everyday since I joined this forum I am just surprised to see more reverts/converts. Especially a model, just amazing. I mean, I am so impressed, may Allah keep you strong and guide you to the righteous path. I just want to say this, start by doing little things, start to pray 5 times a day, read Qu'ran, and if you really wanted to feel compliemented then I'd suggest you get married , hence you only please your husband not other men, besides that it completes 50% of your religion in islam. I am so NOT good at advices but I try to. May Allah keep you strong and guide you through the righteous path.

The Possibilities in Islam are limitless.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. -Ben Stein

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -Andy Warhol
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you brother i do pray and so on. Maybe i just need to get used to the full hijab and i would love to get married thanks for the advice

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Thank you i could look at it in that way! I just need to really get used to it.
    It not about the compliments really but the fact that now i need to change my approach to things i cant rely on looks so i am just a bit scared nobody ever looked at my personality or who i am on the inside.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Don't worry about what everyone thought of you in the past, now your a covered Muslimah everyones going to reflect on your personality, seeing as your appearence is quite hidden, hiding your beauty isn't easy, May Allah (Swt) reward you for your efforts.

Peace

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

Makky's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamdullilah . praise be to Allah who Saved you .
    in few points ...What i think you should do is:
    1- You are now starting a new life at which your values are different from non-muslims , So you have to build your islamic values ..what should count and what shouldn't count ... I know that you know that looks, color & race don't count but faith...what i want to say is how can you create another personality to live with .. You need to renovate your views from inside... Waiting for compliments is a bad thing in islam even if its for faith. So in few words purify your intention , always try to make this strong in your heart , keep purifing , make it a deep belief in your heart
    2- I know many cases who have the same problem , i guess those people always think they deserve the best of the best . and this is an important point you should notice... and my advise in this point consists of two points :
    2-a Try always to persude yourself that its allah who created you beautiful , its not you but its Allah's gift , Try to exercise by avoiding the best things you like in your life for sometimes , Fast at least 3 days each month , Don't buy everything you like to buy.. in this way you will feel some changes in your personality ...what we need to feel is that we are slaves asking for forgivenss and don't deserve compliments
    2-b on the opposite you can't avoid your best friends who always remind you to be a good muslim , in this case we must search for the best of the best even in marriage seek the one you feel he is the best , and with him its good to wait for his compliments.

may allah grant us his guidance ameen

Atheists this is you situation now:
    the Unbelievers say: "These are nothing but tales of the ancients." (25) Others they keep away from it and themselves they keep away; but they only destroy their own souls and they perceive it not. (26)(Translation of surat Al'anam)
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

congratulations on becoming a muslim

MashaAllaah may Allaah swt reward you for your efforts sis.it is excellent that u wear the full hijaab.
    every blessing that Allah swt has given us we should us it in his way wether it be beauty, money, speech etc
    when we do this Allah swt inceases those blessings.
    remember this is a test and with every test that you pass there is peace and happiness after it.

sometimes when we find following islam really difficult(its not easy nowadays)
    we should strengthen our relationship with God.we can do this by reading th Quraan and learning about islam.also Reading the prophet Muhammmad (pbuh's) seerah. doing this makes u feel content and at peace.

its very difficult to change ur lifestyle. but the more difficult something is for us to do the more good deeds we get for it.May Allah swt give u patience.

chat Quote

Halima's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Beauty on the outside eventually fades.

Beauty on the inside stays forever.

Do your charity in the name of Da'wah and help us out

Insha'Allah Khair.

chat Quote

DigitalStorm82's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Asalamu Alaikum

I suppose you've already passed the test of external beauty. You know you're beautiful, you don't have to prove it anymore.

Alhumdulillah, You have accepted Islam. You will soon see the flaws of your previous life style.

Now the test is... whether people will like your internal beauty. I'm guessing not many people looked at you before and said, wow, she's has a great heart.

It's definitely not going to be easy to adjust... but, in Islam, everything you do is to please your Lord.

Be patient sis, you have our support 110% of the way.

I would like to hear your story on how you became a muslim. They are always so beautiful. Please do share with us

May Allah make this test and task easy for you, Inshallah.

W'salaamz,
    Hamid
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    limitless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes indeed. I am so interested in hearing how you became a muslim, it is not quiet often where you get a beautiful model turning to islam, very indeed surprising to me, Subnallah. You are one of my new insiprations now , May Allah grant you paradise in the hereafter, guide you through this rough changes in your life, and help you become a better muslim each and every day. You will be rewarded from the creator of all, Allah for becoming a muslim and now changing your self from a beautiful model to a way more beautiful sister by obeying Allah, his Commandments and everything that every muslim must follow. May Allah give you patience and a stronger heart to bear the difficulties that you are facing or will be facing in the near future.

The Possibilities in Islam are limitless.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. -Ben Stein

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -Andy Warhol
    chat Quote

~*miz*kurdiya*~'s Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam hun...
    i felt the same way when i started wearing hijab i loved my fashion and although i loved islam sometimes i would feel i wanted clothes hair and stuff back and i felt confused bout which was the real me cos i want used to it...but its shaytan that plays with us... at the end of the day u know islam is the right religion so everytime u feel bad bout it just think bout why u reverted and try put it to the back of my mind... when i first started wearing the hijab three months down the line i thought bout taking it off and then everyday i would wake up and say to myself ok let mesee how today goes im gonna keep it on for today.. if i got through that day i would wake up the next day thinking well i got through it yesterday and i will beat shaytan today aswell.. and now its been 8 months and alhumdulilah im much better and i still think bout how i miss my hair and clothes lol but hey what do they matter? at the end of the day someone is gonna look at you and respect you for who u are not cos of just what they see... and that persons suggestion was good... maybe get married... theres many good brothers out their and mashallah many reverts too so no doubt you can find someone u can relate to on that level as well...take it slow hun one day at a time... the guys may not understand as well as the girls but so many of us go through what you go through everyday but then weigh those peoples compliments with how Allah will be pleased with you... which is worth more?

(in saying this i hope it goes to my brain too )
    chat Quote

Isra's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You get less compliments, but trust me, you get more respect.
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Speaking as a Man who is a fairly recent newbie to Islam, I am very much impressed with the beauty of ALL Muslimahs. It is only after I became Muslim that I discovered the true equality of women, the true inner beauty each possesses. To me it now seems like it is such a shame that non-Muslim women fail to see their own beauty and allow an outside temporary screen to pass as beauty.

Herman 1 - I am new to islam help me

chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    Speaking as a Man who is a fairly recent newbie to Islam, I am very much impressed with the beauty of ALL Muslimahs. It is only after I became Muslim that I discovered the true equality of women, the true inner beauty each possesses. To me it now seems like it is such a shame that non-Muslim women fail to see their own beauty and allow an outside temporary screen to pass as beauty.
    That's a beautiful reply, Woodrow.
    I want to thank you on behalf of all women - Muslim and non-Muslim.
    May we all know our God-given inner beauty and qualities!

Your post reminds me of this:
    "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."

Peace.

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - I am new to islam help me

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

24. Hide
Hey there! I am new to islam help me Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I am new to islam help me