× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 47 visibility 8302

Advice To The Seekers

SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Advice To The Seekers

Report bad ads?

Asalam alaikum to all my brothers and sisters in islam.

There is something i've said on this forum many many times,and i will say it again today,hoping/praying that atleast 1 person might benefit from it.

There are two types of knowledge :
    1 ) that which is accessible to allahs creatures.
    2 ) That which is not accessible to allahs creatures.

Thus,to deny accessible knowledge is disbelief.

And to claim inaccessible knowledge is disbelief.

True faith is not established until accessibe knowledge is accepted and the pursuit of inaccessible knowledge is abandoned.

Having said that,...how many members of this forum have learnt aqeedah?fiqh?etc...?

I dont expect anyone to reply to that question.

But what i am expecting is,for atleast some of you,to truly ask yourselves "What do i know about islam..?"

Because there are alot of people out there that only know what their Shaykh has told them.

And there are also alot of people out there that only know what their parents have told them over the years.

Believe me,there is alot more to islam than what alot of us are being thought.

I am not saying that our shaykhs and parents are misleading us,heck,i have alot of respect for the shaykhs out there,and for each and every single muslim/non-muslim parent.Bringing up a child in this time and age is a mission.

What i am saying is,..it is our responsibility to go out there and Learn islam,dont sit around the house,being a slob,and expect the knowledge of islam to fall on your lap.

Because,at the end of the day,it is our responsibility to seek the knowledge.

Having said all that,..when will you guys/girls quit doing THIS , THIS , etc?

Dont you think it is about time you get your religon inorder before you start questioning others?

GO learn enough about islam before you decide to come online and preach to others.

Seriously,alot of you guys/girls need to grow up,..alot.

Please,do not take offence to any of that.

I am simply a simple brother who is concerned about Your Deen.

So please accept my nice slice of concise advice.

I'll be on my way.

Wa'salaam

-Zubair
    Advice To The Seekers

wwwislamicboardcom - Advice To The Seekers
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Advice To The Seekers

( Since this post seems to e offending so many people,....im removing it )
    Last edited by SirZubair; 06-22-2006 at 06:47 PM.
    Advice To The Seekers

Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.
    chat Quote

virago's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dont you think it is about time you get your religon inorder before you start questioning others?
    Good point
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Which points do you disagree with Akhi?
    Advice To The Seekers

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    The only thing I disagree with perhaps is that you said they should stop pointing out errors in other religions. At the end of the day it is our duty to guide everyone to the light of Islam and we must show the people where they have gone wrong. Having said that, I agree that we should not do it in a condescending way and we must have knowledge of Islam and the other religions before we do it.
    Akhi,..the way i see it,...

..If you invite someone to your house for a meal,...and while serving them some Lamb Chops,you spit in his plate,..it is very unlikely that he will ever accept your invitation again.

So when someone is inviting a non-muslim to islam,it is better to point out the GOODNESS In islam to them,rather than their errors.

If we point out the goodness in islam to them,they will see their errors themselves,and they dont feel like they are being 'picked on'.,and will more likely respond in a positive manner.

Whenever i've seen a muslim confronting a non-muslim,pointing out their errors,it has always led to an arguement,just as we see on this forum.

Point out a handful of threads in this section where muslims and non-muslims have all agreed on something. You will be lucky to find 2.

Dont get me wrong,i agree with you,it is our duty to guide them to islam.

But there is a way to do it,and a way Not to do it.

What i see on this forum (and see happen alot in real life),is the way Not to do it.

I hope i've explained that clearly,..if i havent,let me know,and i'll make another attempt at it

wa'salaam

-Zubair
    Advice To The Seekers

chat Quote

duskiness's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    Commen sense is dead.
    as long as You are here..it's not.
    and Your post are needed. "Local" non-Muslim sometimes need them.
    bless You
    n.
    Advice To The Seekers

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness View Post
    as long as You are here..it's not.
    LoL,many will disagree ... :X

THank you,you are too kind.

wa'salaam.
    Advice To The Seekers

chat Quote

manaal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I had a feeling no1 would reply to what i had to say.
    Such a pessimist!
    I agree witha lot you had to say. I'm a teacher and I see around me many Muslim girls and boys who do not act like a Muslim is expected to. There dree, they way they talk, their likes and dislikes are so unislamic. It's as if they see islam as a burden.. Allahu Aalam.

How many youngsters of today know what is in the quran?
    Have they even heard of these ayahs?

Al-Hujurat - 49:17
    They regard as favour upon you (O Muhammad SAW) that they have embraced Islâm. say: "Count not your Islâm as a favour upon me. Nay, but Allâh has conferred a favour upon you, that He has guided you to the Faith, if you indeed are true.

Al-Ma'idah (5):3
    This day, I have perfected your religion for you, completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islâm as your religion.

There so much to learn about Islam.
    chat Quote

seek.learn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

...dont sit around the house,being a slob,and expect the knowledge of islam to fall on your lap...

...get your religon inorder before you start questioning others?...
    Salaam o alaikum,

You words hold truth and no doubt this truth hurts.

May Allah (SWT) forgive and guide our ummah. Aameen.

JazakAllah u khairun for the truth you've spoken.

Alaikum Salaam
    Advice To The Seekers

"Do ye enjoin right conduct on the people, and forget (To practise it) yourselves, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?" [2:44]
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazaakallah khayr for naseehah.
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good post, Bro Zubair.

format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    The only thing I disagree with perhaps is that you said they should stop pointing out errors in other religions. At the end of the day it is our duty to guide everyone to the light of Islam and we must show the people where they have gone wrong. Having said that, I agree that we should not do it in a condescending way and we must have knowledge of Islam and the other religions before we do it.
    I tend to agree. I personally lean more to the 'show people how good Islam is' side of the fence rather than 'tell them how bad their religion is'. If one must criticise others' religions, your approach is the best.
    chat Quote

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree!! I agree 100% Masha'allah great point. One should educate himself about Islam fully before he tries to give Da'wah.

And Guess why?

Because when a person knows Islam fully and acquires knowledge of Islam, he wouldn't go parading around to the Christians/Jews/Disbeleivers and saying " Look at what mistakes I found in your religion!! "

Because that is definitely a turn off and no doubt about that. You can tell a person who is educated in Islam from somene who isn't simply by the way they give Da'wah.

Allah said in the Qur'an " And do not insult those who invoke other than Allah, lest they Insult Allah"

And Allah said " Call to the way of your Lord with Hikmah and Good advice"

And Allah said " It is part of the Mercy of Allah that You deal with them gently. Were you harsh-hearted, they would have broken away from about you: so pass over (Their faults), and ask for (Allah’s) forgiveness for them; and consult them in affairs (of moment). Then, when you have Taken a decision put your trust in Allah. For Allah loves those that put their trust (in Him). [3:159]

And it sure isn't part of hikmah to snub your noses at other peoples religions in their face!!

Not to say that we must be completely lenient with them and all of that.....but please.....to just go around thrusting stuff like that when you are not even able to answer the basic Questions of Islam...makes not sense now does it?
    chat Quote

muslim_friend's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    In the Heart of a Green Bird, insha'Allah.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Exactly! i suppose the Prophet or his companions didn't pull out verses from the bible and say "look how bad this is".

I think we must use the Qur'an with the support of the sunnah to do dawaah. I'm sure this is the best way. though our intentions may be right, will Allah reward us for quoting bible verses?
    Advice To The Seekers

:coolbro:

chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dawa isn't that simple I agree with zubair that we should focus on the our deen first but we should also know the faults in the bible and uses them if needed, we muslims always cliam that the bible has been altered but imagine your given dawa and a christian says where's your proof what you gonna say be silent?
    Advice To The Seekers

The Ummah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

Dawa isn't that simple I agree with zubair that we should focus on the our deen first but we should also know the faults in the bible and uses them if needed, we muslims always cliam that the bible has been altered but imagine your given dawa and a christian says where's your proof what you gonna say be silent?

I know so many muslims (alot in my own family!) who say to me "hey,did you know the christians do this..." "did you know they believe that...."

A couple of times i've said to them : "Hey,did you know that in islam..."

And they are Gobsmacked! "WHere did you get that information from?? "

I reply "The holy Quran"
    -------------------------

That is one of the many examples of how many muslims focus more on Putting down other religons,rather than doing what they should be doing,which is learning about their own religon.

When we stand before Almighty Allah,he wont ask us if we made Christians feel small,if so,how many.

At the end of the day,DAWAH shouldnt become a battle of the religons.

Always remember the part of the Quran which states...

"To your your religon,to me mine"

My suggestion is,..go and give dawah to non-muslims,but if they turn around and want to argue with you,if they want to get into a debate with you,.Turn Around,Walk Away.

If you carry on arguing with them because "im trying to enlighten them...",you're (BTW AKHI,im not speaking directly at you,im speaking in general terms) making stupid excuses.

At the end of the day,your mission is to take the message of Islam to all the non-muslims.

It is ALLAH swt that guides who he wants to guide.Alternatively,he leave astray,abandons and afflicts whomsoever he justly pleases.

"Wa mai'yahdillahu fala mudhillala,Wa mai yudhil fala haadi-ala"
    Last edited by SirZubair; 06-21-2006 at 06:40 PM.
    Advice To The Seekers

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Otherwise you'll be laughed at like shaykh Khalid Yasin.
    Who laughs at him? If you mean the non-Muslims, then we must be reminded .. wasn't our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw) mocked and insulted too?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Far7an View Post

Who laughs at him? If you mean the non-Muslims, then we must be reminded .. wasn't our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw) mocked and insulted too?

Dont get me wrong akhi,i like him,i personally think his lectures are powerful.I've got some of his lectures on CD.

But at the end of the day,he doesnt need to work abit on his adab.

Heck,he isnt the only one.

The very person posting this post has to do the same .. :X

Wa'salaam.

edit : sorry,forgot to answer your question.

No,i havent heard any non-muslims speak of him,not in NewZealand anyway,nobody knows him down here. I've heard Muslims say bad things about him though. Alot which i dont agree with. the only thing i do agree with is the adab issue.
    Advice To The Seekers

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who criticised him? Any scholars? Or just layman? I wouldn't pay any attention to what any layman have to say regarding the scholars, we (layman) always have alot to say.

No human is perfect, and neither is Khalid Yaseen. But he is a da'ee, and an excellent one at that. He has done more work than the average scholar let alone layman, may Allah reward him and forgive him for his shortcomings.

Bringing this back ontopic, although I agree with the points you made, I don't think it's fair to bring scholars under the spotlight and use them as examples of 'how not to give da'wah'

May Allah guide us to that which pleases him.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Who criticised him? Any scholars? Or just layman? I wouldn't pay any attention to what any layman have to say regarding the scholars, we (layman) always have alot to say.
    No doubt you're right.

No human is perfect, and neither is Khalid Yaseen. But he is a da'ee, and an excellent one at that. He has done more work than the average scholar let alone layman, may Allah reward him and forgive him for his shortcomings.
    Ameen !

Bringing this back ontopic, although I agree with the points you made, I don't think it's fair to bring scholars under the spotlight and use them as examples of 'how not to give da'wah'
    Once again,you are right,that is why i edited my post afew minutes before your posted this. It was unfair for me to use him as an example,he has done more for the muslim community than i will be able to do in a lifetime. May allah swt guide him.

May Allah guide us to that which pleases him.
    Ameen.

Can i get a TAKBIR ??
    Advice To The Seekers

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    seek.learn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Allahu Akbar!
    Advice To The Seekers

"Do ye enjoin right conduct on the people, and forget (To practise it) yourselves, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?" [2:44]
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Advice To The Seekers Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Advice To The Seekers