Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

G.I.s Killed

Report bad ads?

Iraqi official says bodies of missing GIs found
    Signs of 'barbaric' torture; U.S. military awaiting positive ID from DNA
    NBC News and news services
    Updated: 2 hours, 6 minutes ago
    BAGHDAD, Iraq - The bodies of two U.S. soldiers reported captured last week have been found and the men appear to have been “killed in a barbaric way,” a senior Iraqi general said Tuesday. A statement posted on a militant Islamic Web site said the two men were killed by the new leader of al-Qaida in Iraq.

U.S. Maj. Gen. William Caldwell said the remains, found late Monday by American troops, were believed to be those of Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, and Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, of Madras, Ore.

Caldwell said the cause of death was “undeterminable at this point,” and that DNA tests would be conducted to confirm the identities.

The two disappeared after an insurgent attack Friday at a checkpoint by a Euphrates River canal south of Baghdad and near the town of Youssifiyah. Spc. David J. Babineau, 25, of Springfield, Mass., was killed. The checkpoint was in the Sunni Arab region known as the “Triangle of Death” because of frequent ambushes there of U.S. soldiers and Iraqi troops.

The three men were assigned to the 1st Battalion, 502nd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 101st Airborne Division from Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

'Barbaric' deaths
    The director of the Iraqi defense military’s operation room, Maj. Gen. Abdul-Aziz Mohammed, said the bodies showed signs of having been tortured. “With great regret, they were killed in a barbaric way,” he said.

Mohammed also said the two bodies were found on a street near Youssifiyah. The U.S. military could not confirm that account.

The bodies are to be flown to the military’s forensics lab in Dover, Del., for autopsies and to make positive identifications, U.S. military officials said. Any formal declaration of death will be withheld until the bodies are positively identified.

U.S. soldiers found the bodies based on a tip from a reliable Iraqi source, military officials told NBC News. U.S. forces had to literally fight their way to the bodies; enemy forces laid a series of improvised explosive devices, also known as IEDs, on the primary route to the bodies.

“The news is going to be heartbreaking for my family,” Ken MacKenzie, Menchaca’s uncle, told NBC’s “Today” show. He said the United States should have paid a ransom from money seized from Saddam Hussein.

“I think the U.S. was too slow to react to this. Because the U.S. did not have a plan in place, my nephew has paid with his life.”

Claims of kidnapping, killing
    On Monday, the Mujahedeen Shura Council said it was holding two U.S. privates captive and taunted the U.S. military for failing to find the soldiers despite a search involving more than 8,000 Iraqi and American troops.

A statement posted on a militant Islamic Web site Tuesday said the new leader of al-Qaida in Iraq killed the soldiers.

The statement, which could not be authenticated, said the two soldiers were “slaughtered,” suggesting they had been beheaded. The Arabic word used in the statement, “nahr,” is used for the slaughtering of sheep by cutting the throat and has been used in past statements to refer to beheadings.

U.S. officials believe the new leader is Abu Ayyub al-Masri, the chief bombmaker for al-Qaida in Iraq. NBC VIDEO

The group offered no video, identification cards or other evidence to prove that they kidnapped or killed the soldiers. The group had vowed to seek revenge for the June 7 killing of Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq, in a U.S. airstrike.

The council also said it was responsible for the June 3 kidnapping of four Russian Embassy workers. The two separate postings could not be authenticated, but they appeared on a Web site known for publishing messages from insurgent groups in Iraq.

Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman, when asked about the claim by the Shura Council that it was holding the soldiers, said: “We have no independent confirmation of that report.”

Ahmed Khalaf Falah, a farmer, has told The Associated Press that he witnessed seven masked gunmen seize the soldiers near Youssifiyah, about 12 miles south of Baghdad.

Maybe a few guys being held at Gitmo should be 'used' to send a message to the 'mujjies'. Turn about is fair play.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: G.I.s Killed

Maybe a few guys being held at Gitmo should be 'used' to send a message to the 'mujjies'. Turn about is fair play.
    what do you mean by this.
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What is good for the goose is good for the gander.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by meepzorb View Post
    What is good for the goose is good for the gander.

Huh? again what do you mean by this and that
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    seeker_of_ilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

what do you mean by this.

I'm guessing he's saying that the US should do to the Detainees at Gitmo...what the fighters in Iraq do to the US soldiers?
    chat Quote

KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aren't Muslims supposed to treat their prisoners of war with respect?

Or are those that captured these American soldiers not Muslims?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It was their own fault they knew the risks they joined the army they went to war wasn't gonna be a picknick.*Want to blame someone blame the US goverment.
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    Aren't Muslims supposed to treat their prisoners of war with respect?

Or are those that captured these American soldiers not Muslims?

Muslims ARE supposed to treat prisoners of war with respect, and Islam teaches this. However these people weren't acting in accordance with Islam.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm View Post

I'm guessing he's saying that the US should do to the Detainees at Gitmo...what the fighters in Iraq do to the US soldiers?

Not sure if they were taken as prisoners but what happened could've been avoided a simple kill would've done the job.
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    KAding's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Atheism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It was their own fault they knew the risks they joined the army they went to war wasn't gonna be a picknick.*Want to blame someone blame the US goverment.
    So you think those who captured these soldiers did not act against Islamic teachings?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not sure if they were taken as prisoners but what happened could've been avoided a simple kill would've done the job.

reported captured last week
    They are claimed to have been taken prisoners.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by KAding View Post
    So you think those who captured these soldiers did not act against Islamic teachings?

Those words never came out my mouth, they're alot of things that group does that's against islam.
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So if the U.S., say, flies a helicopter over Ramadi and pushes out a few Gitmo guys to splat all over town, that would be cool because they knew what they were in for when they took up arms ? That would be a pretty strong message. :thankyou:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So if the U.S., say, flies a helicopter over Ramadi and pushes out a few Gitmo guys to splat all over town, that would be cool because they knew what they were in for when they took up arms ? That would be a pretty strong message. :thankyou:

It wouldn't be cool, lets say for a sec they're guilty and they did take up arms then they would know what they're in four and expect tough times ahead.
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It'd also be stupid. I hate this revenge crap "you did this to my people, so i'ma nuke yer backside". If you don't want your soldiers to die, then pull them out of Iraq.
    G.I.s Killed

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

....they would know what they're in four and expect tough times ahead.

Getting your head sawed off while still alive is a little more than a 'tough times...' I still like the helicopter idea. As we say in baseball, that would be a hell of a 'message pitch'.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Getting your head sawed off while still alive is a little more than a 'tough times...' I still like the helicopter idea. As we say in baseball, that would be a hell of a 'message pitch'.

With all due respect, that is a rubbish idea. So because beheading is inhumane, you fight it with something equally, if not more inhumane? I don't see much logic in that.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You wanna live for ever don't go to war simple as stay in watch CNN play "Call of duty".
    G.I.s Killed

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by seeker_of_ilm View Post
    ....that is a rubbish idea. So because beheading is inhumane, you fight it with something equally, if not more inhumane? I don't see much logic in that.

Sometime you have to 'stoop' a little.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sometime you have to 'stoop' a little.
    Is that you Bob?
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! G.I.s Killed Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. G.I.s Killed