× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 55 visibility 8449

Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....

Report bad ads?

Since the beginning of the world cup there has been a rise in the number of people flying the English flag in a desperate attempt to regain national pride. The problem is that this has also become very common within the Muslim community. The call for integration has affected some Muslims to the extent whereby they have gone out of their way to become more acceptable to the Englishman. They too in order to show their solidarity and moderation have flown the English flag over their homes and on their cars, most often not knowing the history behind it.

The national flag of England (otherwise known as the St George flag) bears the blood red cross symbolizing the patron saint of England; St George. This flag was adopted as the uniform for English soldiers during the Crusades against the Muslims of the eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth centuries and was the flag held by the Christians when marching into battle against the Muslims. At the Church of St. George in Fordington, England, there is a sculpture of St. George on a horse leading the Crusaders to victory at the Battle of Antioch (June 1098); his flag bearing the cross.

It is important to note that the Christian crusades were launched at the Council of Clermont in France, on November 27, 1095 by Pope Urban II in order to fight against the Muslims and gain authority over them, believing that this was gods work. These bloodthirsty crusaders waged a brutal and savage attack against the Muslims killing anyone in sight be it men, women or children resulting in mass killing and bloodshed. They un-relentlessly tortured and mutilated Muslims with blood flowing up their knees in the lands of al-Quds without care showing their barbarity and hatred for the Muslims. This ‘war of the cross’ was fought under the banner of Christianity with the red-blood cross as their emblem. These crusades did not stop, in fact up until now we see how the Christians of Europe and their illegitimate children in America have once again allied to fight against the Muslims in order to gain power and authority over us with the aim of destroying our belief. They too believe that they are doing gods work in the service of Christ, even the likes of Bush claim to have received instruction from god telling him to launch a crusade against the Muslims. Bush being the bloodthirsty crusader at the forefront with the cross held high whilst the others follow on behind.

Today this flag is widely used in England as a symbol of national pride and identity more commonly during sporting competitions like the football world cup. The sad reality is that many Muslims too have taken up this flag and chosen to display it as a symbol of their support for the English. They seem to be oblivious to the fact that not only does it represent the blood thirsty Christian crusades waged against the Muslims but also the Christian cross which is a symbol of the incorrect belief that Jesus was crucified on it.

Allah (swt) says in the Quran; And because of their saying (in boast), "We killed Messiah 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allah," - but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man), and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. [4:157]

Many Muslims have as a result of their ignorance displayed this flag in their houses, shops, cars and even on themselves without knowing the implications of it. The common response from ignorant Muslims is to say; ‘I only support the football team that’s why I’ve got it’ without even taking into consideration the implications of this act. Most often it is these same people who during the cricket world cup will not hesitate to raise the Pakistani or Bengali flag for the same reason. Yet this is not a valid excuse as is the case if someone was to wear a Jewish skullcap, the Sikh bangle, or any other such religious symbol. In fact to do such a thing is in itself an act of kufr as this is showing support, acceptance and reverence to their religious symbols. The fact of the matter is that the English flag is not just a symbol of support for a football team, rather it contains the Christian cross and carries a history of brutality towards the Muslims. It is reported that Ayesha (ra) said: “The Prophet (saw) would not leave anything in his house on which there was a cross but he would alter it.” [Bukhari]

And when uday bin haatim (who used to be a christian before Islam) mistakenly wore a cross out of habit, the prophet (saw) ordered him, “throw this wathn (idol) from your neck!”

Furthermore the Messenger of Allah (saw) said; “whoever imitates a people is one of them”. Imitating the kuffar in their deen is an act of kufr and this is what holding up, waving or displaying the Christian cross (i.e. the St George Flag) amounts to.

We call upon all Muslims to take heed from this message and to remove any flags they may posses however big or small and to advise others to do the same, be they neighbours, family, relatives or friends.

http://www.alghurabaa.co.uk/Deen/walaa_baraa/flag.htm

any comments inshalah...

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.

2. Report bad ads?
    SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....

Asalam alaikum.

Seriously,if any sane muslim out there is affected by this article,i suggest they seek professional help.

The crusades happened decades ago.

Times have changed,the world has moved on.

And if you havent (not speaking directly TO you sis,im speaking in general terms),then like i suggested,seek professional help.

wa'salaam.
    rpg001 - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....
    Last edited by SirZubair; 06-24-2006 at 08:48 PM.

wwwislamicboardcom - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It is narrated by Abu Da'wud that the Messenger of Allah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) said,

"He is not one us who calls for `Asabiyyah, (nationalism/tribalism) or who fights for `Asabiyyah or who dies for `Asabiyyah." And in another Hadith, the Messenger of Allah (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) referring to nationalism, racism, and patriotism said:

"Leave it, it is rotten." [Muslim and Bukhari]

The Prohibition of Nationalism in Islam
    http://www.islamicboard.com/basics-i...ht=nationalism

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post
    Asalam alaikum.

Seriously,if any sane muslim out there is affected by this article,i suggest they seek professional help.

The crusades happened decades ago.

Times have changed,the world has moved on.

And if you havent (not speaking directly TO you sis,im speaking in general terms),then like i suggested,seek professional help.

wa'salaam.

But still it's disrespect to our brothers who are shaheed due to their jihad against the crusaders they can support the team as much as they want but it makes me sick to see muslims kissing the flag and placing it one their cars with such pride.

The Ummah

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And we wonder why the world doesnt take us seriously.

Hmm.

I can't quite put my finger on it... rpg003 - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....
    Last edited by SirZubair; 06-24-2006 at 08:48 PM.

wwwislamicboardcom - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm.

I can't quite put my finger on it...

Beats me If I was Calipha with the will of allah the whole dunya would take muslim seriously.

The Ummah

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dreams are free

Wa'salaam

-Zubair
    rpg014 - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....
    Last edited by SirZubair; 06-24-2006 at 08:49 PM.

azim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm.

I can't quite put my finger on it...
    Asalamu alaykum sister.

I understand your point that we shouldn't dwell on past events or hold grudges for centuries.

However, as brother Fi_Sabilillah pointed out, nationalism is nothing something which Muslims should participate in. That should be reason enough to leave it.

Also, we should remember it is forbidden to wear or show the symbols of another religion. We are Muslim and we should ensure that we are obviously Muslim in this life so that insha'Allah, we are recognised as Muslim in the hereafter.

That said: St. George was a Palestinian...

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dreams are free

Wa'salaam

-Zubair

Ambition can be made reality I see too much Hyprocracy in the ummah this is our weakness, we lack real men.

The Ummah

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A real man is one who dwells over the past?

In that case,the Ummah has more men than it needs.. rpg017 - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A real man is one who dwells over the past?

In that case,the Ummah has more men than it needs..

A real man is one who has loyalty to his brothers wheather he be dead or alive or span centuries and also learn from the past, but right know we have arm chair imams who feel the urge to speak of topics that suit the kufar and put them at ease in case they get accused of being an extreamist and loose the beloved "Green Card" but won't even mention the things allah has commanded us to do and comdem anyone who speaks of them. WILL THE REAL MEN STAND UP!

The Ummah

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well,i am one of the few who chose to move on.

Call me daisy.

wa'salaam. rpg024 - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The england flag no longer holds any meaning to the crusades. Ask anyone from the teen-age to good ol' pensioners about the history of the flag, and they'll reply "duh....thinking".

Now, i'm not saying that the cusades didn't happen, no, neither am I saying many muslims were not killed. What I am saying, which is actually reiterating what SirZubair said, is: it's in the past - let it go.

You can't change the past, but you can influence your future.

p.s; loyalty to the dead is meaningless - loyalty to what they died for is not.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

The england flag no longer holds any meaning to the crusades. Ask anyone from the teen-age to good ol' pensioners about the history of the flag, and they'll reply "duh....thinking".

Now, i'm not saying that the cusades didn't happen, no, neither am I saying many muslims were not killed. What I am saying, which is actually reiterating what SirZubair said, is: it's in the past - let it go.

You can't change the past, but you can influence your future.

p.s; loyalty to the dead is meaningless - loyalty to what they died for is not.

Thats beacuse they don't know if they knew the history then they'd probably give a diffrent answer.

The Ummah

18. Report bad ads?
    MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

OH NO,i am one of them ! *Hides*
    Oh you noticed brothers are generally weirdos too? Lol, I would be ashamed too!
    Anyway, I really hate nationalism and that kind of obsessive pride, so I don't appreciate people waving anything other than the flag of Islam. You can love your country, but nationalism is a different kind of thing.
    Just my humble opinion.
    W'salaam

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

Thats beacuse they don't know if they knew the history then they'd probably give a diffrent answer.
    Don't know or don't care? From what I have seen, it is the latter.

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

Trumble's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Buddhist
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by helena View Post

Since the beginning of the world cup there has been a rise in the number of people flying the English flag in a desperate attempt to regain national pride.
    Complete drivel.

I didn't know we had lost "national pride". What we have actually seen is a large number of people displaying the flag to signify support for the English team in the World Cup.

They too in order to show their solidarity and moderation have flown the English flag over their homes and on their cars, most often not knowing the history behind it.
    No, they too, being English, are just showing support for the English team in the World Cup.

The national flag of England (otherwise known as the St George flag) bears the blood red cross
    In the same way the French flag bears a "blood" red stripe, and the Chinese flag is virtually all "blood" red?

This flag was adopted as the uniform for English soldiers during the Crusades against the Muslims of the eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth centuries and was the flag held by the Christians when marching into battle against the Muslims.
    And its hardly likely to be changed now. Only history buffs and the odd movie fan would even be aware of the association any more.

Today this flag is widely used in England as a symbol of national pride and identity more commonly during sporting competitions like the football world cup.
    It's rarely used in any context except sports where England has a seperate team from Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland (who display their own flags with equal "mational pride"). The flag of the United Kingdom, the Union Jack, is much more common other contexts.

The sad reality is that many Muslims too have taken up this flag and chosen to display it as a symbol of their support for the English.
    Why cannot they display "support for the English" if they ARE English?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

So how many of you would anyone go out dressed like the "KKK" Why not may I ask? Even though they aint that well known anymore like they were back in the day History is History and has a meaning!

The Ummah

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post
    So how many of you would anyone go out dressed like the "KKK" Why not may I ask? Even though they aint that well known anymore like they were back in the day History is History and has a meaning!
    Let me know when you start being serious.

Because the above statement is a laugh. rpg028 - Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....
    Last edited by SirZubair; 06-24-2006 at 08:50 PM.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Let me know when you start being serious.

Because the above statement is a laugh.

Answer the question please.

The Ummah

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea.... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Flying the Flag for England? wots the flag rrepresenting? have any idea....