× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: Which is the best continent to live in?

Voters
71. Login to vote on this poll
  • Africa

12 16.90%
  • Asia

27 38.03%
  • Australia

3 4.23%
  • Europe

12 16.90%
  • North America

13 18.31%
  • South America

1 1.41%
  • Antarctica

3 4.23%
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 68 visibility 13312

Best continent to live in?

manaal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Which continent do you think is the best one to live in? Vote and say why you feel so.
    I'm not including antarctica because I seriously doubt that there are any penguin members in this forum. (though from where I come from we playfully refer to women in black abayah and white scarves as penguins!!!!)

2. Report bad ads?
    AbdulHaq's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Best continent to live in?

Why is Asia conidered to be only one continent?

Racism!

Isn't it?

I can't wait till all the borders of the world are gone, and all the nationalistic flags are burned, and Islam is the established around the world.
    Peace and Justice.

Quran 61:9
    "He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad SAW) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islâmic Monotheism) to make it victorious over all (other) religions even though the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh and in His Messenger Muhammed SAW) hate (it)."

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AbdulHaq View Post

Why is Asia conidered to be only one continent?

Racism!

Isn't it?

You want Asia to be broken into several parts? What's it to do with racism?

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by manaal View Post
    You want Asia to be broken into several parts? What's it to do with racism?

I really dont care what they call it,
    I just thought how they could call a huge, very diverse area like Asia one place.
    In school, i had this teacher, who complained, that Europe should be more than one continent because it is so diverse!, lol, OK, cool. HELLO, have you seen ASIA or Africa lady!
    Ever since that day, i realized that they think that it is Europe, and then other. thats what i mean by racism, i guess.
    These boundaries dont mean anything anyway. Islam came to create brotherhood among all peoples.
    i'm sure this is not the point of your post, these are just some thoughts i have in my head.
    and i wanted to get them out. lol

6. Report bad ads?
    Tariq Baker's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can't wait till all the borders of the world are gone, and all the nationalistic flags are burned, and Islam is the established around the world.
    Peace and Justice.
    Soon, Isha'Allah, soon we all pray. This world would be such a better place for us all!

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I really dont care what they call it,
    I just thought how they could call a huge, very diverse area like Asia one place.
    In school, i had this teacher, who complained, that Europe should be more than one continent because it is so diverse!, lol, OK, cool. HELLO, have you seen ASIA or Africa lady!
    Ever since that day, i realized that they think that it is Europe, and then other. thats what i mean by racism, i guess.
    These boundaries dont mean anything anyway. Islam came to create brotherhood among all peoples.
    i'm sure this is not the point of your post, these are just some thoughts i have in my head.
    and i wanted to get them out. lol
    I get your point, i guess that's why Asia has its sub-parts such as: South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East etc. Shows diversity. You won't vote?

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by manaal View Post
    You won't vote?
    I'd vote, but i dont know where to live, lol
    i live in North America, i would like to live elsewhere, but i dont know where to go.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

By definition a continent is a large undivided land mass surrounded on all sides by ocean. By acceptance Greenland is the largest Island and Australia is the smallest contenent. Technicaly Europe and Asia form a single continent, because they are land masses not seperated by oceans. Also North and South America should have been one continent because they are not seperated by any Oceans. The term continent today is more loosely used and you get terms like sub-continent etc.

With that said I am happy with North America, because we have all the diversity as can be found in all the other continents. Even without leaving Texas I can visit, sea sides, tropical rain forests, mountains, deserts etc. and find communities of people from virtualy any religious, ethnic, language, political or racial background.

In many ways each of our States is a seperate country. There are many differences between each state and with the larger States much diversity within. If I am not happy with one area I can up and move. We do have our political battles between the states, but the civil wars are now fought with votes instead of bullets. There are many things I do not like about the USA, but I can use my vote and help fire the people I feel are not doing what I want.

I do not like the large cities, but there is still plenty of room out in the open spaces.

I do not have to like or support the policies made in Washington I just have to obey what becomes law, I am free to peacefully protest what I don't like and I can vote and urge others to vote.

Herman 1 - Best continent to live in?

brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    By definition a continent is a large undivided land mass surrounded on all sides by ocean. By acceptance Greenland is the largest Island and Australia is the smallest contenent. Technicaly Europe and Asia form a single continent, because they are land masses not seperated by oceans. Also North and South America should have been one continent because they are not seperated by any Oceans. The term continent today is more loosely used and you get terms like sub-continent etc.

With that said I am happy with North America, because we have all the diversity as can be found in all the other continents. Even without leaving Texas I can visit, sea sides, tropical rain forests, mountains, deserts etc. and find communities of people from virtualy any religious, ethnic, language, political or racial background.

In many ways each of our States is a seperate country. There are many differences between each state and with the larger States much diversity within. If I am not happy with one area I can up and move. We do have our political battles between the states, but the civil wars are now fought with votes instead of bullets. There are many things I do not like about the USA, but I can use my vote and help fire the people I feel are not doing what I want.

I do not like the large cities, but there is still plenty of room out in the open spaces.

I do not have to like or support the policies made in Washington I just have to obey what becomes law, I am free to peacefully protest what I don't like and I can vote and urge others to vote.

Voting has never gotten anyone anywhere in the USA. It has never helped the Native American Community, and it has not helped the African American Community.
    First off, Democracy is Shirk, because sovereignty belongs to Allah (swt), not the people
    Sedondly, as a system, i dont think democracy works on such a large scale, it might be ok on a smaller scale, like for a small city. (this is just my opinion)
    Peace

12. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Voting has never gotten anyone anywhere in the USA. It has never helped the Native American Community, and it has not helped the African American Community.
    First off, Democracy is Shirk, because sovereignty belongs to Allah (swt), not the people
    Sedondly, as a system, i dont think democracy works on such a large scale, it might be ok on a smaller scale, like for a small city. (this is just my opinion)
    Peace
    Salaam Brother,

I can understand where you are coming from. It is a difficult thing for people to understand how each state can have it's own laws and governing bodies and still be considered a part of the same country. The main laws we need to obey are local and the Feds have little impact on us unless a local government passes laws that take away the rights of any person or group. In many ways the USA is 50 seperate countries, each unique. We are only united in the name of mutual defence.

"First off, Democracy is Shirk, because sovereignty belongs to Allah (swt), not the people"

Interesting concept, yet a people can only freely acknowledge Allah's sovereignity if the majority of the people agree to it. Yes, it can be forced on the populace under a monarchy or inherited government, but then that violates the concept of no compulsion in Religion.

Herman 1 - Best continent to live in?

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

north america - for the same reasons woodrow mentioned.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Best continent to live in?

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'd vote, but i dont know where to live, lol
    i live in North America, i would like to live elsewhere, but i dont know where to go.
    Lots of people tell me that Malaysia is a beautiful and peaceful country for Muslims to live in. Its one of the places in "HAve to visit countries" list.

F.Y.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I dont think we can all comment on which one is the best one to live in, unless we have lived and experienced all of them. If we havent lived in all continents, we are naturally going to say we love either the continent we were born in or living in presently.
    That's what I think. And we cannot directly compare two continents because there are pros and cons about each continent.
    What are the criteria we use to judge which continent is 'best'?

Peace

wwwislamicboardcom - Best continent to live in?

“Verily passion turns kings into slaves, and patience turns slaves into kings…Do you not see the story of Yusuf and Zulaykha?”

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ermmmm.. richness in natural resources, peace, spread of Islam, beauty...

anymore?

18. Report bad ads?
    iLL_LeaT's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I’m saying Asia because I watched a 60 minutes special on Bhutan, and I think I would move there if I could.

How can you go wrong when the development policy is called “Gross National Happiness?”

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

where dat?

~;~ :s

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I would vote for NEWZEALAND,...but its not on the list.

so im voting for australia,..because they are lucky enough to be my neighbours...

wwwislamicboardcom - Best continent to live in?
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

noshaba's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: Best continent to live in?

although i voted for europe i believe that wherever someone lives it should be the same 4 them because they are the same person all over the place and their heart should make them feel at ease...not their surroundings....ALLAH is everywhere!

Tariq Baker's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I too love America. But, I do wish---maybe totally selfish on my part--Isha'Allah, that we did have an Islamic government to help shape the declining morals of this country and bring more of my countrymen to Allah (swt). There is so much good about America, I just hate to see it condemned to the grave instead of headed to Paradise.

Please note, I am not advocating a violent overthrow of the government, but maybe one day, as our numbers grow, we can have more brothers and sisters in positions where they can help change policies and practices.

As much as I do love this country, I guess my biggest problem is with all the temptations and unright influences in this 'Christian' country, I struggle to keep my faith. So, I would be willing to relocate (if the means were available, Isha'Allah) to an Islamic country. Any suggestions and advice about where to and how to relocate?

24. Report bad ads?
    Abdulwaheed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've lived in Africa and am currently residing in Australia. i prefer Australia so far, but i want to experience living somewhere like malaysia or indonesia

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Best continent to live in? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Best continent to live in?