× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 43 visibility 7775

The Profound Teachings of the Prophet!

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb The Profound Teachings of the Prophet!

Report bad ads?

The Profound Teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him)

"I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning"
    ~Prophet Muhammad

Many people these days wonder what the teachings of Islam are; what better way to find out than to turn to the words of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh himself? Following are 51 prophetic sayings to provide the reader with a glimpse of his teachings in every aspect of life:

Spirituality
    The Prophet said: 'Wealth does not come from having great riches; (true) wealth is contentment of the soul.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Cognizance
    The Prophet said: 'The similitude of the one who contemplates his Lord versus the one who does not is that of the living versus the dead.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Sincerity
    The Prophet said: 'Actions will be judged according to their intentions.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Mercy
    The Prophet said: 'Show mercy to those on earth so that He who is in heaven will have mercy on you.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Gentleness
    The Prophet said: 'Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Forgiveness
    The Prophet said: 'Whoever suffers an injury done to him and forgives (the person responsible), Allah will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Virtue
    The Prophet said: 'Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Justice
    The Prophet said: 'The most virtuous jihâd is when one speaks a word of truth before an unjust ruler.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

Civility
    The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Honesty
    The Prophet said: 'Honesty leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man remains honest and concerned about honesty until he is recorded as an honest man with Allah. Lying leads to sinfulness and sinfulness leads to the Fire. A man keeps lying and remains partial to lies until he is recorded as a liar with Allah.' (Sahîh Bukharî, Sahîh Muslim)

Tolerance
    Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his companions remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim, Sunan An-Nasâ'&#238

A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him alone, let him finish and pour water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Equality
    The Prophet said: 'There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for a fair-skinned person over a person with dark skin, nor for a dark-skinned person over a person with fair skin. Whoever is more pious and God-fearing is more deserving of honour.' (Musnad Ahmad)

Gratitude
    The Prophet said: 'Contemplate those who have less than you and not those who have more than you, lest you belittle the favors of Allah conferred upon you'. (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Simplicity
    The Prophet said: 'What is little but sufficient is better than that which is abundant but causes heedlessness.' (Sahîh Ibn Hibbân)

Humility
    The Prophet said: 'God has revealed to me that you must be humble, so that no one oppresses another and boasts over another.' (Sahîh Muslim, Sunan Abî Dawûd)

Generosity
    The Prophet said: 'The food of two people is enough for three, and the food of three people is enough for four.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Appreciation
    The Prophet said: 'Whoever does not thank people (for their favors) has not thanked Allah (properly), Mighty and Glorious is He!' (Musnad Ahmad, Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Calmness
    The Prophet said: 'Calmness and determination is from Allah and haste is from Satan.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Patience
    The Prophet said: 'No one can give a better or more abundant gift than patience.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Perseverance
    The Prophet said: 'There is no clement person who has not stumbled, nor is there no wise person who possesses no experience.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Mustadarak Al-Hâkim)

Nonjudgemental
    The Prophet said: 'Do not search for (the faults of others), for if anyone searches for (others) faults, God will search for his.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)

Selfcritical
    The Prophet said: 'Blessed is he who preoccupies himself with his own defects, rather than those of others.' (Musnad Al-Bazzâr)

Advice
    The Prophet said: 'Make things easy (for people) and do not make them difficult, and cheer people up and do not drive them away.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Moderation
    The Prophet said: 'The religion (of Islam) is easy. No one ever made it difficult without it becoming too much for him. So avoid extremes and strike a balance, do the best you can and be cheerful, and seek Allah's help (through prayer) in the morning, and evening, and part of the night.' (Sahîh Bukhâr&#238

Charity
    The Prophet said: 'Charity (sadaqah) is due upon every joint of a person on every day that the sun rises. Administering justice between two people is an act of charity; and to help a man concerning his riding beast by helping him on to it or lifting his luggage on to it is an act of charity; a good word is charity; and every step which you take to prayer is charity; and removing that which is harmful from the road is charity.' (Sahîh Bukhâr&#238

Community
    The Prophet said: 'The believer is not the one who eats his fill when the neighbour beside him is hungry.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaq&#238

Affability
    The Prophet said: 'The believer is one who is sociable [with others], and there is no benefit in one who is not sociable [with others] nor in one who is not met sociably [by them].' (Mustadarak Al-Hâkim, Shu'ab al-Îmân Al-Bayhaq&#238

Business Ethics
    The Prophet said: 'A truthful and trustworthy merchant will be in the company of the prophets, the very truthful, and the martyrs.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ad-Dârimî, Sunan Ad-Dâraqutn&#238

Employment
    The Prophet said: 'Pay the laborer his due before his sweat dries.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

Leadership
    The Prophet said: 'On a journey, the leader of the group is their servant.' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaq&#238

Reliability
    The Prophet said: 'He who does not keep his trusts lacks in faith and he who does not keep his agreements lacks in religion'. (Shu'ab Al-Îmân Al-Bayhaq&#238

Accountability
    The Prophet said: 'The burden of proof is upon the plaintiff and the taking of oath is upon the defendant.' (Sunan Al-Bayhaq&#238

Responsibility
    The Prophet said: 'Each one of you is a guardian and is responsible for what he is entrusted with.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Morality
    The Prophet said: 'The most perfect of the believers in faith are the best of them in moral excellence, and the best of you are the kindest to their wives. (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Nobility
    The Prophet said: 'None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignoble treats women disgracefully.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Unity
    The Prophet said: 'Believers are like a single person; if his eye is in pain his whole body pains, and if his head is in pain his whole body pains.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Family
    The Prophet said: 'The best of you is the one who is best to his own family, and I am the best of you towards my family.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)
    The Prophet said: 'He is not one of us who does not show mercy to our little ones and respect to our elders.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

Efficiency
    The Prophet said: 'There are two blessings that many people fail to make the most of: good health and free time.' (Sahîh Bukhâr&#238

Education
    The Prophet said: 'Seeking knowledge is a religious obligation for every Muslim (male or female).' (Sunan Ibn Mâjah, Sunan Al-Bayhaq&#238

Inquiry
    The Prophet said: 'The cure for ignorance is to question.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)

Vigilance
    The Prophet said: 'A believer is not stung from the same hole twice.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Discipline
    The Prophet said: 'The wise one is he who has subdued his lower self and has prepared for what follows death. And the foolish one is he who has placed his lower self in pursuance of its desires and has vain hopes about Allah.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

Modesty
    The Prophet said: 'Modesty is part of faith.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Beauty
    The Prophet said: 'Allah is beautiful and loves beauty.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Hygiene
    The Prophet said: 'Purity and cleanliness is part of faith.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Diet
    The Prophet said: 'There is no vessel worse for the son of Adam to fill than his stomach. A few morsels are sufficient for him. If he is to consume more then a third is for his food, a third for his drink, and a third for air.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

Nature
    The Prophet said: 'If a Muslim plants a seedling or cultivates a field, whenever a bird a human or an animal eats of it, it will be counted as a charity for him.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Animals
    The Prophet said: 'Anyone who kills even a sparrow for no reason (should know that) it will cry alound to Allah on the Day of the Resurrection, saying, "O my Lord! So-and-so killed me just for fun; he killed me for no reason!" ' (Sunan An-Nasâ'&#238

A'isha said: 'I was once riding a difficult (slow-moving) camel, so I kept hitting it. When the Prophet saw me, he said: 'Be gentle, for gentleness adorns everything in which it is found, and its absence leaves everything tainted.' (Musnad Ahmad)

Is there any other leader who has blessed his followers with guidance and teachings so comprehensive and profound? This is why we love our Prophet, Muhammad, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.

Many more quotes on my personal page:
    http://www.islamicboard.com/userpage.php?userid=49

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Words of the Prophet

AsalamuAlaykum,

jazakhala, very useful, including the one in your signature.

May Allah bless you.

WalaykumSalaam.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B View Post
    AsalamuAlaykum,

jazakhala, very useful, including the one in your signature.

May Allah bless you.

WalaykumSalaam.

JazakAllah khayr; I think we need to raise awareness of the teachings of the Prophet saws, especially in a time when there is so much ignorance and misconceptions.

"Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah definately, ignorance part especially, me included, sometimes you try and make things 'right' just cause you want it to be, even though your well aware of what the prophet (s.a.w) taught us through his sunnah. It's difficult i guess,

The Prophet said: 'No one can give a better or more abundant gift than patience.' (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

I think i'll just have sabr till Allah shows me a way out of that one

InshaAllah

AsalamuAlaykum.

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hmm I was surprised about the cursing, I mean I knew it was there but never that it says 'The Muslim'

and then we see people cursin even here.

pfft

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalamuAlaykum,

dun like people who curse...grr...

The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-Tirmidh&#238

^^ that's been my e-mail signature for ages, helped me to memorise it

ohh check this site our has a lot of hadiths,

http://www.convertstoislam.com/Hadith/hadith.html

And btw are sayings of the prophet only hadith and not what other people say?

WalaykumSalaam.

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah View Post
    Hmm I was surprised about the cursing, I mean I knew it was there but never that it says 'The Muslim'

and then we see people cursin even here.
    Hence why I had that hadith as my signature for an entire year; you may remember seeing:

167 how allah sends blessings prophet px419x nmosque1?d1121533358 - The Profound Teachings of the Prophet!

The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely."
    (Tirmidhi)
    format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B View Post
    ohh check this site our has a lot of hadiths,

http://www.convertstoislam.com/Hadith/hadith.html
    Two things to note about it:
    1. It mentions that hadith cannot contradict the Qur'an, which is true, but it is not up to the layman to determine according to their own limited understanding what they think is correct and what isn't; this has already been done by the scholars of hadith, hence if a Muslim is confused about a hadith they should go to the people of knowledge to find out about it.
    2. The narrations on that site have been provided without any source.
    And btw are sayings of the prophet only hadith and not what other people say?
    A saying of the companion about the Prophet saws or relating some information from the Prophet saws can still be called a hadith as often is the case. Quotes from companions or subsequent Muslim generations are normally called aathaar (sing. athar).

chat Quote

seek.learn's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam o alaikum,

Beautiful. JazakAllah u khairun for sharing it.

May Allah(SWT) grant us the strength and guide us, into emulating our Prophet(SAWS) and acting upon his wise words. Aameen.

Alaikum Salaam

"Do ye enjoin right conduct on the people, and forget (To practise it) yourselves, and yet ye study the Scripture? Will ye not understand?" [2:44]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here is another excellent link where you can read all about the character of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh and find out just exactly who he was:
    http://islamtoday.com/show_sub_secti...3&sub_cat_id=0

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother Ansar

MashaAllah very beneficial and beautiful sharing.....:rose: :rose:

AND another post to share with the other forum with your permision, InshaAllah

Jazaak ALLAH khayr...:sister:

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - The Profound Teachings of the Prophet!

khayal 2 - The Profound Teachings of the Prophet!

chat Quote

Taqiyah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A/c/w
    mashaAllah Thanks brother...:thankyou: This is really helpful for me I am even gonna print it out Thanks again..........May Allah bless yah!!:sister:

You have got to get up every morning with determination if you want to go to bed with satisfaction
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've added a hadith on tolerance, one on virture and one on humility. I want to add this one too but I can't think of a good heading:

The Prophet said: 'Do not search for (the faults of others), for if anyone searches for (others) faults, God will search for his.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd)

Is there a word for not being critical of others?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazakallah Khair akhee!! Very informative and helpful!
    chat Quote

Khattab's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazzakallah Khairun, Excellent post.

"Lo! the Hour is surely coming, there is no doubt thereof; yet most of mankind believe not." (Al-Ghafir:59)
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I couldn't decide between the two hadiths I had on tolerance, so I have added them both, the new one being:
    A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him alone, let him finish and pour water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

chat Quote

rubiesand's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar al-'Adl
    I want to add this one too but I can't think of a good heading:

How about agreeableness?

And Masha Allah such a nice thread!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand View Post
    How about agreeableness?
    format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude View Post
    How about: No dissin'

Serious suggestion: 'Critical Reservation'?
    I'm looking for something that means 'willingness to overlook the faults of others'. I'm sure there must be some word in the english language for it.
    format_quote Originally Posted by rubiesand
    And Masha Allah such a nice thread!
    JazakAllah khayr.

If anyone has any other ideas and ahadith that could be added to the list, let me know inshaa'Allah,

chat Quote

azim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl View Post

I've added a hadith on tolerance, one on virture and one on humility. I want to add this one too but I can't think of a good heading:

Masha'allah - good thread bro!!

Um.. 'accepting' may be a possibility. 'Courtly' perhaps. I'm so sure theres a word in English which sums up 'not looking for the faults of others' but I just can't seem to think of it.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I added one on community and one on morality.

format_quote Originally Posted by azim View Post
    I'm so sure theres a word in English which sums up 'not looking for the faults of others' but I just can't seem to think of it.
    Same here - I know there's got to be some word that captures that meaning perfectly.

Thanks Alpha Dude for your suggestions but I think I'll keep looking, inshaa'Allah. None of them capture the exact meaning I'm looking for.

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Anyone else have an idea for:
    format_quote Originally Posted by Ansar Al-'Adl View Post
    I'm looking for something that means 'willingness to overlook the faults of others'. I'm sure there must be some word in the english language for it.

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! The Profound Teachings of the Prophet! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Profound Teachings of the Prophet!