• No

39 76.47%
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 117 visibility 11542

Did you do the 2mins Silence for the 7/7 Victims

Sis786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

We just done our 2 mins at work and im kinda overcome with emotion and i feel really sad, but i used that 2 mins to pray for those that passed away and prayed for peace.

I think that those aint should it is a nice way of uniting!
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Did you do the 2mins Silence for the 7/7 Victims

I saw it but didn't do the silence thing

The Ummah
    chat Quote

aakhirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There was a 2 mins silent at 12pm in the reception area at my workplace. In my opinion, the desk sufficed but I waited to see what the others around me would do (after all, I have to show I'm integrating!). Luckily, most of them stayed put so I followed suit. But, I was busy reading a fatwaa (on an important issue) so was, in effect, silent!

i used that 2 mins to pray for those that passed away
    Hopefully, you didn't just limit the prayers to those that were killed last year, and you spared part of the 2 mins (at the very least) for the oppressed Muslims around the world who have no-one to fall silent for them.

A.

Visit Fone Bargains for the cheapest contract (12 months free + decent phones) and Pay As You Go deals.
    More than 10,000 deals compared every day.
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aakhirah View Post
    Hopefully, you didn't just limit the prayers to those that were killed last year, and you spared part of the 2 mins (at the very least) for the oppressed Muslims around the world who have no-one to fall silent for them.

not that they will benefit in anyway from such a silence but im sure they are in the dua of many Muslims.. we dont need some kind of special silence for that

wwwislamicboardcom - Did you do the 2mins Silence for the 7/7 Victims
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    aakhirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

not that they will benefit in anyway from such a silence ... we dont need some kind of special silence for that
    I simply used the comparison as a reminder to us all that there are also other victims of (state) terrorism, and the like, who are being killed this very minute and that not to think about them would indeed be a great injustice.

A.

Visit Fone Bargains for the cheapest contract (12 months free + decent phones) and Pay As You Go deals.
    More than 10,000 deals compared every day.
    chat Quote

Hijaabi22's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786 View Post

We just done our 2 mins at work and im kinda overcome with emotion and i feel really sad, but i used that 2 mins to pray for those that passed away and prayed for peace.

I think that those aint should it is a nice way of uniting!
    2 mins silence?? dats RIDICULOUS!!! We dont even have 2 secs silence 4 all our bros n sisters in Iraq n Palestine so wast all dat bout! i aint takin part in such a thing!!! :rant:
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ------------ View Post
    2 mins silence?? dats RIDICULOUS!!! We dont even have 2 secs silence 4 all our bros n sisters in Iraq n Palestine so wast all dat bout! i aint takin part in such a thing!!! :rant:
    Why compare, Killing is killing and those that die everyday in Palestine and Iraq are remembered i hope everyday by us but there is no reason to replace one with the other.

My prayers aint limited and the 2 mins silence is a way of reminding those of what happened and the state that the world is in now. I normally may not at 12pm stopped and rememberd those that died and thanked allah SWT so this cant be ridiculous.

And lets not forget the Victims parents and families im sure they dont find this ridiculous so please be careful what you say!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why compare, Killing is killing and those that die everyday in Palestine and Iraq are remembered i hope everyday by us but there is no reason to replace one with the other.

My prayers aint limited and the 2 mins silence is a way of reminding those of what happened and the state that the world is in now. I normally may not at 12pm stopped and rememberd those that died and thanked allah SWT so this cant be ridiculous.

And lets not forget the Victims parents and families im sure they dont find this ridiculous so please be careful what you say!
    NOPE I STILL STAND BY WHAT IS SED! I mean course i feel for the families hu were involved but things like this happen 24 7 in Iraq n Palestine how cum we dont get 2 mins silence for them on MARCH 20 TH when the iraq war started??? DAT WAS THE DAY OF MY 17TH BIRTHDAY ILL NEVER FORGET THAT EVER!!!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually in a way it is rather ridiculous, the way nationalism has taken over and the only events that deserve a special moment are those that happened to people of that country. Human suffering shouldnt be remembered and shown respect (or what ever the silence signifies) simply because those involved belong to the same nation. At the end of the day we are all human.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yea true man and if muslims can do a 2 mins silence for the non muslims why cant they do the same 4 us 2>!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

NOPE I STILL STAND BY WHAT IS SED! I mean course i feel for the families hu were involved but things like this happen 24 7 in Iraq n Palestine how cum we dont get 2 mins silence for them on MARCH 20 TH when the iraq war started??? DAT WAS THE DAY OF MY 17TH BIRTHDAY ILL NEVER FORGET THAT EVER!!!!
    Sis what is stopping you from doing the 2 min silence for those Muslims! No one is restricting you.

7/7 happened in this country and so its obvious that the 2 mins silence would take place for them BUT as a Muslim what is stopping you from remembering the Palestine and Iraq!

And these 2 mins can be a time to think and pray for them Muslims too!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Just wondering, would it be considered imitating the kuffar to go along with the silence thing?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sis what is stopping you from doing the 2 min silence for those Muslims! No one is restricting you.

7/7 happened in this country and so its obvious that the 2 mins silence would take place for them BUT as a Muslim what is stopping you from remembering the Palestine and Iraq!

And these 2 mins can be a time to think and pray for them Muslims too!
    sum1 obviously feels very strong bout this lol

Nothin is stoppin me 4rm duin the 2 min silence 4 those muslims im jus makin a point, Why cant we have 2 min silence 4 them like we had 1 4 7 7 2day?! EH? ANSWR ME !! NOW!! lol me out off 2 cruizeeeeee or me wudda kept this debate goin on 45 much longer l8-erz!!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post

Actually in a way it is rather ridiculous, the way nationalism has taken over and the only events that deserve a special moment are those that happened to people of that country. Human suffering shouldnt be remembered and shown respect (or what ever the silence signifies) simply because those involved belong to the same nation. At the end of the day we are all human.
    But that is what i am saying. Britian at 12pm stood still and us British Muslims did also but who said we should only remember those involved in 7/7 or those involved in War the 2 min silence is a time to reflect on all things,

And you are right this should take place everyday But what i am saying is that at 12pm today i remembered Allah SWT thanked God and prayed for peace where usually i may not have! So can the 2 mins be ridiculous if more people done this too
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sum1 obviously feels very strong bout this lol

Nothin is stoppin me 4rm duin the 2 min silence 4 those muslims im jus makin a point, Why cant we have 2 min silence 4 them like we had 1 4 7 7 2day?! EH? ANSWR ME !! NOW!! lol me out off 2 cruizeeeeee or me wudda kept this debate goin on 45 much longer l8-erz!!
    I do and i never thought i would but in that 2 min silence i was really overcome maybe because i never really really thought about the victims and so on. The 2 min silence made me soo sad as i knew that these people died and more are dying like this everyday!

Like i said Sis NO ONE is stopping us Muslims having 2 mins silence everyday! But dont blame the Gov or Britain for that its ourselves caught up in daily life, and today was a proof of that
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i've thought about those victims that have died a lot previously and made dua for the, the silence is not necessary, i think the main reason for the silence is to build up the emotions of most of the citizens.

I say keep them in your dua's, have your own silence inshaAllah.

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid View Post
    i've thought about those victims that have died a lot previously and made dua for the,
    I never and im not gonna lie about that, But today i have!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I never and im not gonna lie about that, But today i have!
    then mashAllah, i gess it brings attention to the people and builds up there emotion, and who knows, these dua's could results in some peoples peace for the akhirah inshaAllah (some muslims i mean).

Now lets make dua for those costantly dying in palestine/iraq/afghan etc, i always try to remember them at tahajjud as thats when prayers are most likely to be answered inshaAllah do the same.

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid View Post
    Now lets make dua for those costantly dying in palestine/iraq/afghan etc, i always try to remember them at tahajjud as thats when prayers are most likely to be answered inshaAllah do the same.

Inshallah Bro make dua for all dead and alive it seems the bad times are ahead!
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

the thing which emotionally got me most is when i heard all those children at the gaza strip died, i thnk the numbers rose above 1000. subhanAllah

But there all destined for jannah Alhamdullilah so no need to stress.

-
    -
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Did you do the 2mins Silence for the 7/7 Victims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Did you do the 2mins Silence for the 7/7 Victims