Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Right/Wrong?

Report bad ads?

AssalaamuAlaykum
    Bismillah, Hope ya’ll in the highest state of health and iman InshAllah

Well my question is regarding films such as ‘The Message’ and also the new animated film showing the lifestyles of the Blessed companions of the Prophet [Pbuh], In my opinion I see it as incorrect, for reasons which have raised in other threads, if you wish for me to provide my side of the argument I would be happy to do so inshAllah but I urge the more knowledgeable brothers/sisters to provide me intelligent answers which are backed up by hadith/Quranic ayah saying whether it is permissible or not, I want to attain more ilm regarding this question and want some kind ol’ cod to shed some light, this is my method of mastering the walking before I jump the wagon , I have ruled it out of my list to go watch these type of films but I was faced by people who approved of them and now I am totally confuzled

As much as I know how you love abiding by rules/regulations…here ya are, here’s some more before you even think of posting:

1: Well researched answers
    2: None of that “The Ulemas have approved of it regardless of what the rest of the Sheiks/Malvi/Scholars/People of great Islamic knowledge say so its right!” attitude, I got enough of that so please for the sake of Allah give it a rest
    3: Don’t ignore the evidence presented by users and please don’t cause a volcanic eruption whilst trying to get your view across
    4: If someone comes to a conclusion that it is based on haaq then please don’t be too ignorant to claim/consider it as being false
    5: Normal rules of respect and civilised manners are required

Note to Mods: If this thread goes kaboom can I please make a kind request that you close it, I don’t want to bring about disunity and stir up trouble so please if you would have the great pleasure of closing it, Much appreciated, You got my consent!...

My final comment: Allahu Alim [Allah knows best]

JazakAllah Khair in advance, Looking forward to some fuss class answers from my beloved brothers and sisters, and if you let this thread die down without answering my question and helping my clouded mind, you leave me no other choice other than to hunt ya’ll down and kill you, slowly, painfully etc muahahahaha, Nah jokes, Buh pweeeees yano how much ya’ll love me in a sisterly way please answer ma question, hehe *halo glistens*

Wa’AlaykumAsalaam
    Fi amanAllah x
    Right/Wrong?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Aim for the ultimate prize
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    By definition has no flaw
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    ~I$lAm Z!nDaBaD~ BrAp BrAp
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Right/Wrong?

sahabi are characters which cant be portrayed in this day and age. Attempting to portray them in any fashion may in some way degrade them.
    Degrading them is certainly inexcusable.
    Picture making itself is haram, this is wellknown.

i have little ilm but this is my little understanding...

Right/Wrong?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

some films have approval frm d al azhar uni crew, dem lot are gangstas

but yesh, i dont understand how they can give approval, because fair enough they dont show RasoolAllah (saw) but they portray some sahabas, for example in the message, they have a character playin Hadhrat Bilal (ra) & they hav sum nex man playin Hadhrat Hamzah (ra)! so me didnt agree wit dat, but they didnt show the khilafah e rashideen (ra) only made mentions of em, lol but they cant show any sahabas, dats me view point!!
    Right/Wrong?

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi View Post
    salaam

some films have approval frm d al azhar uni crew, dem lot are gangstas

but yesh, i dont understand how they can give approval, because fair enough they dont show RasoolAllah (saw) but they portray some sahabas, for example in the message, they have a character playin Hadhrat Bilal (ra) & they hav sum nex man playin Hadhrat Hamzah (ra)! so me didnt agree wit dat, but they didnt show the khilafah e rashideen (ra) only made mentions of em, lol but they cant show any sahabas, dats me view point!!
    i dont think i would even like them showin tabi'in, or even saliheen! you just cant portray such people... ok if they were the ACTUAL people then fair enuff...
    Right/Wrong?

-
    -
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    H4RUN's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Li Down2eartH MembeR
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

right, well the issue is in these so called films/animations they aren't showing the faces of the Prophets PbuT, so in a way they feel that they have accomplished their task, by refraing from creating images of the Prophets, for the reason that depiction can easily be done. On the other hand the same thought isn't given 2 the sahabi's, why is this i ask? Ordinary people they're, but ironically not so ordinary...they were the chosen people to be the companions, so in my book they to can not be classed as just ordinary, rather of a much higher level than you or me. So why on earth images of them are created baffles me to, and yes these 'nex' men playing the roles of the sahaba etc, are most probably nothing like them, certainly from a personality point of view. it just gives a more of an opportunity to create a differed image, hence degrading is inevitable. So in my humble opinion it's wrong, each sahabi had a diiferent personality, for example, Umar Ibn Khatab was firm in what he did, and Abubakr was kind of the opposite, more gentle, soft, even though he was 1st at everything Subhanallah. So all in all you cannot get people to play these roles, just cannot be done. Allahu-alim
    that's my 2p worth
    ma'salama
    Right/Wrong?

I had a wrestle with an alligator, i had a tussle with a whale, I handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail! Only last week i murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick, im so mean i make medicine sick

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologise!"
    kay:
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid View Post
    i dont think i would even like them showin tabi'in, or even saliheen! you just cant portray such people... ok if they were the ACTUAL people then fair enuff...
    yesh agreed dats wot i basically sed
    Right/Wrong?

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

x Maz x's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalaamuAlaykum,
    Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya in de highest state of health and Iman inshAllah,
    Well well, JazakAllah Khairun all 3 of you bredas, MashAllah @ ya Haroon well said, Abd'Majid again wickedest tinz u said!, I was reading bout what your mum was saying MashAllah @ her, and chacha saab again fine shine, but as always u decide to take the credit for other peoples work lol...Nah jowks Big up all of yous!...Buh is ther any other feedback?
    Wa'AlaykumAsalaam fi amanAllah x
    Right/Wrong?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But we need to be considerate apart from the prophets I havn't come across any text that says dipicting sahaba ect is haraam, kids todays won't sit down and read their bio's but will watch films on them as they're used to watching films, it's a powerful dawa tool.
    Right/Wrong?

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalaamuAlaykum,
    Bismillah, Hope this reaches ya in de highest state of health and Iman inshAllah,

Sinse when was the availability of short stories of the Prophet [Pbuh] & his companions on rations?, Excuse me for being rude but i dont feel the need to make something that similars Disney characters to portray the message of these people, SubhanAllah is there no other means of dawah?, This is surley disrespectful and absolutely pointless in my opnion...

Wa'AlaykumAsalaam, Fi amanAllah x
    Right/Wrong?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

But we need to be considerate apart from the prophets I havn't come across any text that says dipicting sahaba ect is haraam, kids todays won't sit down and read their bio's but will watch films on them as they're used to watching films, it's a powerful dawa tool.
    i understand bro, we shouldnt make up things which isnt clearly wrong.
    But by my understanding showing respect to the sahaabi and rasullulah saws in every aspect is extremely important.

If i tried to act like bilal RA lets face it, a million people wud slap me and kick me to the kurb then probably throw me into the thames!
    yet on TV someone tries voicing bilal and nothing happens

i hope you get what i mean,

Right/Wrong?

-
    -
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid View Post
    i understand bro, we shouldnt make up things which isnt clearly wrong.
    But by my understanding showing respect to the sahaabi and rasullulah saws in every aspect is extremely important.

If i tried to act like bilal RA lets face it, a million people wud slap me and kick me to the kurb then probably throw me into the thames!
    yet on TV someone tries voicing bilal and nothing happens

Dipicting sahaba isn't disrespect if anything it shows respect by remembering them and spreading their sacrifice on to the neext generation.

i hope you get what i mean,

Dipicting sahaba isn't disrespect if anything it shows respect by remembering them and spreading their sacrifice on to the neext generation.
    Right/Wrong?

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

subhanALlah, you might be right . Well there is normally a bit of flute n stuff in those movies. Stuff the sahabi would clear disapprove of. I dont know bro, i just dont think media is fit to portray the sahaabi. Allahu allam but u got some good points bro

Right/Wrong?

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalaamuAlaykum,

Again Abd'Majid MashAllah Akhi well said, Islam-truth breda, classify your perspective of disrespect, to what lenghts?, If depicting the most blessed beings on earth, whom were so pure in the forms of some pathetic man-made cartoon aint wrong then what is?? :S..

http://www.islamchannel.tv/forums/sh...catID=11&mode=
    Furthermore, Check out this link and take note of User's Traveller's and Ikhlas's posts InshAllah
    If anyone can refute that argument then I will hapily look forward to hearing your views inshAllah...But seirous i need the opnions of the knowledgable bredas/sistas on board...*Ansar Al'adal runs* lol...

Ma'assalaama x
    Last edited by x Maz x; 07-10-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Right/Wrong?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok, let's look at this thing properly.

It's probably aimed at children, so in that case i'd say it's fantastic. Sure there are a few boundaries that are being crossed in the process (lately, it seems that boundaries haven't stopped anything from happening), but I reckon it could help the youth, who might I add are the future.

format_quote Originally Posted by X maz X
    Again Abd'Majid MashAllah Akhi well said, Islam-truth breda, classify your perspective of disrespect, to what lenghts?, If depicting the most blessed beings on earth, whom were so pure in the forms of some pathetic man-made cartoon aint wrong then what is?? :S..
    Ma'assalaama x
    Lol, you don't want to go down this path; I can smell the mudslinging from here already.

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid
    I dont know bro, i just dont think media is fit to portray the sahaabi
    Good point. But maybe the cartoon is a way of remembering the sahaba and the prophet's teachings as opposed to just simply portraying them.

Perhaps it'd be best to seek answers from the target audience of this cartoon i.e. the children.
    Last edited by aamirsaab; 07-10-2006 at 12:21 PM.
    Right/Wrong?

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Maz the link aint working lol
    Right/Wrong?

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

Ok, let's look at this thing properly.

It's probably aimed at children, so in that case i'd say it's fantastic. Sure there are a few boundaries that are being crossed in the process (lately, it seems that boundaries haven't stopped anything from happening), but I reckon it could help the youth, who might I add are the future.
    Yes indeed, But isnt there a better way to go bout it? Erm how about books?Yesh they our future man sure they are but raah if this film yeh goes against Islamic teachings simultaneously whilsts promoting the message of the spread of Islam ahem call me a cynical ol' hag but theres something wrong with that? ffended:
    Lol, you don't want to go down this path; I can smell the mudslinging from here already.
    @ Ya, Muahahaha , Chears fo' that comment lol

Good point. But maybe the cartoon is a way of remembering the sahaba and the prophet's teachings as opposed to portraying them.

Perhaps it'd be best to seek answers from the target audience of this cartoon i.e. the children.
    Again there are without doubt other means of dawah, why resort to that? ffended: ...Hmm seeking their views? that aint gonna help, they gonna be like "yeh man was heaviest cartoon I seen, better then Shrek by miles"
    JazakAllah Khairun though fo your opnions
    MashAllah
    Ma'assalaama x
    Right/Wrong?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Erm Fixed Abd'Majid, Tc I'm out Wa'AlaykumAsalaam x
    Right/Wrong?

Ya Muslimeen
    Ya Mu’meneen
    Open up your eyes
    Which is paradise
    Allah’s laws
    So why do we pause?
    Tell me what’s the cause
    Hold your applause
    Takbir!!!!!
    Allahu Akbar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by x Maz x View Post
    "yeh man was heaviest cartoon I seen, better then Shrek by miles"
    lol i think he meant talk to the kids and see what they learnt but to be honest i reckon the kids would get a better feel once they grown up and can read books.

I watched "the message" when i was around 8-9ish and i actually cried and thought the sahabi were amazing, it helped me grow a love for our roots so in that sence... maybe it can help... ALLAHU ALLAM.

Right/Wrong?

-
    -
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What link?
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://www.islamchannel.tv/forums/sh...e=Comments%20a nd%20Complaints&catID=11&mode=

^^ That one !
    Right/Wrong?

-
    -
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Right/Wrong? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Right/Wrong?