× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 54 visibility 8062

Afraid of war?

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Afraid of war?

Report bad ads?

I want you to seriously think about going into the battle field where anything goes. A grenade could blow you up, a bullet could dig into your leg causing you to limp, someone can even blow your arms clean off! you could lose an eye, wateva happens i want you to think about it inshaAllah.

wallahi recently i been thinkin a lot, over the last few weeks i think i got over this fear of "pain" because i've read too much of the fear of the hellfire and its punishments.

but the little fear that lingers... i think i would be able to march into the field (im not talking about doing this, if i do it will be years later when im fully trained) but how do i get rid of the little lingering fear which creeps its way in? I read a hadith where a man faught jihad fi-sabillilah and commited suicide because he couldnt handle the pain!

Afraid of war?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

2. Report bad ads?
    Ameeratul Layl's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Afraid of war?

Salam,

The battle field? I don't think I would want to go out and fight like that.

I know these may seem words to you but, there are people out there that have made a difference, good and bad.

I don't think that me going out on the battle field will make things better for Islam.

Be someone who can make a difference!!

Wasalam
    Afraid of war?

[MOUSE]hAvE A nIcE dAy[/MOUSE]

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can i ask one thing about the hadith...isnt suicide haraam in islam?
    Afraid of war?

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by helena View Post
    can i ask one thing about the hadith...isnt suicide haraam in islam?

Yes, Allah has given us life and takes it too. We have no right to take it ourselves.

Wasalam
    Afraid of war?

6. Report bad ads?
    Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother remember that the mujahid who dies fisibililah doesn't get questioned in the grave and goes straight in the heart of a grean bird in the highest level of janna, do you know why he isn't questioned like everyone else? it's beacause of the fear of the battle, the bullets which he was in danger, the limbs he saw being torn apart from bodies, after a mujahid sees this and still fights for the sake of allah thats enough of a trial for him, also remember at the time of death a mujahid feels the pain similar to a bite of a mosquito subhanallah the pain of death has been reduced so much, but always ask allah to make you among the shuhadaa cause it's the best exit from this dunya, what would you rather have a death on a bed on the 'NHS' or fighting for the sake of allah in battle, also remember allah him self says don't refer to the people who are killed in my way as being dead, they are not dead they are in janna as we speak.
    Last edited by Ghazi; 07-12-2006 at 01:26 PM.
    Afraid of war?

The Ummah

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ass salaamu alaykum,

akhee, i guess this is just a natrual feeling!!...everytime i pass officers on the tube i always think: are they gonna shoot me!!ffended:...cause it can happen to anyone!!
    But war is a big issue....i guess your Imaan has to be pretty high for you to be in one.
    and Allah knows best!!

i remember that hadeeth aswell, where the sahaabiy was wounded, so he sliced a vain in his wrist or sumthing...so he could hasten his death!!!

i honestly would'nt go....cause you gotta think about your parents too...
    like the hadeeth where a sahaabiy was about to go to jihaad ...and the prophet asked him:how his parents are with the whole situation!...so he said : ya rasulullaah they're crying!...so he said : return to them and make them laugh as you made them cry!!

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Abd'Majid View Post

but the little fear that lingers... i think i would be able to march into the field (im not talking about doing this, if i do it will be years later when im fully trained) but how do i get rid of the little lingering fear which creeps its way in? I read a hadith where a man faught jihad fi-sabillilah and commited suicide because he couldnt handle the pain!

I have always spent alot of thought on this. I always thought ' what if I was on the battlefield and I got hurt? what if something caused me to be maimed for life?' And it used to baffle and worry me.
    But then, that is just the reality of war, if you go you will most probably be harmed, limbs cut off, and a huge possibility of being killed (INsha'allah that person would be a martyr).
    Remember a hadeeth of when Rasulullah was fighting in a battle ( I can't recall which one) and his finger got cut and started to bleed and he looked at it and said :
    Hal Anti Illa Usbu3in Damaytee
    Wa Fee Sabilillahi Maa Laqaytee

You are nothing more than a finger which bled......and what have you met in Allahs cause?

A person who goes out for Jihaad,on the battlefield, has to be sincere. Once he is sincere and he knows what he is fighting for, that he is fighting for Allahs cause then that will help banish all other worries Insha'allah. And besides! In Islaam if a Muslim was even to be pricked by a thorn then his sins are expiated for as long as he is in pain.......so imagine if he were to be hurt in battle! and the rewards for those who fight for Allahs cause are so bountiful.

I guess that it all depends on the strenght of the iman of that particular individual. Once a person has strong Iman that he will be able to accept whatever happens to him Insha'allah.

Sorry I dont know if I made much sense :X

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah View Post

I guess that it all depends on the strenght of the iman of that particular individual. Once a person has strong Iman that he will be able to accept whatever happens to him Insha'allah.

Sorry I dont know if I made much sense :X

..And their intention.

Yes sister, you made sense.

Wasalam
    Afraid of war?

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Can I add a few points: Firstly, You have neglected to state if you are refering to an Armed Force who is carying out the policies of the elected government of the day or for a terrorist organisation and/or Militia group.

In my opinion the "definition" of a battlefield will differ depending on which one you are talking about.

I want you to seriously think about going into the battle field where anything goes.
    Generally, and it would depend on your POV "anything goes" is not strictly true under the terms of the geneva convention. certain "rules" of war apply to both sides.

A grenade could blow you up,
    Grenades don't actually "blow you up", they rip you apart with pieces of metal known as shrapnel.

a bullet could dig into your leg causing you to limp,
    the bullet could bounce off a bone travel up your body and exit via the top of your head taking all your brains with it. Bullets bounce around the body when they hit solid bone, so entry and exit wounds are not always as clear cut as what you seem to think. Shooting someone in the leg is no less dangerous than shooting into his chest! If you are killed instantly by a bullet, then you would never know a thing, a bullet travels faster than the speed of sound, you are shot then you hear the zip. if you are killed instantly you will never hear the zip. PS... Hear a crack then hit the dirt, the bullets just above your head

someone can even blow your arms clean off! you could lose an eye, wateva happens i want you to think about it inshaAllah.
    You can even have your head blown clean off becuase you "buddy" does not know what the hell he is doing and shoots you accidently. However, battlefield casualties and the associated death rte depends on the quality of the medical support you are given. And the strength of your buddies during a fire-fight.

A person who goes out for Jihaad,on the battlefield, has to be sincere. Once he is sincere and he knows what he is fighting for, that he is fighting for Allahs cause then that will help banish all other worries Insha'allah. And besides! In Islaam if a Muslim was even to be pricked by a thorn then his sins are expiated for as long as he is in pain.......so imagine if he were to be hurt in battle! and the rewards for those who fight for Allahs cause are so bountiful.
    Such guff will always sucker people into fighting a futile battle where you are "rewarded" for your death.

Stay at home, find a way to achieve what you want by compromising and communication. You'll only wind up in Guantanamo Bay at best, dead at worst. Though some here may see it as best that you die, the death rates for militia is very high and life expectency is not too good. Do it to die, not to fight is a better way to put it.......

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by root View Post

Such guff will always sucker people into fighting a futile battle where you are "rewarded" for your death.

That guff is my religion you are talking about. So, I kindly suggest you choose your words more carefully.

Peace
    Afraid of war?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Stay at home, find a way to achieve what you want by compromising and communication. You'll only wind up in Guantanamo Bay at best, dead at worst. Though some here may see it as best that you die, the death rates for militia is very high and life expectency is not too good. Do it to die, not to fight is a better way to put it.......
    Huh? Please don't insult my religion like it or not jihad is an aspect of islam I'm not gonna suger-coat it and avoid speaking of it to please non-muslims as many muslims do today, anyway your a non-muslim so you wouldn't understand the disire for shuhadaa which many muslims beg allah for on a daily basis, I hope you guided to the straight path.
    Afraid of war?

The Ummah

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Sorry to see that you have such an opinion.
    Well to us Muslims this is not "guff" and we hold in HIGH ESTEEM those people who go out and die for Allahs cause
    So please, if you dont understand Islam then keep your opinions to yourself.

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ass salaamu alaykum,

Nauudubillah min al-jahl

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ameeratul Layl View Post
    Salam,

The battle field? I don't think I would want to go out and fight like that.

I know these may seem words to you but, there are people out there that have made a difference, good and bad.

I don't think that me going out on the battle field will make things better for Islam.

Be someone who can make a difference!!

Wasalam
    Ditto.

I think due to my own attributes, i'd probably be more suited negotiating or something that has very little to do with killing (so, not on the battlefield ).

Afraid of war? hell yes.
    Afraid of war?

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

18. Report bad ads?
    root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't mean to offend your religion, I am giving my opinion that the below quote is Nonsense, Balony. It's designed only to get you willing to be killed.

Find a peaceful means through compromise and communication.

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I don't mean to offend your religion, I am giving my opinion that the below quote is Nonsense, Balony. It's designed only to get you willing to be killed.

He has a point you know - you can do much for the ummah if you're ALIVE.
    Although, that's just my peacekeeping, humble and honest opinion.
    Afraid of war?

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Or in other words you got a problem with jihad, sorry but islam is islam it aint gonna change for nobody, we're peaceful with people who are peaceful with us but when you bring an army to our lands we will defend it.
    Afraid of war?

The Ummah

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

Or in other words you got a problem with jihad, sorry but islam is islam it aint gonna change for nobody, we're peaceful with people who are peaceful with us but when you bring an army to our lands we will defend it.

100% agree.
    But, br root did say that he didn't mean to offend. If he does it again, we know it is meant to offend.

Lets just all be nice.

Wasalam
    Afraid of war?

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by aamirsaab View Post

He has a point you know - you can do much for the ummah if you're ALIVE.

But with the way we're being slaughtered I'd be suprised if theres much of a ummah left, no offense bro wallahi I don't mean this in a disrespective manner but people who say such things are usually are living comfterable lives in the west away from the danger, when mothers are crying were are the muslims and our lands being occupied we must defend our lands cause were oppressed and we must defend the ummah I doubt you'd have the same response if you and your family lived in gaza right now, again no disrespect brother I hold you in high regard
    Last edited by Ghazi; 07-12-2006 at 03:58 PM.
    Afraid of war?

The Ummah

24. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

root i dont know much about war so i wont even pretend i do. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on what its like to be shot.

i would prefer a further explenation of:

"just what can getting shot/bombed/gassed etc can do to you" if you dont mind.

Islam-Truth is probably my most respected brother, why? He feels passion to help those suffering in iraq/palestine etc and i think i feel the same way.

format_quote Originally Posted by Aamirsaab
    Like islam-truth pointed out, whats our peace without the peace of our brothers/sisters? We (this ummah) are a united body, when one part is injured the whole body is in pain.

But i respect your decision, if you think you can make a difference by not going to jihad then wallahi i pray you use your time for the better of islam.

format_quote Originally Posted by root
    You have neglected to state if you are refering to an Armed Force who is carying out the policies of the elected government of the day or for a terrorist organisation and/or Militia group.
    i will fight against israelli's or american soldiers in afghanistan or those janjaweed in africa or anywhere else where muslims are oppressed. But i will never ever shoot anyone who seeks refuge in islam! thats a promise

JazakAllah khair for everyone for there advice .

Last edited by IbnAbdulHakim; 07-12-2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Afraid of war?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Afraid of war? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Afraid of war?