star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Christin Missionary Against Islam

Report bad ads?

Some of The Christian missionaries and the enemies of Islam and Muslims, used always to make misunderstanding among the sincere readers about Islam by false or corrupted statements and quatations. The last example which I read is the article "Dialog of the Deaf Separates Islam and West"of Melvin Rhodes, the Good News writer and reginioal pastor, Ghana. He writes:

[S]" Because the West has been influenced by biblical teachings, there is an assumption that all religions want peace, but clearly that is not true where Islam is concerned."[/S]
    In other words, Westerners are very peaceloving people in the world, because of the influence of the bible teachings, but The Muslims on the contarary, war loving fellows, because of the Quranic teachings.For he writes:

"[S]In 632 Mohammed made his last visit to Mecca, and his speech there has been recorded in the traditional writings as the final statement of his message: "know that every Muslim is a Muslim's brother, and that the Muslims are brethren; fighting between them should be avoided…. Muslims should fight all men until they say, 'There is no god but Allah'" (A History of the Arab Peoples, by Albert Hourani, 1991, page 19).

Jesus Christ did not call for His followers to "fight all men" until they become Christians. Rather, He told His followers: "Love your enemies" (Matthew 5:44). He also said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight…" (John 18:36).

Clearly, these statements show a marked difference between Islam and Christianity, making dialog between the two highly problematic."[/S]Now I want not to answer the statements , for it was answered many times by the scholars. But I want to quat a latest news from the "Independent" . It will answer the claims of Melvin Rhodes clearly:

Former US soldier charged with rape and murder of '15-year-old' Iraqi girl

[S]A former American soldier recently returned from fighting in Iraq has been charged in a court in North Carolina in connection with the alleged rape of an Iraqi woman in March, as well as the murder of her and three members of her family. [/S][Independent Online Edition 04 July 2006 ]
    Mr. Melvin, by which teaching was this American soldier influenced? My friend, let me recommend this site and www.harunyahya.com for learning about Islam and Muslims, if you are misunderstood the Islam. Goodbye, if you not such a person.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Hijrah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    AmeriKKKa, the land of slaves and narcotics
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Christin Missionary Against Islam

Well, as far as that sermon I don't thin he said that in there, go to the main load-islam page for this site and you will findan explanation for it it's just the same old rhetoric....I dont see how this guy isin a place to talk, he's nothing but a liar if he denies that there wasn't prophets who killed in that book..
    chat Quote

duskiness's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Kader.
    Does this statment:
    format_quote Originally Posted by kader View Post
    make this statment false?:
    Jesus Christ did not call for His followers to "fight all men" until they become Christians. Rather, He told His followers: "Love your enemies" (Matthew 5:44). He also said, "My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight…" (John 18:36).
    You are using the same logic i would use when saying "Islam is a religion of peace??? then look what happend in NY, Madrid, London".
    Do you like it?
    n.

The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I can debunk this man ijn minutes, but as a Muslim, it is my duty to respect other faiths. Apparently Chritians dont believe in this.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Phil12123's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by kader View Post
    Some of The Christian missionaries and the enemies of Islam and Muslims, used always to make misunderstanding among the sincere readers about Islam by false or corrupted statements and quotations. The last example which I read is the article "Dialog of the Deaf Separates Islam and West"of Melvin Rhodes, the Good News writer and reginioal pastor, Ghana. He writes:

[S]" Because the West has been influenced by biblical teachings, there is an assumption that all religions want peace, but clearly that is not true where Islam is concerned."[/S]
    In other words, Westerners are very peaceloving people in the world, because of the influence of the bible teachings, but The Muslims on the contarary, war loving fellows, because of the Quranic teachings. For he writes:

"[S]In 632 Mohammed made his last visit to Mecca, and his speech there has been recorded in the traditional writings as the final statement of his message: "know that every Muslim is a Muslim's brother, and that the Muslims are brethren; fighting between them should be avoided…. Muslims should fight all men until they say, 'There is no god but Allah'" (A History of the Arab Peoples, by Albert Hourani, 1991, page 19).

Clearly, these statements show a marked difference between Islam and Christianity, making dialog between the two highly problematic."[/S]Now I want not to answer the statements, for it was answered many times by the scholars. But I want to quote a latest news from the "Independent". It will answer the claims of Melvin Rhodes clearly:

[S]A former American soldier recently returned from fighting in Iraq has been charged in a court in North Carolina in connection with the alleged rape of an Iraqi woman in March, as well as the murder of her and three members of her family. [/S][Independent Online Edition 04 July 2006]
    Mr. Melvin, by which teaching was this American soldier influenced? My friend, let me recommend this site and www.harunyahya.com for learning about Islam and Muslims, if you are misunderstood the Islam. Goodbye, if you not such a person.
    First, the soldier in an American court is presumed innocent until proven guilty. You have already convicted him without any trial. Now, if you want to discuss his case in terms of.... IF he is found guilty (or pleads guilty, or confesses to the crime), then, by which teaching was this American soldier influenced?

Secondly, to answer that question, we need to know more about the man. Is he a Muslim or a Christian or an atheist or a Buddhist or what? Do you automatically assume an American soldier is a Christian simply because he is an American? He may have rejected biblical teaching as well as quaranic teaching all his life. We have to start with the fact that ALL people are sinners, whether born and raised in America or in Iraq, AND whether professing a religious belief or professing NO religious belief at all.

Actually, I don't think that news story is even relevant to the statements of Melvin Rhodes. What I would like to know, now that you mentioned it, is whether his statements are TRUE regarding the speech given by Mohammed. What do the scholars you mention say?

Peace
    chat Quote

adeeb's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam

my comment on this issue,
    we can't say anything if we don't know what it is. and don't just take a sentence from hundreds and thousands without knowing the situation.

we can't compare the islamic teaching and the christian with only one sentence or one aspect.
    this is the fault from both the missionary and also brother kader. there are a lot of aspect different between two religions.

for example;
    muslim should fight all men, until they say " there is no god but Allah"
    that's an islamic teaching? yes, that's true
    but Muhammad (pbuh) also teach us the steps before "fight"
    we have to introduce what islam is, we teach "all men" who is Allah, who is Muhammad. etc with peace.. in Muhammad era there were also Jews and christians in this world but Muhammad not just "fight" them and make them a muslim. We are allowed to fight if non muslim fight us first. Muhammad and his companions always fight after ask them (the non muslim) to be a muslim and give them a good knowledge about Islam... and noe the situation is really different with our prophet era.

i also invite brothers or sisters that can give the verses about this problem.
    thank you

wassalam
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We tend to overlook the fact that Muslims and Christians do not accept the same sources for truth. The Qur'an probably is a difficult guide to use as a source of truth when speaking to a non-Muslim. The Bible probably is a difficult guide to use as a source of truth when speaking to a non-Christian.

It is only through open honest dialouge can doors of communication be opened and each needs to present why what he believes is true and stay away from trying to prove what the other believes is false.

The author of the arguement mentioned in the opening topic made the error of trying to proof Islam is false. He would have had a more understandable and debatable subject if he stuck to trying to proof his beliefs. I believe the Minister that is responsible for the article, gave an excellent example on how not to discuss religious beliefs.

People oftren get tied up in emotions when discussing their religious beliefs and then the things said and done are not necessarly based on truth, but are based on what is wished to be truth.

Herman 1 - Christin Missionary Against Islam

chat Quote

Quruxbadaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by adeeb View Post
    salam

my comment on this issue,
    we can't say anything if we don't know what it is. and don't just take a sentence from hundreds and thousands without knowing the situation.

we can't compare the islamic teaching and the christian with only one sentence or one aspect.
    this is the fault from both the missionary and also brother kader. there are a lot of aspect different between two religions.

for example;
    muslim should fight all men, until they say " there is no god but Allah"
    that's an islamic teaching? yes, that's true
    but Muhammad (pbuh) also teach us the steps before "fight"
    we have to introduce what islam is, we teach "all men" who is Allah, who is Muhammad. etc with peace.. in Muhammad era there were also Jews and christians in this world but Muhammad not just "fight" them and make them a muslim. We are allowed to fight if non muslim fight us first. Muhammad and his companions always fight after ask them (the non muslim) to be a muslim and give them a good knowledge about Islam... and noe the situation is really different with our prophet era.

i also invite brothers or sisters that can give the verses about this problem.
    thank you

wassalam
    salaams

listen

Islam does not insight violence or hatred towards people The prophet (peace be upon him) is chosen by allah The creator of the heavens & earth to relay the messege of islam ( the True path) to the people

Allah subhannah wa tallah says in the last verse of surat Kafirun

"To you your faith And to me MIne"

The preist whoes saying all that garbage about Islam being violent and the prophet insiting violence has taken the words of the beloved prophet out of context

Frankly Im starting to feel like the man added his own two scents to paint islam a horrible color Perhaps he felt intimidated by the fact that islam is Growing At An Amazing rate here in the west and is now the fastest growing religion on the world ???

Anyway Only fools who cant find the information for themselfs and read it themselfs believe that nonesence
    and really if they are followers and cant pick up a book for themselfs than let them believ it

Peace
    chat Quote

mujahedeen2087's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Zionazi_Dissent View Post
    I can debunk this man ijn minutes, but as a Muslim, it is my duty to respect other faiths. Apparently Chritians dont believe in this.
    exactly christians are always preaching to me about their faith but everytime i bring up islam they always tell me how it is false and that jesus loves me, that i should leave this religion of violence.

undefined

In the heavens and the earth there are certainly signs for the believers. And in your creation and all the creatures He has scattered about there are signs for people with certainty.
    (Surat al-Jathiyah: 3-4)
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In my country, if a Christian preaching his religion to me, I have to say I'm a Muslim. Which means he should stop preaching. If he still insist to preach Christianity, I could make a police report because he (the Christian preacher) committed a crime. In Malaysia propagations towards Muslims of other religions (including non Sunni Islamic sects) are prohibited.

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

ACC's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    In my country, if a Christian preaching his religion to me, I have to say I'm a Muslim. Which means he should stop preaching. If he still insist to preach Christianity, I could make a police report because he (the Christian preacher) committed a crime. In Malaysia propagations towards Muslims of other religions (including non Sunni Islamic sects) are prohibited.
    So on the flip side, do you think Muslims should be detained and charged with a crime for preaching to Christians? This would be only fair.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    So on the flip side, do you think Muslims should be detained and charged with a crime for preaching to Christians? This would be only fair.
    I have yet to see or hear any Muslim preach to a non-Muslim, except in defence of our belief when responding to preaching from a non-Muslim. I do not know of any Muslim who has ever asked a non-Muslim to become Muslim.

chat Quote

ACC's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    I have yet to see or hear any Muslim preach to a non-Muslim, except in defence of our belief when responding to preaching from a non-Muslim. I do not know of any Muslim who has ever asked a non-Muslim to become Muslim.
    This may be true, I dont know. Yet, it does not answer the question. Should the same penalty be given to a Muslim that attempts to convert a non-muslim?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In Malaysia, there lots of Muslim missionaries, I've observed one mission to convert pagan aborigines deep in the jungle in the State of Pahang to Islam. After one year they manage to convert 33% of the tribe people. Mostly women and children. I've heard that the most extensive Islamic propagation is in the Jungle of Sarawak among tribes who are dissastified with local Catholic Church. During the commonwealth games 1998, all hotel rooms are supplied by a Missionary group a Koran in each room.

PERKIM, is a missionary group actively convert urban people (Chinese, Indians, Westerners) to Islam.

And Malaysia is the hq for RISEAP, a big Islamic missionary organization coordinating Islamic missionary work in Asia-Pacific region. Very successful in Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Taiwan, Papua New Guinea.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ACC View Post
    This may be true, I dont know. Yet, it does not answer the question. Should the same penalty be given to a Muslim that attempts to convert a non-muslim?
    I believe it is going to be a local issue more than an Islamic issue. In my younger days traveling throughout the mid-east I was not Muslim and during the early period I was pretty much a bible thumping Christian. I was never approached by anyone to become Muslim. Although I could not speak openly of Christianity, I could in the privacy of my home or friends home. Plus there were many open Christian Churches. I've attended Catholic masses openly in Morocco, Algeria, and several other Mediterranian region countries. Of course I was quite young then as in my early 20s I became essentialy agnostic. But, I never had a Muslim attempt to get me to revert to Islam.

chat Quote

MRR's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    But, I never had a Muslim attempt to get me to revert to Islam.
    Perhaps because they didn't care about your western kafir butt. Just a kafir, let him perish.
    Just a thought. Any chance that this had something to do with it?
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Perhaps because they didn't care about your western kafir butt. Just a kafir, let him perish.
    Just a thought. Any chance that this had something to do with it?
    This is an insult!!! Muslims (mostly) dont go preaching Islam from house to house, or preaching Islam towards non muslim in public square, or give pamphlets about Islam etc because it's not part of our cultures (from Morocco to Southern Philippines, from Tatarstan to Comoros Islands).

When Christians came with this methods in Muslim lands, of course Muslims dont like it. But in these modern days many Muslim missionaries adapted Christian methods (especially the Ahmadiyya)

chat Quote

MRR's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    This is an insult!!! Muslims (mostly) dont go preaching Islam from house to house, or preaching Islam towards non muslim in public square, or give pamphlets about Islam etc because it's not part of our cultures (from Morocco to Southern Philippines, from Tatarstan to Comoros Islands).

When Christians came with this methods in Muslim lands, of course Muslims dont like it. But in these modern days many Muslim missionaries adapted Christian methods (especially the Ahmadiyya)
    Oh boo! hoo! Stop being so sensitive. You find insults where you look for them, it's easy if you are looking. It is not an insult. It's a question, reread the post.
    Perhaps the question would be better answered by Woodrow.
    chat Quote

avk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Al salam aleikom (peace be upon you all)
    Well since I know some information about this topic is it would be unwise for me to keep it formyself and rather share it with others.

1- Christianity tells us not to fight among our human brotheren. I respect that , however applying this theory to logical and realistc reality IT CANNOT BE APPLIED. If a man comes inside your house rapes your wife kills your children and tries to kill you are you going to stand up and give him huge bear kisses and hugs ??? This contradictes any realistic situation. Now coming to islam , It is clear that we only fight in order to defend ourselves or defend our message. When the prophet SAW Mohammad says fight till the word (There is no god but Allah) reaches humanity we do not take it litreally my friend as in to fight but it means to spread the message even if means we will fight to do that

2- As for the issue about christians preaching to muslims , well my friend if we are truely living in a christian theological country today and I go and preach islam God knows what will happen to me. Remember your nemesis churches back in the mid evil times ? and this was applied to christians who went againt their own trinitarian theology . What of the world we live today ? My christian brother , this is not a christian country its a secular country meaning to seperate religion from political system. If it was truely applying christian theology we would not have gay bars floating around and prostitution and night strip clubs (since fornication is abandoned in christianity) thus when you come and say its fair that US and UK allow islamic preaching while muslim countreis like Saudia Arabia or Malaysia dont well brother compre the judical systems.
    Now lets try to see is it truely forbidden to preach christianity in islamic countries ??? Well churches exist almost in all arab countries , christians from old times (coptic and mormons) also live aside muslims ? thus lets say there is a muslim who was interested in the preachings of christianity well the christian brothers will be there to help him.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by MRR View Post
    Oh boo! hoo! Stop being so sensitive. You find insults where you look for them, it's easy if you are looking. It is not an insult. It's a question, reread the post.
    Perhaps the question would be better answered by Woodrow.

Woodrow, answer him!!!

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Christin Missionary Against Islam Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Christin Missionary Against Islam