× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 74 visibility 8593

England Muslims

limitless's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

England Muslims

Report bad ads?

I have watched, read, and heard of what is occurring in England to muslims. My question is towards all muslims living in England (that includes convert, immigrates, and others etc...). Do you feel safe living in England as a Muslim? Or would rather migrate to a differ country or marry (for unmarried) the individual who is living in a differ country?

If this offended anyone, I do apologize and please notify me I will edit it.

England Muslims

The Possibilities in Islam are limitless.

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. -Ben Stein

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -Andy Warhol
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    ahkar shams's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: England Muslims

theres no problems living in england, you get the odd few who try take the pi## i mean that happend even well before 9/11, i would be called a fanatic just becuase i had a beard, then again you get some really nice people i was walking to town with a miswaak in the mouth, two white youths come up to me and say "do you know you got a stick in your mouth" i explained to them that this was the sunnah and why we use it, the two lads shook my hand and said thank for the lesson.
    chat Quote

Dawud_uk's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ahkar shams View Post
    theres no problems living in england, you get the odd few who try take the pi## i mean that happend even well before 9/11, i would be called a fanatic just becuase i had a beard, then again you get some really nice people i was walking to town with a miswaak in the mouth, two white youths come up to me and say "do you know you got a stick in your mouth" i explained to them that this was the sunnah and why we use it, the two lads shook my hand and said thank for the lesson.

assalaamu alaykum,

i have had simular such good experiences but also very bad ones, in my experience the old age pensioners are the worse!

they have spat at me and used horid abuse, may Allah give them guidence, ameen.

at the end of the day scholars say we should only stay in darul kufr for three reasons, Education not available in darul islam that will benefit darul islam, medical treatment that is not available in darul islam or if we are giving dawah.

even then certain conditions must be put in place, that we are free to follow our deen and not forbidden to practice it.

e.g muslims should all leave france, they are not allowing muslimah's to observe their fard duty to Allah in covering themselves.

but are muslims truly free to practice their deen in britain?
    at a time of war the zakat is supposed to be used to support the mujahadeen but we cannot do that here, so are we free to practice our deen?

when muslims are attacked we have a duty to help them anyway we can, are we free to do that in britain?

personally i have some plans for making hijrah but it is a matter of where can i go? i only speak english and have little qualifications so where is it i can go where they would take me in?

so i am looking at what i can do, looking at different options and insha'allah see how i can develop myself to either become a better da'ee or to make hijrah.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Daw'ud
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Interesting, the population of muslim is greater in England, and in USA than in Canada. In Canada most popular religion is Catholic Christians than siks, and Islam and jews. No one really cares here, it is basically a accepting nation, not much discrimination, but in some places it has began slowly.

England Muslims

The first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want. -Ben Stein

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself. -Andy Warhol
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

while here bro in this fitnah infested land one really has to make dhikr a lot. We need to remember Allah always. London... the workplace... subhanAllah its too much fitnah wallahi especially when you have to deal with clients at a university. Especially when most of them are drunks and drug addicts. I think dawa and doing jihad with your nafs is extremely important or i would consider moving. As much as i hate blair... the muslim population of England make it a decent place to live in Alhamdullilah.
    England Muslims

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Brother_Mujahid's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    To infinity & beyond
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post
    i have had simular such good experiences but also very bad ones, in my experience the old age pensioners are the worse!

no way man, i've never heard of pensioners doing stuff like that.
    England Muslims

Member of - LI's MTL™crew (Marriage thread lovers)-
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid View Post
    no way man, i've never heard of pensioners doing stuff like that.
    try going to wales, one started at me for parking outside my uncles shop, and he owned the parking area. She made racist remarks and i think its coz we look like muslims
    England Muslims

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: England Muslims

format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk View Post
    assalaamu alaykum,

at the end of the day scholars say we should only stay in darul kufr for three reasons, Education not available in darul islam that will benefit darul islam, medical treatment that is not available in darul islam or if we are giving dawah.

even then certain conditions must be put in place, that we are free to follow our deen and not forbidden to practice it.

e.g muslims should all leave france, they are not allowing muslimah's to observe their fard duty to Allah in covering themselves.

but are muslims truly free to practice their deen in britain?
    at a time of war the zakat is supposed to be used to support the mujahadeen but we cannot do that here, so are we free to practice our deen?

when muslims are attacked we have a duty to help them anyway we can, are we free to do that in britain?

personally i have some plans for making hijrah but it is a matter of where can i go? i only speak english and have little qualifications so where is it i can go where they would take me in?

so i am looking at what i can do, looking at different options and insha'allah see how i can develop myself to either become a better da'ee or to make hijrah.

assalaamu alaykum,
    Daw'ud

I understand your point about pensioners, I think it's because they grew up in a largely white Christian Britain, and are not used to seeing people of a different religion, culture or race. I think that the young people are probably the best, as lots of young people are friends with Muslims at school.

Anyway, compared to the USA, the UK is quite a safe place for Muslims. But I would prefer to live in a Muslim country, where I would be woken up by the Adaan every morning, have no problems buying halal food, and practice my faith publicly without a bunch of people staring at me.

I don't think that your comment about the mujahadeen makes much sense, all of the influential mujahadeen groups have some bad flaw in them (eg targeting civilians, denying the holocaust, etc). There are no non-corrupt mujahadeen to pay zakat to.

I definitely wouldn't like to live in a Western country when the Dajjal, Isa (pbuh) and the Mahdi come though, that's for sure!
    England Muslims

wwwislamicboardcom - England Muslims
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well being a niqaabi walking on the street i gather stares and comments. some are a bit scary most are old women and thats funny. but i wouldnt go much places by myself.

on the long run i dont want to be here too long, inshaAllah will one day migrate, even though other countries arent exactly perfectly good if they are 50 years behind england in way it is then thats good. because here u cant restrict your children. if they wanna be gay then u cant do anything. if they want to drink then you cant do anything. etc etc
    England Muslims

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In my opinion, going to anywhere in the world is unsafe for muslim now adays. Even muslim countrys are no longer muslim contry because of the fitnah and sins and American culture dominating their Islamic way of life. But being in Canada contrast to uk, I'd say it is 50% much safer and most of all tolrant nation. In short, there is no safe place left for a muslim in the world, the only safe place will be is where you follow islamic laws and its teachings, ask for Allahs aid, read the five salats and reading Qur'an would be the safe and most tranquil place on earth.

England Muslims

chat Quote

bint_muhammed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by limitless View Post

In my opinion, going to anywhere in the world is unsafe for muslim now adays. Even muslim countrys are no longer muslim contry because of the fitnah and sins and American culture dominating their Islamic way of life. But being in Canada contrast to uk, I'd say it is 50% much safer and most of all tolrant nation. In short, there is no safe place left for a muslim in the world, the only safe place will be is where you follow islamic laws and its teachings, ask for Allahs aid, read the five salats and reading Qur'an would be the safe and most tranquil place on earth.

do you want us all muslims brits to move to Canada! lol! nah i mean i've been call some things in the past, but i've always stuck up for myself! the english men are alrite i think, its the women who i find very racist! however saying that the majority are very friendly! its everywhere, racism, prejudice etc etc. i remember , when i was younger and used to go mosque some of the kids, who the majority were punjabi, where very kinda distant and rude to me just because i was pathan. you have to learn to be proud of who you are and where your from, therefore noone put you down!
    chat Quote

Sis786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalam Alykum

I was born and bred in Britian and i cant see myself living anywhere else. I hear some Muslims saying times have become hard and they want to move but i dont see what they see or maybe i dont concentrate too much on what other people say.

I live in a mulitcutural area my city alone has 84 Mosques and number of churches, temples and Guduwaras. We all get on I walk and back to work with my Hijab on and i always get a smile and hello from the non-muslims.

I think sometimes Media likes to create fear in us that people hate us and fear us but this is all nonsense.

Im not saying that people accept Muslims and Islam like they use to but really can we blame them the media have created such a fear in them we never know whats in thier hearts.

If i was to move abroad my parents are from Pakistan and i suppose that would be first option but true honsety i rather stand here and be taunted then to go and live in Pakistan.

Walykum Salaam
    chat Quote

Ferrari1981's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Smile Re: England Muslims

I have watched, read, and heard of what is occurring in England to muslims. My question is towards all muslims living in England (that includes convert, immigrates, and others etc...). Do you feel safe living in England as a Muslim? Or would rather migrate to a differ country or marry (for unmarried) the individual who is living in a differ country?
    Woah you seem concerned!

Where do you read that its not safe, I know Alimah in niqaab in NYC who are treating with respect by their own public even after Sept 11... The UK isnt really an unsafe place, infact its better to live here than elsewhere!

Though I personally (and this is my own dream) to visit USA, live in Dubai/Sharjah and travelt he world in 80 days... But I dont see anything wrong the UK...

I mean every country has their fair share of issues, here in the UK we have asians and whites fighting and killing, but the worst kind of issue we have here is silly Muslims fighting against each other and the so called 'honour killings' by killing their own members of their families which is a disgrace, but that heppens everywhere.

I believe where ever you go itll be unsafe you just have to try and live a safe life the best you can. Theres alot of Muslims out there who dont understand Islam and therefore do whta suits them and that is what divides our Ummah and its why the world is a unsafe place right now.

What makes you think there may be an issue here in the UK!?
    England Muslims

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ass salaamu alaykum,

i don't feel safe here at all for me or for my religion....and yes i'm gonna move out inshaAllah as soon as Allah wills for me to go!!....but i'm not gonna migrate/ make hijrah from here cause i have family and all and i might come visit them and from time to time and i might need to come back for other reasons!!
    i don't see why anyone would like to continue to live here for the rest of the lives really....especially since the Prophet salalaahu 3alayhi wasallam said i am Baree(free/sound) from those who die in the land of kufr!!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I find it funny they stare when your wear islamic clothing but it's natrual for them to walk around with nothing on
    England Muslims

The Ummah
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ass salaamu alaykum

^^^^^^^^^^exactly...try wearing the whole black kit!!...you actually feel as though they're gonna lash out at you any second!!
    but alhamdulillah i have'nt been physially abused YET!! but the verbal one's are very common!!

ALLLAAHUMA UNSUR AL-ISLAM WALMUSLIMEEN!!
    chat Quote

root's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I always bear in mind that whilst working in Karachi, Pakistan I required an armed Guard to walk me to and from the Hotel in Karachi to the place of work, all because I was European looking. Kids would stare at me ALL the time and I stuck out like a soar thumb. Eventully I took to wearing all black local clothing but it did not change that much. People still stood and stared............

It was strange having armed guards outside McDonalds too

At least, you don't really need such measures when visiting the UK!

That said, pakistanis themselves on the whole were brilliant and I made many great friends and have very fond memories. I never quite realised how close to the British pakistan really is.
    Last edited by root; 07-27-2006 at 11:35 AM.
    chat Quote

Hijaabi22's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Live din England all my life wudnt wana live anywhere else proud 2 be a british muslim
    chat Quote

Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well basically am living in Bristol but however i do come to Bradford often so ni would actually love to live in my back home Cuicago Usa cause it's much better there even though been 3 weeks since i came back from Chicago
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    j4763's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah the old people in Britain (well most) can not adapt to change, you have to understand that back in there day people of a different colour/religion weren’t seen much.
    Unfortunately my grandmother is the same, stuck in the 1940’s (“the good old times” and that).
    But I guess I can imaging how she feels.

try going to wales, one started at me for parking outside my uncles shop, and he owned the parking area. She made racist remarks and i think its coz we look like muslims
    Ha-ha, its quite possible that the welsh don’t hate you because you’re a Muslim (well they probably do) but the welsh hate anyone who isn’t welsh, silly fools.
    England Muslims

Science has proof without any certainty. Creationists have certainty without any proof

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! England Muslims Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. England Muslims