× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 93 visibility 8046

The Price of Blind Hate

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The Price of Blind Hate

Report bad ads?

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/07/28/sea...ing/index.html
    A U.S. Muslim citizen of Pakistani descent walked into the Jewish Federation in downtown Seattle, Washington building just after 4 p.m. Friday armed with a large caliber semi-automatic handgun and opened fire after asking for the manager, One person was killed and five others were wounded, three critically.

The local news reported that he said it was because of what Israel was doing in Lebanon.

This happened just 3 blocks from where I work. It made me think of the hundreds of hate filled statements I have seen of this forum. I wonder if any of you hate posters have ever thought that your words might inspire someone to kill innocent people.

All of the victims were women, one of them is pregnant. Surly these women had great influence on ME affairs. To level such hate on someone only because they belong to the same religion as a foreign government is a common form of hate crimes.

Next time you make a “Hate Post”, maybe you should think about what you might become responsible for.

[MAD]Stop the Hate![/MAD]

2. Report bad ads?
    lavikor201's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The Price of Blind Hate

If this happend in a Mosque people here would be outraged. But since the people who are victims are Jews, and the shooter was a Muslim of Pakistani descent, I doubt you will get huge outrage here.
    The Price of Blind Hate

wwwislamicboardcom - The Price of Blind Hate

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201 View Post
    If this happend in a Mosque people here would be outraged. But since the people who are victims are Jews, and the shooter was a Muslim of Pakistani descent, I doubt you will get huge outrage here.
    Huge outrage? I expect no outrage for the reasons that you mentioned.
    I just hope 1 hate poster will stop and think.

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

There are a lot of planks in the world. I thank God I'm not one of them.

The plank that carried out this act is a scumbag. Killing of civilians is wrong. This guy is a super plank for doing so.
    The Price of Blind Hate

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''

6. Report bad ads?
    Sis786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It has nothing to do with the HATE mail. This man like many must have been watching the news on TV and this has led him to take this action.

i dont believe in killing innocents and thats why i hate ISRAEL and all her allies. I before this war in Lebanom would have liked to believe that NO ISRAEL aint that bad and no Amercia doesnt have a grudge agaisnt the Muslim world but this war was uncalled for and its clear the intentions of the West.

Im not saying that this man has done is right but maybe you should stop and think that many preg women and small children are being killed in the same manner and in larger numbers in Pal and in Lebanom.

Sometimes it takes action for some to think...lets hope that the lives lost in this attack will make the wider community see that innocents being killed for no reason is no joke and this needs to stop whereever!

SirZubair's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786 View Post
    Im not saying that this man has done is right but maybe you should stop and think that many preg women and small children are being killed in the same manner and in larger numbers in Pal and in Lebanom.
    If that man had his Islamic Thinking Cap on at the time, he would have realised that Islam doesn't believe in Collective guilt. So killing a group of innocent people for something that They have no part in, is unislamic. ( i am not saying you said it is islamic )

We as muslims should always Remember that : No soul bears the burden of another soul.

I am sure all christians on this forum agree with that statement.
    The Price of Blind Hate

wwwislamicboardcom - The Price of Blind Hate
    Dont Mistake My Harshness For Strength And Neither Mistake My Kindness For Weakness.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SirZubair View Post

If that man had his Islamic Thinking Cap on at the time, he would have realised that Islam doesn't believe in Collective guilt. So killing a group of innocent people for something that They have no part in, is unislamic. ( i am not saying you said it is islamic )

We as muslims should always Remember that : No soul bears the burden of another soul.

I am sure all christians on this forum agree with that statement.
    I agree with you, but im trying to expain that sometimes what we see can drive us to do insane things, This man was clearly upset with what he saw that he would kill someone else in daylight and ovbs bear the consequences!

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hope this guy is punished in accordance with the law. There is no excuse for such behaviour. This guy must have been angry at Lebanese civilians being killed by Israeli bombs - but shooting civilians lowers him to the same level of his perceived enemies.

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Those killed where not a victim of hate but a victim of something else. The man who killed them acted out of rage and most probably out of a lack of knowledge of islam. Rage can do terrible things indeed but its not suprising, its even more suprising that more such things are not taking place. If i had family in lebanon that got killed by the israelli's Allah knows what the rage will make me do.

Audhubillah !!

PS: Agreed wiv Muezzin
    The Price of Blind Hate

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

12. Report bad ads?
    Silver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This man's crime is in no ways justified whatever his motives were even if he was angry about what's going on here in Lebanon or here in Palestine.What did he get form killing innocent people?

HeiGou's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It has nothing to do with the HATE mail. This man like many must have been watching the news on TV and this has led him to take this action.
    Yet somewhere, somehow, he must have got the idea that an appropriate response to murder in the Middle East, if that is what it is, is to murder some Jews in Canada. What is the connection between the TV news and some elderly Jews in Canada exactly? How did this man come to think there was one?

i dont believe in killing innocents and thats why i hate ISRAEL and all her allies.
    And perhaps some of her enemies - aren't the Israelis killed in night clubs and on buses and in playgrounds innocent too?

b ut this war was uncalled for and its clear the intentions of the West.
    To re-state the obvious, Hezbollah fired rockets on Israel, crossed the border, murdered some soldiers and kidnapped two others. They may have over-reacted but this war was provoked. Hezbollah did ask for it.

How are the intentions of the West clear?

Perhaps you would support the British government if as a response to the 7-7 bombing they rounded up 52 LI posters at random and shot them in the back of the head? Sure it wouldn't be right but it would make some people stop and think. Do you really want to go down that path?

Sometimes it takes action for some to think...lets hope that the lives lost in this attack will make the wider community see that innocents being killed for no reason is no joke and this needs to stop whereever!
    See above. If you are happy to support such a policy in Canada I am really coming around to the idea it might be worth a try in Britain. Do you think that burning 52 British Muslims at random and cutting the legs or poking out the eyes of over 700 others would be an appropriate response to the 7-7 bombings? If not, why do you come so very close to doing so in Canada?
    The Price of Blind Hate

Le coeur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connait pas. - Blaise Pascal

scentsofjannah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201 View Post

we dont need to stress how such things are unacceptable in Islam..but then again didnt an angry jewish settler shoot an Israeli Arab two days later?..lets see some 'outrage' from you.
    The Price of Blind Hate

All of them worship out of fear of fire
    and consider deliverance abundant good fortune
    or so they may dwell in the gardens , and reach to the meadows of paradise and there drink from its rivers
    of gardens or fire i have no opinion
    I seek no exchange for my Dearest Love

Rabia Al Adawiya

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Troubled Shooting suspect was a BAPTISED CHRISTIAN

Shooting suspect was baptized
    Just part of the enigma he proved himself to friends

By SCOTT GUTIERREZ
    P-I REPORTER

RICHLAND -- Those who knew Naveed Haq said Saturday that to them he was an enigma, a puzzle that they wish they could have solved before his deadly rampage in a Seattle Jewish center.

Stunned and saddened by the news, some of Haq's acquaintances recounted many of what they saw as the contradictions of his life.

He held a degree in electrical engineering and was the son of a successful engineer, yet he couldn't keep a regular job. He was smart, creative and skilled as a writer. He recently won an essay contest for a U.S. Institute of Peace scholarship.

Yet Haq was frustrated at his lack of friends and female companionship.He told friends he felt alienated from his own family, in part because his career had disappointed his father and also because he had disavowed Islam last year, converting to Christianity.

Haq had begun studying the Bible, attending weekly men's spiritual group meetings, only to stop coming a few months after his baptism.

He had told the group's leader that he seen too much anger in Islam and that he wanted to find a new beginning in Christianity.

Yet in the midst of his shooting spree in Seattle Friday, he declared himself an angry Muslim.

Acquaintances said he never seemed the fanatic religious extremist he played out on Friday. Instead some think his anger was really directed at problems in his personal and professional life.

"Naveed had the profile of the guy who just couldn't get things together," said Erik Neilsen, a Richland resident who let Haq live with him for three months in 2004. He said he thinks several problems compounded for Haq, and he just exploded.

"I wish I could have done something about it. I look back in retrospect and say 'Is there anything I could have done.'"

Last winter, Haq began attending a weekly men's group meeting led by a member of the Word of Faith Church in Kennewick.

The group's leader, Albert Montelongo, said Haq started studying the Bible and in December he underwent a water baptism at the non-denominational church, performed by Montelongo. He said Haq accepted his new faith, though he knew that he would also be offending his own family and its deeply rooted culture. His father, Mian Haq, was among the founders of the Islamic Center of the Tri-Cities in Richland.

Montelongo said Haq seemed depressed by the tension that had grown between him and his family. And he said Haq talked about suffering from bipolar disorder. But that he seemed to improve in how he coped with what Montelongo described as his own anger.

A few months after he was baptized, though, Haq stopped coming to the men's group meetings. Montelongo last heard from Haq in a message that said he was going to Seattle to find a job. He said he tried to call Haq several times but never reached him.

Then on Friday, Montelongo said he saw the news in Seattle and thought the man in police custody looked like Haq.

"I don't understand that. That throws me off from everything he was doing here," Montelongo said. "That blew me away."

"We'll be praying for him and everybody that was hurt in what happened, and everybody that's involved in it," Montelongo said.

At the Islamic Center of Tri-Cities, a senior member, Muhammad Kaleem Ullah, said that Haq stopped attending regularly after he graduated from Richland High School in 1994. He said Haq would attend off and on while visiting his parents and that he surprised members on a Friday two weeks ago with a visit.

"This is a totally sad day for us. This is the closest I've ever come to something like this," said Ullah. "What could have been going on in his brain has been very hard to figure out."

After high school, Haq enrolled in dentistry school at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, N.Y., something his father encouraged. But after about four years of study, Haq decided to quit school and return home. That also created some tension between father and son, Ullah said.

Instead Haq went to Washington State University, where he earned a degree in electrical engineering.

Efforts to reach his family were unsuccessful.

In March, Haq was arrested for lewd conduct at a Tri-Cities mall. It was Ullah he called to bail him out of jail, because he was too embarrassed to call his own family, Ullah said.

The family was very distraught at Friday's events, Ullah said, based on a conversation he had with Haq's father after his son's arrest.

Haq apparently moved back and forth between Tri-Cities and Seattle while he was looking for employment. At one point, he told Neilsen, the friend with whom he lived for a few months in 2004, that he was working as a security guard at a Seattle area department store. Neilsen said he'd lost touch with Haq until about six weeks ago when he got an e-mail from Haq, saying his friend had started work at a Home Depot store in Everett.

He said it seemed odd that someone with a degree in engineering had taken an unskilled job. It seemed to him that Haq had trouble keeping steady employment and that he often lacked focus in his career.

Neilsen said he thinks Haq's issues with family, his religion and even his social life just compounded. He said he believed his friend wanted desperately to fit into mainstream U.S. society. But he felt like an outcast in his own family.

Neilsen, a fellow engineer, said he was deeply saddened at Friday's news.

"I've had conversations with him; he'd come over and we'd have a cigar in my back yard and have a nice talk. And all of a sudden, it's like 'What happened? What happened to you?'."

Scott Gutierrez can be reached at 206-448-8334 or [email protected].
    The Price of Blind Hate

or so they may dwell in the gardens , and reach to the meadows of paradise and there drink from its rivers

Rabia Al Adawiya

Somalina's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

´~salaam~

This is a trial,,and that man obvisously failed,,,If he truelly wanted to take action,he should have recruited to go to jihad against "THE KILLERS" the military of israel that is,,not the innocent civilians,
    Allah is with those who have patience in tymes of great
    difficulty,,

I am outraged about this war ,,i have no words to describe it,,Sometimes i feel
    like am also waiting to be killed too,,i mean a man wrote wat the americans planned for the muslim nations,,iraq to lebanon to syria to iran,,it's just a matter of time and gathering "excuses"to wage a war

Heigou u mean to say,,lebanese "prisoners" are guilty for having defended their country thus are "war criminals,terrorists" and "NEED" to stay and die in israeli"prisons" ,,Allahu Akbar,,Hezbollah has "A RIGHT TO BRING BACK THEIR FELLOW BROS AND SIS,AND HAVE THE RIGHT TO DEFEND THEMSELVES,,,

"..Take not life, which Allah hath made sacred, except by way of justice and law: thus does He command you, that ye may learn wisdom." (al-An'am 6:151)

That's the Quran right there,Crystal clear,No Error indeed

"Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loves not transgressors. And kill them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, kill them. Such is the reward of those who reject faith. But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more tumult or oppression, and there prevail justice and faith in Allah; but if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression. The prohibited month, for the prohibited month, and so for all things prohibited, there is the law of equality. If then any one transgresses the prohibition against you, transgress ye likewise against him. But fear Allah, and know that Allah is with those who restrain themselves." (al-Baqarah 2:190-194)

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HeiGou View Post
    Yet somewhere, somehow, he must have got the idea that an appropriate response to murder in the Middle East, if that is what it is, is to murder some Jews in Canada. What is the connection between the TV news and some elderly Jews in Canada exactly? How did this man come to think there was one?
    How do you know that its not appropriate to kill some random jew and this doesnt happen often so this man probarly did what he thought was a way to get back at the people of Israel. Again i will state that i dont agree with what has happened but this man has risked everything including his freedom. Why? is the question we should be asking this aint something normal what dorve this man, yes maybe a mintue of madness but why did he risk everything for something so stupid, why did her murder, these are the questions that should have been asked after 7/7 bombimgs these are the questions people fear asking!

And perhaps some of her enemies - aren't the Israelis killed in night clubs and on buses and in playgrounds innocent too?
    Yes i agree but to kill on top of killings is not helping as we can see above. Israels treatment of Pals has led people to hate them. They should look at tackling the terroism probelm rather than getting onvolved and creating more terror.

To re-state the obvious, Hezbollah fired rockets on Israel, crossed the border, murdered some soldiers and kidnapped two others. They may have over-reacted but this war was provoked. Hezbollah did ask for it.
    Oh so this called for FULL OUT WAR and the lives of many civillans!

How are the intentions of the West clear?
    Clear for those that wish to look closer at the whole war on terroism.

Perhaps you would support the British government if as a response to the 7-7 bombing they rounded up 52 LI posters at random and shot them in the back of the head? Sure it wouldn't be right but it would make some people stop and think. Do you really want to go down that path?
    Did i say i supported this man. Please mark the section i said this. All i said is that maybe this is how he saw this. This wasnt a random attack. This man went to murder someone why did he do it was what i was trying to answer i wasnt justifying his acts. AND no i wouldnt want to go down this path but clearly some do.

See above. If you are happy to support such a policy in Canada I am really coming around to the idea it might be worth a try in Britain. Do you think that burning 52 British Muslims at random and cutting the legs or poking out the eyes of over 700 others would be an appropriate response to the 7-7 bombings? If not, why do you come so very close to doing so in Canada?
    Thats a stupid question and im not even gonna try and answer this. May i make a suggestion that you read my post before replying...

Genius's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually the guy was a Muslim apostate to christianity. MUST DO RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING PROPAGANDA.
    The Price of Blind Hate

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake
    You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else
    We are all part of the same compost heap
    We are the all singing, all dancing, **** of the world

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    Actually the guy was a Muslim apostate to christianity. MUST DO RESEARCH BEFORE POSTING PROPAGANDA.

*sigh* if only
    The Price of Blind Hate

Rabia Al Adawiya

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

How do you know that its not appropriate to kill some random jew
    I was brought up right. Why do you think there is any doubt?

and this doesnt happen often so this man probarly did what he thought was a way to get back at the people of Israel.
    Sure. But someone taught this man to hate enough to kill innocent Canadians as a way of getting back at Israel. It is about that hate.

Again i will state that i dont agree with what has happened but this man has risked everything including his freedom.
    I love that "but".

He risked what exactly? I can't believe he has killed an innocent person and you make it sound like he was a hero.

why did her murder, these are the questions that should have been asked after 7/7 bombimgs these are the questions people fear asking!
    I agree we should have asked those questions after 7-7. And it is still not too late.

Did i say i supported this man. Please mark the section i said this. All i said is that maybe this is how he saw this. This wasnt a random attack. This man went to murder someone why did he do it was what i was trying to answer i wasnt justifying his acts. AND no i wouldnt want to go down this path but clearly some do.
    You come very close to it and you are defending him. It was a random attack. He chose to murder some Jews. Nothing to do with Israel at all. You do not know why he did what he did, you are inferring it. You are assuming what is reasonable and just to you is reasonable and just to him. That tells us a lot about you.

Thats a stupid question and im not even gonna try and answer this. May i make a suggestion that you read my post before replying...
    I don't think it is any more stupid than yours. How does what is going on in Lebanon relate in any way to the murder of a Canadian woman?
    The Price of Blind Hate

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Genius View Post
    And the evidence for this is what exactly?
    The Price of Blind Hate

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I was brought up right. Why do you think there is any doubt?
    No but what is right, this man may have not been bought up like you. What is wrong to you maybe right to him and that includes revenge.

Sure. But someone taught this man to hate enough to kill innocent Canadians as a way of getting back at Israel. It is about that hate.
    What you telling me it took this someone to tell this man to hate, Heigou its easy to start hating by putting your TV on. The Unjustice is there on the TV. We all see it on the News all day.

I love that "but

He risked what exactly? I can't believe he has killed an innocent person and you make it sound like he was a hero.
    Where did i say he was a hero or i said what he did is right, Im am trying to undertsand why a man did this what drove him. I fail to beleive i got up one morning and said "you know what i feel like killing a jew"

I agree we should have asked those questions after 7-7. And it is still not too late.
    No point if no one answers them!

You come very close to it and you are defending him. It was a random attack. He chose to murder some Jews. Nothing to do with Israel at all. You do not know why he did what he did, you are inferring it.
    I AM NOT DEFENDING HIM. I said i know this is wrong and there is nothing more i hate then innocents dying! BUT Im trying to explain why he MAY have done this. Im sure it wasnt for fun.

You are assuming what is reasonable and just to you is reasonable and just to him. That tells us a lot about you.
    No where did i say that. NO WAY would i do this or say this was right. But why it was done is something that im intrested in and you dont know me and you clearly have me confused.

I don't think it is any more stupid than yours. How does what is going on in Lebanon relate in any way to the murder of a Canadian woman?
    What question did i ask that was stupid?

The local news reported that he said it was because of what Israel was doing in Lebanon

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! The Price of Blind Hate Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The Price of Blind Hate