× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 59 visibility 5829

Meat from Australia

manaal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question Meat from Australia

Report bad ads?

Are all meat produced in australia halaal? I was told by several people that its ok to eated the corned mutton and other Australian meat products that are mported here as they are guaranteed to be halaal. How true is this?

On the subject of halaal food, is it true that some brands of cheddar cheese and mozarella may not be halaal (do sich cheeses include some non-halaal ingredient?)

Meat from Australia

“Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. " (16:125)

Rasulullah said, “Anyone who conceals (the defects of) a Muslim, Allah will conceal them (their defects) in this world and in the Hereafter.”
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Meat from Australia

format_quote Originally Posted by manaal View Post

Are all meat produced in australia halaal? I was told by several people that its ok to eated the corned mutton and other Australian meat products that are mported here as they are guaranteed to be halaal. How true is this?

On the subject of halaal food, is it true that some brands of cheddar cheese and mozarella may not be halaal (do sich cheeses include some non-halaal ingredient?)

I can answer about the Cheeses. I am a cheese lover. I never thought of the possibility that some cheese may contain a meat product. But, it is true. It is common for some cheese makers to add rennet to hard cheese to cause them to set faster and firmer. The source of the rennet is animal. We do not always know what animal the rennet came from so unless we know it is best to consider the firm cheeses to be haraam. There are Halaal hard cheeses on the market, usually found in specialty stores here in the US they are made either with properly prepared goat rennet or with no rennet or gelatin. When in doubt consider it Haraam.
    Meat from Australia

Herman 1 - Meat from Australia

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Should we consider cheeses produced by "Kraft" as haraam or halaal?
    Meat from Australia

“Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious. " (16:125)

Rasulullah said, “Anyone who conceals (the defects of) a Muslim, Allah will conceal them (their defects) in this world and in the Hereafter.”
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Australian meat labelled as halaal is halaal
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Should we consider cheeses produced by "Kraft" as haraam or halaal?
    I would not say all of them are, but I am suspicious of any of the firm ones or products made from firm cheeses. I would have to look at a label to see if it contains rennet or gelatin. If it contains either I would suspect it to be haraam as I would have no way to identify the source of either.

Some cheeses that are usually safe are cream cheese, cottage cheeses and many of the "white" farm cheeses.
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I see. Jazakallahu Kheir. I think I can live on cream cheese. That;s better than "no cheese" which what I hve been living for a long time now.
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

All australian beef and Kraft cheese in Malaysia have 'Halal' logo.... as long it's guaranteed halal ... it suppose to be halal...
    Meat from Australia

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ironically.. i cant answer about the cheese

but about the meat, um well as far as i know i dont think that is true... we only buy our meat from muslim places so thats halal... meat from super markets and stuff here isnt halal...

if the meat youre getting from australia actually says halal on it then you mgiht want to check out who its produced by... but why do you get meat from overseas in the first place?
    Meat from Australia

wwwislamicboardcom - Meat from Australia
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    if the meat youre getting from australia actually says halal on it then you mgiht want to check out who its produced by... but why do you get meat from overseas in the first place?
    We don;t produce canned meat here for one and for another, our econmy is so open to imports that we get alot of junk coming in from all over the world. Also sometimes freinds and relatives coming from abraod for a visit bring such things as gifts.

Lol about the cheese!!
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by cheese View Post
    but why do you get meat from overseas in the first place?
    Malaysia dont have enough cattles .... and Malaysians love beef....

The only 'meat' product that we could export ... is pork... I think Malaysia is the largest pork exporter in SE Asia.
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I just remembered Saudi Arabia produces very little of it's own food and nearly all food is imported into Saud. Much of their meat comes from the USA and Australia, so I'm assuming Halaal meat is exported from Australia.

Criteria for exporting meat from the USA to Saudi. I imagine it is the same for Australia.

Eligible/Ineligible Products
    Eligible
    Fresh/frozen red meat and offal and further processed red meat products.
    Poultry and poultry products.
    Ineligible
    Beef and lamb/mutton derived from animals originating in a State with a confirmed outbreak of vesicular stomatitis in the three months prior to slaughter. Information about the current vesicular stomatitis status can be obtained from the APHIS website at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ceah/nc...ce/vsv/vsv.htm. Additional information regarding the specific situation in a State can be obtained from the Technical Service Center.*

Labeling Requirements
    All products - Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (EXAMPLE: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C. "
    Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (Example: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C."
    Production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Mandatory Expiration Periods for Food Products.)
    Fresh/frozen meat and poultry. In addition to the labeling features mandatory in the United States, precut/processed and packaged meat and poultry must bear the following features:
    Bilingual labels - The Arabic language must be one of the languages used for declaration.
    A Statement must be included on the label that Halal product has been slaughtered according to Islamic principles. Metric net weight:
    Poultry - Chilled whole bird weights can range from 550-1800 g. Weight classes (grades) shall be divided by a difference of at least 100 g between the classes. There is a tolerance of 50 g within a class.
    Frozen poultry - Individual birds (units) within each box or carton shall be uniform in size and weight, with a tolerance not exceeding 10%.
    The use of the terminology "Keep Refrigerated" is not acceptable on labels for frozen product.
    The following labeling methods may be used as alternatives to comply with Labeling Requirements (Section B):
    Stickers - Must not interfere with label terminology and be self destructive on removal. Stickers covering existing labeling information are in violation. Adding stickers for production and expiration dates is not permissible.
    Inserts - Must be accompanied by production and expiration dates.
    Ink stamp - Ink must be indelible and legible. (Ink stamps are the least desirable labeling method.)
    Processed meat and poultry
    Features required on processed meat and poultry labels:
    bilingual labels with labeling features mandatory in the United States,
    metric net weights,
    identification of pork products (including lard), and
    production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Product Arrival and Expiration Date.)
    A Certificate of Islamic Slaughter is not required for processed meat and poultry products. If processed products are labeled with Halal claims, then origin raw materials must be from Muslim- approved operations and be accompanied with appropriate certificates supporting Islamic Slaughter.

Source: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/regulations...ents/index.asp
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    I just remembered Saudi Arabia produces very little of it's own food and nearly all food is imported into Saud. Much of their meat comes from the USA and Australia, so I'm assuming Halaal meat is exported from Australia.

Criteria for exporting meat from the USA to Saudi. I imagine it is the same for Australia.

Eligible/Ineligible Products
    Eligible
    Fresh/frozen red meat and offal and further processed red meat products.
    Poultry and poultry products.
    Ineligible
    Beef and lamb/mutton derived from animals originating in a State with a confirmed outbreak of vesicular stomatitis in the three months prior to slaughter. Information about the current vesicular stomatitis status can be obtained from the APHIS website at: http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ceah/nc...ce/vsv/vsv.htm. Additional information regarding the specific situation in a State can be obtained from the Technical Service Center.*

Labeling Requirements
    All products - Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (EXAMPLE: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C. "
    Storage temperature must be placed with the refrigeration statement on the boxes to fully clarify the type of product being handled. (Example: "KEEP FROZEN - store at or below ___°C; KEEP CHILLED (OR REFRIGERATE) - STORE BETWEEN ___°C AND ___°C."
    Production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Mandatory Expiration Periods for Food Products.)
    Fresh/frozen meat and poultry. In addition to the labeling features mandatory in the United States, precut/processed and packaged meat and poultry must bear the following features:
    Bilingual labels - The Arabic language must be one of the languages used for declaration.
    A Statement must be included on the label that Halal product has been slaughtered according to Islamic principles. Metric net weight:
    Poultry - Chilled whole bird weights can range from 550-1800 g. Weight classes (grades) shall be divided by a difference of at least 100 g between the classes. There is a tolerance of 50 g within a class.
    Frozen poultry - Individual birds (units) within each box or carton shall be uniform in size and weight, with a tolerance not exceeding 10%.
    The use of the terminology "Keep Refrigerated" is not acceptable on labels for frozen product.
    The following labeling methods may be used as alternatives to comply with Labeling Requirements (Section B):
    Stickers - Must not interfere with label terminology and be self destructive on removal. Stickers covering existing labeling information are in violation. Adding stickers for production and expiration dates is not permissible.
    Inserts - Must be accompanied by production and expiration dates.
    Ink stamp - Ink must be indelible and legible. (Ink stamps are the least desirable labeling method.)
    Processed meat and poultry
    Features required on processed meat and poultry labels:
    bilingual labels with labeling features mandatory in the United States,
    metric net weights,
    identification of pork products (including lard), and
    production and expiration dates (See OTHER REQUIREMENTS, section C -- Product Arrival and Expiration Date.)
    A Certificate of Islamic Slaughter is not required for processed meat and poultry products. If processed products are labeled with Halal claims, then origin raw materials must be from Muslim- approved operations and be accompanied with appropriate certificates supporting Islamic Slaughter.

Source: http://www.fsis.usda.gov/regulations...ents/index.asp
    nice job for informing this fact!!!
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

Vaseline's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think sis cheese may be correct. If it says Halaal on it, then I don't think it should be a problem but you still need to be cautious.
    Meat from Australia

If you would really like to see how Muslims keep it real, click on MV and you'll see
    chat Quote

F.Y.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salam
    Sis, you cant guarantee that stuff from overseas is halaal. You cant just go to any shop and buy the meat from there. In my opinion only buy meat from Halaal Meat shops.
    About cheese - there are certain types you cant eat. We only buy ones that have no animal rennet in there. If you are very serious about a particular food though, you can ring up the company (its usually a free number) and ask them if any of their products have animal derived ingredients. Otherwise, you can easily visit their website (e.g. Kraft website) and look under FAQ's or Nutirional information. If you still cant figure it out, email them.

Peace
    Meat from Australia

wwwislamicboardcom - Meat from Australia

“Verily passion turns kings into slaves, and patience turns slaves into kings…Do you not see the story of Yusuf and Zulaykha?”
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Lollypop's Mama
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian View Post
    Malaysia dont have enough cattles .... and Malaysians love beef....

The only 'meat' product that we could export ... is pork... I think Malaysia is the largest pork exporter in SE Asia.
    Oh my god. Pork? seriously? But isn't Malaysia an Islamic country?

But i was told that McDonald's outlets here in Sri Lanka import their meats from Malaysia and therefore it's all halall! I just took it for granted that it's true. Besides it has an official halaal certification as well!
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But i was told that McDonald's outlets here in Sri Lanka import their meats from Malaysia and therefore it's all halall! I just took it for granted that it's true. Besides it has an official halaal certification as well!
    There is some risk from all foods unless we raise it our selves and know what has happened to it step by step. That is no longer possible for most people so we do have to place some trust into the hands of others. Our only guides are the labels and the word of trusted sellers. As the population increases the more food will have to be imported. Nearly all of the wheat and cereal products in the Mid-East now comes from Canada or the USA. Russia may start being a large exporte if they have not already done so. Many countries can raise a surplus of one or two foods but very few can raise the entire varietie that is needed. Some countries like Saudi Arabia have little land suitable for agriculture. Only about 1 of Saudi is suitable for agriculture. very little can be produced in that small area. Some countries need to import virtualy 100% of any food they use. Qatar is one that I can think of. Of the countries that do produce food groups there are even less that produce meat. So as we become more dependent on imported meat, better means will need to be implimented to assure what we eat is halaal.
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    I would not say all of them are, but I am suspicious of any of the firm ones or products made from firm cheeses. I would have to look at a label to see if it contains rennet or gelatin. If it contains either I would suspect it to be haraam as I would have no way to identify the source of either.

Some cheeses that are usually safe are cream cheese, cottage cheeses and many of the "white" farm cheeses.
    i'm suspicious about the cheeses too...and i having suspicious about all type of cheeses...btw what is firm cheese?

i used to eat cheese ...now i totally avoid it...

However m'sia usually export australia meat...

about the pork thing...only the non-muslim produce it...

and our halal certification...will not allow any pork product to be made in the same halal factory...

our halal certification...is the strictest...in the world...
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Malaysia is a Muslim majority country with a VERY HUGE number of Chinese...

If you're talking about chicken meat used in McD, Malaysia have lots pf chicken too......

If you're talking about beef (Big Mac, cheeseburger) ... the beef are from elsewhere (might be Australia) but processed in Malaysia.

Malaysia want to be the world largest 'halal' food processor, producer and distributor in the world.... Halal Certification in Malaysia ... the only recognized halal lable (the official ones) contained the word JAKIM (Jabatan KEmajuan Islam Malaysia - Malaysian ISlamic Development Department). Only JAKIM allowed to give halal cert in M'sia!!!
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Meat from Australia

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla View Post
    i'm suspicious about the cheeses too...and i having suspicious about all type of cheeses...btw what is firm cheese?

i used to eat cheese ...now i totally avoid it...

However m'sia usually export australia meat...

about the pork thing...only the non-muslim produce it...

and our halal certification...will not allow any pork product to be made in the same halal factory...

our halal certification...is the strictest...in the world...
    The firm cheeses are the so called hard cheeses that are normaly aged. Some examples would be Cheddar, Colby, Swiss, etc. They can be made without rennet or gelatin but the process is very slow with much waste, so they are quite expensive. They can also be made with rennet and the rennet can be from a halal source. The Halal ones are less expensive then the ones mentioned above but usually more expensive than the non-halal. The ones made with gelatin are usually the cheapest and nearly always haraam. They usually taste lousey too.

Processed cheeses are any type of cheese which is altered by cooking, grinding, melting, reshaped etc. some examples would be American Cheese, Velveeta, Cheese Whiz, Cheese dips etc.
    Cheese food product is anything that contains some cheese, tastes like cheese, but is predominatly non-cheese. Imitation cheeses are just that No chesse usually contains tofu, vegetable oil or other vegetable products, Usually Halal and some really do taste and melt like real cheese.
    Meat from Australia

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Meat from Australia Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Meat from Australia