Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

*~who speaks out and takes charge?~*

Report bad ads?

salaam

i'm not sure about you all but i've noticed that (in the west) it is usually the converts that get up take charge. hamza yusuf, yusuf islam, zaid shakir, ingrid mattison...all are such great speakers and known in the muslim communities as leaders!

i've always appreciated and loved converts oh so much! the courage it takes for you all to go against the status quo and convert into a different religion. to deal with all the hardships your family and friends might've put you through! but you all are soo wonderful! to look past all of that in search for the truth.

i believe that one truly is a muslim when he/she finds a reason that satisfies his/her heart from the deepest nooks and corners of why he is muslim? just one fact that satisfies our being of why our chosen deen is correct. and mashaAllah you all have done so!

i just wish that non-converts would stand up more too! i'm sure many already do but why not more!!!

and one big hug to all you converted sistas and a big smile for my brothers!

walaikum assalaam
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: *~who speaks out and takes charge?~*

i noticed that too...

i think everyone should have the spirits and take charge ...

but maybe i'm wrong...maybe they're more famous than the born muslim...(is not they're not taking charge...but they're not that famous)

heart 1 - *~who speaks out and takes charge?~*

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

syedanoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

^perhaps

but why not we all take charge?

i have a few converted frnds too and they all just seem to be more involved and take more interest in the muslim community than the muslim borns do

walaikum assalaam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i'm not sure about you all but i've noticed that (in the west) it is usually the converts that get up take charge. hamza yusuf, yusuf islam, zaid shakir, ingrid mattison...all are such great speakers and known in the muslim communities as leaders!
    yes its very shameful to us born-and-bred-muslims that these ppl give to islam in their few years conversion more than what we ever did in our 20+ years....

the courage it takes for you all to go against the status quo and convert into a different religion. to deal with all the hardships your family and friends might've put you through! but you all are soo wonderful! to look past all of that in search for the truth.
    totally agree..... some brothers and sisters of ours also have to fight not-their-very-islamic families who could be sometimes even worse than non muslim families all coz of culture blah blah blah........

some muslims need a wake up SLAP
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When it comes to 'religious'.. I think the reverts are more religious than most born muslims. Just look at the mosques (here in Malaysia).. Chinese reverts seems more religious than the Malays.

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It only makes sense that a revert would be more noticible. A revert has lived the life of a Non-Muslim and is very much more in tune, with the thinking of Non-Muslims than a born Muslim is. This means that they feel more comfortable and are more diplomatic when speaking to non-Muslims. They end up getting more encouragement to speak from both Muslims and Muslims, so they become more inclined to speak.

Herman 1 - *~who speaks out and takes charge?~*

chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! *~who speaks out and takes charge?~* Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. *~who speaks out and takes charge?~*