× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 67 visibility 9202

how do you make pakoras?

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking how do you make pakoras?

Report bad ads?

am jus hoping someone can help moi...so i can learn to make pakora this year inshalah for ramadan...last year i made it...it turned out soo wrong....wallahi...

anybody knw? if u dnt mind...sharing ur secret recipe? if there is one.....lol....

it sounds weird.....seriously i need help inshalah....

i knw its not rocket science......but..but...the spice, flour...the amount and eveything confuses moi...

how do you make pakoras?

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Azhar786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: how do you make pakoras?

salaam
    u use basan(flour) u get from the shop! u can add onoins spices salt to ur need stear them in water noy to much and u can dip patatoes in it as well! my favorite!!! then put them in oil until they go brown and take them out!! they do say men r better cooks then women lol
    wsalaam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Azhar786 View Post
    salaam
    u use basan(flour) u get from the shop! u can add onoins spices salt to ur need stear them in water noy to much and u can dip patatoes in it as well! my favorite!!! then put them in oil until they go brown and take them out!! they do say men r better cooks then women lol
    wsalaam

wots basan flour? cant jus add plain flour from sainsbury? which type of spices is needed most? haldi, zeera, mirch or dhaniya......dunno

jus wanna make it for my mum....
    how do you make pakoras?

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

LOL...shukran for the sites...was about to search....

do have recipe book.....
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Yara Dil Dara's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA View Post
    erm...i was asking about the recipe...the ingredients...not about da appearance...

stay on topic inshalah....
    Sorry my bad.

Either way thank Allah he made Punjabi's unless the world wold have been fugly.

Here sis try:
    http://www.pakirecipes.com/
    chat Quote

Azhar786's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wots basan flour? cant jus add plain flour from sainsbury? which type of spices is needed most? haldi, zeera, mirch or dhaniya......dunno

jus wanna make it for my mum....

basan u get from asian shops if u hav 1near by go and ask them!!haldi not to much zeera just a small amount and the mirch use chilli powder and u can add dhaniya2
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Azhar786 View Post

basan u get from asian shops if u hav 1near by go and ask them!!haldi not to much zeera just a small amount and the mirch use chilli powder and u can add dhaniya2

ohhhh..basan mean chick pea flour rite? dnt have in my house at the moment....

sooo i simply add basan.....how many grams?
    salt
    onions..hw many?
    bit of haldi....
    zeera...slightly..about 1 spoon
    chilli powder..
    dhaniya...
    also i can add any veggie....potatoes are best....

theres another pakora but its made wid dhal....the lentil is blended first....
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok, firstly everyone has their own version of the recipe. When you get used to making them, you'll see what I mean lol.

I'll give you two versions here.. But although we never measure the ingredients, I'll try my best to explain how much stuff u should add.

Ingredients
    Gram flour, 2-3 onions, 2-3 potatoes, 3-4 green chillies, handful of fresh coriander, 2tbs dry coriander, red chilli powder, salt. Baking soda (if u want them fluffy) Oil for frying.

Method
    Wash and chop potatoes, onions, fresh coriander and add to bowl.
    Add about one and a half cups of gram flour.
    Now little by little begin to add water stirring all the time. Be careful not to make mixture too runny. It should be of the consistency that if scooped up with a spoon it does not drip.

I left the spices until last so that you can add them according to your taste.
    Roughly add 1tsp of chilli powder and same amount of salt to begin with.
    Add heaped tbsp of dry coriander and mix.

Taste the mixture and adjust amount of chilli & salt if needed. (salt and chilli must taste a little stronger than how you'd prefer the final taste - as cooking reduces the flavour).

Mix everything properly as gram flour can get lumpy. Scoop table spoon size dollops and fry until golden brown.

----

2) Ingredients (this tastes just as good even with fewer ingredients)
    Chop potatoes and onions. Add gram flour. Add salt and chilli and dry coriander. Fry.

----
    I'll give u another one, which is not for pakoras but which you'll equally enjoy eating inshaAllah.

Spicy potato scallops.
    Peel and slice potatoes as they are. e.g round shape. Not of more than 3-5 mm thickness.

Separately, make a paste of gram flour, salt, red chilli, garam masala. Not too thick and not too runny.

Dip potato slices in mixture and fry. Yummy.

Note: Dried pomogranate seeds can be added to pakoras for tangy flavour.
    And I shall reveal my secret ingredient as well. For an extra zing, add tandoori masala to all the above recipes. (Optional of course!). Dry/fresh coriander can also be left out of pakoras.

What about the chutney?

1) Take 1-2 green chillies. Two handfuls of green coriander. Two cloves of garlic and grind with pestal and mortar. Add to plain yogurt and a generous pinch of salt. Nice with kebabs, pakoras and curries.

2) Add a generous pinch of salt and half a tsp of tandoori masala to cup of yogurt and beat well. Hey presto! A delightful dip for pakoras.

Happy Ramadhan!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

shukran sis.....man am getting the idea.....need to get gram flour.....i'll check me cupboard...

u knw the potato spicy scallop...dse the potato need to bu cut into 4 pieces or cut into slilces?

shukran for the chutney...my mum makes da bset chutneys man.....
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

shukran sis.....man am getting the idea.....need to get gram flour.....i'll check me cupboard...

u knw the potato spicy scallop...dse the potato need to bu cut into 4 pieces or cut into slilces?

shukran for the chutney...my mum makes da bset chutneys man.....
    Ur wc sis. For the scallops slice the potatoes like crisps. Gol Mol like this >>> O Lol!

Awww ur mom's chutneys sound delicious kay:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis View Post
    Ur wc sis. For the scallops slice the potatoes like crisps. Gol Mol like this >>> O Lol!

Awww ur mom's chutneys sound delicious kay:

shukran for that sis...am gna practice this out now inshalah...will let u knw da result...

so for the scallop..jus make the paste and dip the potates and fry it.....okay sounds easy.....am printing ur info out....
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you mean bajjaas have ya ever tried corn in them? it tastes real nice.
    how do you make pakoras?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yum Yum Yum these pakoras sound great I'm going to try them this ramadhan Insha'allah.
    The Indian/Guyanese over here make these kind of fritters using basan flour also but it doesn't have any potatos or anything in it but they put alot of turmeric and they call it "palawri" or something like that
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Pakoras are awesome I wish i knew how to make them

how do you make pakoras?

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

shukran for that sis...am gna practice this out now inshalah...will let u knw da result...

so for the scallop..jus make the paste and dip the potates and fry it.....okay sounds easy.....am printing ur info out....
    lolol ok sis. I hope they turn out nice. Get practicing before Ramdhan then you can make them with confidence when the time comes.

If they don't turn out well, I'll measure the ingredients the next time I make them inshaAllah. And yeah just dip the potatoes in the paste/batter and fry. Oh and add a good pinch of baking powder in it.

format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed View Post

Pakoras are awesome I wish i knew how to make them

You still don't know? :confused:
    Last edited by Snowflake; 09-11-2006 at 01:50 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah View Post
    Yum Yum Yum these pakoras sound great I'm going to try them this ramadhan Insha'allah.
    The Indian/Guyanese over here make these kind of fritters using basan flour also but it doesn't have any potatos or anything in it but they put alot of turmeric and they call it "palawri" or something like that

is it fried?
    thats bajjas too
    how do you make pakoras?

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post

you mean bajjaas have ya ever tried corn in them? it tastes real nice.
    nooooo...i havt it....is it the same ingredients and stuff....jus made fish cakes...hmmmmm...tasty....am jus making diff dishes...practice before making it for ramadan!!!!!!
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

muslimah sis...add baking powder to da scallop too?
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

nooooo...i havt it....is it the same ingredients and stuff....jus made fish cakes...hmmmmm...tasty....am jus making diff dishes...practice before making it for ramadan!!!!!!

i dont know i dunno how to make any of them, just know that with carn it gives this nice sweety crunch. and FISH CAKES. dya mean the salt fish cakes? i want some of that no not some loads.
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by amani View Post

i dont know i dunno how to make any of them, just know that with carn it gives this nice sweety crunch. and FISH CAKES. dya mean the salt fish cakes? i want some of that no not some loads.
    yeah its dat fish cakes.....am jus trying out...

2moro i'll make pakora...den da potato scallops...den aubergines scallop.....

wish i cud give it to somehow.....
    how do you make pakoras?

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! how do you make pakoras? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. how do you make pakoras?