× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 56 visibility 10570

Unknown facts about the 4 Imaams of Fiqh.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

Do you know some surprising facts about the 4 imaams of fiqh that others might not have known?

Imaam Abu Hanifah

Imaam Malik ibn Anas

Imaam Shafi'ie

Imaam Ahmad

Did you know that Imaam Malik wanted to be a singer when he was young?

You can find out more about his life off the following link insha'Allaah:

http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...eroes+of+islam

Mention your facts here insha'Allaah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Unknown facts about the 4 Imaams of Fiqh.

All 4 Imaams were imprisoned atleast once within their lifetime.

Imaam Abu Hanifah was punched and tortured and his face was bleeding, he was sad because he felt that his mum would feel hurt due to his torture.

Imaam Malik's was tortured too, his shoulders got dislocated and his arms got damaged. He had to perform salaah with his hands on his side, due to the injury.

Imaam Shafi'ie was imprisoned because people spread false rumours about him, saying that he was planning on overthrowing the government with other groups.

Imaam Ahmad was whipped 80 times by the khalifah's strongest whippers, because he never agreed with the khalifah.*

*The khalifah said that the Qur'an was the creation of Allaah, but the view of the Ahlus Sunnah (the people of sunnah) is that the Qur'an is the actual word of Allaah Almighty.)
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 09-18-2006 at 02:07 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imaam Abu Hanifah was a part time business man, but also studied fiqh. His dad had left a clothes business, so Imaam Abu Hanifah continued this business throughout his life part time.

Imaam Malik
    's dad was a scholar of Hadith, his dad also created arrows.

Imaam Ahmad was poor within his lifetime - unlike the two scholars above. He would earn money by carrying people's loads, and would travel to places by foot instead of transport. He would make copies of books for people, and would earn a small income through that.
    chat Quote

Ghazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imam Malik wanted to be a singer when he was younger never knew that, jazzakallah.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imaam Abu Hanifah was Persian by descent and travelled alot within his lifetime. After the age of 16, he made hajj every year in his lifetime.

Imaam Malik never left Medinah, he was born there and he died there. His descent was originally from Yemen.

Imaam Shafi'ie was born in Palestine. He travelled alot and loved spear throwing. His family was from Quraysh, the descendants of Haashim, a forefather of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.)

Imaam Ahmad was born in Baghdad, Iraq and studied there. He was an orphan, so his mother would help him wake up early for fajr, and would help him go to the masjid so he could study islaam.
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 09-15-2006 at 12:24 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth View Post

Imam Malik wanted to be a singer when he was younger never knew that, jazzakallah.

Yeah, but his mom said to him that you havn't got the looks - which made him back off. lol subhanAllaah.

Even though he was extremely handsome and had a beautiful voice masha'Allaah.

In the lecture in the heroes of islam [the link i posted earlier] - it's reported that he had blonde hair and blue eyes.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Last edited by - Qatada -; 09-13-2006 at 07:44 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imaam Abu Hanifah did meet Imaam Malik within his lifetime.

Imaam Malik met Imaam Shafi'ie within his lifetime.

Imaam Shafi'ie met Imaam Ahmad within his lifetime.

So even if they had different opinions, they still loved each other for the sake of Allaah Almighty. So we should do the same insha'Allaah.

Allaah Almighty knows best.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imaam Abu Hanifah was influenced by a wise man (Imaam Sha'bie) to study islam, even though Abu Hanifah was a good debator - this was his turning point.

Imaam Malik's dad once asked Malik a question when he was just a boy. Malik's older brother got the answer right, but Malik never. His dad shouted at him and told him that he wasted too much of his time playing with the birds.'

So Imaam Malik went to his mother and she took him to Masjid un-Nabawi (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam) to study islam.

This was his turning point.
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 09-15-2006 at 12:29 PM.
    chat Quote

Khayal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashaAllah Brother, very good sharing..

Jazaak ALLAH khayr..:rose:

Even a Smile is charity!

Indiana20singingJPG 1 - Unknown facts about the 4 Imaams of Fiqh.

khayal 2 - Unknown facts about the 4 Imaams of Fiqh.

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'allah brother Jazakallah Khair for sharing
    chat Quote

Umm Safiya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hehe, Malik wanted to be a singer.. That was kinda funny subhân Allâh..

Barak Allâhu fîk akhî.. It is very interesting, keep it coming insha Allâh..

أم ذي عينين كبيرين

صفية و عمر
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah khair brother!

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As salamu alaykum,

MashaAllah Akhee, JazakAllahu Khayran for sharing!!
    chat Quote

Duhaa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

JazakAllah Khair. It's always interesting to know about the four imaams.

It always suprised me before but now I suppose i'm used to it that the sihaaey sitta (Bukhari Shareef, Muslim Shareef, Tirmidhi Shareef, Abu Dawud Shareef, Nasaaey Shareef and Ibn Maja Shareef) authors all follow one of these imaams. Call me stupid but when I first started studying ahaadith I thought that they came before the four imams. It was only when I started studying these great books that I realised that the muhaddith came after these imams.

Imam Abu Hanifah's name is Nu'man.

Not a lot (sorry) but that's all i can remember at the top of my head. i'll have to dig up my notes....
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Duhaa View Post
    It always suprised me before but now I suppose i'm used to it that the sihaaey sitta (Bukhari Shareef, Muslim Shareef, Tirmidhi Shareef, Abu Dawud Shareef, Nasaaey Shareef and Ibn Maja Shareef) authors all follow one of these imaams. Call me stupid but when I first started studying ahaadith I thought that they came before the four imams. It was only when I started studying these great books that I realised that the muhaddith came after these imams.

Yeah subhan Allaah, i was listening in an awlaki lecture and he was saying that when Allaah wants to create a situation, He create's its means.

So we know that when Fiqh was needed soo much within the muslim ummah - Allaah azawajal sent the imaams of Fiqh [especially the 4 above] within the same timespan.

When the ummah needed hadith, Allaah azawajal sent the 6 imaams of hadith [the ones you mentioned] within the same timespan (i.e. in the same century.)

Therefore, now that the ummah needs a khalifah and a muslim nation - Allaah azawajal is testing the muslims and giving us trials, because all this is for a greater purpose. Allaah subhanahu wa ta'aala is preparing us for victory insha'Allaahu ta'aala.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some Facts about Imaam Shafi'ie

Imaam Shaf'ie was born in Gaza - Phillistine (Palestine) in the same year that Imaam Abu Hanifah passed away [188 AH (After Hijrah.) [767 - 820]

Imaam Shaf'ie passed away at the age of 57.

His voice was so beautiful that when he would recite Qur'an - the people would cry until they felt they would faint.

He became haafiz (memorised) the whole of Qur'an at the age of 7.

He became a faqeeh (scholar of fiqh) within his 20's.

His father was Idrees ibn Abbaas, who passed away at the age of 30. When Muhammad (Shafi'ie's real name) was very young. He lived his life as an orphan, and his mother was a widow in her 20's.

After his father had passed away, him and his mother moved to Makkah (from Gaza) to preserve his lineage [as he was from the descendants of Haashim] - and to study islam, to learn how to write and read, and to memorise Qur'an.

They couldn't afford to pay the fees, but the teacher accepted him anyway, but with a condition - he had to lookafter the class if the teacher left.

When the teacher taught verses of Qur'an to the students, Shafi'ie would automatically learn them off by heart.

After memorising the whole of Qur'an at the age of 7, he started to study and memorise hadith of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.)

He had two sons and two daughters, he named both sons Muhammad, and his daughters were called Zaynab, and Fatimah.

He died in egypt at the age of 57.

Last edited by - Qatada -; 09-15-2006 at 12:45 PM.
    chat Quote

learningislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashaAllah nice thread......
    JazakAllah for sharing

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Imaam Shafi'ie studied under Imaam Malik, and also under a famous student of Imaam Abu Hanifa called Muhammad ibn al-Hasan al-Shaybani.

Imaam Shafi'ie also studied Firaasa [insight], a special technique in which the one who studied Firaasa could easily figure out what kind of person they were talking to, or seeing i.e. If the person was a good person or not, what kind of life they lived, were they people who had fear of Allaah azawajal or not etc.

Umar bin Khattaab (radhiAllaahu anhu) - a companion of the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) also knew this technique, and there are a few hadith which prove this.

He got so much knowledge regarding this technique, that he got scared that it would cause fitnah (trials) among the people, so he burnt all his books.

He also loved Medicine, and when he met a doctor in Egypt - the doctor actually thought Imam Shafi'ie was a professional doctor from Iraq (due to his deep knowledge regarding Medicine.)

Imaam Shafi'ie ate a substance which strengthened a person's memory, but this lead to him having piles before he died, which meant he bled continuously. This weakened him alot, and one of his student's said to him "may Allaah strenghthen your weakness" - but Imaam Shafi'ie told him that if Allaah strengthened his weakness, he would die (even though his student never intended it that way.)
    Last edited by - Qatada -; 09-18-2006 at 01:40 PM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm only discussing imaam shaf'ie right now because i'm hearing some lectures regarding him, which i can't find the download link to yet. But if i find it - i'll post it up insha'Allah.

i'll discuss the others in depth too insha'Allaah soon.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashAllah, wonderful share bro. =)
    Jazak Allah

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Unknown facts about the 4 Imaams of Fiqh. Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Unknown facts about the 4 Imaams of Fiqh.