× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 32 visibility 3658

Name Ur Fav Junk Food?....here Only.......

Helena's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    as one ummah the burden we share inshAllah!!!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking Name Ur Fav Junk Food?....here Only.......

Report bad ads?

this thread is basically about naming ur fav junk food? how frequently u have it?.........if u have it, howmany times...and how it can be stopped as there are disadvantages to junk food....as its not healthy......

u cud raise question such if certain things are halaal in islam...e.g...macdonalds, pizza hut, nandos, and so on...

u can chat anything here...only about junk food.......and remember dont go off-topic...otherwise i see this thread future clearly...closed..closed...

finally u cud also advertise ur fav resturants, or take away shop where u live in....inshalah........

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Inshallah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Name Ur Fav Junk Food?....here Only.......

I don't want to invade this thread but i hate junkfood and i don't eat outside food it is very unhealthy for you. If you want to stay in good shape and sustain a healthy life style ignore it.

2 Much FAT
    2 Much SALT
    2 Much SUGAR

If you eat junk food once in a blue moon it's ok but making it a habbit is not good for your body.

I eat Pizza Hut like once in 3 months with my friends
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah View Post
    I don't want to invade this thread but i hate junkfood and i don't eat outside food it is very unhealthy for you. If you want to stay in good shape and sustain a healthy life style ignore it.

2 Much FAT
    2 Much SALT
    2 Much SUGAR

If you eat junk food once in a blue moon it's ok but making it a habbit is not good for your body.
    agreed.....this is junk food thread..simply state ur views...anything at all....dnt mind....

good points raised......yeap once in a while is absolutely fine.....that wos me and my family do...once in a while we eat out and about......mostly home made food....

u serioulsy dnt eat any junk food?...woah how can u possibly live? even a sip of coke?......woah.....

All i hope is for my mums happiness.Shes my light.Shes my dunya.Her tears are my weakness.Her sadness breaks my heart.She is my mirror.A mirror that keeps me alive.Without her am nothing.shes my saaya.How can i leave her.I pray to Allah(swt) to keep me with her forever inshAllah.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA View Post
    agreed.....this is junk food thread..simply state ur views...anything at all....dnt mind....

good points raised......yeap once in a while is absolutely fine.....that wos me and my family do...once in a while we eat out and about......mostly home made food....

u serioulsy dnt eat any junk food?...woah how can u possibly live? even a sip of coke?......woah.....
    Yep i seriously don't eat any junk food whatsoever but i live, it's hard at start but you'll get used to it. Haven't drank coke since the midpoint of 2005, something like that i think, always drinking water.

1) I've been working out for the past 2 years so thats why i've stopped eating junkfood. Started eating food with quality.

2) My dad is a doctor and trust me junkfood and outside food for him is a big no no. He know's how bad it is for you and he always tells me that for some reason.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yep i seriously don't eat any junk food whatsoever but i live, it's hard at start but you'll get used to it. Haven't drank coke since the midpoint of 2005, something like that i think, always drinking water.

1) I've been working out for the past 2 years so thats why i've stopped eating junkfood. Started eating food with quality.

2) My dad is a doctor and trust me junkfood and outside food for him is a big no no. He know's how bad it is for you and he always tells me that for some reason.
    totally understand ya.......it is unhealthy can cause illnesse...in america obesity is increasing even in england.....

yeah water is best....but having strawberry flavoured water(volvic) is that okay?...i usually have that.....

am not frequently eating out and about.......jus once in a while.......trying diff foods from diff cultures and learning how to make diff recipes....

we usually have PFC..thats common in london....which involves chicken and chips, burgers, doner kebab....and so on....

amd me dads fav food is pizza...we usually have that........

or in resturants...we usually prefer to go to arabian places...love chicken shashlik, meshwi moshakol, chicken or lamb shawarma...soo delicious...basically grilled food wid rice or chips....love it....

we dnt have rice and curry outside...cos my mums home made food is the best....nothing can beat that........

as ppl will say that curries are unhealthy too...coz the amount of spice, oil used.......

well...wot can i say...carry on with ur healthy routine inshalah.......
    Last edited by Helena; 09-19-2006 at 09:28 AM.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA View Post
    totally understand ya.......it is unhealthy can cause illnesse...in america obesity is increasing even in england.....

yeah water is best....but having strawberry flavoured water(volvic) is that okay?...i usually have that.....

am not frequently eating out and about.......jus once in a while.......trying diff foods from diff cultures and learning how to make diff recipes....

we usually have PFC..thats common in london....which involves chicken and chips, burgers, doner kebab....and so on....

or in resturants...we usually prefer to go to arabian places...love chicken shashlik, meshwi moshakol, chicken or lamb shawarma...soo delicious...basically grilled food wid rice or chips....love it....

we dnt have rice and curry outside...cos my mums home made food is the best....nothing can beat that........

as ppl will say that curries are unhealthy too...coz the amount of spice, oil used.......

well...wot can i say...carry on with ur healthy routine inshalah.......

Strawberry flavoured water is ok because it contains no sugars and i'm positive it is very low in calories. I know for some people regular water does not taste good so they try flavoured. Try not to avoid natural water though. There's a difference between flavour and flavoured not sure if you know this or not but if a product says strawberry flavour it contains no strawberry whatsoever and if the product says strawberry flavoured it most probbaly contains a little bit of it.

It's normal to eat outside food but try limiting it, i used to love chicken shawrmas and shishtawook but i've stopped eating it, once in a blue moon. You are right a mother's home made food is the best, nothing can top that.

Try to avoid sugary foods and limit fast food (deep fried) thats how you get type 2 diabetes. Spicy food is a no no

Oh yeah and a good tip for your mom would be if you fry with oil which is pretty obvious use unsaturated oil and try to drain the oil off the food before you eat it, use a small amount of oil. This is what my dad says and my mom follows it strictly
    Last edited by Inshallah; 09-19-2006 at 09:37 AM.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Strawberry flavoured water is ok because it contains no sugars and i'm positive it is very low in calories. I know for some people regular water does not taste good so they try flavoured. Try not to avoid natural water though. There's a difference between flavour and flavoured not sure if you know this or not but if a product says strawberry flavour it contains no strawberry whatsoever and if the product says strawberry flavoured it most probbaly contains a little bit of it.

It's normal to eat outside food but try limiting it, i used to love chicken shawrmas and shishtawook but i've stopped eating it, once in a blue moon. You are right a mother's home made food is the best, nothing can top that.

Try to avoid sugary foods and limit fast food (deep fried) thats how you get type 2 diabetes. Spicy food is a no no
    woah u sound jus a doc.....we got doc on LI.........

yeah theres always a limit in our house........but usually mix junk and healthy food together....we usually intake fruits and salad time to time....to keep the balance inshalah.......

yeah spicy food shud be stopped...but i love spicy man or even hotter...so delicious...but my mum has started making da curries mild.....less spices....

even in the month of ramadan....we have less fried food..more fruits and salads.....and trying to include hummus and pitta bread or naan this year..something diff i guess...

yeah we do that anyway...wen it comes to frying food....gotta drain it prop......

wot do u mean quality food doc?

chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Haha i'm no doc but i will be inshallah in several difficult years of studying to come.

Oh yeah and a good tip for your mom would be if you fry with oil which is pretty obvious use unsaturated oil and try to drain the oil off the food before you eat it, use a small amount of oil. This is what my dad says and my mom follows it strictly. Just copied that from above in case you've missed it.

Well by healthy eating i mean food that does good for your body, i can give you a simple breakdown if you want.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Haha i'm no doc but i will be inshallah in several difficult years of studying to come.

Oh yeah and a good tip for your mom would be if you fry with oil which is pretty obvious use unsaturated oil and try to drain the oil off the food before you eat it, use a small amount of oil. This is what my dad says and my mom follows it strictly. Just copied that from above in case you've missed it.

Well by healthy eating i mean food that does good for your body, i can give you a simple breakdown if you want.
    mashalah good to hear that ur plaaning to become a doc......

erm u can give a demonstration if u want...dnt mind at all......

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Ubaidah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I haven't touched junk food/cokes/pepsi/ect. in about 2 years.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A lot of people always stress of becoming fat or being fat. Some people have a slow metabolism and some people have an fast one. Metabolism slows down with age meaning you'll slowly gain weight with as you age.

My advice is to eat small amount of meals a day instead of 3 meals make it ummmm 5 or 6. Reason being is for example if you eat outside food your probbaly going to eat a lot of food and if you intake to many calories at once that could turn into fat.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A lot of people always stress of becoming fat or being fat. Some people have a slow metabolism and some people have an fast one. Metabolism slows down with age meaning you'll slowly gain weight with as you age.

My advice is to eat small amount of meals a day instead of 3 meals make it ummmm 5 or 6. Reason being is for example if you eat outside food your probbaly going to eat a lot of food and if you intake to many calories at once that could turn into fat.
    okie dokie...jazaks for the advice doc........havnt had scientific lessons for ages man........ ....

shukran.......

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by JMF View Post
    I haven't touched junk food/cokes/pepsi/ect. in about 2 years.
    woah u too....seriously ....for two years?......good thing...i guess.....

chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

pringles! does that count? sour cream and onion once i pop i cant stop!

and theres this afghan place in bradford, if youre ever there then their *chapli kebabs* and naan are wicked! all deep fried so not healthy but its soooooo nice!

i eat junk food, but im not a fizzy drink fan and i dont drink coke/pepsi/fanta any of the coke company drinks. teeth feel so much better

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dr. Pepper
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Aalimah View Post
    Dr. Pepper
    yeah i love dr pepper...my family goes it smell and tastes like medicine.....i dnt get it.......

i wud recommend resturants or takeaway...from barakah next to east london mosque....located in whitechaple...esp da meshwi moshakal or shish tawouk is lovely.....tasty...hummus awarma....hmmmmmmm....

nxt up is....K.O (kebabish original, thrill of the grill) located in green street...hmmmm....da grilled chop, sheesh kebab, da whole baby chicken grilled and chicken shashlik....soooooooo.....delicious......da price is reasonable......4 ppl can have food for twenty pounds.....

and...crystals one of my fav...its located in holloway road.....darn the chicken beyti...its excellent man...srved wid rice or chips and salad........love it..love it.....

cant remember wots it called but many edgware resturants.......are good to...chicken shawarma.......

chat Quote

Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I eat Pizza Hut like once in 3 months with my friends
    Pizza is not junk food Its very healthy and contains vegetable, cheese
    chat Quote

Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ now that's the first time I've heard someone put it that way

My father has turned into a health freak lately so we haven't had junk food for aaaaaaages. I haven't drank a can of soda for almost a year now and I've lost taste for it already

My fav junk food? Does chewing gum count? lol.....I love chewing gum but my father doesn't let me buy it anymore because he says it's full of chemicals but once in a while I sneak some anyway

Mmmmm......Most of the time I just snack on fruits, and I particularly love sour stuff like tamarind but thats' not junk food is it

Well I guess I dont belong to this thread then
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

chewing rocks. though one is never enough for me

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Mawaddah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Patience is the Key
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ What's that? :eek: you mean real rocks? oh:
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Name Ur Fav Junk Food?....here Only....... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Name Ur Fav Junk Food?....here Only.......