× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 28 visibility 3839

A Message from me

Silver Pearl's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Ahlaam ma'aya!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A Message from me

Report bad ads?

Please read all of it.

When you write know that you’re being watched. When you transgress in your speech know that you’re being watched. Had I not cared about your existence surely I would have not bothered to remind you.

I’ve been a member on LI for a year and 5months. In that long period I have learnt more about who I am than I could have ever believed. I was never suffering from identity crisis but I learnt lessons which I could have only dreamt for.

It is strange how unfamiliar random people who are everywhere around the globe have effected me. You may not realize this but that is very much the reality. This thread isn’t a means for seeking forgiveness, although if I have wronged you I hope you have it in your heart to forgive me.

I have learnt so much from the topics posted and I don’t want to mention names otherwise I will be here till next Ramadan listing.

I have been subjected to rough times on the board but that had merely re-enforced my patience. Tomorrow we may depart from this world and I hope you realize that you have placed a smile on my face whether it was by sharing ilm or through a witty remark.

It is the blessed month of Ramadan, so glorify your lord, the exalted, and the one truly worthy of praising. Above all I would like to thank you. I can not repay any of you for what you have given me but at least I will not be stingy with my prayers, god willing.

Sisters

Amongst you I have become best friends with; there isn’t a sad moment that you did not place a smile on my face. Above all when I am in the wrong you do not let me swim in my own errors. May Allah give you the mind of Hawwa, the purity of Maryam, the faith of Asiya, the love of Khadija, the Imaan of Fatima and the knowledge of Aeisha, radiaallahu anhum ajmaeen.

Brothers

Your absence on the board would mean a loss of knowledge for most of you are not hesitant to shower us with ilm. I pray that Allah makes you all those who are ranked for jannat-ul-firdaus. May you all be granted prosperity and humility that outstretches to the akhirah.

Non Muslims

All of you have been a great asset to this board and you have taught me a lot. One of the things I look forward to is actually reading your replies to some of the topics that are posted. I wish you a pleasant life.

A blessed Ramadan to all

Silver Pearl
    A Message from me

وَاصْبِرْ وَمَا صَبْرُكَ إِلاَّ بِاللّهِ

ما بعرف انا شو حسيت
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A Message from me

awww...sis das sooo sweeeeet!!

A Message from me

chat Quote

MinAhlilHadeeth's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl View Post

Sisters

Amongst you I have become best friends with; there isn’t a sad moment that you did not place a smile on my face. Above all when I am in the wrong you do not let me swim in my own errors. May Allah give you the mind of Hawwa, the purity of Maryam, the faith of Asiya, the love of Khadija, the Imaan of Fatima and the knowledge of Aeisha, radiaallahu anhum ajmaeen.

That is so sweet.

JazakAllah khayr for this beautiful reminder ukhti.

chat Quote

...'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Aww subhanallah!!! Jazakallah khair sis
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow, sis, that was so beautiful.

In that part where you wrote about the sisters, I nearly cried.
    You put everything I feel for the LI sisters and brothers and non-Muslims in words.

JazakAllah khair.

May Allah (swt) reward you, for you have indeed helped me a lot, you will not even realise how much, and may your knowledge and wisdom increase every day. May Allah (swt) bless you, forgive you, guide you and help you, for you are one of a kind.
    My memories of you will be with me all my life. A sister I never had to meet face to face, to feel so familiar with.
    The wisdoms you have said in this forum, I will always remember and in every dua I make I shall pray for your place in Jannah.

A Message from me

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

...'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ :'( Ameen!!
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sister i love you for the sake of Allah!
    jazakAllah khair for that
    A Message from me

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalamuAlaykum awwww das sweet man
    A Message from me

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

Umu 'Isa's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    ام عيسى و خطاب
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

awwww pearly, that is sooo sweet jazaki Allah khair!
    i love you fisabilillah

chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Gulp! That was sooooo sweet sis. May Allah bless you and grant you everything you desire here and in the next life..ameen
    chat Quote

julie sarri's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis well put you always know the write words to say
    chat Quote

IceQueen~'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

oh great where's my tissue paper..?

sis that was so sweet masha allah
    amiin to the du'ahs..
    chat Quote

DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think sister Pearl is having one of those moments LOL thank you for your kind words and may Allah shower you with his blessings.
    A Message from me

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - A Message from meWe'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Ahlaam ma'aya!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Dangerous, no I wasn't having one of those moments lol.

Sisters I didn't mean to make you guys cry! Wa Ameen to all the above dua
    A Message from me

ما بعرف انا شو حسيت
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

When you write know that you’re being watched. When you transgress in your speech know that you’re being watched. Had I not cared about your existence surely I would have not bothered to remind you.

MashaAllah, that was truly well said. Jazakallah khair for the excellent posts you keep posting sis.

A Message from me

"...You are my Walî in this world and in the Hereafter. Cause me to die as a Muslim, and join me with the righteous." [Surah Yusuf 101]
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Ahlaam ma'aya!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Someone asked me to share what I learnt.

Patience-There was a time period where my computer was being a pain and I wanted to come on the board, at this stage I was going through forum addictions. I was too keen to contribute and that was a flaw on my part. When you get caught up in posting you become too attached. Addiction isn’t healthy, nor is deprivation; neither of the extremes is fine. Not posting meant I had to adopt patience. Sabrun jameel.

Less post count-Some of you may notice my reluctance to post more frequently, though I like to blame my laziness that is not necessarily the whole truth. I find that I learnt more by just being the reader rather than the contributor. But if everyone followed my footsteps the activating rate would drop hugely lol.

Kindness-When you spend more time reading you see the errors and the harshness in reality rather than when you’re involved. Sometimes we think we are doing the right things but we don’t understand the impact our words may have. Kindness does not only stop at your own sex, I know some people think being harsh is the best way but you think Allah does not see you? You think Allah shall not hold you accountable for the distress you caused your fellow believer? Nay! Know that he sees you at all time. It doesn’t kill to be nice and there is more benefit in being kind than we think.

Forgiveness-Due to certain incidents I was faced with I realized that having a grudge never solved anything. Forgiving was the better solution and verily it is better to return a bad with a good. Furthermore, wouldn’t you like to be forgiven if you transgressed against someone else? Be merciful to others so that Allah may be merciful to you on the day of resurrection.

Sympathy-A lot of the time we are self-absorbed with our own opinions, starting from me, when I first joined this board it was about me but it wasn’t long before I saw my errors, alhamdulillah. No one pointed it out to me but I realized it myself, alhamdulillah. It is only during hardship that we realize people’s attitude towards us, so next time a person is down, fear your lord and don’t ignore it. The smallest things are usually the most powerful action.

Sisterhood/brotherhood- The great thing I’ve noticed about this board is the unity amongst us. More so in the brothers than the sisters sadly but alhamdulillah we are getting there! It was not until Amu woody said something that I learnt a beneficial lesson. What our uncle said can’t be exposed, sorry folks, lol.

Last but not least:

Knowledge and humility-I love the way that there is no sense of arrogance within members when posting articles. Every member is ready to help their fellow brothers’ or sisters’ increase in knowledge. Love for your brother what you want for yourself.

Learning is a never ending process until death takes us. Today I will willingly tell you my flaws and weaknesses. We are but human but when we focus on our own imperfection we become less judgmental .

Enough rambling for a week I think!

A Message from me

ما بعرف انا شو حسيت
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalamuAlaykum,

thanks for sharing sis
    A Message from me

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Abu Hasinah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Jazaakallah khayr for sharing that.
    But if everyone followed my footsteps the activating rate would drop hugely lol.
    I'm not complaining. At least for the rest of Ramadhan.
    chat Quote

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Silver Pearl View Post
    Forgiveness-Due to certain incidents I was faced with I realized that having a grudge never solved anything. Forgiving was the better solution and verily it is better to return a bad with a good. Furthermore, wouldn’t you like to be forgiven if you transgressed against someone else? Be merciful to others so that Allah may be merciful to you on the day of resurrection.

Yeah, I agree.
    Who are we to not forgive others for their wrongs when they ask for forgiveness when Allah Almighty is ready to forgive them?

Last edited by Al-Zaara; 10-10-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    A Message from me

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Umm Yoosuf's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Al-Athariyyah
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalaamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatulaahi Wa Barakatuh

Masha Allah nice words. Jazakallahu Khayr. Makes me think about my position and what I was discussing with you last week subhan Allah....
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! A Message from me Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A Message from me