× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 24 visibility 5464

He just had the biggest go at me!

AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I am so upset.My brother today had a go at me for not being able to speak my language, been in england so long and i completly forgot my own language is embaressing as people from my country do and will continue giving me a hard time. He was just upset then he asked me what race are you going to marry?
    I said whoever,I am an open mind person, I see religion not culture, He ate me alive for saying that..*Everyone sticks to they own root bla bla bla*.

Now hes going to talk to my whole family about it, which will embaress me a great deal. All this because I cant speak or dont really mind marrying other races.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    DigitalStorm82's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: He just had the biggest go at me!

I don't see anything wrong with not being able to speak your native tongue... and especially nothing wrong with "open mind" when it comes to marriage.

You shouldn't be embarassed to express your opinions... In our slang term we call it "desi mentallity" so, sooner or later they will understand where you're coming from...

Make duah to Allah to keep you in his good graces... thats all that matters.

W'salaamz,
    Hamid
    Last edited by DigitalStorm82; 10-09-2006 at 09:44 PM.
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salaam

i suggest this site www.familytroubles.com

just stick up for yaself innit, if you cant speak the lingo, big deal your not gona get any reward from Allah (swt) for speakin a lingo . also dont let him get to ya find somethin he cant do and cuss him bout dat all the best

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

rania2820's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

there is nothing wrong with not being able to speak you mother tongue. i know many people who have spent so much time in America they can't remember anything from their mother tongue. there was one person i knew that was American but when they went to the middle east and stayed there for like 10 years.they had difficulties speaking English because they had not been in the states for so long.so don't feel bad about it.

"Religion is very easy & whoever overburdens himself in his religion won't be able to continue in that way.So you should'nt be extremists,but try to be near to perfection & receive good tidings that you'll be rewarded;& gain strength by worshipping in the mornings,the nights." (bukhari vol.1 no.38).
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    AnonymousPoster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I know but where i am from they are so dumb subxanallah me and my dad just had a fight and i am looking to move away in a few months or next year cant live with them anymore Digital if only they all though like u
    chat Quote

chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester View Post
    Digital if only they all though like u
    erm erm aww chank u

anony jus be patient innit, because theres nothing wrong with not bein able to speak a lingo, and if you let them get to you then their will be arguments innit, jus toughen up and dont let them get to you innit and stick up for yourself and opinions

keep smilin

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

DigitalStorm82's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Moving away wont solve anything... it'll only promote a distant family. As your parents grow older they'll need your support in many ways... and this will not help develop good bonds...

If you're a girl... You need a mahram to live with you... It is not recommended that you live alone... but its not an absolute must.

I suggest that you don't get all worked up over not being able to speak your native language and have arguments.

What is it that your parents are arguing about? What do they want you to do?

We should try to please our parents because Islam does ask us to treat them kindly and with respect. So, if they want you to take a course in your native language, I say you do it. Do it for the sake of Allah... as you're doing your best to please your parents and Allah.

The decision is of course yours... but I hope you understand that your parents have a great impact in your life and they have certain rights over you.... as you have rights over your parents.

Please make your decisions when you're not angry.

W'salaamz,
    Hamid

chat Quote

bint_muhammed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

dont worry about it, i stammer in my native language plus its a very difficult language (pushtu)lol! i suprised your bruvs got views like that, i mean ok if your father does your bros arnt they suppose to be more (how do i put this)less cultured? (doesnt make sense does it?) even if you marry in culture you can marry someone who can speak english, dont fret over it! take care
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    sonz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

u can relearn ur language if u want. if u once knew it will be easier to get it back

masalama

wwwislamicboardcom - He just had the biggest go at me!
    Check out my userpage
    MY PAGE

RATE MY PAGE
    chat Quote

united's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i do agree that you should try to make an effort to learn your own language. it isnt part of religion or anything but its a part of who you are. so many kids nowadays seem to "forget" their ethnic origin, but "hello!" what do you see when you look in the mirror?
    but i also agree that who you marry does not have to speak your native language.
    i think that a balance has to be achieved, dont forget who you are, but dont let it dominate your life so much either.
    chat Quote

Hijaabi22's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Tester View Post
    I am so upset.My brother today had a go at me for not being able to speak my language, been in england so long and i completly forgot my own language is embaressing as people from my country do and will continue giving me a hard time. He was just upset then he asked me what race are you going to marry?
    I said whoever,I am an open mind person, I see religion not culture, He ate me alive for saying that..*Everyone sticks to they own root bla bla bla*.

Now hes going to talk to my whole family about it, which will embaress me a great deal. All this because I cant speak or dont really mind marrying other races.
    mannnnnn trrrrrrrrrust me u aint da only 1, I CAN BARELLLLLLLY speak my lingo man me chat crao half da tym
    chat Quote

S_87's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Maryams Mommy
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think you should ask him whats it to him if you cant speak a language and whats it to him if you marry a guy out of your culture.
    if he does tell your parents then even though it may be hard for you speak your mind then. tell them. because then they WILL know. just say it.
    and let your bro know that there are people from your background who can speak english perfectly well and you dont need to know if their extended cousins twice removed speaks it or not.

Our Lord! Verily, we have heard the call of one calling to Faith: 'Believe in your Lord,' and we have believed.
    Our Lord! Forgive us our sins and expiate from us our evil deeds, and make us die (in the state of righteousness) along with Al-Abrar
    chat Quote

anonymous's Avatar Restricted Member
    brightness_1
    Anonymous User
    Religion
    Undisclosed
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

sis get over it lol...

just do ur best 2 learn arabic language coz das essential to understnad your deen... and then do ur best 2 master ur culture langage coz das v important too.

notice majority of non arab scholars excelled in arabic as well as their native languages... so we should follow suit too

there's an EXCEPTION - arabic slang is not a native language!!!! LOL so yeh icnase ur one of those.

salamz

IB Forum Anonymous Account.
    Available to those who wish to be anonymous in the Advice & Support section.

Abuse of the Anonymous System will NOT be tolerated!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    nishom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No worries.

I cant speak or understand my native tongue!!!!!-HELP!!!!-Its really tricky when someone talks to me in urdu, i just nod my head and say 'jee...jeee!!!!!'
    chat Quote

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by nishom View Post
    No worries.

I cant speak or understand my native tongue!!!!!-HELP!!!!-Its really tricky when someone talks to me in urdu, i just nod my head and say 'jee...jeee!!!!!'
    lol - If you looked at me, you'd think 'i bet he can't speak punjabi' then most people judge you by the way you look. I can hold a converstaion in punjabi and many people are shocked, i sound like a proper desi when i switch to my lingo.(which doesn't happen very often may i add)

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!
    chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

same here! im surprised when i hear of ppl not being able to speak their native tongue. I'm getting pretty good at urdu cuz im alwaysss asking =D So all my aunts n cuzs r like " ur urdu is good" =P
    Its no biggie realli! Learn it in ur spare time. InshAllah u will be fine =)

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Tania's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Are courses held in each schools and join them. There is language which could not be learned
    chat Quote

Al-Zaara's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    made of awesome.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

If you decide to try to learn your native language again, then inshallah, you'll succeed.

I myself have forgotten how to speak Turkish... It's embarressing, 'cause I love everything that has with Turkey or Turkish to do... AND it's part of who I am, my roots so to say, though my mother tongue is Albanian, I once could speak my "second mother tongue" (lol making up words, sorry..) Turkish too, but now...

Oh well, I will inshallah learn it again. It's not that hard.
    You try it too. (To learn YOUR native language, not mine. lol)

If only I had checked myself
    Guy who wrecked himself

True leaders don't create followers...
    .... They create new leaders.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    SHAH G's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

man i can't even speak my language and when i do for sum reason i add a bit of punjabi to my urdu and i'm uncle all ways makes fun out of me and tells me to watch urdu tv channels for sum reason so sumting gets in my head don't worry jus be good with your parents and you will pick ur language up soon inshallah
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! He just had the biggest go at me! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. He just had the biggest go at me!