× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 67 visibility 5701

Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem

lavikor201's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

The same Jewish group who gave food assistance to underprivileged Jews during Rosh Hashanah and Sukkot is now turning to help an unlikely crowd: underprivileged Muslims who will celebrate the end of the holy month of Ramadan next week with the holiday of Eid Al-Fiter.

On Tuesday, 150 Jews, in cooperation with the "Kavod Foundation" gathered in Jerusalem to assist with the packing of canned goods and other provisions to be delivered during the holiday to needy Muslims in East Jerusalem.

Yoav Shprank, a member of the organization told Ynet that the Kavod Foundation is working all year to help Jews, Christians, and Muslims during the holidays. As an example, the Reform movement donated 2,000 food boxes to the welfare offices, and they are also planning a substantial food donation in preparation for Christmas.

The director of the youth movement who participated in the packaging of the goods Yaniv Gliksman said that as a part of their activities they always speak about pluralism which is one of their most central values. According to him, there is a need to help everyone who lives in Israel because there are sectors of the population nobody tends to. Despite their wishes, the youths who participated in the packing will not take part in the actual distribution of the packages because they do not have permission to enter East Jerusalem.

In addition to East Jerusalem, the food will be distributed to Muslim communities in Jaffa, Haifa, and Shfaram.

The youth movement which participated in the drive is a part of the "Kol Haneshama" community who are active in the German Settlement and Bakaa neighborhoods of Jerusalem. Rabbi Gilad Kariv of the Reform movement explains that "one of the most important values of the movement is equality, and so they work in all sectors of Israeli society. Just as we have food drives before Rosh Hashanah and Passover, it is important for us as Jews to help non-Jewish families in Israel celebrate their holidays with respect."

Rabbi Kariv also adds that he believes the fact a Muslim family will receive the packages from religious Jewish families in Israel "will contribute to change the atmosphere in Israel."

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...316338,00.html
    Last edited by lavikor201; 10-26-2006 at 11:53 PM.

wwwislamicboardcom - Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem

2. Report bad ads?
    IzakHalevas's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem

Wow, very nice. I'm glad this is happening. Hopefully there will be a joint effort between the communities to create a great bond despite all the extremists on both sides.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

First step to show that co-existance can happen. The difficult road is to show that neither Jew nor Muslim wants to force the other to convert.

Later will be the time to discuss fair land division. Today the main goal should be to establish a basis of desire for fair treatment to all. Have to see eachother as humans before that happens.

Herman 1 - Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Alaikum and greetings,

There are some very thoughtful things that the Jews do in protest and support for the Palestinians mashallah, its the zionists and their supporters that I hate..not the Jews themselves. Good post.

fi aman Allah
    w'salaam

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually the group that is doing this have zionists in there ranks. To say that zionists are not involved in this charity project would be very naive. There is no hidden motive, Jews are commanded to help people, even non-Jews, and required to give 10% of our earnings as "tzedukah" or charity.

wwwislamicboardcom - Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem

*charisma*'s Avatar Super Moderator
    brightness_1
    #AlwaysInMyDuas
    I am a traveler, May Jannah be my home ameen
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol, I didn't say that zionists weren't involved, I just said I don't like them (personal opinion) besides they did this as jews (religious purposes), not as zionists, get what I mean?

D e a t h

is the easiest
    of all things after it
    ; ;

the hardest
    of all things before it

Islamicboy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Typical propaganda Of The Zionist. The authenticity of the news itself is questionable. Only 2 Jewish news groups are reporting it..

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Assalamu Aleykum,

I'm glad someone is giving food to someone, May Allah reward those who are kind.

format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201 View Post
    There is no hidden motive,
    How can you be so sure, not saying that I think there is, I dont have a clue, but how can you be sure there isn't, just wondering.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy View Post
    Typical propaganda Of The Zionist. The authenticity of the news itself is questionable.
    Actually I personally know somone who is involved in this, just because your hateful attitude blinds you when people are kind, it is no matter. You will learn the truth one day.

How can you be so sure, not saying that I think there is, I dont have a clue, but how can you be sure there isn't, just wondering.
    I know people involved in the campaign. In Haifa they do this as well, and my son volunteered in distribution for community service.

Only 2 Jewish news groups are reporting it..
    That is because it is not really news. It is a nice story, but in reality, there is much more pressing and vital info going on in Israel then to report a feel good story.

But since you believe this to be all "propoganda" can you point me to the Muslims helping homeless Jews out???? Since you have so much hate in your heart to accuse good people I know of being "propoganda".

The only propoganda here is YOU.

12. Report bad ads?
    Zulkiflim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam,

Great news,everyone should care and aid one another.

But this reminds me of a Danish cartoon incident.

A dane asked a Palestinain,why do you attack us,we support you with money and aid when you are attacked.

The Palestinian answered,we are thankful for the aid and the money,but does it mena that by doing such you own us?
    Do you mena by your money and your aid you can mock our religion?

As the Prophet said,Respect your parent,care for them but when they ask you to do things unIslamic,desist..but your duty to your parents still exist.

Dahir's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Board Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I hope people finally understand that Jews, ESPECIALLY Israelis/'Zionists' are people too. They are not conspiring or blaspheming anyone. Hopefully, this can be shown to groups like Hamas who only see the bad.

If media on the Left weren't so demonizing of the Israeli people, this wouldn't be a miracle, it would be an average occurence.

"This world is a blank price tag, and whatever value you put on it, is what its worth to you. I have made this world priceless and worthless, so therefore I have placed my value in the afterlife."

An Original Quote from Dahir

Islamicboy's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Actually I personally know somone who is involved in this, just because your hateful attitude blinds you when people are kind, it is no matter. You will learn the truth one day.

I know people involved in the campaign. In Haifa they do this as well, and my son volunteered in distribution for community service.

That is because it is not really news. It is a nice story, but in reality, there is much more pressing and vital info going on in Israel then to report a feel good story.

But since you believe this to be all "propoganda" can you point me to the Muslims helping homeless Jews out???? Since you have so much hate in your heart to accuse good people I know of being "propoganda".

The only propoganda here is YOU.
    Lavikor i understand what you are saying ok i believe this is the truth. Just ignore my before comments sorry about that. Also Yes over here in canada we muslims every year donate food to the non muslims homeless people.

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Also Yes over here in canada we muslims every year donate food to the non muslims homeless people.
    That is very good. If the food you donate is Halal also, I comend you for that because you are preventing someone from eating prok, ect.

Bittersteel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

kind of glad to hear such things.finally after all this conflicts and wars.

18. Report bad ads?
    Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IzakHalevas View Post
    Wow, very nice. I'm glad this is happening. Hopefully there will be a joint effort between the communities to create a great bond despite all the extremists on both sides.
    I think its takes a lot of will power to force oneself to believe this- the problems in that region can in no way be fixed by sharing food

its a nice thought though, but well yeh... reality sucks

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think its takes a lot of will power to force oneself to believe this- the problems in that region can in no way be fixed by sharing food
    Do you think communities with different cultures and religions just began loving eachother around the world, or do you think their always must be a first step before getting to the last one...

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^huh? all im saying is dont think theres gonna be peace just cos people are sharing food.

the issues are much deeper than that, no amount of food will fix it, especially when the people in charge arent even involved

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^huh? all im saying is dont think theres gonna be peace just cos people are sharing food.
    All roads to peace start somewhere, believe me the Jewish people who live in Jerusalem still remember the suicide bombings that killed there children because the bombers blew up schools, day cares, buses, and places of worship. The Jews also remember Christians, Muslims and about every religion conquering Jerusalem and restricting the ability to pray at our holy sites.

We remember some of the bad things we did to...

Now you can complain and hate eachother, or you could start perfomring acts of kindness, tzedek, and try to begin the healing of the two cultures.

Snowflake's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Assalamu alaykum
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Good news MashaAllah! If more people saw people as human beings first and not their religion there'd be less animosity all around.

24. Report bad ads?
    lolwatever's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

All roads to peace start somewhere, believe me the Jewish people who live in Jerusalem still remember the suicide bombings that killed there children because the bombers blew up schools, day cares, buses, and places of worship. The Jews also remember Christians, Muslims and about every religion conquering Jerusalem and restricting the ability to pray at our holy sites.

We remember some of the bad things we did to...

Now you can complain and hate eachother, or you could start perfomring acts of kindness, tzedek, and try to begin the healing of the two cultures.
    someone stole my house n feeds me iftar every night... i'd b real happy

commenthere:

ليس بعلم ما حواه القمطر، ماالعلم إلا ما وعاه الصدر
    animationPop 1 - Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem
    .::.....sabr Ayyoub.....::.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Jews provide food for needy Muslims during Ramadan in East Jerusalem