Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb "I did it! I'm a Muslim now!"

Report bad ads?

Hello all!

After much study and contemplation, I am sure that I want to revert to Islam. There are a lot of changes I will have to make with my life. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on making these changes. Is it acceptable to take it one step at a time? What are some of your experiences with this? Any insight is appreciated, especially from women.

Thanks ahead of time for your response
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Almost ready

Mashalah over your decision to want to revert to Islam. Keep in mind it only takes a minute become a Muslim, but it takes a lifetime to be a Muslim. Once you say the shahadah, you have returned home and are now on the path. It is not always an easy path, but Allah(swt) will never give you any trials you can not handle.

There really are no steps. It is an ongoing life process. You will never stop learning, once you make the commitment.

Before you say the shahadah, be certain that you truly desire to serve God(swt) and only God(swt). From then on your path will be obedience to Allah(swt) and nothing else in your life will be of importance.

It is not so much a learning of what to do and what not to do. It is all simple common sense. Islam is a whole life, not simply periodic episodes of worship. Each act you do will be because you wish to do it for Allah(swt)

If you truly desire to dedicate your life to serving Allah(swt) and are willing to spend the rest of your life learning what he wants of you, you are ready to say the shahadah. Just remember, there is no compulsion. Nobody will make you become Muslim and if you are making the choice to please anyone except Allah(swt) You are not ready to say the shahadah.
    "I did it! I'm a Muslim now!"

Herman 1 - "I did it! I'm a Muslim now!"

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Jewel of LI
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mashaa'Allah! (It is what God wills!) We congratulate you on your acceptance of the way of God and your choice to devote your life to earning the pleasure of your Lord, may He accept this from you. There are many many resources to help you learn about Islam; I've compiled a list here:
    Studying Islam - List of Resources

All you have to do to become a Muslim is repeat the following words:
    Ash hadu an laa ilaaha ilal-lah wa ash hadu anna muhammadan abduhu wa rasuluhu
    I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and I beart witness that Muhammad is His servant and final Messenger.

If you repeat these words here (just copy and paste!), God-willingly all of the members of the forum will be able to congratulate you and make du'aa (suupplicate to God) that Allah continues to shower you with His Mercy and Guidance.

Regards

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said:
    "Surely I was sent to perfect the qualities of righteous character" [Musnad Ahmad, Muwatta Mâlik]

Visit Ansâr Al-'Adl's personal page HERE.
    Excellent resources on Islam listed HERE.
    chat Quote

lyesh's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow! thts good news! if u need any help in anything just ask me! or pm me kay:

lYeSh
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    mohammed farah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mashalla'allah.if you are lookin for lectures or interview or documanteries or video clips on how to pray just ask anyone of us
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Praise be to Allah swt who has shed the light of guidance in your heart sister.

I just wanted to say after the brilliant advice above that sister even though it may seem very difficult i promise you that Allah swt will be your supporter in this and what could be greater then having the creator and sustainer as our supporter? Sis a beautiful islamic saying is:

"If the kings and rulers but knew the pleasure we get from our prostrations they would take up arms to rob it from us"

Sis you will definitly be making a profitable trade and i promise you, everything you give up for the sake of Allah swt will be replaced with something better.

I pray that Allah makes your reversion easy sister and i pray that you dont waste time in this great matter, we arent promised that we'll live even the next second so before our last breath lets make sure we're upon the truth.

Peace and blessings!!

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

zaria's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Indigo View Post
    Hello all!

After much study and contemplation, I am sure that I want to revert to Islam. There are a lot of changes I will have to make with my life. I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on making these changes. Is it acceptable to take it one step at a time? What are some of your experiences with this? Any insight is appreciated, especially from women.

MashaAllah and UmukaAllah,
    jsut continue to study. The best thing about this religion, you can never know it all so you have your entire life to learne it and may you get all the knowlegde and support you need to continue to serve Allah

Salaam
    chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashAllah sis. If this is something you truly wish and willing to do it for the sake of Allah, I congratulate you on ur willing to accept, God Willing
    When you r truly ready, lest us know. We all make dua for u
    Peace!

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello all!

Asalaamu Alaykum Sister,

May Allah(SWT) guide you and stengthen you!

i recommend you seek out a local masaajid and find out if the Imam or his wife can assign you a mentor.

good luck with prayer times! i live in Seattle and winter is nuts!

i recommend a Qur'an with English translation cd/tape. no matter how great you thought Islam is, actually hearing the Qur'an and understanding it is simply a thing of beauty; not only in it's simplicity and beauty but it is also outstanding in it's logic.

follow the links that others have provided. the brothers and sisters here really know their stuff.

btw, i "reverted" 8 months ago!

so, hopefully, and Insha'Allah, welcome to the family!!

Yusuf
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    learningislam's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello all!

hi indigo,
    MashAllah...i am really glad, that you reached the decision yourself. May Allah Almighty make it easy for you....and keep you firm on islam always..ameen.

If you need any help.......feel free to pm.
    chat Quote

matobosha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Indigo,

It is nice to note that you seem to be ready to join us .
    Allah says he gudes whom he wishes and leave who he does not want to guide.
    So first and foremost you should be proud and thank Allah for having guide to see the light,they are many like you who even after reading will not be convinced that Islam is the right religion.
    Definitely there will be some difficulties with your inter relation with your family and friends but these are normally sorted out with time..the initial rejection will fade once the see your character as a muslim builds up.
    It will be good also to talk to ladies who went through a similar process they may be a better help because they have seen it before and will know the best way forward.
    I take this opportunity to wish you all the best.
    chat Quote

asmoore84's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The idea of seeking a mentor was a great one! Who among us could not use a little more guidance?

I was wondering, where can I get an audio copy of the Qu'ran? I would very much like to listen, maybe when I am driving home from work. Would be better than the silence! (I know most would say the radio is haraam, and even as a non-muslim, I would agree, who really wants to listen to the corrupt trash they put out?)
    chat Quote

Indigo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am in the process of telling family and friends. In some areas it is going very well. My mom wants to read qur'an now, but in other areas, it is worse. The person I am engaged to does not want me to wear hijab. (I might not wear it to start with, but plan on wearing it shortly after.) When I do revert, I will have support here in town hopefully.

I
    chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashAllah sis, thats great. Do it for the sake of Allah, InshAllah
    May Allah keep you guided

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to Islam! The process of converting is never over it seems. You'll be known as a convert even after being muslim for 5+ years

The best advice I wish I'd gotten when I converted can be found here. Establish your salah! Make it a habit. Once you've structured your day around worship of the Almighty, everything else can fall into place (over time of course). The way I learned salat is online here, and an excellent little demo program is here.

Once you're out of limited member status, please feel free to pm for a chat.
    chat Quote

habiibti's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by asmoore84 View Post
    The idea of seeking a mentor was a great one! Who among us could not use a little more guidance?

I was wondering, where can I get an audio copy of the Qu'ran? I would very much like to listen, maybe when I am driving home from work. Would be better than the silence! (I know most would say the radio is haraam, and even as a non-muslim, I would agree, who really wants to listen to the corrupt trash they put out?)

Assalau aleikum. i think u can try ur local islamic shops or u can drop in any mosque and ask a muslim to help i am sure they will be really helpful or u can find them online for free and burn a cd there are many sites whih have downloadable quran u can try here www.islamweb.com.

(sorry to da mods,i had no intention of doing a free posting,i had to answer that question)

indigo,u r in ma prayers as u take this journey ahead of u.may Allah make it easy for u.I get inspired when i read of people changing their whole life,masha Allah,just shows how Allah guides whom He chooses.
    chat Quote

Indigo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, prayer is my number one priority. Friday, I will be going to the Islamic center, and hopefully, will be able to set a time to learn prayers. I don't think I will ever be out of "limited" status..I read a lot of posts here, but rarely have anything worth saying...LOL

Thanks all, and I will keep you posted....
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yes, prayer is my number one priority. Friday, I will be going to the Islamic center, and hopefully, will be able to set a time to learn prayers. I don't think I will ever be out of "limited" status..I read a lot of posts here, but rarely have anything worth saying...LOL

Thanks all, and I will keep you posted....
    Assalamu Alaikum Sis!

in life, we're all of "limited" status!

btw, welcome to the family!

May Allah(SWT) guide you and strengthen you and may He not test to beyond your limits. May He also guide those that you love and may He grant you the sweetest home in Jannah! Ameen!

Alaska right? brrrrrrrrr!

Wasalaam,

Yusuf
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey.

Here are some good links to download Qur'an from:

Qur'an in Arabic and English [Audio - verse by verse translation]

http://sabbir.com/DownloadHalal.html

Sa'ad Al-Ghamdi Recitations (Beautiful masha'Allah)
    http://quran.jalisi.com/

More can be found of his by going down the page [with audio english translation]:
    http://kalamullah.com/quran.html

Tawfique as-Sayegh also has beautiful Recitations:
    http://audio.islamicnetwork.com/quran.php?reciterId=23

Many more can also be found here insha'Allah:
    http://audo.islamicnetwork.com/

Peace.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    zaria's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alhamduillah

This is your salvation
    MasahaAllah,
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! "I did it! I'm a Muslim now!" Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. "I did it! I'm a Muslim now!"