× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 32 visibility 4696

Your experience in giving da'wah...

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Unhappy Your experience in giving da'wah...

Report bad ads?

i only gave ppl advises...but i was mocked and etc...

can anyone share with me their experiences when giving da'wah. What is the worst scenario you ever been...

then maybe my heart will feel better...

heart 1 - Your experience in giving da'wah...

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    lolwatever's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Your experience in giving da'wah...

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla View Post

can anyone share with me their experiences when giving da'wah. What is the worst scenario you ever been...

happened 2me too.. so normal, prophets copped more
    so keep at it, and remember it means moer reward, never giv up insahlah!

noah spent 950 years being mocked at and never gave up even tho only few ppl listend to him

all the best

commenthere:

ليس بعلم ما حواه القمطر، ماالعلم إلا ما وعاه الصدر
    animationPop 1 - Your experience in giving da'wah...
    .::.....sabr Ayyoub.....::.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^^share with us your experience...pleaseee.....

i really can't compare myself with prophets

but at least i can compare with you

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol i dont think i really wanan get into detail.... but there hav been phases where ppl bagged teh absolute crap out of me lol... n literally it was me vs 10 ppl.

personally i didn't really felt depressed as such.... especially after one of my superiors who himself disagreed with me pointed out that the fact it was me alone vs every1 else put me in a v powerful position coz every1 would listen 2me even tho they really really really really wanted to wipe the ground with me.

in my case... eventually ppl either became neutral to me or actually became interested in what i had to say, i guess coz some of the 'hot head' elements had left the groups that where generating lies about me.

in one case, in one particular issue.... i remember i was really stern about it and ppl looked at me wierd, and i actually did compromise to an extent, and subhanallah the same ppl who use 2 make fun of me where the very ones giving me dawah on taht same particular point 1 year later!!!!!! now i reeally really really reeeallly felt ashamed of myself for not keepin firm.

lessons from story? never give up, you'll always be happy if u keep at it either int his world or hereafter.

tc salamz

commenthere:

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

about comparing with prophets, remember the prophets are humans like us, they're huamns so we can follow them das y allah didnt send us angels as prophets, he sent us humans so we can relate to them

commenthere:

chat Quote

brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever View Post
    about comparing with prophets, remember the prophets are humans like us, they're huamns so we can follow them das y allah didnt send us angels as prophets, he sent us humans so we can relate to them

yeah i know...

i just want to force you tell the story...

btw....thanks for the story...

i guess i should not have give up.

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^ :rant:

commenthere:

chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow... you are so brave to do this in Malaysia ... among the youngsters?

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ye i gave dawah to some dude yesterday n he came out wiv "no i've been through this before i dont wanna hear it", lol i was like... umm... oook... lol

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

..can anyone share with me their experiences when giving da'wah. What is the worst scenario you ever been...

So far i've given some dawah to two of my chinese friends at uni. Though, it was really more of me explaining to them prayer and the amount of times we are to do so. Alhumdulilah, both of them listened well and one even waited for me to pray so we could go to chicken cottage for lunch . The other one reminds me that I've got prayers to go to

I guess it comes down to the fact that there are different forms of dawah and that dawa doesn't mean that other people convert/revert to Islam, rather that they have a better understanding of the religion as a result.

Also, to be fair, there are some people that da'wah has very little effect on, but at least you can say you tried at the end of the day and that the fault lies with them, not you.

(By try, I mean don't just say "One God, name is Allah. Revert now, silly bacha" cus that never works. Ever.)

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

^..sTr!vEr..^'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yesss...my class girls made fun of me + name calling n al that ....real bad experiences...but inshAllah al wil be OK in the end...
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think it must be remembered that Da'wah is communication. Communication at what is probably the most personal and intimate level humanly possible outside of marriage. We are talking of sharing our greatest love with strangers. No wonder we feel hurt, confused and frustrated when it goes wrong.

Let us look at what communication is. It consists of a minimum of three parts. A message, a sender and a receiver. As a sender we need to know what is the message we intend to send. Then for it to even be reached by the intended receiver we need to know what level that receiver is on. After sending our message we need to know what it was the receiver received and how they understood it. In the mean time there are many obstacles at work preventing the message from being properly sent, received and how was it received. It is a miracle we can even express to a close friend, what we want for lunch. It is not on our own that we can give true Da'wah. We need to turn loose and look for the means Allah(swt) has given for each of us and forget about how we would like to.

Some people have been given the gift of great oral ability and wonderful verbal skills. For them Da'wah flows as easily and readly as water in a fresh stream and is a pleasure for all to hear.

Some of us have voices that grate on peoples nerves, we have little verbal skills and our vocal mannerisms are found to irritate people. For those of us in that category, we need to look further into what is our best means of giving Da'wah. It may be through example. It may be by having the ability to write good refutations to lies. It may be by having the means to travel far and wide and being able to share the travel stories.

Each of us probably have at least some skills in all of the areas I mentioned, so we need to try to work on each and use what we know to be true and not an attempt to instill belief by force.

As long as we give Da'wah through the means best suited for us, do it as love and not as a feeling of pride or accomplishment, and remember Allah(swt) is the true master of Da'wah. we will not have any bad experiences. We may be misunderstood, but that does not need to create enemies or end friendly contacts.

For each of us Da'wah will differ. But part of Da'wah is the same for all of us and that is one of the best means of Da'wah and that is to live life as a true Muslim and give the true message that we are a people of love and understanding.

Let people see by our example that we are doing or best to live as Allah(swt) wishes us too. Let people know we pose no danger or threat to them if they do not agree with us. Extend the branches of friendship to all.

Now getting back to my personal experiences with Da'wah. For many reasons my contacts with much of the outside world is very limited. As the days progress there is less opportunity I have to leave my room. My face to face contacts with people is very rare now and nearly every person I do have face to face contact with is already Muslim.

So my tool of Da'wah is the PC and through the internet. All I can do is continue to tell why I believe in Allah(swt) Try to show through my typed words that I am living a humble peaceful life and pose no threat to any person. I try to show through my words that Islam is a religion of peace and love. I try to show that as Muslims we are peaceful rational people that do not incite nor condone violence.

So far I can not say I have had any regretable moments in my attempts to give Da'wah.

Herman 1 - Your experience in giving da'wah...

chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh man, Assalamu ALeykum first

But boy I so dislike giving dawah, specially at college, I mean I used to but the thing is, you get alot of Christians who try to argue and don't know their own religion. So it just get's so fastruating. Like once, some brothers put up a daw'ah table outside college, I was talking to one girl and I was like 'why don't you want to accept Islam' (I knew her through a sister so it wasnt me saying it in a rude way) and she was like 'erm, I dont know' so I was like 'well what dont you agree with' she was like 'the hijab..' I mean how the hell does t he hijab make a difference as to whether the religion is right or wrong, ****! Then there was this other girl with her who was just talking the most absurd stuff like 'doesn't the Bible say Adam and eve covered just their private parts, i.e. his thing and her things. with leaves' I was like thinking 'Learn your bible aint nowhere say what part of the body adam and eve covered and if they covered it with leaves thats just pictures of artists, and she telling me all this stuf about how religions are all true.

ARGH, People tend to rely on their emotions round here

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In Da'wah we call to 3 aspects insha'Allaah wwwislamicboardcom - Your experience in giving da'wah... :

1) Tawhid (Oneness of Allaah, His Lordship, none is worthy of worship but Him, His Names & Attributes.)

2) Risaalah - Prophets/Messengers who come to convey Allaah's message.

3) Al-Aakhirah. [The Hereafter - judgement day, paradise/hellfire]

Like brother Kamal el Makki said, don't attack the other persons faith because they will hold onto the dirt in their hand tighter, instead show them your diamond (of islaam) and they will drop the dirt to hold the diamond instead insha'Allaah. wwwislamicboardcom - Your experience in giving da'wah...

And like brother Muhammad al-Shareef said: Build a wall for them first [of islaam] then they will realise the weakness of their own wall, so they will seek protection under yours because they understand its true security and strength.

Try getting a good understanding of them aspects, and then your da'wah will be alot more easier insha'Allaah because this way you'll be taking the drivers seat instead of the other person.

Here's some beneficial links for dawah insha'Allaah:

http://www.beconvinced.com/

http://www.thewaytotruth.org/

Allaah Almighty knows best.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Musaafirah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Miss. Serious ^_^
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I've never actually given Da'wah to my friends at uni ..
    I mean what I do is, when it's time for salaah, I'll tell them that I'm going to pray and leave my bag with them or whatever.
    We talked once about it..but they seem to think that all the wars in world are to do with Religion... with each person professing their beliefs to be the true one all the time..
    Umm..I'm not much of a historian or anything, so I can never reply well ..but we don't really talk about religion much now anyway...

I Loves chocolate I does..
    chat Quote

Ismahaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I gave dawah to a girl in my class. She's a very religious Christian, and I hate to say it, but she seems like quite a good person, a good kafir (if there's such a thing). I told her about the similarities between Islam and Christianity, and was suprised by it. She told me that she likes how we muslims have fixed prayer times. I was amazed by this comment. I thought woow she must really love God (Allah). So Allah may guide her if He wishes.
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Ismahaan View Post
    I gave dawah to a girl in my class. She's a very religious Christian, and I hate to say it, but she seems like quite a good person, a good kafir (if there's such a thing). I told her about the similarities between Islam and Christianity, and was suprised by it. She told me that she likes how we muslims have fixed prayer times. I was amazed by this comment. I thought woow she must really love God (Allah). So Allah may guide her if He wishes.
    Sounds like a potential muslim actually.

Should ask her some questions which would make her think

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

glo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hi Syilla

Many people make the mistake to think that when they give dawah/evangelise, it is about 'saying just the right thing to convince the other person, and see them convert'.

I don't think it is!
    It is just about sharing your faith and telling or showing people how you live your faith.

I very much like Woodrow's post - it just about sums it up!

Some people are called to be great teachers and preachers, others are not.
    Don't beat yourself up, if you are not 'winning people over'.

You give dawah not just but what you tell people about your faith, but also by just being yourself!
    At some point in the future they may remember what you told them, but chances are they will remember evn more what kind of person you were!

Don't feel bad. Just be yourself, and leave the rest to God! It is God who tugs at people's hearts and calls them to him - not your words or actions.

Peace

Peace
    glocandle ani 1 - Your experience in giving da'wah...

Here I stand.
    I can do no other.
    May God help me.
    Amen.

Come, let us worship and bow down •
    and kneel before the Lord our Maker

[Psalm 95]

chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Hi Syilla

Many people make the mistake to think that when they give dawah/evangelise, it is about 'saying just the right thing to convince the other person, and see them convert'.

I don't think it is!
    It is just about sharing your faith and telling or showing people how you live your faith.

Peace
    Heya glo

well Muslim's want the best for everyone, just telling people about our faith and not encourage them to follow is like 'well i dont mind if u go to hell, just thought i tell u about my path to go jannah'

the prophets do more than just talk, part of dawah, and even teaching is to persuade and convince, not only just beat around the bush

take care all the best

commenthere:

chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

ps: suppose u had a child who doesnt know what fire feels like, so he decides to jump in there, would you just tell him 'about ur feelings of what fire is like, and hwo harmful it is' without taking the extra step of persuading him and physically stopping him from jumping in if he remains stubborn

all the best

commenthere:

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Your experience in giving da'wah... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Your experience in giving da'wah...