× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 31 visibility 4085

I am a Muslim!

Curious girl2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am a Muslim!

Report bad ads?

Salam everyone!

I just want to let everyone know that something wonderful happened to me a few days ago, I said my Shahada and became a Muslim! Allahu Akbar!

I hope you wont mind if I tell you my story. I was a Christian, my father was a minister until his death 3 years ago. I found Christianity difficult really, not the faith side of things but I could never reconcile my beleifs in the way that my father did. I had far too many questions that he could never answer. In my teens I drew away from the church but I always felt as though God was there. I always felt as though I was searching for *something* but never knew what. When I started work I met a muslim girl who became a good friend. She was a lovely person who put me onto the path of Islam. She was a very pious person, but never judgemental, she sparked my interest in Islam and taught me many things. I lost touch with her a few years later sadly when she married and went to live in Pakistan.

My interest with Islam was put to one side really after that, though it was always there in the background. I married a Christian, very much like me, who felt disatisfied with the Church. We had 2 children and are very happy still. He is a good man. Then a couple of years ago, after my fathers death, I started to really think more about Islam and decided to find out more for myself. I think that when he was alive, I wouldnt have been able to do this. I visited websites, read an online Quran, eventually finding myself here! Over the months my interest grew and I could feel the pull of Islam even more. I started to visit a masjid and spent time with reverts and other muslims.

Then something very strange happened, one night in bed, a couple of weeks ago, I think I was asleep but I am not sure, it felt like I was awake. I became aware of a presence at my side then I heard a voice in my head as clear as anything. It said "you have listened to word of Allah!" then it said "Lets go". All of a sudden my chest was tight, and my heart was thumping and I KNEW!

My life changed after that and I knew what I had to do! A few days ago I became a muslim and it was one of the most emotional times of my life! My husband, to his credit, has taken it upon himself to learn about Islam. Inshallah he will revert too, though I want him to do it for himself and not for me. He is asking so many questions and is going to visit the masjid too.

I have so much learn and Inshallah I will try my best to be a good muslim! Life feels so good right now and for the first time in my entire life I feel that I have found what I was searching for!

Peace
    CG
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    chacha_jalebi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: I am a Muslim!

mashallah :

Welcome to islam sista

ur so lucky man to convert mashallah, i hope Allah (swt) blesses you with his mercy in this world and the next world
    I am a Muslim!

Jaa-Ro-Nee-Mo!!!

"they ask you when will the help of Allah (swt) come! Certainly Allah (Swt) help is always near"

Surah al Baqarah v214

SMILE
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

salam

MashaAllah sis welcome to islam..

that story was so touching sis..may allah[swt] keep you steadfast in life...

looking forward to your posts..nice to have you here...

takecare xx

wasalam
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Masha'Allaah, may Allaah keep us all steadfast upon the truth forever and raise us with the righteous slaves of Allaah on the day of resurrection.

May Allaah guide your husband, your children and all those who are sincere in their journey of seeking the truth. Ameen.

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    DaNgErOuS MiNdS's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2 View Post
    Salam everyone!

I just want to let everyone know that something wonderful happened to me a few days ago, I said my Shahada and became a Muslim! Allahu Akbar!

I hope you wont mind if I tell you my story. I was a Christian, my father was a minister until his death 3 years ago. I found Christianity difficult really, not the faith side of things but I could never reconcile my beleifs in the way that my father did. I had far too many questions that he could never answer. In my teens I drew away from the church but I always felt as though God was there. I always felt as though I was searching for *something* but never knew what. When I started work I met a muslim girl who became a good friend. She was a lovely person who put me onto the path of Islam. She was a very pious person, but never judgemental, she sparked my interest in Islam and taught me many things. I lost touch with her a few years later sadly when she married and went to live in Pakistan.

My interest with Islam was put to one side really after that, though it was always there in the background. I married a Christian, very much like me, who felt disatisfied with the Church. We had 2 children and are very happy still. He is a good man. Then a couple of years ago, after my fathers death, I started to really think more about Islam and decided to find out more for myself. I think that when he was alive, I wouldnt have been able to do this. I visited websites, read an online Quran, eventually finding myself here! Over the months my interest grew and I could feel the pull of Islam even more. I started to visit a masjid and spent time with reverts and other muslims.

Then something very strange happened, one night in bed, a couple of weeks ago, I think I was asleep but I am not sure, it felt like I was awake. I became aware of a presence at my side then I heard a voice in my head as clear as anything. It said "you have listened to word of Allah!" then it said "Lets go". All of a sudden my chest was tight, and my heart was thumping and I KNEW!

My life changed after that and I knew what I had to do! A few days ago I became a muslim and it was one of the most emotional times of my life! My husband, to his credit, has taken it upon himself to learn about Islam. Inshallah he will revert too, though I want him to do it for himself and not for me. He is asking so many questions and is going to visit the masjid too.

I have so much learn and Inshallah I will try my best to be a good muslim! Life feels so good right now and for the first time in my entire life I feel that I have found what I was searching for!

Peace
    CG

Masha'Allah...I have a new sister in Islam...hello sister (hehe) welocome..so how long ago did you revert??

Your story is similar to another sisters who is/was a member at this forum...i think her name was doodlebug, like she was asleep and something similar happen. Masha'Allah thanx for putting a smile on my face through all thise stress of uni work i've under today lol
    I am a Muslim!

Take a Visit

Madarak 1 - I am a Muslim!We'll make you dizzy
    chat Quote

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

:awesome: Takbir: Allahi Akbhar.

Welcome to the family, Inshallah, may allah grant you Hikmah and patient.
    I am a Muslim!

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - I am a Muslim! atomicth4 1 - I am a Muslim! atomicth3 1 - I am a Muslim!
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Talking Re: I am a Muslim!

Alhumdulillah! Asalaamu Alykum Sister!

May Allah strengthen you and fill you with knowledge. May He also guide your husband to the straight path also. Ameen!

these posts always make me cry...

but, congradulations!!!!

Wa Salaam,

Yusuf
    chat Quote

Curious girl2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS View Post
    Masha'Allah...I have a new sister in Islam...hello sister (hehe) welocome..so how long ago did you revert??

Your story is similar to another sisters who is/was a member at this forum...i think her name was doodlebug, like she was asleep and something similar happen. Masha'Allah thanx for putting a smile on my face through all thise stress of uni work i've under today lol
    It just feels as though all my life *something* wasnt right. I was searching for something. I now know what it was, ISLAM! I feel more at peace with myself than I ever have before!
    chat Quote

rubiesand's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh that is a beautiful story sister!
    How blessed you are, alhamdulillah! :rose:
    I can't tell you how happy I am for you!
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

MashaAllah....you are making me crying...

congratulations!!!

May Allah strengthen you and fill you with knowledge. May He also guide your husband to the straight path also. Ameen!
    Ameen
    I am a Muslim!

heart 1 - I am a Muslim!

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Congratulations sister!

Masha'Allaah, all praise is due to Allaah who has guided you to this path.

May Allaah increase you in knowledge and keep you firm upon the truth. May He also guide your husband onto this same path, Aameen!

I am a Muslim!

chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah sis!
    Welcome to the Ummah <3
    Beautiful story. You just cleared away my boredom
    Ameen to the Dua's.
    I am a Muslim!

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

lolwatever's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wow mashalah congrats sis CG gr888 news

Alllll the best!!!! Welcome to LI in a new light this time
    salamz
    I am a Muslim!

commenthere:

ليس بعلم ما حواه القمطر، ماالعلم إلا ما وعاه الصدر
    animationPop 1 - I am a Muslim!
    .::.....sabr Ayyoub.....::.
    chat Quote

MusLiM 4 LiFe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

mashallah sisssssss! im proud ov ya
    I am a Muslim!

[x][..Im*Back*..][x]
    (kinda)

wwwislamicboardcom - I am a Muslim!
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

yayyyyyyyyy welcome to ISLAM

GO GIRL GO GIRL
    I am a Muslim!

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

doodlebug's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Curious girl2 View Post
    It just feels as though all my life *something* wasnt right. I was searching for something. I now know what it was, ISLAM! I feel more at peace with myself than I ever have before!

That's what happened to me!!! It woke me up and I KNEW what I had to do!!!! Alhumdullilah!!!!!! Welcome to Islam!!!
    chat Quote

Ibn Abi Ahmed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Masha'Allah! Welcome back

I am a Muslim!

Do not argue with your Lord on behalf of your soul, rather argue with your soul on behalf of your Lord.” - Dhul-Nun

"It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness." - Victor Frankl
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mashallah and Welcome home. I am so happy for you to have found the path home at a young age. It took me 65 years to find my way home. May you spend the rest of your life experiencing the joy I have found in Islam.
    I am a Muslim!

Herman 1 - I am a Muslim!

chat Quote

M2A^AKIB^'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i always love to see a good news here and there.
    Mashallah!!!
    Welcome to Islam!!!
    I am a Muslim!

Formerly known as Ya Mustafa!
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Oh MashaAllah, How tearful!! *sniffs*

Welcome to Islam Sis, May Allah keep you firm on the deen InshaAllah.

..Welcome to LI too :rose:
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! I am a Muslim! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. I am a Muslim!