star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello

Report bad ads?

I am happy to have found this forum and I look forward to learning from everyone.

I am a former Methodist pastor that has finally come to realize there are too many discrepancies in Christianity to continue on that path.

I know God to be the One, True God, so now I must come to the understanding of Muhammad as His Messenger. For so many years of my life, I've understood only Jesus to be His Messenger. But I want to come home to true faith in God alone, so allow me to be a sponge to soak up your wisdom.

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Hello

Welcome. I hope the forum will help you on your search insha'Allah. May Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) guide you towards the truth. insha'Allah. Amîn

rubiesand's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum Seeking One.

I hope you will find your time with us beneficial.

I would like to recommend two books for you to read on the subject of our Prophet (peace be upon him):

Muhammad: His Life Based on the Earliest Sources and Remembrance and Prayer: The Way of the Prophet Muhammad.

These are both excellent books full of wisdom and insight. I believe you will find them useful in your spiritual journey.

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome to the forum. We are in a way all are student from variouse age and background, trying to learn more. So welcome and do not be afraid to ask questions.

Are you sure you are you did not join this forum before?

I think by the name "sojourner"
    Hello

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - Hello atomicth4 1 - Hello atomicth3 1 - Hello
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.

6. Report bad ads?
    Muhammad's Avatar Administrator
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum SeekingOne .

I am very happy to hear of your recognition of God and your sincere search for His true path. May you find what you are seeking on this forum and we will be most pleased to help you in any way we can.

I hope your stay will be beneficial and enjoyable, God-Willing.

Peace.
    Hello

FollowingAlhuda's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Peace to you o SeekingOne.

May Allah, lead you to his truly light of Islaam.

In the Quran Allah Says:

"And they (non-believers) try to put out the light of Allah (Islaam) with their mouths (by speaking bad about this religioun). But Allah continous his light, even though the wrongdoers do not like it!"
    (shafa)

I hope you will find your anwsers Insha Allah.
    Hello

wwwislamicboardcom - Hello

Every Unbeliever is a potential Muslim

SeekingOne's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon View Post
    Are you sure you are you did not join this forum before?

I think by the name "sojourner"
    No, that was not me. Sojourner appears to be here in the States, but is a Baptist minister.

Frankly, I just discovered this forum today. I am ashamed to relate that I have vBulletin forums of my own, yet I never thought to seek out Islamic forums for more information.

Having once "wrestled" with God over His calling me into His service, I seem to sense His comforting hand upon me as I study and learn more about Islam. I recently watched a video about a former Christian that had reverted to Islam and without trying to sound cliche, I agree with what he kept repeating in the video. The more I learn about Islam, the more I realize Islam is what I wanted Christianity to be.

Reverting to Islam seems more and more like returning to the home that I have longed for, these many years.

Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SeekingOne View Post
    No, that was not me. Sojourner appears to be here in the States, but is a Baptist minister.

Frankly, I just discovered this forum today. I am ashamed to relate that I have vBulletin forums of my own, yet I never thought to seek out Islamic forums for more information.

Having once "wrestled" with God over His calling me into His service, I seem to sense His comforting hand upon me as I study and learn more about Islam. I recently watched a video about a former Christian that had reverted to Islam and without trying to sound cliche, I agree with what he kept repeating in the video. The more I learn about Islam, the more I realize Islam is what I wanted Christianity to be.

Reverting to Islam seems more and more like returning to the home that I have longed for, these many years.
    Inshallah you will find your way. Just remember everyone had to start from somewhere, the early companions of the prophet (prophets) where reverts.

Just Ask Allah(s.w.t) to guide. Any help just ask.
    Hello

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - Hello atomicth4 1 - Hello atomicth3 1 - Hello
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome...and have a beneficial stay.

Yes indeed....
    Hello

heart 1 - Hello

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.

12. Report bad ads?
    cleo's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I will say, you will be lead to perfect understanding, and peace in your heart. That is what I found in Islam. I am sure you will be guided to the light, for you to know, Allah is one and only...Welcome..

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Cleo, I have realized a fresh and new peace in my heart, simply by posting here as I have. I trust this is God's way of reminding me that I am moving in the proper direction. Thank you for your welcome.

The Ruler's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Greetings,

to the forums...hope you have a great and beneficial stay.

Peace
    Hello

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hello

Welcome and May God guide you!

Tc
    Hello

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

Aisha20's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

hi

welcome to Li

peace

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Hey.

Don't worry, Prophet Jesus and Muhammad (peace be upon them) weren't the only prophets. It's been authentically reported that the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said that there have been a total of 124,000 prophets, and around 315 messengers of God.

The prophets and messengers came to their own people and spoke their language so the people could accept the message clearly without doubts.

And We sent not a Messenger except with the language of his people, in order that he might make (the Message) clear for them. Then Allah misleads whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise. [Qur'an 14:4]

All the prophets called to the worship of Allaah Almighty Alone, but they came specifically to their own nation. Muhammad (peace be upon him) - the final messenger of Allaah was given the responsibility to spread this message to all of mankind. After all of the arabian peninsula had accepted islaam, the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him) passed away, by the wisdom of Allaah Almighty.

Due to the training the Prophet (peace be upon him) gave to his companions, in all aspects of life [i.e. in their faith, lifestyle etc.] these companions were fit enough to spread islaam to different areas of the world justly. Therefore within a few decades, islaam had spread as far as the west of Spain [al andalus] and reached as high as North of Africa. This was a blessing from Allaah, and we sit here today pleased with our Creator just because Allaah blessed one man, with one mission, the Messenger of Allaah (peace be upon him.)

We believe that Jesus will come back, and He will slay the anti - christ. Jesus is a respected messenger of Allaah, yet Allaah is One and only does what befits His majesty. So he doesn't need a child, nor does He need any other relative. Allaah is One, and there is none worthy of worship except Him, to Him we will be returned, and who is truer in His words than Allaah?

Beblessed's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Ummah Under 1 Banner
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome!
    Hello

O Allah Wash away my sins with the water of snow and hail, and cleanse my heart from sin as a white garment is cleansed from filth, and put a great distance between me and my sins, as great as the distance You have made between the East and the West.”

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Welcome Seekingone, I am a revert myself. I started life as a Roman Catholic. Had intended to become a priest. My early college days were as a semenarian. But, instead of becoming a priest I became agnostic and called myself a Buddhist. It took me 40 years from that point to discover I was really a Muslim. Reverting to Islam was like a return home to where I belonged.

My early days introduced me to Jesus(as) but it was as a Muslim I learned to truly know and understand him.

If you have any question please post them here of if you have personal questions feel free to PM me. New limited members can use the PM system to contact Mods.
    Hello

Herman 1 - Hello

brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I want to share some really great news with everyone. Let me begin by saying -

Assalamu Alaikum!

On this day, I have declared Shahadah and embraced Islam in my heart of hearts. Allahu Akbar!

I recognize this is the very first step of an infant in Islam and pray you will all recognize, in sha' allah, you are not exempt from answering my many questions! I will doubtless be leaning on all of you (and relying on your patience), in the coming days.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wa alykum as-Salaam warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

Maasha'Allaah kooooooooooooooooooool! can you post your revert story plz? praise be to Allaah who guides those who turn to Him sincerely.

24. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mashallah Brother and welcome home. Yes, we will be here to help you in any way we can. It may not be any one specific person, but you will find that your Brothers will be with you.

Welcome Home to Islam. May you feel the Joy of returning, because you were Muslim the day you were born, this is a home coming not a conversion.
    Hello

Herman 1 - Hello

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Hello Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Hello