× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 100 visibility 12884

Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

seeker_of_ilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

I just saw an advert, for Monday 8pm on channel 4, for a programme entitled Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Numaan's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

same here bruv
    chat Quote

FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

same here you know it's just gonna cause some controversy.
    chat Quote

strider's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

InshaAllah, i will watch it.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here's the story.

An undercover investigation has revealed disturbing evidence of Islamic extremism at a number of Britain's leading mosques and Muslim institutions, including an organisation praised by the Prime Minister.
    Secret video footage reveals Muslim preachers exhorting followers to prepare for jihad, to hit girls for not wearing the hijab, and to create a 'state within a state'. Many of the preachers are linked to the ******* strain of Islam practised in Saudi Arabia, which funds a number of Britain's leading Islamic institutions.

Article continues

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A forthcoming Channel 4 Dispatches programme paints an alarming picture of how preachers in some of Britain's most moderate mosques are urging followers to reject British laws in favour of those of Islam. Leaders of the mosques have expressed concern at the preachers' activities, saying they were unaware such views were being disseminated.
    At the Sparkbrook mosque, run by UK Islamic Mission (UKIM), an organisation that maintains 45 mosques in Britain and which Tony Blair has said 'is extremely valued by the government for its multi-faith and multicultural activities', a preacher is captured on film praising the Taliban. In response to the news that a British Muslim solider was killed fighting the Taliban, the speaker declares: 'The hero of Islam is the one who separated his head from his shoulders.'

Another speaker says Muslims cannot accept the rule of non-Muslims. 'You cannot accept the rule of the kaffir [non-Muslim],' a preacher, Dr Ijaz Mian, tells a meeting held within the mosque. 'We have to rule ourselves and we have to rule the others.'

The 12-month investigation also recorded a deputy headmaster of an Islamic high school in Birmingham telling a conference at the Sparkbrook mosque that he disagrees with using the word democracy. 'They should call it ... kuffrocracy, that's their plan. It's the hidden cancerous aim of these people.' The Darul Uloom school said it no longer employed the teacher and that one of the reasons he resigned 'was the incompatibility of many of his opinions with the policies of the school'.

When contacted by The Observer, UKIM said: 'We are a nationwide organisation and hold different programmes in our mosques. We are very concerned about this. We have instructed all our branches not to allow any more speakers with radical or fundamentalist views. This has occurred as a result of an internal problem. We hired out Sparkbrook community hall, and some of the organisations that hired it allowed some speakers with views that are not our own. As a result, no more external groups will be allowed to hire the community hall at Sparkbrook.'

Elsewhere the documentary records the huge popularity of DVDs and internet broadcasts produced by extremist preachers. At the Islamic bookstore at Regent's Park Mosque in central London, DVDs of a preacher called Sheikh Yasin are sold. In one DVD, Yasin, who is promoted on the mosque's website, accuses missionaries from the World Health Organisation and Christian groups of putting the 'Aids virus' in the medicine of African people, 'which is a conspiracy'.

Another DVD on sale features Sheikh Feiz, a Saudi-trained preacher. Feiz says: 'Kaffir is the worst word that can ever be written, a sign of infidelity, disbelief, filth, a sign of dirt.'

In a statement the company that runs the bookstore said: 'We sell and supply a wide range of material and we do not necessarily agree with it. It is totally unfair to blame [us] for any of the views expressed in these lectures.'

Elsewhere, another preacher at a mosque in the East Midlands is caught on film, praying: 'God help us in our fight against the kaffir, in every field, in every department of life. We beg you to help us fight against the enemies of our religion.'

Inside the Green Lane mosque in Birmingham, a preacher is recorded saying: 'Allah has created the woman deficient.' A satellite broadcast from the Grand Mufti of Saudi Arabia, Sheikh Abdul Aziz al-Sheikh, beamed into the Green Lane mosque suggests that Muslim children should be hit if they don't pray: 'When he is seven, tell him to go and pray, and start hitting them when they are 10.' Another preacher is heard saying that if a girl 'doesn't wear hijab, we hit her'.

Another preacher says: 'The time is fast approaching where the tables are going to turn and the Muslims are going to be in the position of being uppermost in strength and, when that happens, people won't get killed - unjustly.'

In a statement to Channel 4, Lord Ahmed, the convener of the government's Preventing Extremism taskforce, said he was worried about the programme's consequences: 'While I appreciate that exaggerated opinions make good TV, they do not make for good community relations.'

A spokesman for Green Lane mosque said Islam does not denigrate women and that the instruction to hit a child was merely a smack. He accused C4 of intensifying the 'witch-hunt' against Muslims.

'Undercover Mosques', Dispatches, goes out at 8pm on Monday, 15 January
    Source: http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_ne...984530,00.html
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Dispatches: Undercover Mosque

format_quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    InshaAllah, i will watch it.

I don't know whether that's a good idea, it's basically saying that loads of Mosques preach hatred in their sermons. It's probably composed of loads of misquotes, as I read from an article about it says.

wwwislamicboardcom - Dispatches: Undercover Mosque
    chat Quote

seeker_of_ilm's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by FBI View Post

same here you know it's just gonna cause some controversy.

No! What are you talking about?! With a name like "undercover mosque" you just know this will do a world of good for Dawah purposes(!)
    chat Quote

UmmSqueakster's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Doesn't it concern anyone that our religious leaders are preaching that people hit girls who don't wear hijab or that we should reject the rule of the kuffar?

If we live under a western government, aren't we bound by the fiqh of minorities?

I'm not one of those who blindly shouts "Go back to where ya came from," but it seems to me to be counter productive to live in the "land of the kuffar" if you're not going to show some loyalty to it, or at least live within it's systems, laws and rules.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman View Post

I don't know whether that's a good idea, it's basically saying that loads of Mosques preach hatred in their sermons. It's probably composed of loads of misquotes, as I read from an article about it says.
    Is it so hard to believe that there may be some rogue Imams who do preach hatred in their sermons in our mosques? I think not.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Is it so hard to believe that there may be some rogue Imams who do preach hatred in their sermons in our mosques? I think not.
    What excatly is a "rouge Imam" and what do u consider preeching Hate?
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think I'll watch the programme before judging it. And before someone accuses me of being naive: I know others prejudge Islam after hearing a bad word about it but never actually meeting a good, practicing Muslim, and the principle of that is wrong. Similarly, it would be just as wrong for me to jump to conclusions about a person I have not met, a book I have not read, or a television show I have not seen.
    chat Quote

ZAYD's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As i mentioned in a thread earlier, imams need to be very careful of what they say on the mimbar.

a casual remark about almost anything can be twisted into 'preaching hate'

may allah guide us all.ameen
    chat Quote

FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

As i mentioned in a thread earlier, imams need to be very careful of what they say on the mimbar.

a casual remark about almost anything can be twisted into 'preaching hate'
    Some would argue it has come to such a situation where muslims can't even openly make dua for the mujahideen without being labelled an 'Extremist' and Hijra is a must.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

What excatly is a "rouge Imam" and what do u consider preeching Hate?
    Example: Abu Hamza.
    Preaching hate: Saying all non-Muslims regardless of whether they are civilians or not, are legitamite targets (which they aren't) and therefore one is justified in killing them. Such discriminative and offensive nonsense has no basis in Islam, so why should we tolerate it being preached in our mosques?
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Example: Abu Hamza.
    Preaching hate: Saying all non-Muslims regardless of whether they are civilians or not, are legitamite targets (which they aren't) and therefore one is justified in killing them. Such discriminative and offensive nonsense has no basis in Islam, so why should we tolerate it being preached in our mosques?

Fair point and I agree.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some would argue it has come to such a situation where muslims can't even openly make dua for the mujahideen without being labelled an 'Extremist' and Hijra is a must.

if an imam says in his duaa

" may allah help our muslim brothers in iraq,palestine (etc.), who are facing many hardships and pain...."

something to that effect would be ok i think. in that dua the mujahideen are also included.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Some would argue.........................and Hijra is a must.

show em the way to the airport! lol

seriously, is that being realistic?

would the sahaba have just packed their bags and left?

gave up?

this is our country and we belong here. we have a right to stay here.
    chat Quote

FBI's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by ash19 View Post
    show em the way to the airport! lol

seriously, is that being realistic?

would the sahaba have just packed their bags and left?

gave up?

this is our country and we belong here. we have a right to stay here.

The point they're making is that muslims can't fully practise islam and would be under suspicion if they wanted to go out fisibililah ect and it would be best if they left.
    chat Quote

Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Perhaps we should limit this discussion to the programme in question.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Maarya's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think that we should watch the programme first before judging it.
    channel 4's done loadsa programmes on muslims and islam and they havnt said anything thats too bad (not that i know of, anyway), so you never know ...
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Dispatches: Undercover Mosque Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Dispatches: Undercover Mosque