× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 11 of 11 visibility 1413

Certain Brothers...

youngsister's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Certain Brothers...

Report bad ads?

Brothers and sisters, the college I attend hasnt got a prayer room so the brother pray on the ground floor and the sisters pray on the first floor the problem is that as soon as the brothers (about 10-15) finish their prayer instead of leaving the place or even being quiet they start to shout..joke around..basically make a lot of noise, Ok they young..16-19 but still thats really rude.

I am too shy cant approach them when I was still praying another sister told them to be quiet they listened,,,for about 30 seconds then the noise began again.

What can I do?
    Should I just ignore it?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Erundur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Certain Brothers...

format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister View Post
    Brothers and sisters, the college I attend hasnt got a prayer room so the brother pray on the ground floor and the sisters pray on the first floor the problem is that as soon as the brothers (about 10-15) finish their prayer instead of leaving the place or even being quiet they start to shout..joke around..basically make a lot of noise, Ok they young..16-19 but still thats really rude.

I am too shy cant approach them when I was still praying another sister told them to be quiet they listened,,,for about 30 seconds then the noise began again.

What can I do?
    Should I just ignore it?

The Point of Salah is to be supplicating to Allah (swt) these brothers should be aware of this when someone is praying if they wish to continue to talk with one another then they have to do it outside of the Praying area, I suggest you talk to the person who is in charge of the Prayer services or the leader of the Muslim Council in your College to make a mention of it.
    Last edited by Erundur; 01-11-2007 at 02:53 PM.
    Certain Brothers...

Pray:
    Our Lord! we have heard the call of one calling (Us) to Faith, 'Believe ye in the Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous.
    3:193
    chat Quote

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

If they don't listen to the students ask someone older, complain to them,

It's really hard to concentrate anyway how can you pray with people talking around you, if you say something incorrect during your prayer it could invalidate your prayer As Muslim brothers they should understand that, especially after they prayed, what's the point of praying if they are going to disturb others after it!

All the best!

Don't ignore it!

Peace sis Tc x
    Certain Brothers...

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Erm my college hasnt even got a muslim council or anyone i can really talk to about this, tasmyah yep it gets pretty annoying!
    When they pray the sisters dont make a sound so basically it just shows the lack of respect they have for us.

I am now thinking of praying on a different floor to them, would that be wrong as I know in the Deen is best for muslims to pray together.
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Astaghfirullah, i still don';t believe they do all this after prayer!

Try asking one more time, to maybe a brother that you are aware of being humble LOL or someone with a big gob, then they can tell em to shurrup!
    Certain Brothers...

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

Erundur's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by youngsister View Post
    Erm my college hasnt even got a muslim council or anyone i can really talk to about this, tasmyah yep it gets pretty annoying!
    When they pray the sisters dont make a sound so basically it just shows the lack of respect they have for us.

I am now thinking of praying on a different floor to them, would that be wrong as I know in the Deen is best for muslims to pray together.

who rented out the room to you? who ever gave you the permission to pray there is the person you should talk to.
    Certain Brothers...

Pray:
    Our Lord! we have heard the call of one calling (Us) to Faith, 'Believe ye in the Lord,' and we have believed. Our Lord! Forgive us our sins, blot out from us our iniquities, and take to Thyself our souls in the company of the righteous.
    3:193
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We havent got a room, we pray in the corridor, one thats not really used.
    I dont really know I am going to look into it Isha Allah. Tasmiyah Ye I know, the other sisters are not willing to talk to them
    chat Quote

hassaanejaz's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

rite! u shud complain!
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Well if the sisters don't wish to talk, i understand , maybe there is a Muslim teacher in your college that you can put forward your complaint to, including the complaint for a propa prayer room, jeez! LOL

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
    Certain Brothers...

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Prepare a note from a pc, when they leave then put the note in a place that they will find it, and tell them that they disturb you and so forth and it might disturb others from praying. And it is getting to you.
    Certain Brothers...

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

No! What brother reads notes on the floor, if your gonna do that, do a massive poster and stick it on the wall LOL, so everyone in the corridor reads it,

otherwise,

Say it to thier faces, tell them how much they disturb you and frustrate you in your prayer, let them know how disgusted you are at them, give blunt expression and make them feel BAD!!!!!

pshhhhh

If the sisters prefer to be nice and lower thier gaze Then let it be,

get a decent brother to do, i'm sure you'll find one!

InshaAllah!

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh
    Certain Brothers...

(صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Certain Brothers... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Certain Brothers...