star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why did God create man?

Report bad ads?

Why did God create man? I mean really, what for?

I can understand the whole universe thing, and the world, and nature. It's kind of like having a great big fishbowl. But why create man? He knew we were going to kill all the other fish, wreck the filter, pollute the water, destroy all the plants and other things in the fishbowl. So why?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Why did God create man?

I dont know about in other religions, but in Islam, this life is only a test for us. G-d has given us set rules to follow. Some will, some won't. We've been given free choice. We can decide what to follow, but we'll earn our results of our actions in the end. In Islam, we are created to worship G-d, and obey Him. He has also given us a mind to differ from right and wrong. Like I said some will listen, others will not. G-d knows everything we do and will do. If we choose one path or the other, He knows the outcomes of both. Everything created is for us, to appreciate whats been provided for us, so we remember Him everyday and be thankful. If the world was perfect and always happy go lucky, how would we get the chance to help one another? Some tragedies are not always from G-d, but the result of our own actions too. How do we know He isn't already saving us from more calamities? It's something to ponder over. I hope that helps. I might have to think through a little more and then write some later

Peace
    Last edited by Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн; 01-12-2007 at 04:13 AM.
    Why did God create man?

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SilentObserver View Post

I can understand the whole universe thing, and the world, and nature. It's kind of like having a great big fishbowl. But why create man? He knew we were going to kill all the other fish, wreck the filter, pollute the water, destroy all the plants and other things in the fishbowl. So why?
    Speaking as a human and from a human view point I would say that the creation of man was one of the most idiotic things ever done. It equates to a toymaker making a toy that does absolutly nothing except self destruct.

Fortunatly for me Allah(swt) does not think as a human. Fortunatly Allah(swt) can see far beyond my limited view.

I know that Allah(swt) exists. I know He(swt) has a purpose for me and all of us. I know that all will go in accordance with Allah's(swt) plans and he is the Best of planners.

Just because I can't understand, does not eliminate the fact God(swt) had a reason.
    Last edited by Woodrow; 01-12-2007 at 04:18 AM.
    Why did God create man?

Herman 1 - Why did God create man?

chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^^ i think i went too in depth :X lol...
    Why did God create man?

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    shible's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    wat to Say?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Before you enquire why god created man, try and put the question in a different manner.

why was man given the sense of reasoning. since there are too many life forms in earth.

why was man the only living being told to follow a set of rules to live their life.

why should man wear clothes.

wat difference does he have from animals.

Its because he was allowed to choose what he wishes to do. some may give a scientific example. but if God has denied you from reasoning then where will the science Blossom.

U can check with the habitat of each and every animal and in close you can observer they all follow a way of life .

something like a set of rules given to them.

but humans are the only creature that doesn't follow it on the whole.

Try to search answers for questions withing you and when U are able get them you become wise.

its like shaping an irregular stone into a beautiful statue
    chat Quote

mysticalsilence's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Simple !
    Ask yourself why did mozart write music?
    Just because he could and it was an expression of his creative powers.
    I believe with allah the awnser is the same God could create us so he created it us.

Our 3 pound brain is the most complex 3 pounds of matter in all of the universe! And thats from its materialist observable point of view Only allah knows the metaphysical complexities behind it!.
    chat Quote

SilentObserver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mozart wrote beautiful music. Much of what man does is ugly, vile, and evil. God knew we would be this way. So why. Why create a toy that destroys all the other toys, and the toybox as well?
    chat Quote

SilentObserver's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba View Post
    I dont know about in other religions, but in Islam, this life is only a test for us. G-d has given us set rules to follow. Some will, some won't. We've been given free choice. We can decide what to follow, but we'll earn our results of our actions in the end. In Islam, we are created to worship G-d, and obey Him. He has also given us a mind to differ from right and wrong. Like I said some will listen, others will not. G-d knows everything we do and will do. If we choose one path or the other, He knows the outcomes of both. Everything created is for us, to appreciate whats been provided for us, so we remember Him everyday and be thankful. If the world was perfect and always happy go lucky, how would we get the chance to help one another? Some tragedies are not always from G-d, but the result of our own actions too. How do we know He isn't already saving us from more calamities? It's something to ponder over. I hope that helps. I might have to think through a little more and then write some later

Peace
    So who are we? Why were we created? What is the purpose of our being? If this life is a test for us as you say, then we are more than just a creature on a planet. We perhaps existed before, and will exist after. But then who are we? And again, what is the point of our existence? Why did God create us? What purpose do we serve?
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Our purpose is to worship God in this life and obey him and believe in his messengers. If we do that, we will be rewarded with paradise for eternity. If we do not do that, we will be sent to hell for eternity.
    Why did God create man?

wwwislamicboardcom - Why did God create man?
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But why create man? He knew we were going to kill all the other fish, wreck the filter, pollute the water, destroy all the plants and other things in the fishbowl. So why?
    And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth." They said: "Will You place therein those who will make mischief therein and shed blood, - while we glorify You with praises and thanks (Exalted be You above all that they associate with You as partners) and sanctify You." He (Allâh) said: "I know that which you do not know."

Quran, chapter 2, verse 30.
    Why did God create man?

wwwislamicboardcom - Why did God create man?
    chat Quote

lolwatever's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The fundamental reason is what was mentioned above:

-----

56. And I created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me.

57. I seek not any provision from them nor do I ask that they should feed Me.

58. Verily, Allâh is the All-Provider, Owner of Power, the Most Strong.

59. And verily, for those who do wrong, there is a portion of torment like to the evil portion of torment (which came for) their likes (of old), so let them not ask Me to hasten on!

60. Then, woe to those who disbelieve (in Allâh and His Oneness Islâmic Monotheism) from (that) their Day which they have been promised (for their punishment).

Surat Adh-Dhariyat, Verse 56-60

------

Some aspects of him creating us is that his names and attributes are actuated, e.g. He will demonstrate hsi mercy, offer his forgiveness, show his justice, show his wisdom, execute his punishment amongst many others.

Finally, one of the problems with asking too much about 'why this why that', is that it detracts from the point of life, once we knwo it, we should proceed to achieve the goals set.

Rebelling over something that we may not totally comprehend is just setting ourselves on a path to failiure in this world and the next.

All the best
    Why did God create man?

commenthere:

ليس بعلم ما حواه القمطر، ماالعلم إلا ما وعاه الصدر
    animationPop 1 - Why did God create man?
    .::.....sabr Ayyoub.....::.
    chat Quote

aamirsaab's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    On vacation.
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Why did God create man?
    I'm sure God has His reasons
    Why did God create man?

Book on sharia law Updated!
    Mosque-a-mania!
    Someone said to the Prophet, "Pray to God against the idolaters and curse them." The Prophet replied, "I have been sent to show mercy and have not been sent to curse." (Muslim)
    ''Become the change''
    chat Quote

mysticalsilence's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mozart wrote beautiful music. Much of what man does is ugly, vile, and evil. God knew we would be this way. So why. Why create a toy that destroys all the other toys, and the toybox as well?
    Note:The beauty of his music is relative for each person and also to what is bad and mediocre.

I really dont understand why people make the argument of evil such a big issue!

Evil is part of good it self without evil there is no good there is neutrality as good is relative to evil.
    IF there is neutrality there is no option hence no free will!

Look at animals much of what they do cannot be considred "EVIL" because they are basically just surviving and reproducing. So much of what they cant be considered "GOOD" either.

That is because they dont really have free will atleast what I consider Free will.So me evil is a functionality of free will.

And even if you looked at it at your angle why would God be limited to only being good? Why would be wrong for him to dislay his wrath? If he is capable we can argue it all we want we wouldent be able to stop him would we?
    chat Quote

Maidah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Basically silent observer, like many people has told you that the purpose God creating us was to worship him. But to be honest i think you are questioning your existence (and others) because you cannot see yourself doing anything meaningful with your life. I don't think anyone knows what purpose they are meant to serve in this world apart from worshipping Allah, and when you don't seem to have a purpose, be it toward religion or socially, pretty much everything seems meaningless. I think what you need to do is to find out why you have been created rather than questioning the motives of Allah and his creation.

Sorri if i ave said anyfin that may have hurt u.
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Malaikah View Post
    Our purpose is to worship God in this life and obey him and believe in his messengers. If we do that, we will be rewarded with paradise for eternity. If we do not do that, we will be sent to hell for eternity.
    All the creations of Allah were created just with His orders. There were angels who had no brain of their own and did everything just as Allah ordered them to do. Jins were created for different other types of tasks. All these creatures kept on repeating the same kind of task perfectly which was specified to them. Iblees , a jin was was created as the leader of worship and trillions and trillions of angels were specifically created for the worship of Allah. Allah was not satisfied with all of these createion. Then He created man with his own hands and put a brain in his skull which could reason, and violate the set rules. Iblees, the leader of worship objected to this (just like the leaders of worship in this world do). He didn't like man for his tendency of reasoning and challenging the set rules. He became the enemy of man only because of this. Allah told him that only the man with brain can control His universe as his deputy. The Jinns with all kind of powers and strenght or the angels with all of their innocence can't modify His universe. Only some creative men can do some constructive job. Therefore, it's the men with creative brains who challenged the set rules and created or invented useful things in this world. It's just the begining of human creativity. Next generations of man are expected to explore the universe and change it to the satisfaction of Allah. Every new born child brings the message from Allah that He is very much hopeful with man's performance in this world. He still has plently of angels to worship for Him. He needs the man to continue working positively.
    chat Quote

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The thing is, God does as God pleases
    So you see for mankind there is no other option but to realize that we are a creation, and that Submission to God is the only wise choice and the natural course of things to come.

Mankind often thinks too highly of themselves, but we dont realize, that maybe (Allah hu Alim - God knows best)..maybe, Allah has created other Universes too? With other life and other realities.

We view Jannah (heaven) as the 'ultimate' because quite frankly that is the ultimate for OUR reality. Who is to say there are other realities that also exist ?

Go out side in the night and look at the sky if it is a cloudless night. Do you see those stars? Each is a sun like our own, with its own planetery system.
    From Earth scientists estimate, that even using the most powerful telescopes we cannot even see 1/3 of the universe, and that is just an estimate.

So now as you watch that distant star, imagine viewing yourself from there, sitting on earth....reality is you wont be visible, a microscopic organism in this universe..that is how insignificant humanity is.

So to comprehend why God did what, is quite literally impossible for humanity, we only have the option of submitting to God our selves, including ur intellect and surrender. And that is what Islam is: Submission.

I hope that little bit helps
    Aku
    chat Quote

iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion View Post
    The thing is, God does as God pleases
    So you see for mankind there is no other option but to realize that we are a creation, and that Submission to God is the only wise choice and the natural course of things to come.

Mankind often thinks too highly of themselves, but we dont realize, that maybe (Allah hu Alim - God knows best)..maybe, Allah has created other Universes too? With other life and other realities.

We view Jannah (heaven) as the 'ultimate' because quite frankly that is the ultimate for OUR reality. Who is to say there are other realities that also exist ?

Go out side in the night and look at the sky if it is a cloudless night. Do you see those stars? Each is a sun like our own, with its own planetery system.
    From Earth scientists estimate, that even using the most powerful telescopes we cannot even see 1/3 of the universe, and that is just an estimate.

So now as you watch that distant star, imagine viewing yourself from there, sitting on earth....reality is you wont be visible, a microscopic organism in this universe..that is how insignificant humanity is.

So to comprehend why God did what, is quite literally impossible for humanity, we only have the option of submitting to God our selves, including ur intellect and surrender. And that is what Islam is: Submission.

I hope that little bit helps
    Aku

Well that's interesting too, but it's the same old story we're used to listening from those who do not work but make their money by talking.

Man has to work first, and then submit. How could you submit a report of a project on which you never worked. Practical men work all during their lives and they submit to Allah when their lives end, we call it death. in other words submission starts after death, before that man has been created to work and learn the laws of this universe by exploring and investigating. Doing all those things which sometimes are very dangerous to him, but he never cares because he is the man. He prefers to explore and get off the set rules even if he's told that you'd be expelled from Jannah by violating certain rules. He does so because Allah made him like this. Every man would like to stay away from Jannah and would like to live in this world for as long as possible.
    chat Quote

lolwatever's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi View Post
    All the creations of Allah were created just with His orders. There were angels who had no brain of their own and did everything just as Allah ordered them to do. Jins were created for different other types of tasks. All these creatures kept on repeating the same kind of task perfectly which was specified to them. Iblees , a jin was was created as the leader of worship and trillions and trillions of angels were specifically created for the worship of Allah. Allah was not satisfied with all of these createion. Then He created man with his own hands and put a brain in his skull which could reason, and violate the set rules. Iblees, the leader of worship objected to this (just like the leaders of worship in this world do). He didn't like man for his tendency of reasoning and challenging the set rules. He became the enemy of man only because of this. Allah told him that only the man with brain can control His universe as his deputy. The Jinns with all kind of powers and strenght or the angels with all of their innocence can't modify His universe. Only some creative men can do some constructive job. Therefore, it's the men with creative brains who challenged the set rules and created or invented useful things in this world. It's just the begining of human creativity. Next generations of man are expected to explore the universe and change it to the satisfaction of Allah. Every new born child brings the message from Allah that He is very much hopeful with man's performance in this world. He still has plently of angels to worship for Him. He needs the man to continue working positively.
    On what eviddnce do you base those opinions on? Infact the evidence states the direct opposite, every other creation rejected the responsibility except mankind, and "verily man is ignorant" (we're the only ones that accepted this load) and stuffed up /stuffing up the task.

Except for those who carry out his commands, which are few.

Why did God create man?

commenthere:

ليس بعلم ما حواه القمطر، ماالعلم إلا ما وعاه الصدر
    animationPop 1 - Why did God create man?
    .::.....sabr Ayyoub.....::.
    chat Quote

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

good question, it kinda made me ask the question (you might find me silly for asking this but)

why do people want children? they always need to be fed, they cry and cause you a HUGE loss of sleep, you always have to clean their bottoms and then when they grow up they end up hurting you (sometimes).

as for your question:

to ask why God created man, then its to worship him. To ask why God wants this, is to put God on the level of human beings, dont try it

Humans desires and Gods will are two completely different things, when God wills something then he alone knows the reason behind it...
    Why did God create man?

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Every man would like to stay away from Jannah and would like to live in this world for as long as possible.
    Only a man without faith
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! Why did God create man? Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Why did God create man?