× Register Login What's New! Contact us

View Poll Results: do your friends/family/non-muslims you know have a bad view of islam?

Voters
41. Login to vote on this poll
  • Yes, and i sort of agree

8 19.51%
  • Yes, but i dont agree

5 12.20%
  • Yes, And i try talking to them to change their mind

9 21.95%
  • No Alhamdulillah!

19 46.34%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 58 visibility 5774

Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON !

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

So today as i was walking around outside i noticed three things,

1. Best Selling book about osama bin laden portraying muslims as bad people stuck right at the front where everybody is likely to see.

2. Best selling book about Al-Qaeda and radical muslims again same as no.1

3. On the papers theres Radical Muslims written on the front page in BIG WRITING.

My Qestion:
    Are your mates/friends/family scared of islam? Do they have a bad view of islam?

Thanks for taking time to answer this

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

2. Report bad ads?
    Chechen's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON !

I see it everyday. People are trying to make muslims look like bad guys. Sometimes they do it openly sometimes they do it in some subliminal messages and stuff but it's really annoying because you hear words like terrorist everyday and I'm seriously starting to get sick of it.

SATalha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think this rise in Hate is something that we all should of expected? Some hadith narrate this, sorry i dont have the daleel at the moment. I certainly get the looks when me and my Paps walk down in the city. We are dresses in the tub and white hat, people look and i just wonder what they are thinking in their 1000 pound suits.

Our preperation continued, with our efforts and the efforts of our brothers, for years and years. Through out that time we gathered, observed and waited until the moment to move arrived.

Sheikh Ahmad Yassin

SALAM MY UMMAH VISIT:
    WWW.EASY-TALK.ORG

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by SATalha View Post
    I think this rise in Hate is something that we all should of expected? Some hadith narrate this, sorry i dont have the daleel at the moment. I certainly get the looks when me and my Paps walk down in the city. We are dresses in the tub and white hat, people look and i just wonder what they are thinking in their 1000 pound suits.

When I walk around in the street people look at me and my mother with angry faces and I start feeling uncomfortable but then I think to myself: why should I care what these people think of me? I don't care what they think of me I only about what Allah thinks of me and they can't judge me cause they're simple humans like me. So that's what I tell myself. I just tell myself that they're jealous of me

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Chechen View Post
    When I walk around in the street people look at me and my mother with angry faces and I start feeling uncomfortable but then I think to myself: why should I care what these people think of me? I don't care what they think of me I only about what Allah thinks of me and they can't judge me cause they're simple humans like me. So that's what I tell myself. I just tell myself that they're jealous of me

But they're not jealous of you...

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by England View Post
    But they're not jealous of you...

Maybe they aren't I just tell myself that to make myself feel better

SATalha's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah bro sometimes it scary, specialy in friday nights when the non-muslims are drunk they go bonkers. you see we Bengalis are small in size and these guys are like 6ft pluse...But we do pack a punch. Not that i want to anyway.

Our preperation continued, with our efforts and the efforts of our brothers, for years and years. Through out that time we gathered, observed and waited until the moment to move arrived.

Sheikh Ahmad Yassin

SALAM MY UMMAH VISIT:
    WWW.EASY-TALK.ORG

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I think i read the hadith,

it says something like the mu'mins will be feared by everyone but they will fear none but Allaah.

The fear might be the islamaphobia?

-
    -

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Yeah bro sometimes it scary, specialy in friday nights when the non-muslims are drunk they go bonkers. you see we Bengalis are small in size and these guys are like 6ft pluse...But we do pack a punch. Not that i want to anyway.
    That must suck you should just get yourself some Chechen brothers to help you and that'll be the end to all your problems If I was there I'd help you

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I see it everyday. People are trying to make muslims look like bad guys. Sometimes they do it openly sometimes they do it in some subliminal messages and stuff but it's really annoying because you hear words like terrorist everyday and I'm seriously starting to get sick of it.
    I don't think people have to try to hard to make Muslims look like bad guys. Some Muslims are doing a good job of it.

IE.
    Groups claim Israel suicide blasthttp://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...469430E96A.htm
    Islamic Jihad and al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades have claimed joint responsibility for the first-ever suicide attack in the Israeli town of Eilat in which three people were killed.

A 21-year-old from Gaza was named as carrying out Monday's bombing in the first suicide attack by Palestinian fighters in Israel in nine months.

The bomber's mother said she was proud of the attack.
    Mohammed's brother, Naim, agreed. "We can hold our heads high after this brave martyr operation," he said.

The bakery owner and two employees were killed in addition to the bomber.
    Yes, what a brave man, killed a baker and two employees.
    Bread makers are the most evil of all. What courage it must take to blow up unarmed civilians at honest work.

Now I ask you, who is making Muslims look like the bad guys?

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    I think i read the hadith,

it says something like the mu'mins will be feared by everyone but they will fear none but Allaah.

The fear might be the islamaphobia?

I believe I read it somewhere myself but I can't remember it anymore...

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    I don't think people have to try to hard to make Muslims look like bad guys. Some Muslims are doing a good job of it.

IE.
    Groups claim Israel suicide blasthttp://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...469430E96A.htm

Yes, what a brave man, killed a baker and two employees.
    Bread makers are the most evil of all. What courage it must take to blow up unarmed civilians at honest work.

Now I ask you, who is making Muslims look like the bad guys?

I agree with you that what is told in the article is wrong and I don't agree with actions like that but believe me people here hate all muslims and it's not just because a few suicide bombings that happened thousands of miles away from here. I don't know but a lot on TV and in the streets you see anti muslims stuff and it's there for everyone to see. I mean people look at my mother like if she was a dangerous armed person but what can a woman with a bag of groceries do??

tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Here in America I didn't know what a muslim was until 9/11. Sure I had seen the women but didn't know the religion was why they had on head scarves. I thought it was some strange culture thing. Then in late 2002 I started working at a pizza shop owned by muslims. That is where I met my husband and got to know his close friend. They both began to teach me about the religion and cultures. I must admit that in the begining my family didn't aprove. Most of all my father. But then it only took one meeting between the two of them for my father to accept him. He has affected all of my families veiw on Islam. Because of him they realize that it isn't what the media makes it out to be.
    Now I try to spread the word as much as I can to anyone I meet. Americans need to know that there is no need to be afraid of Islam. It is a peaceful religion that in SOME cases has been distorted to fit peoples needs to justify their evil actions. Islam is not any where near being evil but the people who abuse it are. I think that is the message that the Islamic community in America need to get out to the public.

brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

wilberhum, thats not islaam mate, thats muslims, learn the difference

-
    -

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

btw wilberhum you didnt answer the question, do most poeple you know see islam as a bad thing?

-
    -

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tomtomsmom View Post
    Here in America I didn't know what a muslim was until 9/11. Sure I had seen the women but didn't know the religion was why they had on head scarves. I thought it was some strange culture thing. Then in late 2002 I started working at a pizza shop owned by muslims. That is where I met my husband and got to know his close friend. They both began to teach me about the religion and cultures. I must admit that in the begining my family didn't aprove. Most of all my father. But then it only took one meeting between the two of them for my father to accept him. He has affected all of my families veiw on Islam. Because of him they realize that it isn't what the media makes it out to be.
    Now I try to spread the word as much as I can to anyone I meet. Americans need to know that there is no need to be afraid of Islam. It is a peaceful religion that in SOME cases has been distorted to fit peoples needs to justify their evil actions. Islam is not any where near being evil but the people who abuse it are. I think that is the message that the Islamic community in America need to get out to the public.

It's true people need to know more about Islam. They only know Islam because of television and the television always tells them that muslims are evil people who have nothing better to do than blow themselves up.

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

In the US it is going to make a difference as to where you live. The states with the largest Muslim populations seem to have the most understanding and acceptance.

I will only speak for Austin, we are a very diverse culture with many religions and races living in peace. Hate crimes are very rare here and very minor.

Herman 1 - Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON !

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I agree with you that what is told in the article is wrong and I don't agree with actions like that but believe me people here hate all muslims and it's not just because a few suicide bombings that happened thousands of miles away from here. I don't know but a lot on TV and in the streets you see anti muslims stuff and it's there for everyone to see. I mean people look at my mother like if she was a dangerous armed person but what can a woman with a bag of groceries do??
    Whoever discriminates against one because of the actions of another is wrong. We are responsible for our own actions and not that of others.

My only point was that it not only non-Muslims that are causing discrimination against Muslims.

And yes I know people who think Islam is evil.

There opinions were not created by what Islam says or non-Muslims say. They came to the conclusion because of what some Muslims do in the name of god.

tomtomsmom's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Religion
    Agnosticism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammed_Reza_Taheri-azar
    This is what we hear about in my state. There are never stories on the news of how the local mosques feed the homeless in the area. Or the FREE classes the have to help people learn english or further thier education. It makes me sick that people only hear the negative side of things. The muslim population here is fairly small compared to other states so unless you personally know someone then all you hear about is what is on the news. None of this is taught in school. Just like I had no idea that Isreal wasn't even a country until 1947. I found that out from my husband. The majority of americans really need to open their eyes to what is really going on.

24. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim View Post
    My Qestion:
    Are your mates/friends/family scared of islam? Do they have a bad view of islam?
    Thanks for taking time to answer this
    no, but i am extremely selective about the kind of people i spend time around and i don't hang out with bigots.

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON !

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON ! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Calling the non-muslims - YAA AYYUHAAL KAAFIROON !