× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Results 1 to 20 of 55 visibility 6427

Iranian converts to Christianity

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Report bad ads?

salam all, a journalist wrote an article about this issue lol and i got quoted in the article about this issue of iranian converts to christianity!:

http://www.themedialine.org/news/new...p?NewsID=16721
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Kittygyal's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Iranian converts to Christianity

salamualikum.
    EDIT: just read ALL of the article made sense after all lol, but hey dude you have became famous mashallah, && akhi how did you do this all did someone interviw yh?
    Ma'assalama

pssst Habeshi.... erm take ''YH'' :X quote of now
    Last edited by Kittygyal; 02-14-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: cudn't be bothered reading all lol because the title got to me so i was like good for him init, but read it ALL && makes sens
    chat Quote

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

lol bro ur popular

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    Skillganon's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Skillganon
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

:s:
    Bro, I did not know you was Iranian.

Advertisment:
    MY PERSONAL PAGE

wwwislamicboardcom - Iranian converts to Christianity atomicth4 1 - Iranian converts to Christianity atomicth3 1 - Iranian converts to Christianity
    Atomic Bomb - Mushroom Cloud Cloud Blast from.
    chat Quote

Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

And lol @ Zaatri

Need to phone them up.

mashaAllah, by the way

I could not have put it better myself in the sense that most of the 'converts' do so without knowledge.
    Last edited by Umar001; 02-14-2007 at 05:35 PM.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

Goku's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Salaam Brother Saami, good comments in the article. I didnt know u were of Iranian descent, it is nice to see there are faithful Muslim Iranians like yourself.

"Were they created by nothing, or were they themselves the creators?
    Or did they create the heavens and the earth?
    Nay, they have no firm belief.”
    [Holy Qur'an: 52:35-36]

Islam-A Way of Life ordained by God.
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Zaatri, an American of Iranian descent, says he is not necessarily trying to convert people to Islam, but urges Muslims to make their decision only after they have all the information.

“Some people have been lied to. If you read the missionary arguments, you see they are distorting the Arabic, taking things out of context and quoting weak sources. It preys on weak Muslims who don’t know the sources.”
    lol...is this you.

btw...how should a muslim really react on this kind of situation?

heart 1 - Iranian converts to Christianity

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

dougmusr's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I could not have put it better myself in the sense that most of the 'converts' do so without knowledge.
    It seems to me that if you state "most of the 'converts' do so without knowledge", you are also implying that "some of the 'converts' do so with knowledge". I would take this to mean that a conversion to Christianity could in fact follow a rational study and comparison of the claims of both religions. That is perhaps why Islamic societies are so opposed to Christian teaching and mission activity.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    jello's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

^

It seems to me that if you state "most of the 'converts' do so without knowledge", you are also implying that "some of the 'converts' do so with knowledge". I would take this to mean that a conversion to Christianity could in fact follow a rational study and comparison of the claims of both religions. That is perhaps why Islamic societies are so opposed to Christian teaching and mission activity.
    Firt of all the field of Muslim-Christian debate is quite big and I do not think anyone can look into them totally.

And concerning this matter, Iranians are mostly Shias, and they are deviants at the very least and altogether out of Islam at the worst, so converting from one non-Islamic religion to another one would definitely not raise my worries.
    chat Quote

Malaikah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Swimming with thermus aquaticus in Yellowstone National Park
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Mashaallah bro, very well said indeed! Are you famous or what? How did you get interviewed?

dougmusr,

And what about all the Christians who convert to Islam, also with knowledge? I hope you see why I think your conclusion was a little bit oversimplified.

format_quote Originally Posted by jello View Post
    And concerning this matter, Iranians are mostly Shias, and they are deviants at the very least and altogether out of Islam at the worst, so converting from one non-Islamic religion to another one would definitely not raise my worries.
    Subhanallah, sad but true.

wwwislamicboardcom - Iranian converts to Christianity
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla View Post
    btw...how should a muslim really react on this kind of situation?

How else can a person react to someone moving from divine guidance (assuming they didn't commit acts of kufr that are common amongst the shia), to misguidance and hellfire?:rolleyes:

chat Quote

brenton's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Great job getting quoted!

Not all evangelicals are ignorant, and the ones who "missionize" Muslims that I know take great care to understand Islam, and struggle in the way Western Muslims do over issues like Jihad. Most care more about eternity than the here-and-now (which I think is wrong), so they aren't concerned about the "dangers of Islam," like you see on some websites. They are concerned that people know Jesus.

There are ignorant ones, but many of them would be fundamentalists, not evangelicals. As Muslims want to be understood, so do Christians.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I believe he was referring to the anti-Islamic website that he refutes... those guys aren't ignorant, they know what they are talking about, and they are just plain liars and truth-twisters.

The lowest of the low in my opinion.

chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Umar001's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by dougmusr View Post
    Well since I was not in a sort of debate or formative thread I didn't take it upon myself to analyse my words of choice. But fair enough, I will try to explain the position.

The fact that I said most do without knowledge, means that some do become christians having known knowledge, I guess the word here that needs to be understood is knowledge, what is meant by knowledge.

I was implying knowledge of compilation of the scripture in one phrase which would emcopass quite alot of things.

Now, coming to the fact that some do convert whilst having KNOWLEDGE, which I have summed up above, then yes, some do, but is it because it is rational? No. Rather, of those who convert who have knowledge, I do not think it is so because of rational study, but rather an inner compelling feeling which might have been triggered by some experiences.

So there are those who have knowledge, i.e. true background of christianity, but still convert, but do they convert because of this knowledge? I do not think so. They convert because they have a sort of experience and feel touched.

So "I would take this to mean that a conversion to Christianity could in fact follow a rational study and comparison of the claims of both religions." I would adivse you not to take it to mean that, as that is most further from the truth. Conversion in my view to Christianity does not occour because of a retional study and comparison but rather conversion can occour even if someone has done the study, though it is in my view unlikely, but its catalyst is something else.

I am glad you posted and gave me a chance to clear any misunderstanding

Eesa.

The path is long but I hope we meet,
    After the grave and the Day, in paradise in bliss upon a reclined seat.

A traveler traveling - travelled from shirk to tawheed,
    If I'm remembered for anything - let it be the Mercy I seek.

Your Bro. Abu Hurayra, al-Habeshi
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

well i am a strange mix, i am Arab-Iranian born in los angelas california,
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by dougmusr View Post
    no not really, because even those with knowledge who convert to christianity can never prove their christian faith, it is all based on EMOTION and not fact, they get told oh jesus wants to know u, oh jesus loves u, oh ur loved by god come back home, oh we christians love, and this and that, so that moves the person abit and he starts thinking with his emotions rather than logical reasoning as to why he should be a christian. go read EVERY convert story of 'knowledgable' muslims who left Islam for christianity, u will see all of them say ohhhhhhh i felt the love, i felt jesus! etc etc, which proves my point that it is all BASED ON EMOTION, NOT RATIONAL THINKING, now go read the christians who have converted to Islam, you will see a stark contrast, you will see they left christianity because they rationally compared Islam and Christianity and found christianity to be illogical and leaves u with many questions which go un-answered, while when they looked at Islam they saw all their answers and saw a real rational belief that can be easily proven and backed up, AND THAT MY FRIEND IS THE DIFFERENCE.
    chat Quote

Bittersteel's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

only 70,000?In my country we got about 1.4 million Christians(there are rumours that they were blackmailed to;most converts are illiterate villagers anyway) out of a population of 140-150 million.
    I would take this to mean that a conversion to Christianity could in fact follow a rational study and comparison of the claims of both religions.
    you many people convert for lots of reasons.some can do it for money or food even.heck they offer gifts to attract potential converts.
    http://in.news.yahoo.com/050116/139/2j1rp.html
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

true, iran has a population of 70 million, lol and they say only 70,000 converted, that is nothing, and for every convert to christianity we get 3 to Islam.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Tu kaun hai paiiii?
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Comeon guys this isn't a race.

*Without Allah, without Islam, life would be meaningless. If I've ever learned patience, it's because of this. Alhamdulillah...*
    chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Hey there! Iranian converts to Christianity Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Iranian converts to Christianity