star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One of the Best names of Allah

Report bad ads?

There're 99 Arabic names of Allah. Each of these 99 names of Allah describe one beautiful characteristic of Allah. Similarly Allah's name in Farsi is Khuda which also describes one of His beautiful charcteristics. 'Khuda' means that Allah comes to help himself without making a formal request. He always helps those who help themselves. He never helps those who keep looking towrds Allahs help and make begging from Allah as a part of their habbits. It seen that such people make money mostly from cheating or unfair means. In contrast, people who trust in Allah and do their best have a lot of self respect. They try their best to fix their problems by themselves and eventually become successful, because Khuda himself comes to help to the people who care for their self esteem.

Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch.

2. Report bad ads?
    Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Lightbulb Re: One of the Best names of Allah

huh

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

zaria's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: One of the Best names of Allah

format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi View Post
    There're 99 Arabic names of Allah. Each of these 99 names of Allah describe one beautiful characteristic of Allah. Similarly Allah's name in Farsi is Khuda which also describes one of His beautiful charcteristics. 'Khuda' means that Allah comes to help himself without making a formal request. He always helps those who help themselves. He never helps those who keep looking towrds Allahs help and make begging from Allah as a part of their habbits. It seen that such people make money mostly from cheating or unfair means. In contrast, people who trust in Allah and do their best have a lot of self respect. They try their best to fix their problems by themselves and eventually become successful, because Khuda himself comes to help to the people who care for their self esteem.
    Can you further explain this. To my knowledge. You can do nothing without Allah

Al_Imaan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

im not sure wat he/she is trying to say but he/she mentioned khuda...which is what we call Allah on persian or farsi....not sure if it means anything more the G-d or Allah.....^^it would be best if they further explained...

wwwislamicboardcom - One of the Best names of Allah

6. Report bad ads?
    iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by zaria View Post
    Can you further explain this. To my knowledge. You can do nothing without Allah
    Yes you're very right. You can do nothing without Allah. You need Allah's help to do anything. Allah helps those who help themselves. You cannot make Allah do anything for you. He himself decides who to help and when to help. When he wants to help someone, then he comes to help without asking. That's why his name is Khuda (Khud - a, which mean come by himself) .

Pk_#2's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i still dun get it dou

"Whoever lives amongst you will see much differing, so adhere to my Sunnah" Muhammad
    (صلّى الله عليه و سلم)

Dhikhrul-lil-Aalamiin

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by tasmiyah_B View Post
    i still dun get it dou
    Which part is difficult? I hope you still understand what is meant by self respect?

For example if you really want to help someone, then you'd help the needy person in such a way which doesn't hurt ones self respect. You should have observed that the respectable people never like to beg for help even when they're in deep crisis. Allah likes respectable people and comes to help them without any formal request.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Alllahu Alam

Maidah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I get what you mean bro, my mom kinda told me something similar. It's like the way we give charity that if you give it with your right hand the left should not get to know about it. And even in praying you should do is as secluded as possible (women). As far as saying that Allah helps those that helps themselves means that let's say you're in trouble, and you seek Allahs help, but unless you make an effort to get out of it yourself, Allah cannot help you. Allah is the one who creates miracles, but we as humans cannot expect for a miracle from his side. You should strive to achieve something to the best of your ability and streanght, then leave it to Allah, and he is the most merciful & benevolent, and he may just create a miracle as he pleases.

I know it's a bad way to explain this but i get what you're tryin to say.

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah View Post
    I get what you mean bro, my mom kinda told me something similar. It's like the way we give charity that if you give it with your right hand the left should not get to know about it. And even in praying you should do is as secluded as possible (women). As far as saying that Allah helps those that helps themselves means that let's say you're in trouble, and you seek Allahs help, but unless you make an effort to get out of it yourself, Allah cannot help you. Allah is the one who creates miracles, but we as humans cannot expect for a miracle from his side. You should strive to achieve something to the best of your ability and streanght, then leave it to Allah, and he is the most merciful & benevolent, and he may just create a miracle as he pleases.

I know it's a bad way to explain this but i get what you're tryin to say.
    You put it in a very good way. Allah may just create miracles as he please. You cannot make him create the miracles no matter what you do to make it happen. He does everything himself. Whatever He does is the best. That why he is Khuda.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You put it in a very good way. Allah may just create miracles as he please. You cannot make him create the miracles no matter what you do to make it happen. He does everything himself. Whatever He does is the best. That why he is Khuda.
    Masha'Allah

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Akhi i think we should call Allaah by His names in arabic. Because Allaah chose the arabic language to describe His ownself:

http://www.islamicity.com/Mosque/99names.htm

So we should stick to that instead insha'Allaah. The descriptions in other languages are descriptions. For example Abdullah in arabic is the real name, and 'Worshipper of Allaah' is just the translation of it, its not the actual name itself.

The same way words in other languages might just be descriptions but the real names of Allaah are in arabic. So let's stick to that insha'Allaah. And Allaah knows best.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah View Post

Akhi i think we should call Allaah by His names in arabic. Because Allaah chose the arabic language to describe His ownself:

http://www.islamicity.com/Mosque/99names.htm

So we should stick to that instead insha'Allaah. The descriptions in other languages are descriptions. For example Abdullah in arabic is the real name, and 'Worshipper of Allaah' is just the translation of it, its not the actual name itself.

The same way words in other languages might just be descriptions but the real names of Allaah are in arabic. So let's stick to that insha'Allaah. And Allaah knows best.
    Subhanallah. We should call Allah by no other names than Allah. However, we may recall or remember Him by his other names that describe His different charachteristics. Great Human beings don't need to hear the begging when somebody is in need of help. They themselves come forward to help. The name Khuda reminds us that Allah is the greatest. You can always trust Him especially when you're in real need. He will come to help by Himself. Never loose your self respect. He doesn't like the beggers of any kind.

brightness_1
    Spread this Avatar!
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

But we should pray to Allaah whenever we are in need of help The same way the prophets, and the righteous would do. Yes Allaah knows what is in our hearts and minds, but if the prophets called out to Allaah at times of distress, then we follow their example and do the same. We are in need of Allaah and He is not in need of us, so we show him our weakness in order that He will help us insha'Allaah.

18. Report bad ads?
    NobleMuslimUK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Brother I think you mean 99 are names and also attributes, of course Allah SWT's attributes are countless. Allah SWT loves his slave who calls upon him and only upon him whether it be in happiness or sadness. A lot of people just do in times of difficulty. In happiness you express your gratitude of course. Allah SWT is aware of every single action before we even thought about it let alone doing it, Allah SWT loves his slave 70 times more than a mother loves her child, Allah SWT doesnt like it when his slave is in distress or in difficulty so he sends help through anyone and anything he wishes. Also Allah SWT should be only called upon in arabic, I heard the name most beloved to Allah SWT is Ya Rabb.
    Havent you heard of the idol worshipper calling upon his idol Ya Sanam, he once said by mistake Ya Samad which is one of Allah SWT's name.

Maidah's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Ok should one not worry about respect in places where there is a fear to loose respect. I don't think this is applicable to Allah. The point here is that Allah is the source of respect for us, it is given to us by Allah we cannot create it because he does as he pleases. And it's also sad that when you make dua make it like a beggar and beg for Allah's mercy, you wont merely get it because you have asked for it but you have to prove that you sincerely want it. Worrying about respect is only for in-between people in this world. Allah will only come forward to help you when you call out to him, and liek bro Fi said we have to show him our weakness if he is to help us. There is no room for respect or pride in this case. The point here is that even though Allah knows our intentions, the gap between intention and action is still there. ALLahs 99 names are his attributes but it is not to say that if you say Al-Ghafooro (who forgives all) in times when you are asking for Allahs forgiveness, and say Al-Adalo(The justice) when you want justice. One can refer to him with his qualities but we should refer to him as Allah.

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Maidah View Post
    Ok should one not worry about respect in places where there is a fear to loose respect. I don't think this is applicable to Allah. The point here is that Allah is the source of respect for us, it is given to us by Allah we cannot create it because he does as he pleases. And it's also sad that when you make dua make it like a beggar and beg for Allah's mercy, you wont merely get it because you have asked for it but you have to prove that you sincerely want it. Worrying about respect is only for in-between people in this world. Allah will only come forward to help you when you call out to him, and liek bro Fi said we have to show him our weakness if he is to help us. There is no room for respect or pride in this case. The point here is that even though Allah knows our intentions, the gap between intention and action is still there. ALLahs 99 names are his attributes but it is not to say that if you say Al-Ghafooro (who forgives all) in times when you are asking for Allahs forgiveness, and say Al-Adalo(The justice) when you want justice. One can refer to him with his qualities but we should refer to him as Allah.
    This topic is only about the names of Allah. The meanings from all of His different names make Him look great; But the meanings of Khuda make Him look the greatest. One who comes to help by himself. So please help others in need like He does without hurting the self respect of others. This will make you look great too. Give this a try, and you'll feel the difference.

aLiTTLeTiMe's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

can you look this webside..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RX4mLCGxY4

NobleMuslimUK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This topic is only about the names of Allah. The meanings from all of His different names make Him look great; But the meanings of Khuda make Him look the greatest. One who comes to help by himself. So please help others in need like He does without hurting the self respect of others. This will make you look great too. Give this a try, and you'll feel the difference.
    I will have to disagree on your Khuda concept of being the greatest. My reason simply are if your thirsty then you must go to the well, the well will not come to you to quench your thirst. You make the effort go to the well or tap get a glass of water, then drink it by first saying Bismillah, then drink in short 3-4 gulps. Once finished you say Alhamdulillah, the water did not quench your thirst, your effort then starting with Bismillah and ending with Alhamdulillah, Allah SWT quenched your thirst. So yes in this case you do have to do something for something to happen for you, you have to invoke, remember, beg and thank Allah SWT.
    If we were getting blessings from Allah SWT by just Khud-a as you put it then why would we have to ask and then thank Allah SWT, since everything is blessed from Allah SWT. To get food on the table of course you have to work for it if you are capable of working, if in that case you just begged people on the streets, because of laziness and ease, thats the type of begging Allah SWT does not like. He never said dont beg Him, we must beg for Allah SWT's mercy all the time even though hes the most merciful.
    People have many needs some right and some wrong, often people blinded by their ignorance or lack of knowledge will ask for wrong things, such as a long life or huge amounts of wealth, just to live longer and indulge in worldly pleasures, these types of people's hearts get sealed.
    Beloved Prophet Mohammed PBUH was standing at Mairaj once HE PBUH saw many things going up and many things coming down. Prophet PBUH asked Jibrael AS, what are the things going up and whats coming down. Jibrael AS explained the things going up are people's deeds, the things coming down are decisions from Allah SWT.

Allah SWT knows best.

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK View Post
    I will have to disagree on your Khuda concept of being the greatest. My reason simply are if your thirsty then you must go to the well, the well will not come to you to quench your thirst. You make the effort go to the well or tap get a glass of water, then drink it by first saying Bismillah, then drink in short 3-4 gulps. Once finished you say Alhamdulillah, the water did not quench your thirst, your effort then starting with Bismillah and ending with Alhamdulillah, Allah SWT quenched your thirst. So yes in this case you do have to do something for something to happen for you, you have to invoke, remember, beg and thank Allah SWT.
    If we were getting blessings from Allah SWT by just Khud-a as you put it then why would we have to ask and then thank Allah SWT, since everything is blessed from Allah SWT. To get food on the table of course you have to work for it if you are capable of working, if in that case you just begged people on the streets, because of laziness and ease, thats the type of begging Allah SWT does not like. He never said dont beg Him, we must beg for Allah SWT's mercy all the time even though hes the most merciful.
    People have many needs some right and some wrong, often people blinded by their ignorance or lack of knowledge will ask for wrong things, such as a long life or huge amounts of wealth, just to live longer and indulge in worldly pleasures, these types of people's hearts get sealed.
    Beloved Prophet Mohammed PBUH was standing at Mairaj once HE PBUH saw many things going up and many things coming down. Prophet PBUH asked Jibrael AS, what are the things going up and whats coming down. Jibrael AS explained the things going up are people's deeds, the things coming down are decisions from Allah SWT.

Allah SWT knows best.

I don't know why you say Khuda (Allah) is not the greatest. He who comes to help without any request is the greatest.

There's a difference between a well and Khuda. A well will never come to the thirsty. However, if a thirsty person makes an attempt to find water, Khuda will help him.

When there was no rain in some religious societies, they used to give sacrifices of different kinds or performed different kinds of rituals or wazeefas to beg for the rain from Allah. But rain didn't follow. It followed only its due course. On the other hand practical people knew when there's going to be no rain, there'd be no rain no matter what kind of rituals or wazeefas, they'd perform. So, they tried different other ideas to bring water to their farms and fields. Khuda helped them and they were successful in developing various kinds of irrigation systems in their societies. Those who begged for rain from Allah, then begged from those who worked to developed their water sources.

You can still see a lot of such people who beg and pray from Allah for everything but do nothing to develop their own resources. They beg, buy or borrow everything from those who developed their sources.

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! One of the Best names of Allah Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. One of the Best names of Allah