star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The causes of Wars

Report bad ads?

The motives behind waging a war on others is to capture women, money or land or to control other people's resources. The spirutual or the religious slogans are for justification of war only. History proved it. The war on terror is also a kind of justification.
    The causes of Wars

Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: The causes of Wars

The spirutual or the religious slogans are for justification of war only. History proved it.
    You have listed the major causes but you exclude one cause. Religion has caused many a war. It is obviously true that religion has inspired hate and war was waged to rid the world of an infdel. That is not to deney that most offen religion is just an excuse.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum View Post
    You have listed the major causes but you exclude one cause. Religion has caused many a war. It is obviously true that religion has inspired hate and war was waged to rid the world of an infdel. That is not to deney that most offen religion is just an excuse.
    The biggest wars of the 20th century were not caused by religion. As a person with a grudge against theism, you love to tie atrocities in history with belief. I have never heard of a war with the goal of eliminating "infidels." Only thing close to it was wars by atheistic fascists who disliked people with a religious affiliation.
    Wars have one of two goals : 1.) Gain territory 2.) Regime Change
    chat Quote

iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Philosopher View Post
    The biggest wars of the 20th century were not caused by religion. As a person with a grudge against theism, you love to tie atrocities in history with belief. I have never heard of a war with the goal of eliminating "infidels." Only thing close to it was wars by atheistic fascists who disliked people with a religious affiliation.
    Wars have one of two goals : 1.) Gain territory 2.) Regime Change
    You're right no war is caused by religion. Relgions were used only to justify the wars and to impose superamacy. The real motives were women, money, and lands. These gains were made in every religious war. History couldn't these motives, so there were controversial religious justifications given for em.
    The causes of Wars

chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Men have been fighting wars since there were two tribes.

I’m sure that you have checked out each and every one of them, including all pre written history wars.

Logic would imply that in complex situations there are complex reasons. To think that all wars were for land and only land or women and only women or any other single cause can only come from mind that can not contemplate complex agendas.

To think that religion was never a primary caused in any war through out the entire history of humanity is truly absurd.

At least that’s my logical opinion.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I’m sure that you have checked out each and every one of them, including all pre written history wars.

Logic would imply that in complex situations there are complex reasons. To think that all wars were for land and only land or women and only women or any other single cause can only come from mind that can not contemplate complex agendas.

To think that religion was never a primary caused in any war through out the entire history of humanity is truly absurd.

The material gains was the basic issues in every war. Spiritual, religious or ideological issues were put in the forefront in the propaganda only to make the wars look more complex.
    The causes of Wars

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Men have been fighting in early history over LAND. The paradigm shift from the Neolithic Revolution had the ramification of people's affinity to a certain territory. How do you think empires were established later in history??

There is nothing complex about wars, and neither are the reasons. The majority of the wars were for land or regime change. Care to show me an exception? People like to convert simple causes into more complex matters. Religion was NEVER a primary cause for ANY war. You will fail to provide me exceptions since you will most likely fall into the trap of intertwining religion with politics.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
    I would have to respectfully disagree with Mr. Wilberhum. I think nationalism, and not religion, has been the greatest motivation for war. Religion is a means for peace and social justice, it can never be used appropriately to cause unnecessary harm or destruction. That said, the true religion (Islam) teaches that armed resistance (Jihad) and self-defense is not only allowed, but a religious obligation when the conditions for it are met.

أُذِنَ لِلَّذِينَ يُقَاتَلُونَ بِأَنَّهُمْ ظُلِمُوا وَإِنَّ اللَّهَ عَلَى نَصْرِهِمْ لَقَدِيرٌ

To those against whom war is made, permission is given (to fight), because they are wronged; and verily, Allah is most powerful for their aid
    [Al-Haj 22:39]

Consequently, people should differentiate between agressive war and unprovoked violence, such as the US invasion of Afghanistan, Iraq, and aerial bombing of Somalia, and justified self-defense, such as Hizbullah resisting Israeli aggression, or Lashkar-e-Taiba resisting the Indian army occupying Kashmir.

Jazak Allah khair.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

One of a cupple of thousand hits I got.
    The Wars of Religion
    The basic intolerance of the Christian religion is revealed not only in persecutions of heretics, dissenters and witches. Religious wars was another popular outlet for this intolerance. Following the Reformation in the sixteenth century, Europe was the stage for many religious wars, most of them between Catholics and Protestants.
    But of course some of you know better than every one else.
    Simple minds have simple solutions, that dont work because they miss the complexity of the problem.
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Simple minds have simple solutions, that dont work because they miss the complexity of the problem.
    1.) We are talking about WAR, not PERSECUTIONS.

2.) I knew you will fall into my trap, and I absolutely knew that you will mention the Counter-Reformation in your post. The military campaign between the Catholics and Protestants occurred because the Roman Catholic church felt threatened by the growing influence by this new denomination. Remember, the Catholic Church was the governing body in most of Europe during that time. If there were large numbers of converts to Protestantism, the the Catholic Church will be weakened and overthrown over time. That is why they waged war: for POLITICAL stability.

3.) I am interested to know the source of your quote

Just because you disagree with us doesnt make us simpletons. You are being ironic by accusing us of neglecting complex thought, while actually you are the victim of this flaw. You blamed an atrocity on ideology, but if you cared to look deeper you'd know that the conflict had political roots.

Regards.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I knew you will fall into my trap
    Oh such a clever man. At least you think you are. :laugh:
    You only think I fell because you only look at a small peace of the puzzle.

if you cared to look deeper you'd know that the conflict had political roots
    Of course it did. You can go on and believe that is the one and only cause.

Of if life was as simple as you would like it to be.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To solve the complex problems and issues, we can break them down into many factors. This makes the complex task simple and easy and we can find out where the real propbelm is. In most of the cases many simple issues are mixed up intentionally to mix it up and and to make it difficult to understand for the common people. Religion is used for this purpose also as well as to create sentimentalism which is rquired sometimes for involving the people into their war.
    The causes of Wars

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To solve the complex problems and issues, we can break them down into many factors.
    Right! Notice the s at the end of factor.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Oh such a clever man. At least you think you are. :laugh:
    You only think I fell because you only look at a small peace of the puzzle.

Of course it did. You can go on and believe that is the one and only cause.

Of if life was as simple as you would like it to be.
    No rebuttal as expected. Nice day to you, kind sir. Maybe a history book will serve you well
    chat Quote

18. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

The causes of war although interesting are not the most important question. The question that needs to be answered is "What is the prevention of war?" We as a race have yet to implement it universally in all of recorded history. True there have been areas of acceptable peace in some areas of the world. But, we have yet to see it on a World wide basis.
    The causes of Wars

Herman 1 - The causes of Wars

chat Quote

brightness_1
    Account Disabled
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow View Post
    The causes of war although interesting are not the most important question. The question that needs to be answered is "What is the prevention of war?" We as a race have yet to implement it universally in all of recorded history. True there have been areas of acceptable peace in some areas of the world. But, we have yet to see it on a World wide basis.
    War will never be prevented. Humans are war-philic creatures

Peace is like utopia: Impossible.
    chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

that is why we need islam
    The causes of Wars

heart 1 - The causes of Wars

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Not all of em. Only a small minority which likes to dominate others. Let's help the peace loving majority. Give your idea coz you talk like a real educated person. Other educated people may also contribute their ideas.

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
    that is why we need islam
    There were more fights in the name of Islam than without it. Now they can't fight face to face. So they do terrorism in the name of Islam. Innocent Muslims are exploited as well as killed by them. They make Muslims fight againts others as well as against each others in the name of Islam.
    The causes of Wars

chat Quote

syilla's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    save $ 4 hajj
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by iqbal_soofi View Post

There were more fights in the name of Islam than without it. Now they can't fight face to face. So they do terrorism in the name of Islam. Innocent Muslims are exploited as well as killed by them. They make Muslims fight againts others as well as against each others in the name of Islam.
    you should give sources and statitics on these. Maybe the number of crimes.
    The causes of Wars

heart 1 - The causes of Wars

25:36 And the true servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk the earth with humility and when the ignorant address them, they respond with words of peace.
    chat Quote

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by syilla View Post
    you should give sources and statitics on these. Maybe the number of crimes.
    Islam is basically a religion of wars. Every Muslim was supposed to do jihad with sword.
    The causes of Wars

chat Quote

26. Hide
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Hey there! The causes of Wars Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. The causes of Wars