star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Preparing The Youth For War...

Report bad ads?

Hollywood has for decades come out with material that is totally unsuitable for children, yet the rating deems it as appropriate. Children are very curious things they will still go for stuff that will bring them something new, something they haven't seen before, this is also a lot to do with short attention spans these days. Its become about a quick fix with everyone.
    This tragedy deepens, as games have become ever so popular, their popularity is due to the games imitating life so well, this artificial reality is given a tweak with online playability and interaction.
    Gears of War is the most popular game on the XBOX 360, this game deals with two issues, a war like scenario and total carnage in terms of violence content. These type of games are usually by America instead of Japan. I play this game online and I am an adult, but there are so many kids playing this game, a kid can easily become ambitious about joining the army when they grow up.
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    Count DeSheep's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Preparing The Youth For War...

format_quote Originally Posted by NobleMuslimUK View Post
    Hollywood has for decades come out with material that is totally unsuitable for children, yet the rating deems it as appropriate. Children are very curious things they will still go for stuff that will bring them something new, something they haven't seen before, this is also a lot to do with short attention spans these days. Its become about a quick fix with everyone.
    This tragedy deepens, as games have become ever so popular, their popularity is due to the games imitating life so well, this artificial reality is given a tweak with online playability and interaction.
    Gears of War is the most popular game on the XBOX 360, this game deals with two issues, a war like scenario and total carnage in terms of violence content. These type of games are usually by America instead of Japan. I play this game online and I am an adult, but there are so many kids playing this game, a kid can easily become ambitious about joining the army when they grow up.
    Sooo...You're calling us stupid because some people younger than you play a game, and you play it too...That about right?

Now I ask:
    1. Roughly how many young people play online games?
    2. Roughly how many young people are mass murderers or become soldiers?

I've always played "violent" games and watched it on TV. Many people do. But very few people will become soldiers, and those that do don't do it because they played a game.
    chat Quote

NobleMuslimUK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Count DeSheep View Post
    Sooo...You're calling us stupid because some people younger than you play a game, and you play it too...That about right?

Now I ask:
    1. Roughly how many young people play online games?
    2. Roughly how many young people are mass murderers or become soldiers?

I've always played "violent" games and watched it on TV. Many people do. But very few people will become soldiers, and those that do don't do it because they played a game.
    I am not calling anyone stupid, I love playing violent games, but it will affect someone playing in their teens in a different way being exposed to all that violence.
    chat Quote

Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Playing and watching violent media may cause people to become apathetic to violence, including real violence, which is bad. However, I don't think these things necessarily make one want to join the military. The military is about discipline and service...not something the youth of today seem too concerned about.

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    iqbal_soofi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    Playing and watching violent media may cause people to become apathetic to violence, including real violence, which is bad. However, I don't think these things necessarily make one want to join the military. The military is about discipline and service...not something the youth of today seem too concerned about.
    Playing violent games doesn't make children violent. It only sharpens their skills and gives them opportunity to learn how to defend themselves against different tactics. In fact, it's the sentimentalism which makes people stupid or violent. Even a mentally retarded or a person with less than an average intellegence could easily motivate very wise and educated people into a violent and wild crowd just with one sentimental slogan. I assure you that all those people who do a lot of destruction on roads and damage public property and kill their own people and look like mad elephants are those people who are against playing any kind of games let alone the video games.

Faith, to my mind, is a stiffening process, a sort of mental starch.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I am not calling anyone stupid, I love playing violent games,
    Muslim...love playing violent games...eh?

but it will affect someone playing in their teens in a different way being exposed to all that violence.
    I'm living proof that you're wrong. The games I own are Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Elder Scrolls, Mercenaries...the list goes on. I've killed thousands upon thousands of people in the video game world. Yet I've killed no one in the real world. I'm not some blood thirsty psycho.

There are those that go crazy and kill people after playing a violent game, yes. Some admit that they knew what they were doing, others hide behind Halo and games like it, and then there are the people that are genuinely impaired. Age is irrelevant. People that know what they're doing in a game know what they're doing in real life.
    chat Quote

NobleMuslimUK's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Clearly you are ignoring the psychological implications here, yes you may become desensitized to violence in general, but that surely disrupts the chemical balance in the brain. Its not just the fat kids anymore, games have everything and the amount of interaction has seen some new breakthroughs, so the target market is now ever wider than before. Its easier to convince kids to buy.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Clearly you are ignoring the psychological implications here,
    The ones you made up 5 seconds ago?

yes you may become desensitized to violence in general, but that surely disrupts the chemical balance in the brain.
    What? Since Veggie Tales, Spongebob, and Barney are the opposite of violence, I must assume that the chemical balance in the brain would be disrupted by watching those shows. They are a threat to society.

Its not just the fat kids anymore,
    What about the fat kids?

games have everything and the amount of interaction has seen some new breakthroughs, so the target market is now ever wider than before. Its easier to convince kids to buy.
    Easier to convince adults, too, especially since they're the ones with the jobs and thus the money. Funny that you ignore that part.
    chat Quote

Fishman's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Post Re: Preparing The Youth For War...

Violent video games do little to prepare people for war, they just give you the illusion that you are so uber that you can just walk into a hail of bullets, destroy the enemy and come running out again to shoot some more people. If you took even a single bullet in real life you certainly wouldn't be fit to fight for quite a while.

wwwislamicboardcom - Preparing The Youth For War...
    chat Quote

12. Report bad ads?
    Muezzin's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    Bat-Mod
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's really funny when people say/imply that videogames make people violent as if the games are inherently evil or something. It's just as crazy as when people try to blame the actions of terrorists on Islam as a whole.

I do accept, however, that games can desensitize people. It's important to remember that books and films also depict violence. Heck, the right book can change you in all the wrong ways... Crucially, though, we wouldn't ban books.
    chat Quote

brightness_1
    Religion
    Christianity
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin View Post
    Heck, the right book can change you in all the wrong ways... Crucially, though, we wouldn't ban books.
    :enough!: :enough!: :enough!:

WHY can't anyone say that on my gender segregation thread...>.< It's the same thing! >.<!!!
    chat Quote

15. Hide
Hey there! Preparing The Youth For War... Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Preparing The Youth For War...