star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

A question of proper manners

Report bad ads?

Please excuse such a basic question, but I want only to be proper in my behavior here. I noticed posts beginning with a greeting and ending with wishing peace. I thought that was sort of a formality that I should do, but I get the feeling from reading recent posts such a beginning and end to a post seems to connotate the idea of being a brother with the reader. Is it proper and expected to write posts in this manner, or as a Christian should I not do that? Or are we brothers in Adam and it's proper?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: A question of proper manners

The greeting you see in Arabic is (peace be upon you)... and I see you writing that in most of your posts anyway-- so if you wished-- you can just write it in Arabic! --nothing wrong with wishing peace upon people who seek it and wish to receive it ... Having impeccable manners is a quality of the righteous insh'Allah.......

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - A question of proper manners

chat Quote

don532's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by PurestAmbrosia View Post
    The greeting you see in Arabic is (peace be upon you)... and I see you writing that in most of your posts anyway-- so if you wished-- you can just write it in Arabic! --nothing wrong with wishing peace upon people who seek it and wish to receive it ... Having impeccable manners is a quality of the righteous insh'Allah.......

Thank you for your guidance. I want to have proper manners in the company we share here. I don't know how to write the Arabic letters. Another thing I need to learn.

peace be upon you
    chat Quote

جوري's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Soldier Through It!
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by don532 View Post
    Thank you for your guidance. I want to have proper manners in the company we share here. I don't know how to write the Arabic letters. Another thing I need to learn.

peace be upon you

you are in luck... I found these sites on here... you know I have a Lebanese friend who speaks Arabic but can't write it... what a shame.... you are actually showing more initiative than some Arabic/ Muslim native speakers I know..... you should cut yourself some slack-- May G-D guide you to the path of the righteous Insha'Allah (Ameen)

http://www.madinaharabic.com/Arabic_..._%20Course.htm

http://www.madinaharabic.com/Arabic_...Lesson_001.htm

Text without context is pretext
    If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him 44845203 1 - A question of proper manners

chat Quote

6. Hide
Hey there! A question of proper manners Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. A question of proper manners