× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Results 1 to 20 of 65 visibility 5642

Iran's Power stations

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Iran's Power stations

Report bad ads?

Hi

Iran needs nuclear power for peaceful purposes. They dont want a bomb and will only use the technology for peace.

It's sitting on a bathtub of oil.

I dont get it.

2. Report bad ads?
    Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Iran's Power stations

Crude oil is really quite nasty and useless stuff. It is what can be done with it after it is refined that makes it useful. Most of the oil producing countries have neither the technology nor the equipment to refine the oil into useful products so they depend on selling the oil to provide income that they can use to produce energy.

The world of oil, refineries and sales is very complex and requires a small army of businesses from around the world to make it work.

Although on the surface oil refining appears to be a simple process, a refinery is a pretty large facility and requires a huge amount of steel to build. The oil rich companies have no domestic steel in any quantity.

another problem the portion of the refinery that breaks the oil down into assorted light weight benzene chain molecules (the stuff that makes gasoline) requires a catalytic cracking still. the catalyst used is platinum. One company owns 90% of the worlds mined platinum. that is UOP an international company that designs or has designed nearly all of the worlds refineries. The companies that have built most of the refineries are Bechtel, Kellogg and procon. again multi national companies. Procon is a wholly owned subsidiary of UOP. The majority of the worlds oil is bought by the 7 giant oil companies, again multi-national companies.

So in my round about way of saying things the oil in the ground in Iran is of little value to Iran unless they can find a buyer for it.
    Iran's Power stations

Herman 1 - Iran's Power stations

mahdisoldier19's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Wow and i thought Kellogg was just a cereal brand!
    Iran's Power stations

I Do not Support any Extremist or Fundamentalist Groups, We should all strive for a Democratic State in which Free Thought can be Expressed!

Woodrow's Avatar Jewel of IB
    brightness_1
    May Allah have mercy on him رحمة الله عليه
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19 View Post
    OOOPs I should have specified it is MW Kellogg that is the construction people. Not related to the cereal people.

http://www.mwkl.co.uk/
    Iran's Power stations

Herman 1 - Iran's Power stations

6. Report bad ads?
    Keltoi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

This is a fairly interesting perspective on Iran's energy policy.

http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_n...ew.cgi/8/14955
    Iran's Power stations

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

barney's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Meh...Making a Oil refinery is a hell of a lot easier than making a nuclear power plant. If Platinum is hard to get hold of ...try uranium. You need a little bit more steel for a Nuke station than a oil station.

I'm not saying to produce their own refinerys wouldnt be hard...but it's not the same as enriching heavy metals.

Also...why wouldnt they just send the oil off to be refined like anyone else?
    Also...If they dont want a bomb...why not just stop at a light water reactor?

When you throw in Mahmudinarjads rantings you can really picture him as a guy whose going to use it all peacefully.

guyabano's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Hi

Iran needs nuclear power for peaceful purposes. They dont want a bomb and will only use the technology for peace.

I dont get it.
    and yeah, and my Name is Bond,...James Bond !
    Iran's Power stations

Im Always Right,Its Like,When Im Right,Im Right,And When Im Wrong,I Could've Been Right,So Im Still Right,'Cause I Could've Been Wrong!

IbnAbdulHakim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Addict
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by mahdisoldier19 View Post
    lol

interesting stuff uncle
    Iran's Power stations

-
    My tears testify that i have a heart
    yet i feel me and shaytan never part
    -

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Even if Iran wanted Nuclear weapons, what gives the west the right to dictate who develops what?

Its like saying I can have a gun but you cant because you will shoot someone lol

12. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by akulion View Post
    Even if Iran wanted Nuclear weapons, what gives the west the right to dictate who develops what?

Its like saying I can have a gun but you cant because you will shoot someone lol
    The danger with any nation developing nuclear weapons is proliferation. Iran hasn't shown itself to be a responsible party when the proliferation of weapons comes up.
    Iran's Power stations

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."

AvarAllahNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They only want what we have. Simple.
    Iran's Power stations

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā
    The One Lord, the Lord of the World, is my God Allah.

Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Mahraaj Ji!

Kal Meh Bėḏ Atharbaṇ Hū Nā Kẖuḏā Alhu Bẖa.
    In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Mahraaj Ji!

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor View Post
    They only want what we have. Simple.
    So it doesn't matter what a nation's history of WMD proliferation is? Everyone should have it regardless of their ability or will to proliferate this technology to other less than stable nations, like North Korea?
    Iran's Power stations

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi View Post
    So it doesn't matter what a nation's history of WMD proliferation is? Everyone should have it regardless of their ability or will to proliferate this technology to other less than stable nations, like North Korea?
    Name me the nation who has used it, tell me??
    Iran's Power stations

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

In the Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the Atharva Veda became prominent; Allah became the Name of God.

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Name me the nation who has used it, tell me??
    We both know the answer to that question(I think), but that same nation hasn't used them since, not even in Vietnam. The point is proliferation, which is the selling of nuclear weapons and technology to any who pay.
    Iran's Power stations

18. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

We both know the answer to that question(I think), but that same nation hasn't used them since, not even in Vietnam. The point is proliferation, which is the selling of nuclear weapons and technology to any who pay.
    It's the right of a sovereign nation. Or let the US/UK give up theirs. (although I don't think they should) but allow other nations the same right. I don't like people who dictate.
    Iran's Power stations

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's the right of a sovereign nation. Or let the US/UK give up theirs. (although I don't think they shoul) but allow other nation the same right. I don't like people who dictate.
    It's the right of a sovereign nation? You seem to forget that Iran signed the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, which agreed to allow inspections to make sure they weren't seeking nuclear weapons technology. They started a secret nuclear weapons program anyway. As a member of the U.N., Iran has certain obligations, especially when it signs a treaty.
    Iran's Power stations

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

It's the right of a sovereign nation? You seem to forget that Iran signed the Nuclear Nonproliferation Treaty, which agreed to allow inspections to make sure they weren't seeking nuclear weapons technology. They started a secret nuclear weapons program anyway. As a member of the U.N., Iran has certain obligations, especially when it signs a treaty.
    I used to think Iranians are hotheads who can't be trusted with nuclear weapons whereas we, on the contrary, are ''level-headed and responsible'' people. - They'll have them.
    Iran's Power stations

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I used to think Iranians are hotheads who can't be trusted with nuclear weapons whereas we, on the contrary, are ''level-headed and responsible'' people. - They'll have them.
    I'm having a hard time figuring out why that makes you happy. Iran has sold and bought weapons from North Korea. I'm not talking guns, I'm talking missile technology. Why should the international community expect Iran to be responsible and level-headed when they have nuclear weapons?
    Iran's Power stations

brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Sikhism
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

I'm having a hard time figuring out why that makes you happy. Iran has sold and bought weapons from North Korea. I'm not talking guns, I'm talking missile technology. Why should the international community expect Iran to be responsible and level-headed when they have nuclear weapons?
    US/UK fund EVERY conflict going on this planet so spare me the crap please.
    Iran's Power stations

Ėk Gusā Alhu Mėrā

24. Report bad ads?
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

US/UK fund EVERY conflict going on this planet so spare me the crap please.
    Hmmm, they fund every conflict on the planet...I suppose you have proof of this? Oh wait..I forgot, it is up to me to prove that your claim isn't true. :enough!:
    Iran's Power stations

26. Hide
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... Last
Hey there! Iran's Power stations Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Iran's Power stations