star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Question about the war in Somalia

Report bad ads?

I was discussing the conflict in Somalia on a forum of mostly Kaffirs and I mentioned I supported the ICU. I felt(and still do) that Muslims have a right to defend themselves against foreign aggression, in this case by the US and ethopia. Someone said that it was unIslamic to support them because they did things like kill people who didn't pray 5x in a day. Can anyone provide me with Hadiths or verses from the Qur'an that show it is justified to favour such a group in the face of invasion or conflict? Or was I wrong to support them?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    E'jaazi's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Question about the Jihad in Somalia

I couldn't find anything on the subject, so I am going to call a student of knowledge and ask him and try to respond later, Insha Allah.
    chat Quote

New_Muslim's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Or perhaps any fatwas supporting the ICU?
    chat Quote

north_malaysian's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by New_Muslim View Post
    they did things like kill people who didn't pray 5x in a day.
    They did that? Is it mentioned in the Qur'an to kill non-prayers?

Assalamualaykum... I am back!!
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    DAWUD_adnan's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Striving for Allah
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

They did worse, trust me , they said that every somail who left the country as a refugee had done something (WRONG SERIOUsLY WRONG, how could they say that DONT WANNA MENTION it astagfirullah)
    to the Quran

[/SIGPIC1][SIGPIC]
    chat Quote

YusufNoor's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Anathema
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by New_Muslim View Post

I was discussing the conflict in Somalia on a forum of mostly Kaffirs and I mentioned I supported the ICU. I felt(and still do) that Muslims have a right to defend themselves against foreign aggression, in this case by the US and ethopia. Someone said that it was unIslamic to support them because they did things like kill people who didn't pray 5x in a day. Can anyone provide me with Hadiths or verses from the Qur'an that show it is justified to favour such a group in the face of invasion or conflict? Or was I wrong to support them?
    A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu alaykum wa'rahma-tullahi, wa'barakatahu,

don't believe everything that you hear or read about the ICU. according to the Somalians that i know, no one was killed for anything other that what Sharia provides for. [my personal opinion is that if the ICU let them have their girlfriends and their kat(sp?), they would have supported them whole heartedly]

the problem, in my eyes, is that although the majority seem to favor the ICU, they didn't seem to be prepared to "back them up". the whole "tribalism" thing appears to hurt any kind of Somalian solidarity. the Somalis seem to identify with their tribes MORE than anything else, including Islam. what happens in another part of Somailia is written off as "some tribes fighting", no need for me to get involved.

if they wanted to support the ICU, they have all the support of the Qur'an, which they might now be considering as they are in the process of "finishing off" what remains of the Ethiopian Army that is currently surrounded.

not much point in discussing the situation with "kaffirs", it's confusing enough just talking with Somalians!

May Allah(SWT) guide them back to the straight path, aid them and help them repel the invaders.

Yusuf

Had the non-believer known of all the Mercy which is in the Hands of Allah, he would not lose hope of entering Paradise, and had the believer known of all the punishment which is present with Allah, he would not consider himself safe from the Hell-Fire
    http://www.muftimenk.co.za/Downloads.html
    chat Quote

AHMED_GUREY's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

To brother New_Muslim i'm quite dissappointed you didn't press for examples from these individuals that claim the Islamic courts were carrying out this ''so-called'' punishment( if you did they wouldn't be able to back it up) but instead disgested there lies

there was a big media frenzy months back when someone claimed this..

''a'' somali sheikh of the ICU tells muslims pray or die

^was the title..

but what did the ''leader'' of the ICU say??

Meanwhile, Sheikh Aweys, who is in the list of US wanted terrorists said he was against the recent call by one of Islamic courts’ members who declared he who does not perform the prayer would be killed.
    Link

it was clearly hearsay dogma on the part of the discussants you were conversing with.

format_quote Originally Posted by YusufNoor View Post
    A`udhu Billahi mina Shaytanir Rajeem,

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu alaykum wa'rahma-tullahi, wa'barakatahu,

don't believe everything that you hear or read about the ICU. according to the Somalians that i know, no one was killed for anything other that what Sharia provides for. [my personal opinion is that if the ICU let them have their girlfriends and their kat(sp?), they would have supported them whole heartedly]
    Salaam brother the ordinary civilians supported them it was these munafiiq Warlords who made profit out of the suffering of my people that oppossed the courts

the problem, in my eyes, is that although the majority seem to favor the ICU, they didn't seem to be prepared to "back them up". the whole "tribalism" thing appears to hurt any kind of Somalian solidarity. the Somalis seem to identify with their tribes MORE than anything else, including Islam.
    that is incorrect just look at this Map of territories that were under ICU controll for six months providing security and stability, my people from different clans inhabit these cities and towns and they individually invited the Courts to cleanse them from their thugz and they did

the local administrations of the two regions Puntland and Somaliland all feared their own local sheikhs who had their own meetings with officials from the courts and therefore they grounded flights from P-land and S-land to the South , they feared their own people because the Courts were a popular homegrown movement and they continued to grow, case in point the negative attack on the courts by a popular Somali newspaper criticizing them was burned in large numbers in Somaliland

what happens in another part of Somailia is written off as "some tribes fighting", no need for me to get involved.
    Again incorrect brother there were large groups of men from Puntland and Somaliland who joined the ranks of the ICU and there was a national conference being planned which would include Somalis from all walks of life

they took away from us the one thing that can unite us (->Islam) by attacking the movement that was spearheading it in it's infancy they then in return enforced on us a 4.5 formula system of government which is based on ''clans''(seperates us) and headed by the same Warlords that terrorized us for 16 years this system of government also discriminates against the smaller groups which fall out of the loop

the Somali professor who analyzed this flawed system bassicly says what every expert on Somali affairs thinks

Somalis are told ‘you’re clans, not citizens’-Prof. Abdi Ismail Samatar
    Last edited by AHMED_GUREY; 04-04-2007 at 07:18 PM.

Pangea animation 03 1 - Question about the war in SomaliaSubhanallah
    chat Quote

Sunduss's Avatar Limited Member
    brightness_1
    Limited Member
    star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Question about the war in Somalia

I believe that the ICU sure know a lot about Islam. Therefore they would KNOW that you can't kill someone for not praying. It's only the western media that want to portray them as backward evil monsters. Its probably because the US didn't want to see Somalia (which happens to be a practically all muslim nation) rise up and actually BE something. But hey that's just my view.
    chat Quote

11. Hide
Hey there! Question about the war in Somalia Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Question about the war in Somalia