× Register Login What's New! Contact us
Results 1 to 6 of 6 visibility 1414

Profile Issues

.:Umniyah:.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Angry Profile Issues

Report bad ads?

Ive tried to put something as my signature. And every.single.thing. i try doesnt work....and its making me mad :enough!:
    What on earth CAN I put? and how do i find somewhere that has the type of files which ARE allowed?
    chat Quote

2. Report bad ads?
    snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate star_rate
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

Re: Profile Issues

well, if it's any consolation - you are not the only one. i tried something repeatedly last week and finally gave up. all i got was "Unable to save image"
    Profile Issues

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Profile Issues
    chat Quote

akulion's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldtimer
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

i think it would be a good change not to have images in the signatures

They seem to be geting bigger and bigger every week
    chat Quote

snakelegs's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Oldskool
    Religion
    Unspecified
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

you make a good point. as a person with dial-up connection, the pages would certainly load faster without all the elaborate images.
    Profile Issues

each man thinks of his own fleas as gazelles
    question authority
    image06 1 - Profile Issues
    chat Quote

6. Report bad ads?
    noodles's Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    Religion
    Islam
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

You can always set it to 'diabled' so it won't show any signatures. I browse the forums that way and it the pages seem to flow in smoothly without any lag.

Its the same with the Avatars.

As for loading in a pictures, I dont have one and I haven't tried to load one, but I think it may be a file size restriction or perhaps the image is just too big in general.

EDIT: I just looked it up and this are the rules for loading pictures from your computer

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
    Which means the files resolution cannot be bigger that 500 X 100 pixels. If you are computer illiterate then I suggest just right-clicking the file you are trying to load and in the 'general' panel it should display the resolution.(On XP it also displays if you hover your mouse over the file). Similarly the file size is also restricted to 19.5 KB which again can be found under the file properties.

If you're image does happen to cross the boundaries, then I suggest loading it up in paint and cutting off edges or opening up photoshop and doing an 'image resize' there.

EDIT #2: I also forgot to mention that there is an alternative. You can always use image hosting sites to load up your image and linkit here. For example, if you go to www.imageshack.us you can upload your image there and just copy and paste the link in the appropriate place in your 'edit signature panel'
    Last edited by noodles; 04-01-2007 at 04:12 AM.
    chat Quote

.:Umniyah:.'s Avatar Full Member
    brightness_1
    IB Senior Member
    Threads
    Rep Ratio
    Likes Ratio

format_quote Originally Posted by noodles View Post
    You can always set it to 'diabled' so it won't show any signatures. I browse the forums that way and it the pages seem to flow in smoothly without any lag.

Its the same with the Avatars.

As for loading in a pictures, I dont have one and I haven't tried to load one, but I think it may be a file size restriction or perhaps the image is just too big in general.

EDIT: I just looked it up and this are the rules for loading pictures from your computer

Which means the files resolution cannot be bigger that 500 X 100 pixels. If you are computer illiterate then I suggest just right-clicking the file you are trying to load and in the 'general' panel it should display the resolution.(On XP it also displays if you hover your mouse over the file). Similarly the file size is also restricted to 19.5 KB which again can be found under the file properties.

If you're image does happen to cross the boundaries, then I suggest loading it up in paint and cutting off edges or opening up photoshop and doing an 'image resize' there.

EDIT #2: I also forgot to mention that there is an alternative. You can always use image hosting sites to load up your image and linkit here. For example, if you go to www.imageshack.us you can upload your image there and just copy and paste the link in the appropriate place in your 'edit signature panel'
    thanks bro. I think my problem is that i want to upload images with HTML codes, i really dont know how to upload anything else. All the images I have or know of are HTML, not GIF or whatever else is allowed. But none the less thanks, and InshaAllah I'll figure it out sooner or later.
    chat Quote

9. Hide
Hey there! Profile Issues Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and share your thoughts. Profile Issues